Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Books & Textbooks
A Beginner's Guide to Transfiguration by Emeric Switch Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vampire Toy

Fashionable Pumpkin

9,375 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:59 am
Chapter 11
Vera Verto

This chapter will look closely at the Transfiguration spell of Vera Verto. It is also known as Fera Verto.

The word is derived from Latin, vera, meaning "true" or "right", and verto, meaning "I turn" or "I change". It is the incantation used to change animals into water goblets, and is pronounced vair-uh-VAIR-toh.

Looking back at our categories in Chapter 1, this spell falls under the Transformation Transfiguration branch. It is used to transform animals into water goblets.

The spell itself does not cast any light or noise, and the wand must tap thrice on the animal and then point to it as the incantation is being said.

The level of this Transfiguration is somewhat basic.

t= Transformation of an animal into a water goblet
a= caster must be heavier than the animal
v= intent must be at least medium-mild
w= any wand power
c= moderate
Z= well-spoken, as clear as possible

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:20 pm
Chapter 12
Fallorodenta
A.K.A. Object to Rodent

This chapter will look closely at the Transfiguration spell of Fallorodenta, also known informally as Teacup to Rat, Teacup to Gerbil, and Object to Rodent.

The word is derived from Latin, fallo meaning to "deceive, cheat, or trick", and rodenta meaning "pertaining to a rodent". It is the incantation used in Teacup to Rat, Teacup to Gerbil, and any other Object to Rodent spell, and is pronounced Fa-LOH-roden-TAH.

Looking back at our categories in Chapter 1, this spell falls under the Transformation Transfiguration branch. It is used to transform objects into a rodent. This spell is a common spell for someone wishing to deceive or scare someone holding any item and transfiguring it into a rodent of their choice, such as rats, mice, gerbils, guinea pigs, etc.

The spell itself does not cast any light or noise, but transforms any object pointed at with the caster's wand into a rodent.

The level of this Transfiguration is somewhat basic.

t= Transformation of an object into a rodent
a= caster must be heavier than the object being transformed
v= intent must be at least medium-mild
w= any wand power
c= fair
Z= well-spoken, as clear as possible

Vampire Toy

Fashionable Pumpkin

9,375 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:20 pm
Chapter 13
Conclusion

There are many things about Transfiguration that still are unknown to the wizarding world. Questions still linger and many things are simply taken for granted. This book, I hope, encourages you to continue in the field of Transfiguration to help discover the answers to these endless questions.

While this is an introductory book into the subject matter of Transfiguration, many witches and wizards will find themselves wondering whether Transfiguration is right for them. Every witch and wizard can excel in Transfiguration with practice and precision. To get to the point of expert Transfigurist is prestigious among the Wizarding Community, and is a rare title to hold, indeed. I hope this book encourages you to consider the path of Transfigurist and I also hope that it helped you grasp a better understanding of the ideology behind Transfiguration. It is an art that is still shrouded in mystery.

I implore you to purchase my next book, Intermediate Transfiguration, which offers a plethora of higher level spells than the ones covered in this book. Continue on the path of discovery, dear reader, and good luck in everything you do.

User Image

Credits (OOC Section)
All information gotten from Wiki, Pottermore, and the movies/books.  
Books & Textbooks

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff