Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Knockturn Alley
D'Lux Gold, NPC Owned, Available Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:35 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
                                            I was supposed to do great things, I know the road was long-
                                            But I wasn't raised to shoot for fame, I had the safety on
                                            I cut my ties, I sold my rings- I wanted none of this
                                            If you start from scratch, you have to sing just for the fun of it!
                                            I’d be alright, if I could just see you (Come up for air, come up for air!)
                                            A miracle mile, where does it lead to? (Come up for air, come up for air!)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Aυѕтмαя Ƙяιѕтвנσяη Ɛι∂є x
                                            Durmstrang AlumnusHalfbloodDragon Keeper Multilinguistxxxxx

「 Early Spring 2036 」
                                            ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Austmar could say that he expected someone to say along the lines of "I can't imagine sex not being a big deal", which made him sigh a bit. Honestly, part of the flirting was for the fun because he already knew that he could be charming, but on the other hand it was because he was a bit of a romantic type. You know, the sappy types, and Austmar liked sappy love stories except he never said that aloud to anyone. "I know right? It's weird, some girls are a bit down after telling them that I don't want to hook up or something. But I don't take it personally these days." Hell, sometimes Rubin would shake his head and telling Aus to be careful of who he was hooking up with, because Rubin was a divorcee and all.

He could feel the triumph when he was able to pull a nice flirt on Gypsy, especially when she said that it was 'adorable'. See? Told her that Austmar has the charm if he wanted to, like she doubted him. He just shrugged, not knowing the reason why he's still single, probably because he wasn't trying enough... That and the not--into-sex thing. Whatever, he'll live. He blinked when she suddenly stopped what she was supposed to say and followed her eyes, looking at a girl that was too tiny in his standards. Austmar was going to ask what was up until she told him to check her out. Well, she does- " Unfortunately, before he had the chance to contribute his say, his metamorphagus of a friend grabbed his arm (again) and basically dragged him to the girl, then she ditched him to probably laugh at his a** with her husband. Rude. "Gypsy, you traitor." He muttered under his breath before turning his attention back to the tiny lady. Answering her question, he said dryly, "My friend played the game 'Have you meet Aus?' a bit poorly and she's right there to laugh at my a** while flirting her husband. Friendship goals." This was so uncalled for for, because usually to flirt properly he needed to prepare himself- except right now, he's not. Instead he have this awkward smile as he was scratching the back of his head. The lady was oddly... she's oddly beautiful, even if she's as small as a sprout."But anyway... like my friend told you, I'm Austmar. Or Aus, feel free to call me that. And you are...?"

« with [Gypsy] at [the bar] »
                                            « [single] »

PROFILEOUTFITSIGNATURE TUNE

xxxxx « Out.Of.Character » xxxxx
                                            ooc

I feel the air upon my face; forget the mess I'm in!
                                            Hold me again, don't count mistakes- I lost track of them
                                            I was in the mud, I was in the dirt-
                                            Went underground and I found what I was worth!
                                            All alone and I know I can't stay-
                                            But we're walking up and down the streets to stay awake

Cara Miakitty

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:41 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxThe Bar
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxAustmar
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx» ғeelιng «xx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxConfused
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ℓιкє тнє ℓєgєи∂ σf тнє ρнσєиιχ αℓℓ єи∂ѕ ωιтн вєgιииιиgѕxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ωнαт кєєρѕ тнє ρℓαиєт ѕριииιиg - тнє fσя¢є σf ℓσνє вєgιииιиgxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ωє'νє ¢σмє тσσ fαя тσ gινє υρ ωнσ ωє αяєxxxxxx
                                                          ѕσ ℓєт'ѕ яαιѕє тнє вαя αи∂ συя ¢υρѕ тσ тнє ѕтαяѕxxx

════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceCici wasn't entirely sure what'd just happened. She'd been minding her own business, trying to work out how best to go about approaching the bartender, when very suddenly there was a very loud colorful woman in front of her, very obnoxiously inserting herself into Cici's personal space and then vanishing, leaving behind her... friend? Cici had thought the two looked flirtatious from a distance (not that she'd been watching), but apparently not? She fought to keep from frowning, not wanting to cause any commotion. The man's explanation wasn't particularly enlightening, but then, she supposed that was par for the course. People were always confusing. "Have you met Aus?" she repeated, tone questioning, because she had never heard of such a game in her life. Her confusion only grew when he introduced himself, and shortened the name the woman had given her to Aus. It was a game about if people had met him? What on Earth?

spaceWait, had he just said she'd gone off to flirt with her husband? But, she'd mentioned a bartender, and flitted off to- Oh! She was married to him?! Well, there went Cici's plan of laying on the charm (not that she was very suave, but apparently being female and tiny and cute worked for her). Even if the guy was a jerk who'd be receptive to that, she didn't flirt with married men, at least not on purpose.

space... But, if Aus was friends with the woman (Gypsy, hadn't she said?), perhaps that could be an 'in' of sorts? If she made a decent impression on the man, anyway. She realized he'd asked for her name, and blushed, flustered at her lack of focus. She didn't really respond well to being caught off-guard like that, not when she was fixated on something.
                                                          "Oh, uh, I'm Cecilia," she replied. "But, most people call me Cici." That wasn't quite true; most people she liked called her Bubbles. But, that was a special name, one that had to be earned. She normally didn't even give Cici to strangers, but she was trying to network here.

spaceShe tapped her fingers across the bar top for a moment before adjusting her position to rest her chin on her fist, smiling at Aus. After a pause, she asked,
                                                          "So, what exactly is the goal of this game you two are playing?" Was it a weird sex thing? Were they swingers? She'd seen stranger things. Or, she supposed Gypsy might've just been trying to set her friend up, but that was horribly vanilla in comparison. Plus, the way the pink-haired woman had been acting with him, their relationship didn't look totally platonic. Though... looking across the bar at the woman and her husband, and comparing the interactions, maybe she was wrong about that. Because the two of them might as well just strip down and shag, the way they were looking at each other... Again, Cici had seen stranger things.

╚════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxxѕнє'ѕ υρ αℓℓ иιgнт 'тιℓ тнє ѕυи, ι'м υρ αℓℓ иιgнт тσ gєт ѕσмє
                                                          xxxxxxѕнє'ѕ υρ αℓℓ иιgнт fσя gσσ∂ fυи, ι'м υρ αℓℓ иιgнт тσ gєт ℓυ¢ку
                                                          xxxxxxxxxωє'яє υρ αℓℓ иιgнт 'тιℓ тнє ѕυи, ωє'яє υρ αℓℓ иιgнт тσ gєт ѕσмє
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxxωє'яє υρ αℓℓ иιgнт fσя gσσ∂ fυи, ωє'яє υρ αℓℓ иιgнт тσ gєт ℓυ¢ку

»» ««
                                                          xxoυт oғ cнaracтerxx
                                                          - - -

Jade Galaksylph

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:04 am
                                            I was supposed to do great things, I know the road was long-
                                            But I wasn't raised to shoot for fame, I had the safety on
                                            I cut my ties, I sold my rings- I wanted none of this
                                            If you start from scratch, you have to sing just for the fun of it!
                                            I’d be alright, if I could just see you (Come up for air, come up for air!)
                                            A miracle mile, where does it lead to? (Come up for air, come up for air!)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Aυѕтмαя Ƙяιѕтвנσяη Ɛι∂є x
                                            Durmstrang AlumnusHalfbloodDragon Keeper Multilinguistxxxxx

「 Early Spring 2036 」

Austmar will probably have to slap himself once he got home when the lady asked about the so-called game 'Have you met Aus'. ********' Gypsy. Why were they friends, again? Flustered as seen with his usual pale skin being pinkish, he just hoped that the dim lights served him well. "Is not exactly 'Have you met Aus', per se. It's technically called 'Have you met Ted?' It's a, well, it's a muggle thing." One thing he didn't like was that he had to explain muggle stuff to people; for example, about how internet works and s**t like that. He did, however, decided to let it go after she introduced herself as Cecilia. Or Cici. "Cecilia? That's a nice name. Do you know what your name means or something?" He asked, being a bit curious, "Just curious, is all."

He sent a glare to Gypsy who was hanging out in the bar before answering his question to the tiny lady, "It's basically... well, it's basically a way to set me up or something. I thought we're here to hang out, I guess she has a scheme all along. But whatever, she likes messing around." He confessed in embarrassment, as if Austmar was wasting his entire opportunity. Gypsy seemed to not notice that he's only charismatic when he's prepared- and that never involved shoving him to a lady.

No time for dwelling, he thought after some seconds. Austmar tapped his fingers quietly, contemplating about what to ask or what to do. "So, what's up? How are you?" He asked, believing that even the most mundane question can make interesting conversations. Besides, he preferred asking people about how they were, for some reason. "Also, do you want a drink or something? I can buy you one if you want to."

« with [Gypsy] at [the bar] »
                                            « [single] »

PROFILEOUTFITSIGNATURE TUNE

xxxxx « Out.Of.Character » xxxxx
                                            ooc

I feel the air upon my face; forget the mess I'm in!
                                            Hold me again, don't count mistakes- I lost track of them
                                            I was in the mud, I was in the dirt-
                                            Went underground and I found what I was worth!
                                            All alone and I know I can't stay-
                                            But we're walking up and down the streets to stay awake

