Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Knockturn Alley
D'Lux Gold, NPC Owned, Available Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:31 pm
User Image
                                                  It's all the same, only the names will change
                                                  Every day it seems we're wasting away
                                                  Another place where the faces are so cold
                                                  I'd drive all night just to get back home

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════

Mцsїcїaи aиd ₴їиgёґ || Halfвlооd || Hцfflёpцff Alцмиї

════════════════════════

Chance shook his head in bemusement as they both settled at the table, Chance rubbing his neck at Chrys's question about whether female singer was code for something. Unless his definition was outdated, he didn't think so, though with fangirls, he wasn't too sure, especially since some seemed to be rabid enough to think that if they got into the band, that meant they had first dibs on him or something. "I don't think so, though by the way she left as soon as you showed up, it wouldn't surprise me if she was trying to suggest you were already trying to do that. Some of them are weird and think it's an in with me or something." Which, the last time someone dated him because of what he was and not who he was, well, that was Felicity and that train wreck. He wasn't inclined to see a repeat performance. "Also, I guess the reason people use an in front of euphemism is because it has a y-sound at the beginning? I dunno, best person to ask would be my uncle or grandfather. They know weird stuff like that."

He grinned as she stated that since they were done with their gig, Chance was supposed to spend time with her. Which fair, that had been the deal. She'd wanted to go to one of his shows for a while, though he was pretty sure that part of the reason she hadn't before was because it was too crowded during performances. Her compliment toward his band was nice though, and he leaned back in his chair slightly, relaxing a bit. "Some of the songs are still being worked on. I'm still not happy with how that third one was, but we're working on it. It just might be a bit more time before that one's released officially."

He accepted his drink from the server, taking a sip and enjoying the burn of whiskey as Chrys stated he needed to catch up and she was already ahead of him in drinking that evening. Raising an eyebrow, he considered her for a minute before shaking his head. "I should try and pace myself and what what I drink. But eh, it was a good night, I can't complain about how it turned out." With that he tossed back his drink, grimacing a bit as he felt the burn much more strongly. Honestly, he probably should watch how much he drank since his dad was a borderline alcoholic and his mum was practically one, but he was allowed to unwind for one night. It wasn't like something bad was going to happen because of it.

════════════════════════
                                                  Thinking: Someone needs to save me quick!
                                                  OOC:

-◬-

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Sometimes I sleep, sometimes it's not for days
                                                  And the people I meet always go their separate ways
                                                  Sometimes you tell the day
                                                  By the bottle that you drink
                                                  And times when you're alone all you do is think

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:46 am
User ImageUser Image

═════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                      ρℓєαѕє ∂σи'т ¢яу σиє тєαя fσя мє
                                                      ι'м иσт αfяαι∂ σf ωнαт ι нανє тσ ѕαу
                                                      тнιѕ ιѕ му σиє αи∂ σиℓу νσι¢є
                                                      ѕσ ℓιѕтєи ¢ℓσѕє, ιт'ѕ σиℓу fσя тσ∂αу

spaceChrys would be the first to admit that, as much as she enjoyed music, she generally speaking had no clue about... how it worked. She'd taken music in school, mostly to try and understand Chance's passion better, and quickly realized she didn't have much of an aptitude for it. So, at the best of times, his musician-speak went over her head. In terms of her mental state, these weren't exactly the best of times. She didn't know what was wrong with the third song (could she even remember which song had been the third one...?), so she simply nodded along with what he was saying. At least he wasn't breaking out a ton of technical terms she'd totally learned in class and immediately forgotten upon passing her exams.

space"It's just, it's practice," she said encouragingly. "Lots of it. Until it's good. Right? Or, uh, I dunno. Maybe it needs tweaking. Uh... what's wrong with it, exactly?" She scrunched up her face. Honestly, she probably shouldn't have asked, because that was just opening the door for him to musicianese. She was not nearly fluent enough in that language to have a conversation in it while drunk. But, maybe talking about it with her, someone who could not contribute, would be helpful. Sometimes all a person needed was a sounding board, and having people interject could actually prevent solutions from being found.

spaceWhen he said he should pace his drinking, she blew a rather loud, slightly too wet raspberry.
                                                      "Boring," she said, then giggled in delight when he downed the drink. "That's more like it! Oh! Get drunk enough to dance with me. I can't dance but I'm drunk enough not to care." Well, it wasn't quite true to say that she couldn't dance. The thing was, all the dances she knew were more... formal. Whenever she was faced with a situation like the current one, with music a little less classical, a little more rock, and no set dances to speak of, she tended to be... less than graceful. But hey, it wasn't like she was hitting people or anything awful like that.

тєℓℓ му мσтнєя, тєℓℓ му fαтнєя ι'νє ∂σиє тнє вєѕт ι ¢αи
                                                      тσ мαкє тнєм яєαℓιzє тнιѕ ιѕ му ℓιfє
                                                      ι нσρє тнєу υи∂єяѕтαи∂ - ι'м иσт αиgяу, ι'м נυѕт ѕαуιиg
                                                      ѕσмєтιмєѕ gσσ∂вує ιѕ α ѕє¢σи∂ ¢нαи¢є

wнere - Near the stage
                                                      wнen - Spring 2045 - Night
                                                      wιтн - Chance
                                                      - ooc -
                                                      blah blah blah

Diamond Wales

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:15 pm
User Image
                                                  It's all the same, only the names will change
                                                  Every day it seems we're wasting away
                                                  Another place where the faces are so cold
                                                  I'd drive all night just to get back home

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════

Mцsїcїaи aиd ₴їиgёґ || Halfвlооd || Hцfflёpцff Alцмиї

════════════════════════

Chance shook his head as he ordered another drink and told the server to just keep them coming. He was starting to loosen up, but he was still sober, and he wanted a pleasant buzz going. "It's not just practice. I just, I think there's something missing. It didn't sound right to me." That just meant more time holed up in his room working on it and even more time at the practice space getting the sound right. He didn't mind working on music, but if it didn't get to the point that he liked it enough, he might just throw the song away and work on another one. It wasn't like he hadn't done that before. "Besides, music's trial and error. You never know what sounds good until you work on it."

He took a drink, letting the drink burn its way down before he snorted at Chrys's statement about being boring. "It's not boring. It's just me not wanting to drown my liver before I'm thirty." As if contrary to his own words, he quaffed the drink in his hand and put it down. He then rolled his eyes, feeling a bit warmer than he was originally. "Gonna need a few more glasses then. I'm pretty sure that I need some more than what I've had so far."

════════════════════════
                                                  Thinking: Someone needs to save me quick!
                                                  OOC:

-◬-

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Sometimes I sleep, sometimes it's not for days
                                                  And the people I meet always go their separate ways
                                                  Sometimes you tell the day
                                                  By the bottle that you drink
                                                  And times when you're alone all you do is think

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:42 pm
User ImageUser Image

ρℓєαѕє ∂σи'т ¢яу σиє тєαя fσя мє
                                                      ι'м иσт αfяαι∂ σf ωнαт ι нανє тσ ѕαу
                                                      тнιѕ ιѕ му σиє αи∂ σиℓу νσι¢є
                                                      ѕσ ℓιѕтєи ¢ℓσѕє, ιт'ѕ σиℓу fσя тσ∂αу

spaceA distant part of Chrys was relieved that Chance had skipped the babbling she'd been sure was going to follow her question. She liked listening to him talk about his music, of course, but sometimes he could go on and on and she was too drunk to even hope to follow it. That didn't much equal a fun night with her friend. Maybe if they were back at his place and he was actually playing for her while babbling, that would be fun. She liked it when he played for her, even if it was a lot of starting and stopping while he worked out the kinks with her as a captive, if unhelpful, audience. But he'd played a show tonight so she wasn't sure he would be interested in doing that. "I'm sure you'll figure it out," she said encouragingly, grabbing his hand and squeezing it. "You're like, amazing. And you've got the guys to help, and Tassy and probably some other people, too, if you really need it." She did somewhat regret that she wasn't on the list of people who could help; she'd tried, that's why she'd taken music in school. But none of it had ever really stuck. She'd only passed her exams because Chance had helped her study. Oh, well. She could settle for being a cheerleader, of sorts.

spaceShe very wisely didn't comment on his liver drowning comment, since the only thing she could think to say was a joke about his dad that wouldn't come out nearly funny enough with her inebriated. It was a sensitive topic, after all. She knew from little snippets of context clues over the years that Chalmes Whitethorne had a little bit of a drinking problem back in the day. But she was pretty sure pointing that out wasn't the best idea. So, hey, at least she wasn't drunk enough to be a complete idiot. Just most of one. So she just nodded enthusiastically when he said he needed more to drink, clapping happily as he ordered more.
                                                      "Yeah! C'mon, what'll it take? I've had... uh, I dunno, actually. I wasn't counting. Byuch might know, but I think he's busy." Where the heck had he gone, anyway? Well, not that she cared much. She was enjoying not having to share Chance for once.

spaceShe'd no sooner had the thought than some girl, a different one from earlier, started making her way towards them. Chrys didn't think this one was going to be so easily dissuaded from her goal; she'd overheard her earlier in the night, if she wasn't mistaken (admittedly, a lot of these girls looked the same), making some very colorful remarks about Chance... and his bandmates, but it was obvious from the look in her eye now that she was specifically after him. Which Chrys was not having, not one little bit. She scooted her seat closer to him, wrapping her arms around his and leaning herself against him, head on his shoulder.
                                                      "Mm, you smell nice," she said distractedly, not really thinking about anything other than trying to look like... his girlfriend? Something that would make the other girl leave him alone. Although she had to admit, this wasn't entirely for his own benefit. Cuddled up to him, she had to be honest with herself; there was some jealousy at play there. But it was just because she never got to spend time alone with him!

тєℓℓ му мσтнєя, тєℓℓ му fαтнєя ι'νє ∂σиє тнє вєѕт ι ¢αи
                                                      тσ мαкє тнєм яєαℓιzє тнιѕ ιѕ му ℓιfє
                                                      ι нσρє тнєу υи∂єяѕтαи∂ - ι'м иσт αиgяу, ι'м נυѕт ѕαуιиg
                                                      ѕσмєтιмєѕ gσσ∂вує ιѕ α ѕє¢σи∂ ¢нαи¢є

wнere - Near the stage
                                                      wнen - Spring 2045 - Night
                                                      wιтн - Chance
                                                      - ooc -
                                                      blah blah blah

Diamond Wales

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 6:17 pm
We could set the world on fire using only our minds
Pyrokinesis, we hurt each other without trying
When you say the things you say they start a little spark
Ignite this small but also highly flammable heart
I smell something burning; we're melting down tonight

User Image
CALLISTA
DULCE
HARGRAVE

former slytherin │ unemployed │ pureblood

Callista had since determined that at one drink, she was buzzed and cheerful. At two, she was tipsy and mopey. At three... she was a bit of a psychopath. Alright, perhaps that was a bit of an exaggeration, but she had just repeatedly stomped on the foot of a bloke who'd gotten a bit too handsy on the dance floor, and then cackled when she saw him tearing up from the pain. On the other hand, her slightly unhinged aura was doing wonders for keeping undesirable men away from her. Downing her shot, she set the glass back down a little too hard on the table, then slumped back into her seat. Wow. She had really sunken this low. Partying on a random weekend in Knockturn. By herself. Yet, she rationalized it to herself, better here alone than still dating that complete craven Ben. This was getting ridiculous. There was nothing wrong with her. She was attractive, intelligent, determined, stubborn, controlling, neurotic- Ugh. So maybe there was a little wrong with her. But those things could easily be converted into strengths. Right? Right. She stood up just as a passing group of girls scurried by, squealing their friend's name, and was promptly bowled over, landing painfully on her ankle. Great. Just great. Now she was going to die, trampled at some grimy night club. And drunk.

OOC:
Diamond Wales

Neither one of us could gain control over our powers
Over one another we could fight like this for hours
Words deep soaked in gasoline and it will never change
And even if you loved me now it'd just feel cold and strange
I can see the embers, they're glowing in your eyes

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 6:05 pm
User Image
                                                  Well it's too long living in the same old lives
                                                  I feel too cold to live, too young to die
                                                  Will you walk the line, like it's there to choose
                                                  Just forget the wit, it's the best to use

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════

Mᴜɢɢʟᴇʙᴏʀɴ || Sʟʏᴛʜᴇʀɪɴ Aʟᴜᴍɴɪ || Iɴᴠᴇɴᴛᴏʀ

════════════════════════

Akira had settled himself into a booth earlier that evening. He was pretty much bored, and he was certain that part of his problem involved just not being challenged. Sure, he was going through his brother's school books and everything, but it wasn't like he;d memorized everything in those books years ago. The problem was, he'd just hit a wall with what he wanted to do. Sure, he'd finally gotten his laptop to work around a magical environment, but it was by now massively obsolete and Akira was severely annoyed. He'd contemplated moving out, but then the question became where was he going to go and what was he going to do to support himself. That was the part he got stuck on, especially since he knew he was highly considering introducing the wizarding world to the 21st century, but it was useless when it seemed like no one was interested. Except Barry and a few others, Nobu's boyfriend included. Maybe that's what they should do. Just combine their massive brains together and come up with ways to make it possible to bring parts of the muggle world into the magical. That'd be something.

He took a drink of the beer before him, grimacing at the taste but thinking that he ought to do something to blend in. God knew why he was out by himself drinking. Maybe he was just trying to think, maybe he was trying to look for some inspiration, or maybe he was just too bored to just be stuck working over yet another circuit board knowing full well that his talents were likely wasted in the magical world. Yet again, he found himself annoyed for being different from his brother. He could have gone to any university he wanted to. He had enough brains to do anything in the muggle world. The problem was, his knowledge and expertise were pretty much something that was useless.

════════════════════════

Thinking: Ugh, I need to figure out what the heck I should do!
                                                  OOC:

- ◬ -

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I lost my mind, in the city of lights
                                                  In the backstreets buildings and the neon lights
                                                  When I heard the thunder, I could feel the rain
                                                  It's the same to me, just a different name

The Forgotten Weasley

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 10:37 am

User Image
CALLISTA
DULCE
HARGRAVE

Callista eventually got to her feet, although she had to remove her (very) high heels to do so. Now four inches shorter, she scooped up the offending leather shoes and limped along in search of somewhere to nurse her wounds. Spotting a booth that appeared to be empty, she slid somewhat shakily into a seat, only to find that it was not, in fact, empty. She was sitting across from a strange man. Boy. Manchild What was worse, she recognized him, even with the dark lighting. "You," Callista spat, although it sounded less accusatory and more dismayed than she would have liked. The past five years of belligerent sexual tension slapped her in the face, and she laid her head down on her arms. "Ugh. Go away. I can't deal with this right now." At least the table was nice and cool. Was she cursed? She and Akira had been friends (well, frenemies).

Well, sometimes just enemies, but it had long ago been decided by whatever cruel gods ruled their domain, Callista thought, that it was Not Going To Happen. Of course she'd been gradually aware that Akira had been attracted to her, and her to him, as hormonal, angry teens. But he'd never been man enough to make a move, and she'd been too proud to do so herself without it somehow morphing into a series of pointed insults about his intellect and masculinity. And now he was here. Drinking a beer. And he had not put on thirty pounds or developed some hideous facial hair since graduation. "Shouldn't you be... in some basement... developing future war crimes..." she muttered, lifting her head up at last. Great. Her eyeliner was probably smeared.

OOC:
Diamond Wales

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 7:07 pm
User Image

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Akira was still nursing his drink when someone slid into his booth. He looked up, his mouth open to snark at the person, when he realized that Callista had taken the seat across from him. Mouth hanging open, he stared for a moment before groaning at her statement. Narrowing his eyes, he snorted. "I would really love to, Princesa, really, but you decided to invade my booth. I was minding my own business until now."

Akira had done well enough to ignore the fact that he'd had a crush on Callista forever, but seeing her now was well... It was a very unpleasant reminder. Plus, it'd end horribly. He just knew it. He wasn't like 'Nobu, who was practically the perfect guy. Colin was likely lucky there. Plus, Shinobu didn't have to give up a good portion of his childhood all because of a fluke of genetics. His brother could have easily been a wizard if he'd been able to, and for crying out loud, how his niichan had managed to pass the WOMBAT exams with near-perfect scores was beyond real. Akira hadn't cared enough to study them, but he had made sure his brother had all the materials to stay together.

However, he looked over Callista carefully as she snarked at him about being a basement dweller. Eyebrow twitching, he rolled his eyes and decided to ignore her dishevelled appearance so he could give a rejoinder. "If I had decided to retire to my aunt and uncle's basement to develop weapons of mass destruction, you think I'd say anything? I'm not that stupid. Besides, you have something right... here." He pointed to the corner of his own eye, indicating where he saw some of her makeup had smeared. He then crossed his arms, frowning. "What the heck are you doing here anyway? I thought this wasn't your kind of place or something. Too low brow.".

════════════════════════

OOC:

- ◬ -

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The Forgotten Weasley

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 3:15 pm

User Image
CALLISTA
DULCE
HARGRAVE

Callista dismissed his (admittedly accurate) rebuttal that she had invaded his booth with a hand wave. It was a public space, wasn't it? It wasn't as if he'd bought the club. He might be on his way to becoming some sort of Lex Luthor style evil billionaire (yes, she'd read some of Myron's stupid muggle comics) but he certainly wasn't there yet. He'd actually have to start making money first. That thought should have amused her, but she was too bitter to laugh smugly to herself over it. "Retire? I thought you already... dwelled there. You spent enough time tinkering around in the dungeons at Hogwarts, traumatizing the rat colonies." That did make her laugh at her own joke, although it quickly cut off when he had to point out her makeup situation.

Callista looked for a drink to throw at him, and instead picked up a napkin, dabbed at the corner of her eye less delicately then she would have liked, and chucked it at him. "Happy now? Do I go around pointing out all the problems with your face? You're as insufferable as ever, even when I'm buzzed," she muttered. "And don't police where I go to dance! Trashy clubs aren't just for the plebes, you know. Why are you here, Mr. Weapons of Mass Destruction? Broken hearted once again?" Alright, perhaps she was projecting a little.

