Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply St Mungo's Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries
Potions and Plant Poisoning (Fifth Floor) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kakatary

Liberal Lunatic

8,250 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:29 pm
Potions and Plant Poisoning

Found on the Fifth Floor

Addresses rashes, regurgitation, uncontrollable giggling, and more.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:39 pm
This is a roleplay area for visitors and healers.

Patients can be found in their individual beds (threads) here.

Kakatary

Liberal Lunatic

8,250 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Flatterer 200

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:09 pm
Mary Jane Clarisse
Healer for Potions and Plant Poisoning
Former Ravenclaw

User ImageLocation: St. Mungo's Hospital - Potions and Plant Poisoning (Third floor)

Mary Jane walked up to the third floor of work. She was deep in her thoughts when she went up to the potion and plant poisoning department of the hospital. 'I hope John is having a good day...' she thought putting her purse down at her spot. 'Alright time to get to work.' she thought pulling out her clip board and feeling out a few forms before making her rounds on the floor.

With: No One

OOC: ---  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:31 pm
User Image
Jacquelina Tarot
Former Hufflepuff

Jacquelina enters the building and ascends to the third floor for her first day of work. Checking the time on the wall as she comes in, she is satisfied by the fact that she is not late, and heads for the Healer's lounge to drop off her things before walking out into the halls to make her rounds and check for any new patients. Today was sure to be an exciting day, as she could never know what to expect. Besides, she was sure that her husband would have a good time in the country with the children for the summer holiday, even without her there.  

x-Phoenix Phyre-x

Obsessive Bibliophile

9,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:36 pm
Mary Jane Clarisse
Former Ravenclaw

User ImageLocation: St. Mungo's Hospital - Potions and Plant Poisoning (Third floor)

It was a real shame that Mary Jane was unable to spend the day with her kids. However she knew that they would be visiting John's brother and his kids soon. Walking through the halls she came across Jacqueline. 'She must be the new person we hired.' she thought before walking over to her. "Hello I'm Mary Jane Clarisse you must be the new employee." she introduced herself in her soft spoken tone.

With: Jacquelina

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:03 am
User Image
Jacquelina Tarot
Former Hufflepuff

Jacquelina turned her head toward the voice which addressed her, finding a kind looking woman whom she'd assumed had been working here for some time. Smiling, she extended her hand politely. "Hello, my name is Jacquelina Tarot. It's a pleasure. Have you been here long? How do you enjoy it?" Jacquelina wasn't what one might call shy, she was actually rather friendly toward new faces. She had to suppose that her daughter had gotten her quieter nature from her husband.  

x-Phoenix Phyre-x

Obsessive Bibliophile

9,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:41 pm
Mary Jane Clarisse
Former Ravenclaw

Mary Jane had a feeling she would like working with Jacquelina. “It’s nice to meet someone who isn’t a patent.” She said with a smile. “I simply love working here, helping people using what I know. I’ve been working here for about fifteen years now.” She told her. “I’m sure you’ll enjoy the job.” She added. Mary Jane had been working there since she was twenty that was the best year of her life.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:33 pm
User Image
Jacquelina Tarot
Former Hufflepuff

"Wow, fifteen years," she says with a trace of awe in her voice. "You must have started young! But, it's wonderful that you found your passion so early in life.. I'm sure that I will love it here," she says with a smile. "And thanks so much for the warm welcome, Mary Jane. It's really a pleasure to meet you."  

x-Phoenix Phyre-x

Obsessive Bibliophile

9,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:59 pm
Mary Jane Clarisse
Former Ravenclaw

Mary Jane nodded. "Yes I started three years after I graduated from Hogwarts." she explained. She would have put it off but after a while Mary Jane got tired of sitting around the house alone. There was no sense staying at home if she could be out working and thus she headed out to find a job. "The pleasure's all mine." she said with a smile. It looked like they would be getting along quite well.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:06 am
User ImageUser Image

Was he cliche? Yes, he was so cliche it was about to peel skin off his face. Originally, he had gone to the hospital to go see his brother- - - hence the convenient rash and the brutal slicing open of his appendage. At least he remembered that he used his left hand most and not his right. The last time he had confused himself on which one to cut, he had ended up antsy, useless and terrifyingly bored.

Ironic, really, since all that had begun because he was bored.

There were only so many katas one could do in the house and he was tired of the silence and the stilted conversation of the help in the manor- - - was he that terrifying of a person? Granted he knew he was a little bit morbid in a sense, but definitely not in his actions. Nowaki thought of himself as relatively normal, being perfectly honest. Anyway, Yuyami required a definite reason for disturbing his presence, much less his presence at work, so Nowaki came up with something, he supposed. He was aware he was acting somewhat of a brat, but eh, he didn't really care. Truth be told, he was one, and it was just the first step to being happy that he was accepting who he was with whole-hearted non-doubt-and-denial. Cutting everything short, he was a grown-up brat shamelessly calling for attention, even going to far as to maiming himself- - - though it was a self-maim, and he was going to get better anyway. If he died, then ah, well, it was his fault- - - on the slight chance that he would be amused and kept company by someone.

