Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Knockturn Alley
Shop Owner Basics and Information (Must Read) (KA) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:16 pm
heather030595
Hello, my name is Heather Hawthorn.

I would like to work at Sly Fox Detective Agency.

The things I love about this shop are:
- I get to work with my friends, Ronyo and Jane.
- I get to help people, which is what I want to do in life.
- I get to solve mysteries. Cue the cool theme music!
- It gives me the chance to explore the wizarding world while I'm on my cases.
- I can continue to help the Chimera Club from outside of Hogwarts. Shhhh... You didn't hear that from me.

The things I despise about this shop are:
- It's in Knockturn Alley. Of all the places it could have been, Ronyo chose the creepy one.
- The creepers on the Alley. They freak me out.
- I'm a little nervous about hunting down murders. What if they kill me next?!
- I... miss my apron from Slug and Jiggers.... Don't laugh at me. I'll hit you with my bat!
- This place needs some redecorating. Some nice curtains, maybe a vase of flowers on Jane's desk too. Anything to lighten the mood a bit.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! I'll be working as a Junior Detective under Ronyo's guidance to prepare me for my Auror training.

Accepted xd

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:08 pm
Ura the rainbow King
Hello, my name is (Link your profile: Shawn Judus Sever)

I would like to work at The Spiny Serpent

The things I love about this shop are It will hire me. Give me a place to stay. Pays me. Does not think of my family history as a reason to fire me. It is a subject I know some thing about. I don't have to interact like I would in diagon ally.

The things I despise about this shop are the pay. It is in the middle of Knotch Turn Ally. Some of the customers are crazy. My mother knows I work there. I work with cursed objects.

You're fired!

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:57 pm
Hello, my name is Yamato Takaishi

I would like to work at The Starry Prophesier

The things I love about this shop are Well, it's quiet. Also, I don't mind the idea of helping to figure out plans and such if they really depend on guidance from well, future events. I also don't mind the location, despite it being in the shadier section of Knockturn Alley. Probably seeing new faces isn't a bad fourth item, and probably the owner. He seems quiet and patient.

The things I despise about this shop are people that might think I'm a freak for working here. Skeptics too, since they're constantly thinking that I would be able to See everything they expect me to see. Probably the idea that people think I am a charlatan also ranks up there. Slow days also ranks up there, considering that I might be sitting for hours doing nothing. Also, when I randomly have visions. Yeah, I can't quite control those, however much I might wish I could.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! Even if I don't see the customers, I don't mind giving a helping hand to those that need it.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:06 pm
Diamond Wales

I would like to work at The Starry Prophesier

The things I love about this shop are Well, it's quiet. Also, I don't mind the idea of helping to figure out plans and such if they really depend on guidance from well, future events. I also don't mind the location, despite it being in the shadier section of Knockturn Alley. Probably seeing new faces isn't a bad fourth item, and probably the owner. He seems quiet and patient.

The things I despise about this shop are people that might think I'm a freak for working here. Skeptics too, since they're constantly thinking that I would be able to See everything they expect me to see. Probably the idea that people think I am a charlatan also ranks up there. Slow days also ranks up there, considering that I might be sitting for hours doing nothing. Also, when I randomly have visions. Yeah, I can't quite control those, however much I might wish I could.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! Even if I don't see the customers, I don't mind giving a helping hand to those that need it.

Acepted  

Firefly_Wanderer

Sparkly Marshmallow

13,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Married 100
  • Inquisitor 200

Silquestnocte

Fandom Trash

36,300 Points
  • Alchemy Level 6 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:33 pm
Hello, my name is Lutheil Marcellus

The things I love about this shop are The items passing through here, the fact that some of said items are cursed, the pay, the traveling that’ll come with the job, the entire field I’ll be working in.