Cara Miakitty

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:42 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxThe Bar
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxAustmar
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx» ғeelιng «xx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxConfused
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ℓιкє тнє ℓєgєи∂ σf тнє ρнσєиιχ αℓℓ єи∂ѕ ωιтн вєgιииιиgѕxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ωнαт кєєρѕ тнє ρℓαиєт ѕριииιиg - тнє fσя¢є σf ℓσνє вєgιииιиgxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ωє'νє ¢σмє тσσ fαя тσ gινє υρ ωнσ ωє αяєxxxxxx
                                                          ѕσ ℓєт'ѕ яαιѕє тнє вαя αи∂ συя ¢υρѕ тσ тнє ѕтαяѕxxx

════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceCici was about to ask who exactly Ted was when Aus explained that the 'game' was a muggle thing, which explained her confusion. Humans in general were confusing, even if she'd lived among them for more of her life than not, but muggles were even moreso. She also wasn't entirely sure she liked them very much; wizards destroyed nature, sure, but not on the same scale, and they had a much more symbiotic relationship with it. She didn't tend to spend much time around muggles as a result. More often than not, they made her uncomfortable.

spaceHis explanation, that it was to set him up, made her giggle slightly.
                                                          "Your friend is a terrible matchmaker," she told him. "Shouldn't she put a little more effort into it before abandoning you? Or is that part of it?" Didn't matchmakers usually try to set their friend up with people they already knew? Or at least stick around to play wingman? This Gypsy woman really was horrible at it. Or she was a sadist who liked watching her friend squirm, which was horrible. "You need better friends," the nymph informed him, shooting another look at the woman, and immediately regretting it. She was apparently trying to seduce her husband, who, from what Cici could tell, was into it but pretending to put up a fight. Or maybe he was really putting up a fight, but not a very good one? Hard to tell.

spaceThe question as to how she was doing made her pause, if only because the way he'd asked seemed more like how you asked a person you knew, not a complete stranger. This Austmar was an odd person, she thought. Then again, he was friends with Gypsy, who looked like an odd person, so perhaps it made sense.
                                                          "I'm fine," she replied with a small smile. "Uh, just hanging out, I suppose." Would it benefit her to be honest, or did she need to keep her intentions to herself? When he asked if she wanted a drink, she had to fight not to wince; her cover might be blown if she totally refused... Well, the bartender was busy with his wife, anyway. She supposed drinking wouldn't hurt. Besides, she'd been sitting here long enough, someone was bound to notice she was acting odd if she didn't. So, she shrugged. "You don't have to buy if you don't want to," she said, giggling again. "I get the feeling you're not so into the whole 'setting you up' thing, so the supposedly mandatory drink-buying isn't required."

spaceAugh, even with that evasion, she'd still need to order one now. What did she even want? Cici wasn't much of a drinker. For one, her alcohol tolerance amounted to essentially 'none', and she disliked most drinks. She liked really fruity drinks. Sweet ones. What did this place serve, exactly? Hopefully she'd find something that she could stomach... Or she could just order a shot, but then, people didn't tend to order shots when they were drinking alone. Unless they were super depressed about being alone, and that would look super fishy. Aus was with her now, but he hadn't come with her, so the point still stood. Dammit.

╚════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxxѕнє'ѕ υρ αℓℓ иιgнт 'тιℓ тнє ѕυи, ι'м υρ αℓℓ иιgнт тσ gєт ѕσмє
                                                          xxxxxxѕнє'ѕ υρ αℓℓ иιgнт fσя gσσ∂ fυи, ι'м υρ αℓℓ иιgнт тσ gєт ℓυ¢ку
                                                          xxxxxxxxxωє'яє υρ αℓℓ иιgнт 'тιℓ тнє ѕυи, ωє'яє υρ αℓℓ иιgнт тσ gєт ѕσмє
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxxωє'яє υρ αℓℓ иιgнт fσя gσσ∂ fυи, ωє'яє υρ αℓℓ иιgнт тσ gєт ℓυ¢ку

»» ««
                                                          xxoυт oғ cнaracтerxx
                                                          - - -

Jade Galaksylph

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:50 am
You can't hold me; I'm too slippery
I do no sleeping, I get lonely
You can touch me, if you want to
I got poison; I just might bite you
Lie in circles on the sunlight
Shine like diamonds on a dark night

ƊORA
OƇƬAƲǀA
ROSALƐS

SCOTLAND TEAM BEATER │ BEAUXBATONS ALUMNI │ TWENTY

Dora wasn't brooding. She was just slowly- scratch that, quickly- drinking the pain away. The pain being the fact that her idiot parents had betrothed her idiot younger sister to some cabrón who was about twenty five and probably already had several bastardos. Not that she had anything against illegitimate children, not really but- Mercedes was young, and stupid, and too- what did they say here? Pigshit? Nah. Chickenshit, that was it. Mercedes was seventeen, not some little girl anymore. She didn't have to listen to their parents. But she was going to, because of la familia and their 'expectations'. Her and her bloody morals, as the Scots would say.

Granted, the whole thing was sort of Dora's fault for skipping town, but she'd been the only one with the sense to get the hell out! Like she wanted to rot away as some housewife when she could be beating the s**t out of people and getting paid for it. Anyways, she was on her third shot and barely feeling it, and blamed her own alcohol tolerance for that. She'd sort of told Ashley she'd be here tonight, but who knew if he'd show. They weren't exactly a 'thing'. Regardless, he was off-limits for anything other than meaningless flirting, because the last thing she needed was to get caught up with some Yaxley.

Mamá y papá would go into hysterics, thinking she'd been playing some long game to get with a British pureblood, rather than a Spanish one, instead. She could hear her mother now; 'Dora, cariña, if you had just told us you liked chicos ingleses-,'. No, no, no. Off-limits. She was strictly sleeping with muggleborns or whatever they called them here and the occasional charming halfblood. Disgracing the family name. Giving away her precious womanly gift to the undeserving. Or something. She heaped on the Spanish accent when coaxing another round out of the bartender, and then pouted as she surveyed throng after throng of undeserving males and slightly more deserving females, although she admitted she usually went for men. Preferably dark-haired. Ugh.

OOC:
Diamond Wales

Ain't no mercy in my smilin'
Only fangs and sweet beguiling
Future, he don't try to find me
Skin I been through dies behind me
Solid hollow wrapped in hatred
Not a drop of venom wasted

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:55 pm
User Image
                                                  Living risky, never scared, wander
                                                  Closer to the edge
                                                  Nothing valued think no fear,
                                                  Always wondering why you’re here

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════
                                                  𝔓𝔞𝔯𝔰𝔢𝔩𝔪𝔬𝔲𝔱𝔥 ℌ𝔢𝔞𝔩𝔢𝔯 || 𝔓𝔲𝔯𝔢𝔟𝔩𝔬𝔬𝔡 || 𝔖𝔩𝔶𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔯𝔦𝔫 𝔄𝔩𝔲𝔪𝔫𝔦
                                                  ════════════════════════

Ashley stepped through the door, looking around. He'd never been in the club, and the noise and lights were certain to give Ashley a headache by the end of the night. He'd left Ptolemy at home for this very reason, after all. Besides, the snake would have complained about everything and anything while he was trying to enjoy himself. Needless to say, he was sort of glad that he'd left Ptolemy home, if for no other reason than he wanted to actually try to unwind. His sister's wedding and the resulting fallout from his cousin revealing Micah's sorting was a complete mess, and Ashley had discarded anything that his parents had sent him regarding that. He wouldn't have been surprised to find that his parents had decided to try and get him into an arranged marriage after it was all said and done. He'd officially grown tired of his parents trying to rule his life, after all.

Spotting Dora at the bar, he cocked an eyebrow and approached, noting that she seemed to be well into a few drinks and surveying the club. Approaching the bar, he gestured for the bartender and settled himself near where Dora was seated. He had to admit, the idea of drinking his troubles was enticing, but he would rather have kept his wits about him. He turned to regard the Spaniard carefully, eyebrow still quirked as he studied her.
                                                  "I see you've gotten started already. Bad day, or just trying to have a good time?" If nothing else, he was pretty sure that he knew how to treat alcohol poisoning if it came to it. That, and he could keep an eye out for creeps. Not that he doubted Dora's ability to defend himself, but he could recall some real pieces of work back at school that would take advantage of girls who were incapacitated.

════════════════════════

Thinking: I wonder what I actually want to drink, anyway...
                                                  OOC:

- ◬ -

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

All your purposes are gone, nothing’s
                                                  Right and nothing’s wrong
                                                  Nothing ventured, nothing gained
                                                  Feel no sorrow, feel no pain

The Forgotten Weasley

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:28 pm

ƊORA
OƇƬAƲǀA
ROSALƐS

Dora had to admit he had a good face game going on. Absolutely unreadable. She couldn't tell if he was exasperated, amused, or just curious. These Brits and their 'stiff upper lip'. She was still adjusting to the cultural... coldness. And so sarcastic! They had a bloody smug little quip for everything. She didn't bother containing her scrutiny of his outfit- which, while it certainly suited him, and she wasn't going to pretend otherwise, was not exactly the norm in a club full of half naked women and men in very, very tight trousers.

"Did you just come from a wedding?" the Spaniard asked, downing another shot and propping her chin up on her fist. "And you didn't bring Ptolemy! Just as well, this place is deafening." Then she finally got around to answering his question. "My day was perfectly nice. I spent last night arguing through the wall with the very loving couple next door to maybe love each other a little quieter, or at least play some music," Dora drawled. "And then I got word that mi hermanita's betrothal has been announced. The happy couple. She still wears a school uniform and he's rolling in money. Can't wait to see the wedding pictures- don't think they'll want his first bride to be ruining the festivities."

She exhaled through her nostrils. "But, still trying to have a good time. Or whatever you people consider a good time. With your weak liquor." The bartender looked somewhat miffed. "Please tell me you're going to drink," Dora muttered. "Because you look like you're about to take my pulse. I'm fine! Mostly. I'll let you know if the room starts to spin." She had no intentions of getting absolutely black-out; she just wanted things to blur a bit. Or a lot. Preferably so she could stumble her way out of here and apparate home at some point, without having to threaten to punch some leering gilipollas in the throat if he came one step closer.

OOC:
Diamond Wales

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:34 am
User Image
                                                  Closer to the edge

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════
                                                  ════════════════════════

Ashley shook his head, a small smirk playing across his features as he responded to Dora. "I don't plan on 'checking your pulse' unless you end up passed out over the bar. That would be the extent of it. And no, I didn't just come from a wedding either. I do plan on drinking though." To prove it, he ordered a beer and picked it up after it was delivered. "I will hold you to telling me if the room starts to spin though. I'd be a pretty poor Healer if I let someone develop alcohol poisoning in my presence."

Offering a toast to the Spainard, Ashley took a drink and cocked an eyebrow at Dora, considering her statements about her parents and her sister's impending arranged marriage. He was actually glad that Micah had managed to avoid being drawn into something of the sort, but he doubted that she would have remained unattached had his parents had their way and she wished to be single. "That is the one thing about traditional parents. They expect their children to follow them lock-step, but Merlin forbid they have differing opinions about their children's futures." He paused, considering the other half of her complaint about her day. "Though, I might be tempted to let you borrow Ptolemy for a bit of convincing your neighbors to keep it down." He took a drink of the beer again, then leaned up against the bar to look at Dora better. "I would like to know what drinks you've been having that you consider British liquor weak. I'll have you know we take our gin quite seriously."

════════════════════════

OOC:

- ◬ -

The Forgotten Weasley

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:46 am

ƊORA
OƇƬAƲǀA
ROSALƐS

"I haven't passed out drinking since I was sixteen," Dora shot back, completely unabashed. Look, at least she knew her limits at this point. Mercedes still always managed to end up vomiting whenever they'd stolen some of their parents's orujo and went to town. Thinking about her sister irritated her, however, so she put the little idiot out of her head. "A beer, huh? You seemed like more of a wine connoisseur," she snorted, and then rolled her eyes. "I'm already poisoning myself, just in small doses. This is a controlled study of how quickly I can get... whatever they call it, buzzed? Tipsy?"

She laughed and clinked her glass against his with a groan. "They're just... hipócritas, both of them. They didn't want to marry each other, did it anyways because they were too cowardly to go against their parents, and spent the next two decades or so trying for a son. And none of that ever seemed, I don't know, demente? Mad. I thought Mercedes wouldn't cave to them, but she's always been a bit... dutiful. More than I ever could be." Dora had never felt terribly suited to being the oldest, aside from being an overprotective grump constantly questioning the sanity of her parents, and sometimes, her younger sisters.

"Ooh, what are his rates for surprising people in bed?" She somehow found that far more hilarious than it was supposed to be, likely due to the shots. When Dora had recovered some she looked at him as if he were an idiot for the 'gin' comment, and barked a laugh. "You know... aguardiente! Firewater. Harder than your 'gin' could ever be. And your wine is like cat piss, and your 'cider' is too bitter. Don't get me started on the coffee they serve at those little tea shops, either." Her rant concluded, she started to appreciate the pleasant warm feeling in her gut and the general sense that everything was much better after five shots of tequila.

OOC:
Diamond Wales

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:23 pm
User Image
                                                  Closer to the edge

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════
                                                  ════════════════════════

Ashley cocked an eyebrow at Dora's statement that she hadn't passed out from drinking since she was sixteen. Considering he didn't know her until last year, he doubted he could call her on her bluff, but he wouldn't be surprised if she was telling the truth. Her comment about his choice of beverage made him roll his eyes. "That would be the usual assumption. I've had friends that were confused by it as well. They didn't seem to understand that pureblood aristocrat didn't mean wine-drinker." He took a sip as he listened to her ask about what term she should be calling getting tipsy. "Tipsy is a good one. I've heard pissed too, but you have to drink a lot more than what you have to even reach that state. Good luck with the study, and remember to drink plenty of water unless you want the hangover afterward."

Ashley cocked an eyerbrow at Dora's description of her parents. It sounded similar to his own, though his parents were more inclined to ignore each other with polite disinterest. "I believe my own parents were in the same boat, though they didn't hate each other, I think. More like, they had a duty to uphold to produce an heir and a spare. I don't think they've really considered love to even be a factor. Nevertheless, they expected me to follow the same path they did. I guess putting other people's lives before their ideologies irked them." Violet eyes scanned the beer in front of him, and he took a moment to remind himself that no, he was no longer their perfect child. More their disappointment.

A chuckle escaped his lips as Dora went on to ask about how much Ptolemy would charge for scaring her neighbors, and the man ended up shaking his head.
                                                  "Ptolemy holds some contempt for the concept of money. He thinks it's utterly ridiculous and that if anyone were to pay him, it should be in rodents. I've yet to dissuade him from fighting his meals. According to him, the struggle makes them taste better." His bemusement remained as Dora complained about the various alcohols of the UK. "As I have never tried this... aguardiente, I wouldn't know how hard it is compared to gin. Wines however are not grown in England. Climate's too cold for them. The cider, well, it depends on the quality. I will agree with the coffee. Why anyone prefers that to tea is beyond me."

════════════════════════

OOC:

- ◬ -

The Forgotten Weasley

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:16 am

ƊORA
OƇƬAƲǀA
ROSALƐS

Dora just laughed all the more. "You're the one who said aristocrat, not me," she teased. "And I know my stuff! I've been around," she rolled her own eyes. "It wouldn't be my first hangover or my last. If I had practice tomorrow, that would be a different story." She wasn't stupid enough to show up clearly hung-over to a practice. James and Cydney would have her head. And even if she sometimes thought they were old idiots who needed to move on and let the younger generation have their time in the sun (they had kids, por el amor de Dios!) she still respected them enough to not waste their time.

"Well," she snorted, "They don't hate each other anymore. Can't keep their hands off each other now, and eight hijas to show for it. Still no heir. It'll all go to mi tío Oscar's hijo anyways. Poor thing. He's a bit timid." Dora hadn't been expecting much in way of inheritance even before she'd sort of, technically, run away. Even if she was an adult and you couldn't 'run away' as an adult. "They've got to play nice with you, though, unless there's another male they can toss it to," she pointed out. As far as she knew, Ashley only had a sister, no brothers. Still, she wondered what their names would be. Courtney and Beverly? It was enough to make her crack an amused grin.

"I can do rodents. And of course it's too cold, it's like some frozen hellish wasteland here," she complained. "All gnarled little trees and shrubs and grey skies. And I would prefer the coffee to the tea, if it were español," she muttered, folding her arms over the bar and resting her chin on them, before glancing up at him and his ridiculous porcelain face and purple eyes. "At least the men make up for it. Somewhat." She wasn't going to pretend they were up to Mediterranean standards but still, the pickings could have been worse.

OOC:
Diamond Wales

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:38 pm
User Image
                                                  It's all the same, only the names will change
                                                  Every day it seems we're wasting away
                                                  Another place where the faces are so cold
                                                  I'd drive all night just to get back home

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════

Mцsїcїaи aиd ₴їиgёґ || Halfвlооd || Hцfflёpцff Alцмиї

════════════════════════

Chance grinned and waved toward the crowd before leaving the stage area. He was actually pretty happy that his band seemed to be hitting it off, and considering that he was changing from a solo career to one would normally seem counter-intuitive except they had obviously never met Chance when he was a kid. He'd been wanting to play in his own band since he started singing, and with the fact that his band seemed to be gaining traction, he wasn't about to complain. Especially since he could do the music he wanted to play, not just what the record company told him to play. He at least had enough clout to be able to pull it off.

He quickly put his guitar back in her case, glad that he didn't have to worry about keeping an eye on her while he relaxed. He knew that Chrys was in the crowd, as was Byuch too (Byuch had insisted on it as he said he could hex whoever tried anything on the band while they played) and he was glad that his nerves had settled long before the last song had begun. Playing and singing in front of a club was one thing, singing in front of a crowd was another, but playing and singing to a bunch of customers who were likely getting well into their drinks was something completely different.

He hadn't gotten but five steps from his equipment before he suddenly found himself accosted by some girl who looked to be his age. He didn't recognize her, but then again, he didn't claim to know everyone in the wizarding world. "Oh my goodness! Chance Whitethorne! Can I have your autograph?" She bounced in place, and Chance could swear that she had eaten an entire case of Chocolate Frogs.

He scratched the back of his head, looking slightly amused.
                                                  "Um, yeah, sure. What do you want me to sign and to who?"

"Oh my gosh, you mean you personalize them?" The girl's pitch seemed to go up a few octaves, making Chance internally wince. "Make it out to Kristin and sign the back of my shirt." The girl promptly handed him a pen and turned around to flip her hair over her shoulder, causing Chance to blink.

"Okay Kristin." He signed his name with a flourish, adding a note to it before he handed her back her pen.

Kristin smiled and took it back, all smiles and peppiness that Chance swore meant the girl was a Hufflepuff or an overeager Gryffindor. She then inclined her head toward the stage and equipment, batting her eyelashes a bit. "So, you ever consider including a female singer?"

Chance coughed, feeling slightly awkward with how forward the girl was being.
                                                  "Um no, not really. Just trying to figure out our sound first before we really get into recruiting new band members, to be honest."

"Well, if you can't figure one in, maybe we can do a duet together? Kristin batted her eyes again, and Chance found himself searching for Byuch. He spotted his best friend apparently giving another girl a rather lethal glare and telling her off, which meant that Chance was on his own. This was going to suck.

════════════════════════
                                                  Thinking: Someone needs to save me quick!
                                                  OOC:

-◬-

Sometimes I sleep, sometimes it's not for days
                                                  And the people I meet always go their separate ways
                                                  Sometimes you tell the day
                                                  By the bottle that you drink
                                                  And times when you're alone all you do is think

Cara MiaKitty

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:04 pm
User ImageUser Image

═════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                      ρℓєαѕє ∂σи'т ¢яу σиє тєαя fσя мє
                                                      ι'м иσт αfяαι∂ σf ωнαт ι нανє тσ ѕαу
                                                      тнιѕ ιѕ му σиє αи∂ σиℓу νσι¢є
                                                      ѕσ ℓιѕтєи ¢ℓσѕє, ιт'ѕ σиℓу fσя тσ∂αу

spaceChrys wasn't sure she'd ever be particularly comfortable in situations like these. She was slowly coming around to the crowds, and the general lack of any form of moderation, but it was pretty much exactly the opposite of the environment she'd been raised in. Even Hogwarts hadn't prepared her. But, Chance was one of her closest friends, and she enjoyed watching him and his band play, so it was worth putting up with a little mild discomfort to come to his shows.

spaceThat did not, however, mean that she wasn't getting well-acquainted with the concept of liquid courage.

spaceUsually, one or two drinks loosened her up enough that she stopped flinching internally every time someone got too close or yelled too loudly too close to her ear. Tonight, she'd indulged slightly more than that, to the point that she was well passed buzzed and into tipsy, on her way to being full out drunk. Byuch was hovering about, so she wasn't exactly worried about her own personal safety (that of the strangers in the bar, on the other hand... well).

spaceSo, if she stumbled a little on her way towards the stage when Chance's band finished their set, well. Oops? And if she was feeling a little more, well, everything, than she usually did, and lacking in her typical reservedness, no one could exactly blame her. Except by blaming her for having so many drinks, that is. But it was a bar, after all.

spaceShe approached Chance with a smile that faltered ever so slightly at the sight of him talking to some girl. It wasn't unusual, he was picking up quite the little following of groupies, after all. But Chrys was drunker than she usually was when she witnessed such things, so it was bothering her more. Or more than she was usually willing to admit, anyway. It didn't help that she knew for a fact that it made him uncomfortable more than anything else. He was too nice to tell all the flirts to bugger off, and generally relied on Byuch to scare them. Byuch, however, was currently busy, apparently. Which... left it up to Chrys.

spaceShe straightened her spine as much as she was able in her state of inebriation, and joined the pair near the stage. On a whim, she approached from behind Chance, sliding her arms around his waist and burying her face between his shoulder blades.
                                                      "You guys were so good," she sighed, barely audible to her friend above all the noise. Then, she slid around so that she was able to see around him, and put on a fake-surprised look. "Oh! Hi! I'm Chrys," she said cheerfully, thankfully not drunk enough that she was slurring her words yet. She very deliberately didn't tell the girl who she was to Chance, figuring that the semi-intimate posture would result in blanks being filled in well enough. She wasn't normally so physically affectionate with her friends, but then again, she wasn't normally so drunk, either. Also, he was very warm... and kind of sweaty, but she found she didn't mind much.

тєℓℓ му мσтнєя, тєℓℓ му fαтнєя ι'νє ∂σиє тнє вєѕт ι ¢αи
                                                      тσ мαкє тнєм яєαℓιzє тнιѕ ιѕ му ℓιfє
                                                      ι нσρє тнєу υи∂єяѕтαи∂ - ι'м иσт αиgяу, ι'м נυѕт ѕαуιиg
                                                      ѕσмєтιмєѕ gσσ∂вує ιѕ α ѕє¢σи∂ ¢нαи¢є

wнere - Near the stage
                                                      wнen - Spring 2045 - Night
                                                      wιтн - Chance
                                                      - ooc -
                                                      blah blah blah

Diamond Wales

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:16 pm
User Image
                                                  It's all the same, only the names will change
                                                  Every day it seems we're wasting away
                                                  Another place where the faces are so cold
                                                  I'd drive all night just to get back home

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════

Mцsїcїaи aиd ₴їиgёґ || Halfвlооd || Hцfflёpцff Alцмиї

════════════════════════

Chance felt a warm presence at his back right when arms wrapped around his waist. His face blushed a bit more before he registered Chrys's whisper into his back. When she came around to look at the girl he was talking to, he sighed and rubbed his forehead as Kristin blinked and looked between the two. "Oh. You were already considering a female singer. Well, I hope she does well. You two look cute together, by the way!" With that, she waved and bounced away to a table with other giggling girls, making Chance glad that she hadn't decided to stick around.

Looking toward Chrys, he rose an eyebrow, hoping she wasn't as drunk as she might be and tilting his head toward the table she was previously at. Byuch, of course, had disappeared, which meant that he had likely headed off to do something hopefully not illegal.
                                                  "Um, thanks for the save back there. I think being the lead singer in a band has made some girls crazy and trying to follow me around everywhere. I mean, I get groupies, but..." He shrugged, not quite sure how to voice it without sounding like a complete moron

He took a seat at her table, gesturing for a drink.
                                                  "I'm glad you liked the show. We're still working out the kinks, so hopefully we'll be recording soon. Otherwise we might just end up being a garage band." He hoped not. He rather enjoyed actually being in a band rather than it being a pipe dream of his. Then again, so far the show seemed to have done well enough.

════════════════════════
                                                  Thinking: Someone needs to save me quick!
                                                  OOC:

-◬-

Sometimes I sleep, sometimes it's not for days
                                                  And the people I meet always go their separate ways
                                                  Sometimes you tell the day
                                                  By the bottle that you drink
                                                  And times when you're alone all you do is think

Cara MiaKitty

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:54 pm
User ImageUser Image

ρℓєαѕє ∂σи'т ¢яу σиє тєαя fσя мє
                                                      ι'м иσт αfяαι∂ σf ωнαт ι нανє тσ ѕαу
                                                      тнιѕ ιѕ му σиє αи∂ σиℓу νσι¢є
                                                      ѕσ ℓιѕтєи ¢ℓσѕє, ιт'ѕ σиℓу fσя тσ∂αу

spaceChrys was relieved, and admittedly a little surprised, when the girl accepted her presence at face value and left. Some girls tended to get... catty. And weirdly possessive, which was dumb since they didn't know him. So having someone shrug it off and walk away was pretty refreshing. Still, her eyes narrowed slightly as she stared at her retreating frame. "Female singer? Is that like, a eupha- a euphami-" Okay, so she wasn't slurring, but apparently big words were too much for her to handle right now. She huffed. "You know what I mean." She paused, eyes going wide and thoughtful in the way that only drunk people's eyes do, her head tilting slightly. "Hey, how come it's a euph- that word, and not an 'that word'? It is, isn't it? An sounds weird. But it should be an, because, because 'that word' starts with a vowel! What gives?" She frowned at him, batting on his shoulder a little as if to insist he give her the answer.

spaceIt registered that he'd thanked her for helping him out as he steered them back towards the table, and she nodded solemnly, face serious.
                                                      "Of course I helped. Because I'm your friend, and I know you hate that stuff." She nodded again. "Also, you just finished your set. That's officially Chrys-time. You promised." Chrys didn't mind sharing her friend, not with their other friends or with his band or even his fans. But his show tonight wasn't the only reason they were out, and she fully intended to get the most out of it. Byuch was honestly only invited because she'd not wanted to be completely alone in the bar while Chance played. She didn't much care if he stayed or not, but she wasn't really here to hang out with him.

spaceShe settled into the chair next to his, scooting it closer so that she could hear. Everything was fuzzy, and somewhat faded, through the alcohol's filter, so it was a struggle to really hear him, even without all the background noise. Of which there was a lot.
                                                      "I think you guys'll do great," she said sincerely. "I mean, I guess I'm biased. Like really biased. And also I only know anything about music because of you, so I'm actually double-biased since my entire musical taste is based on stuff you like. But! I think you guys sound amazing." She hoped that his bandmates didn't join them, though. They were nice enough, but... well. She got the feeling one of them had a thing for her, and it was awkward, to say the least. She just wanted to drink with her friend and celebrate his gig. And also her new job, which she still couldn't quite believe she actually had.

spaceShe eyed the server coming to get Chance's drink order, debating. She was already fairly drunk, and Chance was stone cold sober on account of having to play.
                                                      "Mm, you need to catch up," she said, giggling. "I'm all... all buzzy. It's nice." She didn't order a drink, just asking for water, because she knew that hydrating was important. She didn't want to wake up hating herself. Or vomit. She hated vomiting. So best to take a break and let Chance get a couple drinks in him. She'd get another one if she felt her buzz fading.

тєℓℓ му мσтнєя, тєℓℓ му fαтнєя ι'νє ∂σиє тнє вєѕт ι ¢αи
                                                      тσ мαкє тнєм яєαℓιzє тнιѕ ιѕ му ℓιfє
                                                      ι нσρє тнєу υи∂єяѕтαи∂ - ι'м иσт αиgяу, ι'м נυѕт ѕαуιиg
                                                      ѕσмєтιмєѕ gσσ∂вує ιѕ α ѕє¢σи∂ ¢нαи¢є

wнere - Near the stage
                                                      wнen - Spring 2045 - Night
                                                      wιтн - Chance
                                                      - ooc -
                                                      blah blah blah

Diamond Wales

Knockturn Alley

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items