Desperate much? Yes, and, whatever, it wasn't like other people in his shoes wouldn't have done it either. Boredom was a powerful thing.

Glancing at the elder healer walking beside him, the youngest Akiji shifted the bleeding appendage again, resisting the urge to blow a raspberry in irritation at the appearance of his forearm. So the rash crawled its way up, he was still gushing out blood like a leaking hose- - - another thing to remember, he supposed he should have gone a bit easier on the cutting, the throbbing was starting to ache like hell, which was saying something since he did practice with a sword, and even just the bokkens left behind some nasty pains.

Another thought popped into his head while he was eyeing the other- - - no name, correct that- - - a thin brow arched up in confusion as he stared at the lime green uniform. Lime green wasn't the best colour in a hospital. It looked like bile, to be honest- - - was bile lime green? Either way, it wasn't something conducive to pleasant thoughts, which was probably what most patients needed, wasn't it? Was he rambling? Oh- - - okay, he was rambling. The other looked good in it, though, despite the atrocity of the lime green uniform, and that hair was gorgeous. Did that get in the way of things?

Oh. If the uniform was green, did that mean Yuya was wearing lime green as well?

Nowaki stifled a snort at the thought, making to duck down and muffle the action. Ah, he'd forgotten how it was like to be awkward. Seriously, when was the last time he had been around. . . non-Akiji people? It had probably been a year or something, he couldn't really recall getting out of bed, much less the house for a long, long while. Everything that had happened in the past few minutes, he supposed, and while they were walking, was probably the first outside-human interaction he had seen in a while. So, there was that argument with the nurse, that "If you would?" he had replied with to said healer- - - who was adorable and looked only slightly older than him, even if he was a bit shorter; which didn't count because for his family, he was abnormally tall- - - up to there, and that was where it all stopped. Slightly antsy about all the silence, he had had enough of silence, thank you very much, Nowaki broke the silence with a small cough.

"Yuyami," he ventured, breaking therefore the glass wall of quiet. "Akiji Yuyami," he added, staring ahead. "That's who I'm looking for," he told the other with a shrug, fixing up the bloody arm again. He had to work on his people skills, if only for the sake of amusing himself.

_ _ _ _____________________________________________

o o cxx;;xx HAVE MORE OF MY BULLSHIT POST OF MORE AKIAKI RAMBLES

Utsuha Moon

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:38 pm
User Image███ ███ ███ ███ ███ ███

Chase Henrick

███ ███ ███ ███ ███ ███

Ravenclaw || Healer || Nineteen

For a second, Chase debated whether they should use the stairs or just apparate to the third floor. It would be stupid for him to go for the stairs only to have the poor guy die trying to fight one of many humans' mortal enemies: gravity. However, it would be better if the healer didn't use apparation, mostly because the newbie didn't know where exactly to appear in. He wasn't a mediwizard, after all.

Screw it.

Let's pretend Chase knew what he was doing and that he won't get sacked.

Honestly, thought, the youth could probably do something about the bleeding. But the thing is, he doesn't know for what reason the injured male was here, especially the origin of the wound. Assuming that the patient knew what he had gotten himself into, that meant he came into contact with some type of plant one way or another. Meaning there could be complications, such as poisoning. If Chase tried to heal the cut right then and there, and once on the third floor it was revealed there was deeper trouble than the loss of blood, say hello to money drain and potential life threats. He didn't think the "good Samaritan" laws would help him in this case.

A cough echoed through the stairs. Chase's attention quickly snapped to the injured man. Was the cough a symptom of poisoning? Allergy? Or was he going into some form of cardiac arrest? God damn it. They were only one flight of stairs away from the third floor.

Instead of any semblance of extreme paling or blood regurgitation, the male spoke. Yuyami... Akiji? That one-eyed grump? Eeesh. Chase had wanted to avoid talking to him for as long as he can, because the Japanese male seemed to be the type to ridicule others for making simple mistakes. "I will see what I can do," he responded. "There is no guarantee that Akiji is in today though." The Ravenclaw wondered if the guy was the type to argue against reason and demand to be only treated by a certain healer.

On the third floor, Chase didn't wait before flagging down a nurse and requesting for Healer Akiji's presence. He was fully prepared to be screamed at for randomly bringing in a patient, but anyone can glance at the injured in question and conclude that he was in dire need of medical attention. As a result, the first words spilled forth was, "You can chastise me later, but can we please treat him first?"

{ooc; have Chase bullshit o3o}

I know I just need to try, no matter the result. Try again and again, until I get it right.

Lady Pomegranates

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:03 pm
User Image
xx➤ ➤ ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ●

From the depths of the shadows two golden eyes stares back...

Y U Y A M I x A K I J I
                                                        p u r e b l o o d xxxxxxxx h e a l e r xxxxxxxx w e b x m a s t e r

... The eyes that watched the play with threads in its grasp.