OOC:
Diamond Wales

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:34 pm
User Image

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Akira snorted as Callista stated he traumatized the rats working in the Hogwarts dungeons. Psh, they were already traumatized. There were at least half a dozen cats down in them at any one time, and he was sure that one of the cats had a litter the last year he was there, so really, there were likely more cats than when he left. "Like I could have worked in the common room. Everyone there kept giving me nasty looks any time I worked on something. Besides, why would you care about the rat population? They're already traumatized by the cat population."

He managed to just bat the napkin away from his face before it hit, and rolled his eyes. "You did before, and any bad mood never stopped you. Not my fault when you're the one starting it by sitting in my booth." Akira made a face when Callista asked him why he was there. "Yeah, sure, broken-hearted. Can't a guy find a place to drink that isn't in the same town where literally everyone knows your name? I'd like to be properly shite-faced without judgemental looks or comments about how 'Nobu wouldn't do that sort of thing. Hard pass.".

════════════════════════

OOC:

- ◬ -

The Forgotten Weasley

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:39 pm

User Image
CALLISTA
DULCE
HARGRAVE

Callista laughed when he mentioned the common room. "Yes, because you tended to work on things that were potentially explosive! Always bringing muggle tech into the dungeons," she rolled her eyes. "How's that quest going, by the way? Finally get a flip phone to work in the castle?" She decided to ignore the rat trauma, for now. "I'm sorry, I didn't realize you owned this booth, Mr. Yamazaki. When did you come into such money?" she winced as her ankle twinged again. Great, just great. "Don't blame me- blame your aunt and uncle for their choice in real estate," she sniffed. "No one forced them to move there. And if you're trying to get shite-faced, you're doing a piss poor job of it," she wrinkled her nose. "You're probably a mopey drunk anyways- look at you now! Nobu this, Nobu that. You think you're the only one with annoyingly accomplished older siblings?" Okay, Miranda and Myron weren't world class athletes or star potioneers or anything, but they were reasonably successful adults.

OOC:
Diamond Wales

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:35 am
User ImageUser Image
xx Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? D'Lux Gold
xxx Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Laili and Desi
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Party Night!
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? I wonder what would be tasty...

Knockturn Alley wasn't normally a place where one could find Nani Heulwen, but today, she and Laili had gone to visit Desi at her job. Honestly, Nani thought the spooky place was perfect for their half-vampire friend, despite it sending shivers up her spine every few seconds. Some weird old guy in the street had offered "100% Werewolf Repellent" and despite Nani knowing it was probably just nonsense, the werewolf in question didn't want to test that theory.

Once in the relative safety of the bar, Nani took a seat up at the bar. "Hey Desi! How's it been?" She grinned, snuggling with Laili as she read the drinks menu. She never had been much of a drinker, but she liked to try new things too. "I don't know what to get. Maybe something fruity?" She wasn't sure, and so far, no one else had recommended something. Maybe Desi would know what to do, or perhaps Laili would have a favorite. The brunette tapped her fingers on the bar top, admiring the pretty ring she'd found. It was in their dresser for some reason, but it was just so pretty Nani couldn't resist. Weirdly, the ring only fit her left hand ring finger, but it was okay. It wasn't anything weird.... probably. Either way, it could wait until later to figure out.

Yukina101

Cara MiaKitty

Wʜᴏ ᴅᴏᴇsɴ'ᴛ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴡʜᴀᴛ I'ᴍ ᴛᴀʟᴋɪɴɢ ᴀʙᴏᴜᴛ? Wʜᴏ's ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ʟᴇꜰᴛ ʜᴏᴍᴇ, ᴡʜᴏ's ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ sᴛʀᴜᴄᴋ ᴏᴜᴛ
Tᴏ ꜰɪɴᴅ ᴀ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍ ᴀɴᴅ ᴀ ʟɪꜰᴇ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇɪʀ ᴏᴡɴ, ᴀ ᴘʟᴀᴄᴇ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄʟᴏᴜᴅs, ᴀ ꜰᴏᴜɴᴅᴀᴛɪᴏɴ ᴏꜰ sᴛᴏɴᴇ
Mᴀɴʏ ᴘʀᴇᴄᴇᴅᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴍᴀɴʏ ᴡɪʟʟ ꜰᴏʟʟᴏᴡ. A ʏᴏᴜɴɢ ɢɪʀʟ's ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍ ɴᴏ ʟᴏɴɢᴇʀ ʜᴏʟʟᴏᴡ
Iᴛ ᴛᴀᴋᴇs ᴛʜᴇ sʜᴀᴘᴇ ᴏꜰ ᴀ ᴘʟᴀᴄᴇ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴡᴇsᴛ, ʙᴜᴛ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ɪᴛ ʜᴏʟᴅs ꜰᴏʀ ʜᴇʀ, sʜᴇ ʜᴀsɴ'ᴛ ʏᴇᴛ ɢᴜᴇssᴇᴅ
Sʜᴇ ɴᴇᴇᴅs ᴡɪᴅᴇ ᴏᴘᴇɴ sᴘᴀᴄᴇs, ʀᴏᴏᴍ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ʜᴇʀ ʙɪɢ ᴍɪsᴛᴀᴋᴇs
Sʜᴇ ɴᴇᴇᴅs ɴᴇᴡ ꜰᴀᴄᴇs, sʜᴇ ᴋɴᴏᴡs ᴛʜᴇ ʜɪɢʜ sᴛᴀᴋᴇs
Sʜᴇ ᴛʀᴀᴠᴇʟᴇᴅ ᴛʜɪs ʀᴏᴀᴅ ᴀs ᴀ ᴄʜɪʟᴅ, ᴡɪᴅᴇ ᴇʏᴇᴅ ᴀɴᴅ ɢʀɪɴɴɪɴɢ, sʜᴇ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴛɪʀᴇᴅ
Bᴜᴛ ɴᴏᴡ sʜᴇ ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ʙᴇ ᴄᴏᴍɪɴɢ ʙᴀᴄᴋ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴇsᴛ, ɪꜰ ᴛʜᴇsᴇ ᴀʀᴇ ʟɪꜰᴇ's ʟᴇssᴏɴs, sʜᴇ'ʟʟ ᴛᴀᴋᴇ ᴛʜɪs ᴛᴇsᴛ

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:16 am
Oh, I think I've landed
In a world I hadn't seen
When I'm feeling ordinary
When I don't know what I mean
Oh, I think I've landed
Where there are miracles at work

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

»Owl Tʀᴀɪɴᴇʀ »Hᴜғғʟᴇᴘᴜғғ Aʟᴜᴍɴ

.¸¸.•´´¯`•Laili had really only been to knockturn maybe once in her entire life and even though it had been an accident, her dad still lectured her about not visiting the alley until she was older and more mature. She definitely got the older part down but for the maturity, she really wasn't all that sure. But this was all for a good cause so she was sure Wyatt wouldn't mind too much. On the way in with Nani, she had seen the guy with the Werewolf Repellent and couldn't even stop herself from giving him a mean stink eye as she kept her girlfriend closer unsure of what he was really selling. For all they knew, it could just be a sprayable version of silver! Thankfully, they got past him rather easily and were able to escape into the club.

Getting the news that Desi got a job at a fancy club in knockturn hadn't been too surprising, especially now that she was able to get a good look at the place. It was bright, eccentric, and vivacious just like Desi was. Her only concern was the loudness; she hoped it wasn't hurting her hearing or anything that would probably suck. But then again she probably had something for it so she'd be fine eventually. She joined her girlfriend at the bar grinning and waving at Desi as Nani gabbed her up while she looked over the drinks menu. Some she could sort of recognize from a rather fuzzy encounter she'd rather not remember and some she was sure she'd seen bottles of at one of their numerous weddings.

Laili grinned as Nani snuggled beside her also reading off the menu mentioning she didn't know what to order but might potentially like something fruity. "Hmm, well I know that margaritas are usually fruity but I don't know if the same could be same for this one." The fiendfyre margarita sounded less fruity and more possible burnt tongue. That and the dragon's blood. But she already knew she'd be trying the night owl purely on name alone and she was definitely fine with that.

"I'm pretty sure I've overheard my aunt and my dad say that red wine is rather fruity so you could always...al-always try th-that." Laili stuttered suddenly as Nani's ring gleamed catching her eye. Oh no. Ohnoohnoohnoohnoohnoohnohnooooo! How did she even find that?! She'd been so sure she'd locked it up right that she'd actually forgotten where she'd placed it but apparently it was somewhere her girlfriend could find. And she was even wearing it on the right finger! Or left! Whatever, she was wearing it and there was a distinct lack of question behind it! Laili tried not to show how shocked and anxious she was at seeing the ring but it wasn't a sure thing. Gah, this wasn't supposed to happen, she was the smooth Abrams! Her brother was the goober that did stuff like this, it was practically a fact! What was she supposed to do now!

Leave your broken windows open
And in the light just streams
And you get a head
A head full of dreams
You can see the change you want to
Be what you want to be

Miss GryffindorK

Cara MiaKitty

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:17 pm
User ImageUser Image

ι ∂ι∂ ιт '¢αυѕє ι ωαииα αи∂ ι ∂ι∂ ιт '¢αυѕє ι'м gσииα
                                                              αи∂ ι ∂ι∂ ιт נυѕт вє¢αυѕє ι ¢αи
                                                              ι ∂ι∂ ιт '¢αυѕє ιт мαкєѕ мє fєєℓ ѕσ gσσ∂
                                                              αи∂ ι ∂ι∂ ιт вє¢αυѕє fυ¢к "тнє мαи"
                                                              ι ∂ι∂ ιт αℓℓ тσ вяєαк єνєяу ѕιиgℓє ρяє¢σи¢єινє∂ иσтισи тнαт уσυ нανє

spaceDesi had to admit, she was sort of surprised when she saw Laili and Nani walk in. She'd had this job for ages now, and of course she'd nagged her friends to come see her at work, but she had never honestly thought they'd cave. Even when they'd told her, earlier that week, that they were thinking of stopping by, she'd snorted and rolled her eyes, said "Yeah sure guys," and continued on with her day. It wasn't exactly their scene, neither of them being big drinkers or overly interested in the general debauchery that was gotten up to in D'Lux. Honestly, there were days Desi felt like the only friend she had who actually enjoyed debauchery at all was her brother. So seeing them in the bar was a shock, to say the least.

spaceShe smothered her shock quickly, waving the two over (and glaring at a man until he got out of his stool and moved over, so there were two next to each other for the girls to sit on) with a somewhat manic grin.
                                                              "It's been same old, same old, until you guys got here. I'm not dreaming, am I? No? Hallucinating, maybe?" She reached across the bar and poked both girls in the arm. "Feels real. Quick, somebody pinch me!" She held her arm out expectantly, winking at the two.

spaceAt the question regarding drinks, she wrinkled her nose.
                                                              "Laili, isn't Milo your dad? And isn't he like. The leading cause of "what did I do last night" in England?" she asked, frowning a little. It wasn't that she was saying she would expect Laili to drink, exactly, but she'd expect her to know something about booze. Through like, osmosis or something. "Fiendfyre margarita is basically strawberry margarita with habenaro juice, and tajin on the rim instead of salt or sugar. We can do regular ones, though. That's just the 'specialty drink' menu. So it's all... you know. Magic." She snorted, wiggling her fingers. "I think the menu predates Jer, so don't ask me where it all came from. Also, red wine is... uh, 'fruity,' sort of. It's mostly bitter, honestly. White wine is crisper. If I'm doing wine, I usually go for a rosé. They're usually fruitier, and sweeter."

spaceDesi caught someone else trying to get her attention, so she excused herself for a second, knowing he was just ordering another glass of firewhiskey. When she returned, she caught a glint of something metallic on Nani's hand, and zeroed in on it like the magpie she was. For a second, her eyes bugged out. That-! That was an engagement ring! Oh, maybe that was why they'd actually come out tonight! She fought to contain her grin, figuring they'd tell her shortly. In the meantime, though, she should get them some drinks. "I make a mean pumpkintini," she joked. "If you wanna try one of the specialty drinks, and fruity, I'd go with a Hocus Pocus. It's mostly melon and pineapple juice." Already, Desi was compiling a list of things she was going to try and egg them into trying. But, best to start them off slow. That way they got tipsy enough to fall for it when she wanted them to try something weird.

ι ∂σ ιт '¢αυѕє уσυ нαтє мє, αи∂ ι ∂σ ιт fσя тнє ℓα∂ιєѕ
                                                              αи∂ ωιтн αℓℓ σf му gσσ∂ тιмє fяιєи∂ѕ
                                                              ι ∂σ ιт '¢αυѕє тнє ωнσℓє ∂αми ωσяℓ∂ѕ gσиє ¢яαzу
                                                              αи∂ fυ¢к ιт мαи тнιѕ ιѕ тнє єи∂!
                                                              ι ∂ι∂ ιт αℓℓ тσ ѕнαкє єνєяу ѕιиgℓє σиє σf уσυя ємσтισиѕυ
                                                              αи∂ נυѕт тσ мαкє уσ υи¢σмfσятαвℓє - ι ℓσνє тσ мαкє уσυ υи¢σмfσятαвℓє

wнere - Behind the Bar
                                                              wнen - Evening, Late Fall 2047
                                                              wιтн - Laili, Nani
                                                              - ooc -
                                                              blah blah blah

Miss GryffindorK

Yukina101

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:59 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? D'Lux Gold
xxx Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Laili and Desi
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Party Night!
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? I wonder what would be tasty...

As they walked in and got cozy, Desi seemed shocked to say the least. Then again, Nani grew up being told not to venture into the creepy side of the alley, and that note increased when she was turned into a werewolf. Apparently there were too many dangers for her. Desi poked at her and Laili, then asked to be pinched. The werewolf did so, gently pinching Desi's arm with a bright giggle. "Not a dream, we wanted to visit... and also try some fun drinks!"

Nani hummed at the drinks list, looking over at Laili when she mentioned margaritas, then over at Desi when she explained out the spicy drink. Nani's nose crinkled, the werewolf unable to handle much in the way of spice. They then mentioned wine, the girl perked up, remembering the wine she'd tried before with her mum. Unfortunately, Laili started stumbling over her words, earning a concerned look from Nani before the girl spoke on the subject. "Oh, no, wine has a... weird taste to it. Not a favorite, unfortunately." Maybe she was just too picky? Too bad they didn't have just.... chocolate something.

Luckily, Desi came up with other ideas, including a pumpkintini and the Hocus Pocus. "Oooh, that one sounds nice. I'll try that one. The hocus pocus one, anyway. Maybe the pumpkin a bit later?" She sent a bright grin over to Desi. The brunette took her left hand and used it to entwine with Laili's hand, resting both on the counter. Unfortunately for both the others, Nani remained quite clueless over the glances thrown at the ring.

Yukina101

Cara MiaKitty

Wʜᴏ ᴅᴏᴇsɴ'ᴛ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴡʜᴀᴛ I'ᴍ ᴛᴀʟᴋɪɴɢ ᴀʙᴏᴜᴛ? Wʜᴏ's ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ʟᴇꜰᴛ ʜᴏᴍᴇ, ᴡʜᴏ's ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ sᴛʀᴜᴄᴋ ᴏᴜᴛ
Tᴏ ꜰɪɴᴅ ᴀ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍ ᴀɴᴅ ᴀ ʟɪꜰᴇ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇɪʀ ᴏᴡɴ, ᴀ ᴘʟᴀᴄᴇ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄʟᴏᴜᴅs, ᴀ ꜰᴏᴜɴᴅᴀᴛɪᴏɴ ᴏꜰ sᴛᴏɴᴇ
Mᴀɴʏ ᴘʀᴇᴄᴇᴅᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴍᴀɴʏ ᴡɪʟʟ ꜰᴏʟʟᴏᴡ. A ʏᴏᴜɴɢ ɢɪʀʟ's ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍ ɴᴏ ʟᴏɴɢᴇʀ ʜᴏʟʟᴏᴡ
Iᴛ ᴛᴀᴋᴇs ᴛʜᴇ sʜᴀᴘᴇ ᴏꜰ ᴀ ᴘʟᴀᴄᴇ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴡᴇsᴛ, ʙᴜᴛ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ɪᴛ ʜᴏʟᴅs ꜰᴏʀ ʜᴇʀ, sʜᴇ ʜᴀsɴ'ᴛ ʏᴇᴛ ɢᴜᴇssᴇᴅ
Sʜᴇ ɴᴇᴇᴅs ᴡɪᴅᴇ ᴏᴘᴇɴ sᴘᴀᴄᴇs, ʀᴏᴏᴍ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ʜᴇʀ ʙɪɢ ᴍɪsᴛᴀᴋᴇs
Sʜᴇ ɴᴇᴇᴅs ɴᴇᴡ ꜰᴀᴄᴇs, sʜᴇ ᴋɴᴏᴡs ᴛʜᴇ ʜɪɢʜ sᴛᴀᴋᴇs
Sʜᴇ ᴛʀᴀᴠᴇʟᴇᴅ ᴛʜɪs ʀᴏᴀᴅ ᴀs ᴀ ᴄʜɪʟᴅ, ᴡɪᴅᴇ ᴇʏᴇᴅ ᴀɴᴅ ɢʀɪɴɴɪɴɢ, sʜᴇ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴛɪʀᴇᴅ
Bᴜᴛ ɴᴏᴡ sʜᴇ ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ʙᴇ ᴄᴏᴍɪɴɢ ʙᴀᴄᴋ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴇsᴛ, ɪꜰ ᴛʜᴇsᴇ ᴀʀᴇ ʟɪꜰᴇ's ʟᴇssᴏɴs, sʜᴇ'ʟʟ ᴛᴀᴋᴇ ᴛʜɪs ᴛᴇsᴛ

Knockturn Alley

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff