Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Entrepreneurs (Broommakers, Wandmakers, etc.)
Naitanna Ellis (Artisan of the Visual Arts) Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:57 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image

Ƞɑɨʈɑɲɲɑ Ɛɭɭɨʂ

User Image

Ah, welcome!
It would seem you have stumbled upon a pamphlet of hers. Or maybe a friend told you about their amazing results. Or even a friend of a friend. Either way, you find yourself meeting face-to-face with a young girl of eighteen. She smiles politely and is dressed nicely if rather conservative compared to her age group. She shows you her portfolio of all that she's currently done and looking to do. Impressed, you speak of what you want, how long it will take, and the price of it. She nods and continues smiling her nice soft smile and quietly explains. Doubly impressed you agree to her terms and are now a willing client of the up-and-coming Naitanna Ellis!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:56 pm
Ơƒƒɛɾɛɗ: Portraits 1
Portraits 2 Moving Portraits 1
Moving Portrait 2~First Apparition
Family Portrait
Coal
Moving Scenery 1

Ȼưɼɼɛɲʈ Ƥɾɵɉɛƈʈʂ:
A sculpture moving on its own
-Notes:User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.-normal Transfiguration formula
Piertotum Locomotor -it was used to animate armor statues
Draconifors-possible modification, especially because we don't want dragons!

Ⱥɾʈ-ɨɳ-Wɑɨʈɨɳɡ:
None yet

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:33 pm
A sincere artist is not one who makes a
faithful attempt to put on to canvas
what is in front of him, but one who tries to create something
which is,in itself, a living thing.
Ƞɑɨʈɑɲɲɑ Ɛɭɭɨʂ~Squib

User Image Single

Tanna couldn't believe she had finally made it happen; she was finally able to be an actual artist! And in the magical world no less! She had no hard feelings towards the wizarding world, she knew that beings just like her were cast out of their homes and into Muggle orphanages never to know their birthright or their real familes (honestly she thought they were better that way than having to deal with prejudice). But she was lucky to have her two parents love her and her sister unconditionally enough to not only keep them but help them excel in their different forms of expression. They especially loved how she decorated the hotel once she passed her interior design class at a Muggle university, business has never been better! But she wanted more, she wanted a chance to explore their world and make more clients as well as challenge her and her art forms. What better way than to be a struggling door-to-door artist?

[Wearing: Art-tastic] [With: No one] [Where: At the shop] [Feeling: Excited] [Thinking: Ugh, I hate math!]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:06 pm
Ƞɑɨʈɑɲɲɑ Ɛɭɭɨʂ

User Image Single Squib

Tanna blushed the entire time she led Joey along the streets of Diagon Alley until they came upon a small worn studio space. She had gotten the place with a low rent because no one wanted to clean it out for fear of doxies and boggarts, and one strange ghost that appeared randomly. Luckily there were no boggarts, one or two doxies (that she had Lochland clean out), and the ghost was actually just a wizarding portrait of the previous owner, an old lady who had married the artist that resided there. Needless to say she was an avid critic whenever the young girl needed one. When they finally made it inside Tanna opened all the blinds and lit some lanterns so they could see, the light pouring over easels of unfinished or finished portraits, sculptures drying by the window and an unlit fireplace where a pottery wheel stood vigil. She had two desks that stood off to the walls, one was littered with sketches of dragons, her family, and even one or two random people she had seen in the alley. The other had small bags of colored clay and ingredients on how to make blowing glass along with her blower. Tanna turned back towards her male guess with a pleasing blush on her cheeks, excited to be showing off her small studio to someone not family. "S-so umm....w-what do you t-think?"

[Wearing: Art-tastic] [With: Joey] [Where: My studio!] [Feeling: Nervous as Hell] [Thinking: Dammit why didn't I ever listen to Tassy when she was talking about boys?!?!]

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:18 pm
User Image

ʝʘʂҽҏɦ ʜȧѡϮɦʘɾηҽ

Joey followed Naitanna into her workshop. He scanned the room slowly in awe, taking in all of the colors and different techniques used in each creation. He let a quick moment of silence pass in between her question and his answer. "Your artwork is incredible, really." The man found her portraits intriguing although many were unfinished. "You get into your work," he said, vaguely implying she must come up with new ideas constantly and therefore does not finish old ones.

wearing

Twenty Two. Hufflepuff Graduate. Single.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:34 pm
Ƞɑɨʈɑɲɲɑ Ɛɭɭɨʂ

User Image Single Squib

Tanna flushed brighter, in both pride and shame, as Joey looked over her unfinished paintings."S-sometimes when I w-work on something for s-so long I get kind of bored with it. So I m-move on to something different all together. Usually doing so makes me think of something else I could add to the old. Those portraits thankfully aren't due for pick up for another month or so or else I'd feel really bad." she said with a quiet giggle. She walked over to her desk to the left and gathered all her rough and finished sketches of her hard to finish sculpture. The Scot walked over to her male friend and presented them to him with a blush and smile. "These are the ones I wanted to show you. I-I know they're a little e-exaggerated but they were before I had some books as a stable reference." she fiddled nervously with the ends of her long curly brown hair.

[Wearing: Art-tastic] [With: Joey] [Where: My studio!] [Feeling: Nervous as Hell] [Thinking: Oh know, what's he thinking?!?!?!]

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:54 pm
User Image

ʝʘʂҽҏɦ ʜȧѡϮɦʘɾηҽ

Joey nodded, assuming it had been her getting bored of working on the same thing for so long before she admitted to it. Naitanna seemed to have a lot of portraits that she was working on for others. "How many of these do you paint just for yourself? I mean, you know, not for your business?" He was truly curious to see which creations come out of her mind, and her mind only. No one to tell her what they want or how they want it. When the girl fetched her dragon sketches, Joey stretched his neck slightly to look over them. "They're fantastic, really!" he exclaimed in his thick English accent. His new friend's drawing skills were amazing, and the fact that she drew dragons made her more perfect.

wearing

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:44 pm
Ƞɑɨʈɑɲɲɑ Ɛɭɭɨʂ

User Image Single Squib

Tanna bit her bottom lip as she began to look around her small work space for the paintings she did on whim before finding a couple leaning against the wall by the window. She grabbed them and laid them over the desk so he could see them all properly. All of them were of family, the first was of her twin playing the violin not smiling but her eyes sparkled as she held her mahogany instrument. The next was of her little sister Nell playing with her many animals with a bunny on her head, chickens in her arms, cats around her legs and a penguin hanging off her ankle. The one of Loki was the hardest she had done considering he never stayed in the same place long enough for her to pain but she finally got enough of him to make a black and white portrait of him reading which she found intriguing. The last Tanna painted was of her parents arguing of all things but even then you could see a slight twitch in her Da's lips like he wanted to smile and a glint in her Mum's eyes. It was her favorite of the two. Tanna turned back to face Joey after he was finished perusing her stacks of sketches with another nervous grin. "T-thank you. B-but ummm these are some ones I did about a year ago I think."

[Wearing: Art-tastic] [With: Joey] [Where: My studio!] [Feeling: Nervous as Hell] [Thinking: What's he thinking now?!?!?!]

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:18 pm
User Image

ʝʘʂҽҏɦ ʜȧѡϮɦʘɾηҽ

Joey looked over the paintings that leaned against the wall by the window. "Is that a self portrait? Do you also play the violin?" he asked, looking back at Tanna. He assumed it was her since he didn't know she had a twin sister, or any sister yet. The two knew pretty much nothing about each other. Only that Naitanna was an artist. All she knew about Joey was that he had an interest in dragons. That was about it so far. He looked back at the paintings, his eyes falling onto the next one. A young girl surrounded by animals. It could have been her when she was younger, or maybe a family member or a friend. A neighbor? Maybe even just a girl she imagined up in her mind. "Do you like animals?" he asked, trying to find more out about his friend. Joey hoped she did, that would be something they had in common. His eyes fell onto the next portrait. "Who's this, your boyfriend?" he asked casually, yet jokingly although he hoped it wasn't. He quickly looked away from the one and onto the last one. He assumed they were her parents since her mother and she did look a lot alike. "They're all so nice. You're a very talented artist." Joey looked at Tanna and smiled. "How long have you been painting for?"

wearing

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:35 pm
Ƞɑɨʈɑɲɲɑ Ɛɭɭɨʂ

User Image Single Squib

Tanna could have smacked herself for not labeling her portraits, or at least telling Joey who they were before he looked at them. "N-no, that's my twin sister Nastassia, b-but she mostly goes by Tassy. She's the m-musician of the family." She moved on to the second picture smiling softly as she did. "This is m-my baby sister Chantale. She loves animals m-more than anyone I know. S-she goes to Hogwarts and is in umm.....what was it? Huffenpuff? S-something like that." she didn't realize she indirectly insulted her new friends old school House but she did laugh when he mentioned Loki as her boyfriend. "G-gods no! That's my older brother Lochland, h-he works over at the p-potions shop." Finally Tanna reached the final portrait of her fighting parents and had to stifle another chuckle. "These are my parents Gerald and Jarai. They live in Scotland and run a hotel and pub there. T-they're really quite interesting people when you get to know them." she blushed lightly at what she said and her meaning. When Joey complemented her again her blush only deepened before giving a sheepish smile. "T-thanks, I've been painting s-since I was eleven. Since m-me and Tassy didn't get any magical letters our Da thought we could l-learn something else. I masted Art and she masted Music." Tanny shrugged not caring she admitted to being a squib.

[Wearing: Art-tastic] [With: Joey] [Where: My studio!] [Feeling: Nervous but pleased] [Thinking: Loki my boyfriend, pft!]

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:30 pm
User Image

ʝʘʂҽҏɦ ʜȧѡϮɦʘɾηҽ

Joey looked at her in delight. The girl in front of him had a twin sister. Two identically beautiful girls existed that he had never knew about before today? It made him wonder how many other people he could have met but hadn't. "She's the musician, you're the artist. What about the rest of your family? Do they have any hobbies or talents?" he asked curiously. Learning about Naitanna interested him quite a bit. Finally, something he could talk about that he had in common with one of Tanna's family members. "Oh, that's marvelous! I was in Hufflepuff when I attended Hogwarts myself! How old is she?" he asked. Maybe he had actually known this girl. However, if she was as young as she seemed to be in the portrait, he would have already graduated by the time she got her acceptance letter. Though of course, this portrait could have been painted years ago. Or at least how Chantale looked years ago. A breath of relief filled then escaped his lungs when Lochland was confirmed to be Tanna's brother. "No wonder his face looks familiar," he said, staring at the portrait of Loki for a while longer. Joey had definitely seen him around before. It must have been at the Potions shop. Joey looked over the arguing couple. "You know, without a little fighting, love wouldn't last." Hopefully, that would cheer up the girl about her parents if she was upset by it. If she wasn't, then all was alright and they could carry on. Guess that answered my first question, he thought as he listened to Tanna's last statement. "Well, I must say, you mastering art was not a skill that went unnoticed. It was a great idea for you to go into art. You're quite terrific at it." The creativity flowed through the room. You could practically feel it brighten your spirits as soon as you walked into the room!

wearing

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:27 pm
Ƞɑɨʈɑɲɲɑ Ɛɭɭɨʂ

User Image Single Squib

Tanna blushed bit smiled a bit wider, it was nice having someone to talk to that wasn't just family. "Lochland is o-our potioneer, Chantale is t-thirteen and she wants to b-be a magizoologist because she loves a-animals, and my parents are...d-different. she chuckled thinking of the eccentric couple. "They met a-at graduate school, my Da's the owner of the pub which is connected to the Hotel my Mum r-runs. She's the Head chef and Manager. And I have to agree, I think the more they fight the more silencing charms they use at night!" Tanna covered her mouth with a bright blush before bursting out with peals of giggles. She couldn't believe she said that out loud! Giving Joey a grateful smile for not reacting to her squib status she just shrugged at his compliment. "Thank you, but e-enough about m-me and my family. W-what about you? A-all I really know is your name and that y-you like dragons."

[Wearing: Art-tastic] [With: Joey] [Where: My studio!] [Feeling: Nervous but pleased] [Thinking: He's so nice!]

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:30 am
User Image

ʝʘʂҽҏɦ ʜȧѡϮɦʘɾηҽ

Joey nodded at each of Tanna's explanations. "When I was younger, I wanted to be a magizoologist. Now, I work in the Werewolf Support Services." The young man absolutely adored magical creatures and animals when he was an adolescent, and he still does now; however, he thought going into the business he works in now would be a good alternative. It was proven to be a great one since he was happy with it. He chuckled at the comment she slipped about her parents. "Let's leave it at that." His open mouthed smile turned into a close mouthed smile before he answered Tanna's question. "We both have a younger sister. Mine is in Hufflepuff in her fourth year; her name's Ariana Hawthorne. I'm not sure if Chantale ever mentioned her to you?" He figured the two younger siblings probably knew each other, but the synthetically dyed redhead did not ever speak of a Chantale. Maybe they just knew each other but weren't friends? He added, "If there's anything you're wondering about me, just go ahead and ask. I'm an open book."

wearing

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:19 am
Ƞɑɨʈɑɲɲɑ Ɛɭɭɨʂ

User Image Single Squib

Now it was Tanna's turn for her eyes to widen. "W-wow! That sounds r-really impressive. What e-exactly do you do there?" She knew from her family such creatures were real, it was why she was even interested in dragons, but to meet someone directly working with them was new for her. The young woman tilted her head slightly to the side as she contemplated Joey's words over their sisters. "I've n-never heard her mention that name so maybe t-they just know of each other?" slowly but surely her nervous stutter was disappearing, not that she noticed still thinking of questions she could ask. "Well, besides dragons of course, what else do you like? And what about your family?" Tanna's hazel eyes were alight with interest.

[Wearing: Art-tastic] [With: Joey] [Where: My studio!] [Feeling: Nervous but pleased] [Thinking: He's so nice!]

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:17 pm
User Image

ʝʘʂҽҏɦ ʜȧѡϮɦʘɾηҽ

Joey shrugged. It wasn't too impressive, at least not to him. Just one of the many, many jobs at the Ministry. "When needed, we relocate werewolves. If the werewolf has a kid, we need to deal with them as well. For each werewolf, everything depends on their situation, really. It's hard to say exactly what we do, but you know, we keep them safe and everyone else safe as well." He absolutely loved his work and enjoyed talking about it, but explaining it was rather difficult without going into too many boring details. "Hm, that's too bad. When I see her this summer, I'll ask if Ari knows your sister." This was a small world, and if the girls were both in the same house and only a year apart, they absolutely had to know each other. "My mum is a muggle, but my father is a wizard. I only have one sibling." Joey did not know what else to tell Tanna about his family, so he waited to see if she had any comments or further questions about them. Or him.

wearing

Entrepreneurs (Broommakers, Wandmakers, etc.)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games