Yuyami was many things, but rested was not one of them. In fact, he was stressed, anxious, and especially annoyed. How so? One, it was his personality to be the walking personification of grump. Two, he just treated a patient who had ingested questionable vegetables (poison ivy) because they didn't know any better. Normally, Yuyami would nod and say nothing, but not this guy. Two weeks ago, the healer had specifically told said male to not eat any questionable foods, specifically poisonous plants. Sure, the guy may have accidentally ingested said herbs, but that hypothesis was thrown out the window when he said, "I wanted to see how my body would react if I ate what you told me to not eat."

Yeah, that pissed Yuyami off.

He could use his time to treat patients who aren't stupid. Gosh, why was it his job to keep morons in the gene pool?

A nurse found him in the halls, and told him of an emergency. What could it be? Rushing over, Yuyami noticed his younger brother, bleeding profusely, with one of the newbies. It took his darn hardest not to facepalm. No, no, Yuyami shouldn't jump to conclusions. After all, anyone could accidentally cut themselves (really badly) and seek out a healer who specialized in potions and plants to look at it. It didn't exactly add up. It seemed fishy. But, eh, the plants in the wizarding world weren't exactly docile. "What's the situation?" Yuyami inquired the younger healer.

When Chase explained that he didn't know much, just that Nowaki was arguing with the receptionist (he should apologize to the poor lady later) and requested for Yuyami. The older healer glanced at Nowaki and smiled. Oh, this wasn't his "job smile" or "I'm happy" smile, but his, "I'm pissed so you better explain to me how you got yourself in this situation" smile. You could say that Yuyami was peeved that Nowaki even got himself hurt in the first place.

It was his way of showing that he cared.

{ooc; have Yuyabutt bullshit o3o I'm unsure if you like how Yuyami semi-inherently knew something was up or not--just jab me if you don't and i'll edit}

Lady Pomegranates

T h e x f o x x b o r n x i n x t h e x s h a d o w s x o f x t h e x d a r k n e s s .

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Object of Affection 150

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:50 pm
User ImageUser Image

To say he wasn't waiting for a reaction, or expecting one really, really promptly would be a lie, Nowaki decided. Cradling both bloody hands of his closer to his body- - - well, one originally bloody hand a a bloody-by-association hand- - - the Asian didn't have to wait long, he got his desired result just a few moments after his first cough, which was nice, really, knowing that somoene at least cared enough to not let him die in the middle of a hallway. Speaking of which, that would have caused such a beautiful fuss, especially since Yuyami was one of the staff in the place. Maybe he should go that way, he pondered, trying to decide on a good way to die. He was getting carried away. Anyway.

The youngest Akiji listened to his current companion's words, taking in the neutral tone as they walked. He didn't really worry about the first part, the 'I'll see what I can do-thing' since he was almost certain that wouldn't be a problem. It would not be very good on Yuya to let him die, after all. They were still family, or, well, at least Nowaki thought they were. It was hard to tell with them sometimes, or, again, at least on Nowaki's part. It wasn't that they didn't show it, perhaps they did, and he just couldn't really see it. Listening in more on the latter part of the healer's statement, the younger shook his head, clutching the bumpy skin of his wrist a bit tighter as he shot the other a smile. "Oh, he is," he commented - - - confirmed- - - absently, turning to his companion as if it was him who needed reassurance. That was probably a backwards move. "There, I mean," he added, referring to his brother. Yuyami wasn't much of an extrovert, that he knew of, and he wasn't at the compound, so he should be at work. To his knowledge, he only ever went there on a regular basis, anyway.

He didn't have much time to say anything else before the healer flagged down another nurse's attention, watching as the long-haired brunette he was with gave instructions to the subordinate requesting his brother's presence. Well, at least it was going to be soon. He probably should have thought this through a little better. Pretty soon, Nowaki spotted the familiar figure of his brother as he rushed over, biting back a laugh as he noticed his expression. Hrm, hrm, he knew that face! It was the exasperated one he always had when Nowaki did something stupid and Yuya was whiffing out the suspicion. Keeping quiet at the side as both healers did their healer-communication thing, he looked around, taking in the whitewashed walls and the whole surrounding as he waited for it to finish. Also, Yuyami was in lime green, and it was hilarious. Had no one ever told them their uniforms sucked? he marveled, looking over just as they seemed to be getting to the tail-end of their conversation.

That smile though.

"'s'not my fault!" he defended himself, okay, total lie, but even if he didn't say it, he was sure his brother would figure it out anyway- - - he could only hope he wouldn't be murdered too brutally. "The rosebushes at home are infected and moving prolifically," he pointed out, referring to the live and pretty aggressive plants back at the estate. It was plausible enough, anyhow, despite the crap excuse it seemed to be. At least, he thought it was.

_ _ _ _____________________________________________

o o cxx;;xx IT'S OKAY, I LOVE IT

Utsuha Moon

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

St Mungo's Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers