Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Knockturn Alley
D'Lux Gold, NPC Owned, Available Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:07 am

๐•ฏ'๐•ท๐–š๐– ๐•ฒ๐–”๐–‘๐–‰ ๐•น๐–Ž๐–Œ๐–๐–™๐•ฎ๐–‘๐–š๐–‡ ๐–†๐–“๐–‰ ๐•ญ๐–†๐–—

By day, an old, abandoned warehouse resides in the heart of Knockturn Alley. The two main entrances are always under lock and key, and, fortified with protective enchantments and curses. After the sun has set the doors are opened by a stoic bouncer, never once smiling. Bright, sparkling strobe lights bounce off the walls spilling into the open darkness. The sound, itself, never pierces the wizarding world dwelling just outside it's doors as drinks are poured and the fun begins.

User Image

๐•ฎlub ๐•บwner

๐•ญartender
Jeremy Lovette

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:20 am
User Image

The square wooden bar rests in the dead center of the club beneath a ring chandliers, seating and dining areas rooted all throughout. A generous stage is uplifted at the rear of the establishment, more often than not, hosting a DJ or a live band while the dance floor sprawls open wide between the bar and the stage. Lavatories can be found in the entrance foyer.

The second floor lacks any comfortable seating, but makes up for in an abundance of open dance floors, the DJ here is much louder, beating into the hearts of the dancers. A balcony extends out where patrons can rest and smoke, a smaller bar with a single tender rests outside to serve the tired patrons as well.

The third floor is VIP only, an extravagent scene for business officials and affairs, with, the feature of gorgeous women to dote on them. A bouncer is always protecting these doors. Just recently, a Victorian Era mirror has been hung, it seems out of place, but doesn't ever stir much more than a second or third glance.

Food Menu

Dementors Sirloin Steak
Duelers Bacon Burger
Witches Grilled Sandwich
Jalapeno Spell Poppers
Seekers Shrimp Scampi
Auror's Crispy Jumbo Panko Prawns
BBQ Wings
Fresh Soup of the Day

Beverages Menu

Cocktails & Mixed Drinks
Dragon Blood
Hocus Pocus
Night Owl
Confringo Martini
Fiendfyre Margarita
Patronus Flame
Petrificus Totalus Martini

Liquor
Vodka
Whiskey
Rum
Gin
Tequila
Scotch
Bourbon
Cognac

Wine
White Wine:
Cakebread Chardonnay
Chardonnay Hess Collection Su'skol Vineyard
Anterra Pinot Grigio
Concannon Sauvignon Blanc
Chardonnay Fogcrest, Russian River
Red Wine:
Blackstone Merlot
Sabasiani Cabernet Sauvignon
Rodney Strong Merlot
Sterling Cabernet Sauvignon
Rosemount Shiraz

Beers and Lagers
Firewhiskey
Fuller's London Pride
Ruddles County Traditional English Ale
Moorhouse's Pendle Witches Brew
RCH Brewery Ale Mary
Wychwood Brewery Hobgoblin Dark English Ale
St. Peter's Organic English Ale
Harveys Elizabethan Ale
J.W. Lees Moonraker
Black Sheep Riggwelter

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:29 am

To apply as an owner or employee go to the Shop Owner Basics and Information (KA) thread and fill out an application.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:24 am

๐•ณenry ๐•ฒraham ๐•ญurke
Owner of
๐•ฏ'๐•ท๐–š๐– ๐•ฒ๐–”๐–‘๐–‰ ๐•น๐–Ž๐–Œ๐–๐–™๐•ฎ๐–‘๐–š๐–‡ ๐–†๐–“๐–‰ ๐•ญ๐–†๐–—

User Image

It had been years since he last saw his baby girl, his precious daughter that had, in the end, caused so much trouble for him. His family had forbidden him to ever see the mother, his ex-wife, Diane. Idly, he began to wonder where she was, and what she was doing. He wondered if his daughter ever thought of him anymore. Her birthday was rolling in quickly, heโ€™d have to find her something even if he couldnโ€™t be there to see the smile on her face.

He shook his head, clearing his mind of all the memories of them. He had started a new life now. Dusk had fallen and by now, the sun was retreating back to the other side of the world. He nodded to the stoic bouncer at the door, the signal to open its mouth to the public.

It had been years since he last traversed the streets of Knockturn Alleyโ€ฆ He wondered how much had changed. But with blinking lights and vibrating music humming deep into his flesh, he was surprised he could even think at all. The bodies began to swarm, and all at once, life burst within his nightclub.

โ˜ฝSingle
---โ˜…Pureblood
------ โ˜พ D'Lux
----------โ˜† Preparing
--------------โ˜ฝโ˜…โ˜†โ˜…

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:03 pm
User Image
I don't wanna live
I don't wanna breathe
'les I feel you next to me
You take the pain I feel
Waking up to you never felt so real

Adette Carlson
| Pureblood | Former Gryffindor | Mother of Chance and Cecille |

Iโ€™ll never wake up without an overdose of you

ร—ยบยฐโ€หœ`โ€ยฐยบร— ร—ยบยฐโ€หœ`โ€ยฐยบร—

Adette wandered around Knockturn Alley, cloaked in black, Ebony perched on her shoulder. She was utterly lost, but stumbled across what seemed to be a club, of sorts. What the heck. Might as well check it out. she thought as she entered the building. "Hello? Is anyone here?" she asked into the darkness. Then, the lights came on, the entire place coming to life. "Oh wow..." she mumbled, her eyes full of awe. It was then that she noticed the dark haired man in the room. "Oh. Hello. You're the owner, I assume? If it's not any trouble, could I apply for a job?" she said to him, lowering the hood on her cloak, revealing her long, black hair. Her raven remained on her shoulder, watching with dark, soulless, eyes.

{OOC: Application will be in next post.}

I don't wanna sleep
I don't wanna dream
'cause my dreams don't comfort me
The way you make me feel

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:44 am

Owner of

User Image

The world around him soared at ultra-speed, life seemed to blur together as he stood, immobile, in a sea of black and red, and flashing green and yellow and blue lights hanging over head, twinkling under the light of the four chandelier rings twirling up above. Statuesque, he hadnโ€™t uttered a notion since the doors abruptly opened and the smallest flood of patrons swept within, not a second thought offered.

A voice spurred him from his thoughts, but with the loud music and distortion of lights and colors, he could barely hear her. He waved a hand, a motion for her to follow him as he slithered along to the heart of the building, where the wooden bar divides the patrons from the wait staff. โ€Ah, welcome, welcome, Iโ€™m Henry Burke, and yes, this is actually the first night Iโ€™ve been able to open the doors to Dโ€™Lux Gold.

โ€œโ€”Well, I have a few bartending and dancing positions open. Youโ€™re more than welcome to fill one of these out,โ€
He explained as his hand rose for a silent gesture, not a word spoken, but a smiling bartender slipped a roll of parchment in his hands before he idly handed it to Adette, taking this precise moment to linger a curious eye to the raven perched dutifully on her shoulder. โ€So, indulge me, have you lived here long? Itโ€™s been a long few years since Iโ€™ve last been in London, or Diagon or Knockturn Alleyโ€”how much has changed?โ€ He wondered, keen chocolate eyes trained on hers.

โ˜ฝSingle
---โ˜…Pureblood
------ โ˜พ D'Lux
----------โ˜† with Adette

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:53 pm
User Image
I don't wanna live
I don't wanna breathe
You take the pain I feel

Adette Carlson

Adette followed him to the bar, sitting down at one of the stools. As he spoke, she was silent, intent on listening. He handed her an application, which she took, as well as an old fountain pen from the inside pocket of her cloak. "A pleasure to meet you, Mister Burke." she said as she filled out the application.

Name: Adette Carlson
Position Desired: Bartender (Dancing isn't really my thing, but if one is needed, I could do that as well.)
Skills: Very skilled in the kitchen (cooking, drink mixing, etc.), Occasionally singing... Not much more than that.
Injuries and/or illness: N/A

Once the application was completed, she handed it back to him. "Well, I don't live here, exactly. My house is in Cokeworth. I've lived there for nine years. Ever since my daughter was born. Oh, yes. I have two children. My boy, Chance, is ten, just about eleven, and my girl, Cecille, is nine, about to turn ten. All in all, I don't know much about this area. I actually found this place because I got lost..." she explained, feeling as if she was rambling on and on. She didn't go into much detail about her past, and for good reasons.

{OOC:}

I don't wanna sleep
I don't wanna dream
The way you make me feel

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:00 am

Owner of

User Image

The nefariously charming man smiled, lips coated with honeyed sugar, sweet and inviting as he nodded his head in accordance to her tale, his lips spreading wider and wider as his smile grew and grew, Ruffling the mass of darkened curls on his head, fingers intertwining in thick locks, a forlorn glaze caught his eye. โ€-Ah, precious. I have a little one of my own, actually, just finished her first year at Hogwarts. She lives with her mother, thoughโ€ฆ.

โ€œIt was best that way.โ€
He explained after a moments pause and repercussion, but his smile never faltered as he took hold of her application and scanned the contents at hand. โ€Everything does seem to be in order Miss Carlson, how about you meet me here tomorrow night, Iโ€™ll have one of the girls show you the ropes and weโ€™ll put you out on the floor for a few hours to see how you can handle the pressureโ€”after that, weโ€™ll talk about the details. At best, youโ€™ll have yourself a new job, at worst, youโ€™ll walk home with at least a heavy velvet pouch of sickles and galleons.โ€ He concluded with a small chuckle.

[[[Sorry it took me so long! Iโ€™ve been having internet issues and itโ€™s so hard to post via mobile, Iโ€™ve only been doing quidditch game posts on my cell when I have too. Lol.]]]
โ˜ฝSingle
---โ˜…Pureblood
------ โ˜พ D'Lux
----------โ˜† With Miss Carlson

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:25 pm
User Image
I don't wanna live
I don't wanna breathe
You take the pain I feel

Adette Carlson

Adette was locked in place by this man's smile. Quite the charmer, wasn't he? Nonetheless, she had a chance for a job! Hopefully it would give her enough money to pay the bills and feed her children. Maybe even buy them both a new pair of shoes. Yes. Chance would enjoy that, and so would Cecille, even if she couldn't see them. "Oh, thank you, mister Burke! You won't be disappointed. I promise. And if your daughter is anything like you, I'm sure she's lovely. I'd love to meet her someday. Well, I have to get home before the kids burn the house down. See you tomorrow, sir." she said, shaking his hand firmly before rising from the bar. With a final nod, she raised her hood over her head and took her leave.
-Exit to Carlson House-

{OOC:}

I don't wanna sleep
I don't wanna dream
The way you make me feel

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:29 pm

Owner of

User Image
Damned health inspector, Henry cursed as he finally filed away the last set of signed documentation stating proper regulations for his establishment, and with that taken care of, he could finally open officially. He should have been open since last summer, but, there were certain discrepancies that came to lightโ€”it was almost like someone was sabotaging him, but, he couldnโ€™t guess who.

Idly, he wondered if the young Adette Carlson had found another job, or, would still be interested in tending his bar. Thick digits massaged tense muscles of his neck and shoulder as he reached the large iron front door and heaved it aside with one swoop of his hand. The music from the dance floor pounded into his ears all at once like a calling card, but he knew it wouldnโ€™t reach the streets. It was magically enchanted to keep the rest of the block from tearing him down for lack of sleep. But the dancing lights and flood of customers gushed in as they did every night. Dusk had already fallen and the night was young, Henry waved the patrons along inside as the floor began to crowd and he swiftly apparated behind his bar seizing glasses and liquor as he poured drink after drink.

โ˜ฝSingle
---โ˜…Pureblood
------ โ˜พ D'Lux
----------โ˜† Behind the bar

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:29 am
Slip out the back before they know you were there
and at the worst you'll see nobody cares,
you don't want to be around when it all goes down...

๐•บcclumens ๐–‚illiam ๐•ฏante ๐•นott the Third
๐•ณeir of ๐•ฏuke of ๐–‚ales, ๐•พlytherin ๐•ฌlumni

User Image

โ€Burke-!โ€ Williamโ€™s voice cut through the music with a shrill slash of metallic poison. His eyes of gold roved over the sea of patrons, bodies glowing under the strobe light, spinning and twirling all in unison. The heat was so much thicker in here compared to the cool early morning breeze; honestly, he was surprised the club was still open. But to them, he was sure; they only considered it late after hours. The early morning sun couldnโ€™t be seen through the black windows of the establishment as he swam through the crowd and found his target, Henry.

โ€William,โ€ the older man began, a bit startled, his wild auburn mane shook with a lions roar as he growled. โ€I thought I told you not to see me here.โ€

โ€You changed the deal the moment you decided that she was more important than this,โ€ William shook his head. โ€And I thought you a man of loyalty.โ€ William mocked him, because they both knew the lie behind that.

โ€What do you want, William,โ€ Henry growled through clenched teeth, already toying with the idea of reaching for his wand.

โ€Go for that wand, Burke, and youโ€™ll ensure her deathโ€ฆ. I only wanted to help you, now, let me help you.โ€ He stressed, a small poisonous and vindictive smirk creeping on to his lips.

โ€What do you want?โ€ Henry grimaced.

โ€Oh, itโ€™s a simple favor reallyโ€ฆ All I ask is that you keep this mirror hung in the walls of your VIP room, nothing more, nothing less.โ€ William, though it almost pained him, offered a waning smile.

โ€Just a mirror?โ€

โ€Just a mirror.โ€

โ€Fine, but donโ€™t come back here.โ€

โ€We both know that wonโ€™t happen.โ€ William had all but grinned as he waved his hand before him, conjuring a mirror from the Victorian Era, fashioned with gold and silver, to appear behind the bar where Henry stood, before decidedly turning on his heel and striding out into Knockturn Alley.

[[Exit]]
โ•”โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•—
Height: 6โ€™2โ€ โ™œ Weight: 192 โ™œ Age: 17
Dโ€™Lux Gold
โ•šโ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•

..even heroes know when to be scared.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:59 pm
User Image

Kalina Aleksandra Dimitrova
"Lena Demetrio"
Twenty, Halfblood
Durmstrang Graduate

Kalina threw the door open and strode gracefully into the bar. Her long, black lashes fluttered over brown irises as she carefully examined the club. Finding it to her liking, she smirked and made her way to the bar. She felt the music pounding in her ears and she found herself moving in time with the beat. Being careful with her six-inch heels, she sat down at one of the chairs and waited for the bartender to notice her. Sweeping her brown curls back, she analyzed the other people near her. She was generally adept at guessing their problems in life, and found it amusing to think about things that were none of her business.

Out of Character~ ...

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Kai Sparrowheart

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:22 pm
User Image

I'm not afraid
To take a stand
Everybody
Come take my hand
We'll walk this road together, through the storm
Whatever weather, cold or warm
Just letting you know that, you're not alone
Holla if you feel like you've been down the same road

Peter Jameson
Former Gryffindor
Witch Watcher
โ†ฉโ†š - โ†›โ†ช

Peter walked into the club. He'd heard about it opening a while back, and considering it still wasn't closed down, meant it was a good sign. He made his way over to the bar looking at the choices. Hmm, a nice firewhiskey sounded good right about now. He grinned and tapped his fingers to the music, mouthing the words to the song playing. He'd at one time considered becoming a performer of some kind, but he'd decided against it when he realized that no one would probably listen to his music. His eyes roved around the room, taking in it's occupants before his eyes alighted on a woman sitting at the bar as well. He gave a bit of a grin at the woman. "Hey, haven't seen you around before. What's your name, and what's your drink?" He figured the question would at least break the ice.

-------------------------------------
State: Relaxing
OOC: ...
-------------------------------------

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:10 am
User Image

Kalina Aleksandra Dimitrova
"Lena Demetrio"
Twenty, Halfblood
Durmstrang Graduate

Kalina had been trying to decide between staying or leaving to go dance when she heard a voice. Her face spread into a catlike smile, and she turned. A handsome, older man was near and trying to talk to her. Cute.
"My name is Lena. 'My drink' is usually Gin and cobra blood, but I'll settle for Vodka," she said lightly. Kalina was used to giving false names, but Lena was a favorite. It sounded almost like a nickname for her real one. Her brown eyes had a light spark in them when she smiled.
"And you are?"

Out of Character~ ...

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Kai Sparrowheart

Knockturn Alley

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items