The things I despise about this shop are The constant dust, the distinct possibility that the Ministry has visited here before on not-so-friendly terms, the sketchy location, that I can’t fiddle with all of the objects to my heart’s content, the distinct possibility that the Ministry might visit again on not-so-friendly terms.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:19 pm
Silenced Nocturne
Hello, my name is Lutheil Marcellus

The things I love about this shop are The items passing through here, the fact that some of said items are cursed, the pay, the traveling that’ll come with the job, the entire field I’ll be working in.

The things I despise about this shop are The constant dust, the distinct possibility that the Ministry has visited here before on not-so-friendly terms, the sketchy location, that I can’t fiddle with all of the objects to my heart’s content, the distinct possibility that the Ministry might visit again on not-so-friendly terms.

You're hired!

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

fangbanger18

Gracious Millionaire

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:54 pm
Hello, my name is Augustus Le Feuvre

I would like to purchase Betting Shop

How did I come to get this shop? Well... School was simply not satisfying to me, I needed to find something more to my interest. That was when I decided to mix my passions, gambling, sports, and alcohol. So why not open a shop were witches and wizard could play to their bet on whatever they want without being judged.

The things I love about this shop are I can be the grumpy jerk I always am. People are so foolish taking their money on bets is incredibly easy. Though he hates working at least it is a place he can enjoy the things he loves like watching quidditch. And my shop reveals surprising things even about the most highly thought of wizards, I just love knowing dirty secrets.

The things I despise about this shop are People are just infuriating to deal with. Having to clean up after some of the stupid fights that break out due to sore losers. Keeping track of bets and making sure everyone follows the rules accordingly is a hassle. Where it is located, though he gets the better business he is not fond of knockturn alley. And his least favorite thing about having his own shop is being in charge of it's maintenance and all, truly a lazy man.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! The shop as charm to keep the customers in a strict privacy contract. Once inside the are forced to keep their dealings secret, nothing that happens in the shop is revealed outside of it. And there is a small apartment above for when I wish to sleep there.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:11 am
fangbanger18
Hello, my name is Augustus Le Feuvre

I would like to purchase Betting Shop

How did I come to get this shop? Well... School was simply not satisfying to me, I needed to find something more to my interest. That was when I decided to mix my passions, gambling, sports, and alcohol. So why not open a shop were witches and wizard could play to their bet on whatever they want without being judged.

The things I love about this shop are I can be the grumpy jerk I always am. People are so foolish taking their money on bets is incredibly easy. Though he hates working at least it is a place he can enjoy the things he loves like watching quidditch. And my shop reveals surprising things even about the most highly thought of wizards, I just love knowing dirty secrets.

The things I despise about this shop are People are just infuriating to deal with. Having to clean up after some of the stupid fights that break out due to sore losers. Keeping track of bets and making sure everyone follows the rules accordingly is a hassle. Where it is located, though he gets the better business he is not fond of knockturn alley. And his least favorite thing about having his own shop is being in charge of it's maintenance and all, truly a lazy man.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! The shop as charm to keep the customers in a strict privacy contract. Once inside the are forced to keep their dealings secret, nothing that happens in the shop is revealed outside of it. And there is a small apartment above for when I wish to sleep there.

Accepted
(Sorry, I must have missed this when I was doing my usual housekeeping of the shops)  

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:43 pm

I would like to purchase The Starry Prophesier

How did I come to get this shop? Well... I used to work for the last owner, and he was a nice guy. I bought it from him when things got complicated on his end, and well, decided to keep it for if or when he returned.

The things I love about this shop are Well, it's quiet. Also, I don't mind the idea of helping to figure out plans and such if they really depend on guidance from well, future events. I also don't mind the location, despite it being in the shadier section of Knockturn Alley. Probably seeing new faces isn't a bad fourth item, and probably setting my own hours. I'm a night owl by nature, and well, I tend to sleep in a lot.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:40 pm
Diamond Wales

I would like to purchase The Starry Prophesier

How did I come to get this shop? Well... I used to work for the last owner, and he was a nice guy. I bought it from him when things got complicated on his end, and well, decided to keep it for if or when he returned.

The things I love about this shop are Well, it's quiet. Also, I don't mind the idea of helping to figure out plans and such if they really depend on guidance from well, future events. I also don't mind the location, despite it being in the shadier section of Knockturn Alley. Probably seeing new faces isn't a bad fourth item, and probably setting my own hours. I'm a night owl by nature, and well, I tend to sleep in a lot.

Accepted!  

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:15 pm
Hello, my name is Jeremy Long

I would like to work at D'Lux Gold as a bartender.

The things I love about this shop are the hours, the lively atmosphere, meeting new people, the performances by some of the musicians, and the fact that I don't have to change my appearance.

The things I despise about this shop are staying up too late, the drunks, the occasional fights from said drunks, the location, and people assuming that I'm a pushover because of my size.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! Not much else to tell, I'm just trying to find a job.

Essy ze Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:26 pm
Diamond Wales
Hello, my name is Jeremy Long

I would like to work at D'Lux Gold as a bartender.

The things I love about this shop are the hours, the lively atmosphere, meeting new people, the performances by some of the musicians, and the fact that I don't have to change my appearance.

The things I despise about this shop are staying up too late, the drunks, the occasional fights from said drunks, the location, and people assuming that I'm a pushover because of my size.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! Not much else to tell, I'm just trying to find a job.

Essy ze Ninja

Accepted  

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

PumpkinSpikes

Feral Abomination

12,100 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:29 pm
Hello, my name is: Asher Adams

I would like to purchase: Blackbeak Woodcraft

How did I come to get this shop?: I am creating this shop. I plan to sell my one of a kind, hand-carved wood pieces here.

The things I love about this shop are: It’s huge with plenty of room for inventory, it’s in Knockturn alley, it has a back room for me to put my woodcarving equipment, the counter has enough space to install a perch for my parrot, and it has a small fireplace by the entryway

The things I dislike about this shop are: customers who take something off the shelf but then don’t put it back in its place, people who come in just to ask where other shops are, people who will be paying for their order and then decide they want something else LAST MINUTE, People who just let their kids roam free and touch everything, and lastly, that one older woman who came in with her massive dog. The dog knocked over one of my most precious pieces and then decided it was a chew toy. The woman simply put it back on the shelf destroyed and then walked out. YOU OWE ME 20 GALLEONS FOR THAT PEACOCK, MADAM!!!!

Diamond​ Wales
[/spoiler​]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:39 pm
AccioPumpkin
Hello, my name is: Asher Adams)

I would like to purchase: Blackbeak Woodcraft

How did I come to get this shop?: I am creating this shop. I plan to sell my one of a kind, hand-carved wood pieces here.

The things I love about this shop are: It’s huge with plenty of room for inventory, it’s in Knockturn alley, it has a back room for me to put my woodcarving equipment, the counter has enough space to install a perch for my parrot, and it has a small fireplace by the entryway

The things I dislike about this shop are: customers who take something off the shelf but then don’t put it back in its place, people who come in just to ask where other shops are, people who will be paying for their order and then decide they want something else LAST MINUTE, People who just let their kids roam free and touch everything, and lastly, that one older woman who came in with her massive dog. The dog knocked over one of my most precious pieces and then decided it was a chew toy. The woman simply put it back on the shelf destroyed and then walked out. YOU OWE ME 20 GALLEONS FOR THAT PEACOCK, MADAM!!!!

Accepted!  

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 6:55 pm
Owner Application

Hello, my name is Sera Avery

I would like to purchase Borgin and Burkes

How did I come to get this shop? Well... I'd been trying to figure out how to get into work for myself and discovered that this shop was for sale. I saved up for the place and bought it soon thereafter.

The things I love about this shop are Setting my own hours, the things I can collect, the secrets I learn working here, finding out everyone has a price, and building up a name for myself.

The things I despise about this shop are When people question my products, being unable to acquire new items, customers trying to argue my products lower than what I am willing to sell them for, finding help, idiots that don't realize I don't give refunds.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! I'm also in the process of building up a black market of goods and services so I probably should include that.

Essy ze Ninja

Knockturn Alley

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces