Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply St Mungo's Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries
Spell Damage (Sixth Floor) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:52 pm
User ImageUser Image 

♫ Pureblood ♫ Fourth Year ♫ Single ♫

After I've cried my ℓαṡτ, there'll be ๒єคยҭұ from pain 
                                                        And though I can't
                                                        υи∂εяṡταи∂ why this ђคקקєภє๔ 
                                                        I ќиøω that I will when I look back ร๏๓є๔คұ

Verily smiled brightly when he agreed to her demands. She knew she wouldn't have given up until he agreed.... or she would have just dragged him off with her anyways. Either way, he would have come to her house. As soon as Darius was in the bathroom, she backed off. She glanced down at her hands and wrinkled her nose. They were covered in his blood. Both from him kissing her hand, and from her holding his face while she fixed his nose. She quickly disappeared into the ladies room to wash the blood from her hands and was back out in the hall long before Darius was. She leaned against a wall opposite the bathrooms.

A few moments later Darius appeared from the men's room..... wearing no shirt. A blush automatically crawled onto her cheeks and she toyed with a strand of her hair awkwardly. She gave him a nervous smile, her eye immediately drawn to the scar across his chest. Without thinking about she stepped forward to examine the scar better and frowned.
                                                        "He did this to you.... didn't he?" She asked in a low growl, her fingers trailing over the scar as her anger simmered just beneath the surface. Sure she had never had much respect for Virgil.... but he had dropped lower than she ever expected tonight.

Here I am at the єภ๔ of me. Tryin' to hold to what I can't ṡεε  
                                                        I forgot how to ђ๏קє. This night's been so ℓøиģ 
                                                        I cling to Your קг๏๓เรє. There will be a ∂αωи 
                                                        Though it won't be ҭ๏ค๔ұ, someday I'll нøρε again

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:06 am
User ImageUser Image

Halfblood Fourth Year Single

Please just follow me. I thought you wanted me.
                                                          Cause I
                                                          want you all to myself. Make me feel

Darius saw her blush and he smiled. She was so cute when she blushed, he was going to have to torment her more like this.

His smile turned to a frown as she saw his scar and he looked away when she ask him if Virgil caused it. He nodded a bit and held her close to him."Don't worry about it, with my family I'm lucky to have only one scar."He ran his hand though her red hair. He wanted to touch her for so long that it seemed like a dream to be so close to her. He heard his sister yelling at Virgil and saying some mean things then a few moments later Virgil ran out past the two like they where not there. If she said that to her own twin who she loved all her life she must despise him. "We should go Jaz is awake from the sounds of it and is in no mood to see me... "

OOC: ...

I'm under the gun, you're the only one.I just can't decide what I'm running from.
                                                          This isn't what I
                                                          wanted, but I can't keep my filthy

Xistund

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:44 am
User ImageUser Image 

And though I can't

Ver saw the smile on his face at her blush and wanted to thwack him. It wasn't her fault he was half naked! She tugged on a strand of her hair awkwardly and settled with just rolling her eyes at him, her blush still ever present. She sighed at his confirmation of the scar and curled her body close to his, sliding her arms around him gently. She hummed softly as his hand slid through her hair. She hadn't realized just how much she had missed him. He was and always would be her best friend.

She froze slightly as Virgil ran past them. She may dislike him more than anything, but she honestly felt bad for him. When Elli was mad at her, it was like the end of the world. She couldn't imagine how Virgil felt right now. She nodded slowly at Darius' words though.
                                                        "Yeah..." She whispered quietly. As much as she didn't want too, Verily detached herself from Darius and slid out of his arms. She chewed on her lip, looking up at him silently for a few moments, before offering her hand to him with a tiny smile. Ver wasn't sure what any of this meant, but she was just glad they were talking again. She had missed Darius and she had missed having a friend. Recently she had always been alone and it sucked more than she would ever admit. "I'm sorry I hurt you." She whispered as he took her hand and they started off towards the closest fireplace to floo to her house. "And I'm sorry I ever thought anyone could be better than you. You're the best thing that's ever happened to me."

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:38 pm
User ImageUser Image

Halfblood Fourth Year Single

Please just follow me. I thought you wanted me.
                                                          Cause I
                                                          want you all to myself. Make me feel

Darius held on to her hand, she a had soft hands for a beater. He looked at her as she said she was sorry. "Shhhh, its in the past, the only thing that matters now is the here and now."

He closed his hand on to hers as he got ready to jump in the fireplace

OOC: ...

I'm under the gun, you're the only one.I just can't decide what I'm running from.
                                                          This isn't what I
                                                          wanted, but I can't keep my filthy

Xistund

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:51 pm
User ImageUser Image 

And though I can't

Ver blinked at Darius as he comforted her and smiled gently. He always was there for her. He was always making her feel better, no matter what she had done to him or anyone around herself in general. She nodded her head slowly at his words. "Here and now." She whispered with a soft smile at him. She turned and took a pinch of floo powder in her hand.

"McHalen Manor." She said clearly as she threw down the powder and green flames erupted in the fire place. She tugged Darius gently into the flames and held his hand securely as they both swirled away in a whirl of emeralds. He was right. She couldn't change the past, but she could change how her future was going to play out. If she had her way, she'd have Darius standing next to her the whole way. She wasn't going anywhere until he told her too leave.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:22 pm
So you wanna call me the devils' advocate
But you don't even know the half of it
I was raised to believe in miracles
My life is so cold
User Image
Annabelle Emery Rich
Owner of Blaze of Glory: Dueling Range
╔════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄══════════════════╗
[Begin Scene: Late, Winter Night]

”No-oo-o!” Her choked, dry sobs burst into the vicinity, followed by a sharp, jolting pop! It couldn’t have been more than twenty minutes ago that it all happened, but it flew so quickly, it spun her around and tangled her in the web and she lost all sense of time, being strung up like that. She barely made it home, but she did, and she did it in pieces. But she knew she couldn’t stay there, not long. So she apparated, just once more. Blood flooded from the open wound and swam through what was left of her torn, fur trimmed jacket and it spilt out onto the floor in a thick puddle. Her fingers tried to squeeze it all in, tried to bind the flesh together, struggled to keep the muscle and grit inside of her.

When she apparated in, she fell to her knees and cried. The tears intermingled with the blood as they plopped down in fat drops to the tile floor that had once been such an illustrious luster of white. The small sac of thin, veener flesh was still intact inside of her, and nestled the small, speck of life dutifully, though it threatened to all come loose if she moved too suddenly. ”Please-!” Her words choked, and she couldn’t speak. She was missing an eyebrow, along with every single follicle of her eyelashes in her last apparation here from her home. She’d never had trouble apparating before, but she’d never had to focus on the lives of two, either.

Fashionably: Bundled Up
Troubles: Panicked, wild, fear.

╚══════════════════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄════╝

”The Forgotten Weasley”

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:35 pm
Oh the river, oh the river, it’s running free.
And oh the joy, oh the joy it brings to me.
But I know it’ll have to drown me,
Before I can breathe easy
And I’ve seen it in the flights of birds,
I’ve seen it in you.
The entrails of the animals,
The blood running through.

User Image
Cora Mercy Walsh
~ Mother of Six ~ Healer ~ Former Pureblood Gryffindor ~
{feeling: concerned} {thinking: what happened?} {with: Belle} {at: St. Mungo's}

Cora had seen a lot of horrible things in her thirty eight years. She was a Healer, and that involved, more often than not, working with blood and guts and sometimes corpses. But the sight of the young woman kneeling on the floor in near hysteria, clutching at her stomach and sobbing, made her freeze in her purposeful strides. Her coat was torn to bits and blood was dripping everywhere. She was also missing both her eyebrows and as Cora forced herself to walk closer, her eyelashes as well, upon closer inspection. Definite signs of an apparation gone wrong. The blonde swallowed hard and yelled for several nearby mediwizards, crouching beside the young woman, well girl, really, she couldn't have been older than twenty. "I'm here, sweetheart, I'm here," she soothed. "We're going to help you, but I need to see what happened here, alright?" she gently tried to pry the girl's hands away for a moment, and was unable to stop the harsh gasp that ripped forth from her throat. Was it possible- No, surely not, but.... "You- You're not pregnant, are you?" she asked urgently, putting her own hands over the wound in an effort to contain the bleeding.

The phrase "working mother" is redundant.

Essy ze Ninja

On the sea, on the sea and land over land.
Creeping and crawling like the sea over sand.
Still I follow heartlines on your hand.
And there’s fantasy, there’s fallacy, there’s tumbling stone.
Echoes of a city that’s long overgrown.
Your heart is the only place that I call home,
I cannot be returned.
I know you can…

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:20 pm
My life is so cold
User Image
Annabelle Emery Rich

Annabelle barely heard the voice, but its comforting tones enveloped her, threatened to soothe her frayed mind, if she’d let it. But her frantic speech and slurred words rushed out all in once, incomprehensible, even to her own ears. It only made her cry harder, her body racked in dry sobs as the tears drained dry on her cheeks and matted in, leaving specs of dried salt to blemish her features. At first, she fought. Weak, struggling arms didn’t dare to move away from her belly, but finally, she relented and it only seemed to make matters worse. The horrific realization and the stunning memories were too much for her to take.

Light, pale green eyes stared up at her in frenzy, and flashed up and down between those motherly eyes and her own mess of life. She almost seemed too gone from here to understand, or to at least to truly respond. But all at once, she lost hope and her eyes dimmed and she barely choked out a response. ”Yeeesss...!” The tears sprouted once again, and all she could think about was how just just left him there, all alone.

Troubles: Panicked, wild fear.

”The Forgotten Weasley”

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:15 pm
I’ve seen it in you.

User Image
Cora Mercy Walsh

Cora exhaled sharply. This was not good. Not good at all. Pregnant women were generally advised not to apparate because of the risks of splinching and what not, but it was clear the poor girl had had no choice. Something terrible had happened. The girl was frantic now, eyes wild. Sh, sh." Cora hushed her, trying to keep her voice calm and relaxed. "We can't help you or the baby-" Oh, