Memoirs of a Flighty Flutter: Laures' Story (open) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

dawns_aura

Peaceful Demigod

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:33 pm
’Once there was a foolish young flutter, the only son of the leaders of a matriarchal nomad herd. He was a bit of a rebel, not adhering to the strict ideals of his family. Gender ideals, blood purity… none of it mattered to him. For this, he was considered a black sheep, but it would disgrace his family to kick him out of the herd, or disown him. So they did what they thought was best. They ignored him, allowing him to live as he wished, but refusing to claim him. In their minds, he did not exist.

When he was a young stallion, his family was in the area of a herd of mixed breeds. Their ways of life were not as restrictive, and seemed a better fit for the young flutter prince. It was decided by his parents, who did care for him in their own way, that this would be a better place for him. And if he chose to stay on his own… well, they didn’t disown him or cast him out. It was his choice. And so they schemed with the elders of this herd.

It just so happened the herd leaders had a daughter around the same age as the young flutter. And she was so suggestible and easy-going, it would be a simple thing to plant the idea of her falling in love with the wandering prince. An arrangement that would be beneficial to both herds.

And so, the flutter and Tezza fell in love, as orchestrated by others. But this love was no less real for all that. They were happy. And shortly before the flutter’s herd was to move on, the couple discovered they were expecting. The flutter was elated. He and his mate were going to have foals of their own. He just had to tell his family, and get their permission to stay with his love. Feigning the need to think it over, his parents were relieved. Finally they would be rid of their troublesome son. Taking what would be seen as an appropriate amount of time to think it over, they agreed, provided he would accompany them to the next stop and announce his decision before the other high ranking members of the herd so that it would be official.

Knowing that Tezza was expecting, he was reluctant to leave her. What if something bad happened to her while he was gone? If that was the case, he would never be able to forgive himself. But Tezza insisted he go. That way they could be together and it would be right. She did not care that it meant he would be gone for months. She wanted them to have his herd’s blessing and their life to be started off right. So with heavy heart, he left her, travelling with his birth herd back to their main meeting place for the last time.

The journey was long, uneventful on his side, though he was plagued by fears and nebulous concerns. What if…? But he returned and none of those fears were realized. And Tezza was more beautiful than ever, glowing as only an expectant mother could. Their life together was idyllic and he was truly content for the first time in his life. They discussed their hopes and dreams for the future. And he would tell her stories, or sing, and cater to her every whim.

Then on the day that should have been one of the most happy and magical of his life, tragedy struck. Tezza knew that morning when she woke that that day the foals would be there. She also knew that the flutter would overreact and be overly protective and, quite simply drive her nuts. She would have to find some way to get him to leave her alone for the foals to be born. She sent him off on an errand to collect her favorite fruit, a journey that would keep him busy at least half the day, which should be enough time. And he would have such a pleasant surprise when he returned.

Blissfully unaware, the flutter left, determined not to be gone for very long. He knew the foals would be coming soon, and he was more than eager to meet them. To be a dad. He wondered about them. Who would they take after? Would they be dark like him? Or would they take after their lighter mother? Would they have his wanderlust, or Tezza’s tendency to daydream? Would they be healthy? It didn’t matter to him. He would love them regardless.

He went about his task with a cheerful, light heart. Not noticing the passage of time until the afternoon sun shone in his eyes. Realising how long he had been gone, he felt the sudden need to get back to the herd. He shivered even though the day was warm. There was something wrong. He needed to return to the herd and Tezza as swiftly as he could.

What greeted him when he returned was a sight the flutter would never forget. The sight of broken bodies lying on the ground, drenched with blood. And several wicker baskets crushed torn, and blood spattered. The sharp tang of blood in the air filled his nostrils, making him nervous. What if whatever had done this was still around? He couldn’t tell if it was safe or not.

Just then he caught sight of Tezza, as she twitched and tried to move. She was alive. He rushed over to her side. ‘My love… baskets… gone… foals…’

‘Shhh, don’t talk.’ He murmured as he leaned down and nuzzled her. ‘I’ll go get help. You’ll be alright.’ Then her words sank in. His foals… their foals. She had given birth, but they were gone? Dead?

She struggled to speak some more, as though she had a message that was more important than her life.’ No guilt…. I want…. Want you to live…. Find love again.’ The light in her eyes faded as the life left her body. She died, even as he stood there and was able to do nothing.’

If you are interested in any plots or rp with Laures, post here or pm. Just let me know which plot you're interested in and what soquili you are offering. Please don't be offended if I turn any soq down for the more specific plots I am looking for ( I have fairly particular ideas about the roles). That said, I will not turn down general rp, provided it's not just a meet'n'greet. I would like to have some substance to the rps.

I will rp in guild, in thread, or over pm
Also, Laures is my most active muse so I am usually able to respond fairly quickly, unless RL gets in the way. If I don't respond within a week or so (and haven't mentioned rl happenings) feel free to poke me.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:39 pm

User Image

Name: Laures
Temper: Vivacious
Personality:He is a gentle soul, and a gentleman. Though he is quick to call others “friends” they are usually acquaintances unless they have had some major impact on him. Seemingly always happy-go-lucky, he often comes across as rather less intelligent as he is, and one-dimensional. At times immature, he has reluctantly grown up somewhat- his “good is good, evil is evil and there is no in-between” attitude has been completely shattered and he realizes that there are shades of grey in the world. He often acts rather colt-ish but is more than capable of being serious if the situation calls for it.

Morals and values: After a foalhood of being shunned and unwanted by any member of his family, except his eldest sister, he has a strong attachment to the dream of having a large, loving family of his own. He is well-mannered and polite, this is at times used to hide the deep-seated insecurity his upbringing left him with. He will not ever resort to violence or stand for those who are weak to be picked on, even if it leads to him being injured.

dawns_aura

Peaceful Demigod

dawns_aura

Peaceful Demigod

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:47 pm
Rp Log:

Family-
-Siblings of the Heart In which Laures and Liliah realise they are more sibling than having any 'romantic' connection. ((typing up and will be logged asap))
-The Princess and the Butterfly In which Laures meets his Princess.
-Love's Innuendo In which Laures asks Bailey to be his Lifemate.

Experiences-

-Up the Mountains, Through the Sea
caving with 'Lena, and a crippling accident

Teaching/Leadership opportunities-

General-
-Don't Worry, Be Happy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:52 pm
Plot Ideas:

~Finding someone to heal his wing after the caving accident
~ Comforting someone in need
~ Helping someone who was either lost in a cave or a victim of an accident similar to the one he had
~ A run-in with someone who attempts to harm him
~ Confronting past memories and learning to move on
~ Dealing with insecurities

-Friends/aquaintances
-mentoring
-adoption?
-fights with up to moderate wounds
-Storytelling/teaching
-family?
-adventures and make-believe

Not Looking for: Maiming, death, romance

dawns_aura