Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply The Whomping Willow (Trash)
Information on N.E.W.T.s

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kakatary

Liberal Lunatic

8,250 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:11 pm
User Image

What is a N.E.W.T.?

According to Harry Potter Wiki: "A Nastily Exhausting Wizarding Test (often abbreviated N.E.W.T.) is a subject-specific exam that seventh year wizards and witches at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry take to help them pursue certain careers after their graduation."

When do I take it as a student of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild?

You will take it when your student reaches their seventh year. N.E.W.T.s will be held during the second month of every in-guild year.

Do I have to take N.E.W.T.s?

N.E.W.T.s allow you to pick up jobs later in the Ministry of Magic and Wizarding World Guild. It is your character's choice whether or not certain N.E.W.T.s are right for them.

Note: Please be aware that although N.E.W.T.s are not required for all jobs, a character must complete them by the end of their seventh year or they will be held back, and/or graduate without any N.E.W.T. scores. An extension may be requested by PMing Devlyn Maycry and requesting it. Posting in the absence thread will not count as an extension request. All extension requests must be put in before the last 5 days of the month and will only give you and extra 7 days after the month ends to finish.

I didn't take my N.E.W.T.-leveled class in time to reach the point needed for N.E.W.T.s. What do I do?

You may still attempt the N.E.W.T., however you must realize that your character may not be adequately equipped to handle the N.E.W.T unless they have been studying very, very hard for it prior. Please keep this in mind when roleplaying your character in the N.E.W.T.s. Also, keep in mind that if you have not passed the O.W.L. for that class, you may not take the N.E.W.T. test.

What happens if I fail my N.E.W.T.s?

If you happen to fail a N.E.W.T., you may not retake it.

What happens if I pass all my N.E.W.T.s?

Congratulations! Your character is set for life and ready to go into the work force.

What should I do to prepare?

Before starting on your N.E.W.T.s, make sure to create a thread in the O.W.L.s and N.E.W.T.s subforum with the title as your character's name's N.E.W.T.s (example: Linda Bella's N.E.W.T.s). Then, post the N.E.W.T.s that you will be taking that year. The crew will review your N.E.W.T. scores and post them in your thread, adding their signature as proof. You may not tamper with your scores.

What about an option for opting out of my N.E.W.T.s?

That is actually something you can do! For anyone wishing to opt out of N.E.W.T.s, you may make a thread and put what classes you are taking, as well as their grades for the test, and an explanation of the grade they are receiving. A checker will come by and look over the grades. Please note that your grades must make sense for your character. If your character was a slacker, do not expect them to have straight O's unless you can justify it.

Policies for Opting Out
1 ) No student will be allowed to get all O's on their tests unless they take the actual tests instead of opting out.
2 ) 95-100 - O
85 - 94 - EE
70 - 84 - A
60 - 69 - P
50 - 59 - D
0 - 49 - T
3 ) Students taking 7 or less tests will be allowed to get two-thirds of their scores E or above.
4 ) Students taking 8-12 tests will be allowed to get one-half of their scores E or above.
5 ) Students taking 13 or more tests will be allowed to get one-third of their scores E or above.
6 ) A student may petition to get more than the stated allowances if their student is a studious, intelligent, or hard working student.
7 ) If you wish for your student to petition this, please PM Devlyn MayCry to discuss the options available and give good reasons/proof of reasoning.
8 ) If your student is taking some of the actual tests and opting out of others the ones that you are opting out of cannot be graded as O's.

Good luck!

Note: The tests do not support BBCode or paragraphs, so please make sure you keep that in consideration when you submit them.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:13 pm
N.E.W.T.s

When asked for your name, please put your character's name down!
Each N.E.W.T. is in alphabetical order.

Student Password: avadakedavra

Core classes

Astronomy NEWT

Charms NEWT

Defense Against the Dark Arts NEWT

Herbology NEWT

History of Magic NEWT

Potions NEWT

Transfigurations NEWT

Elective classes

Alchemy NEWT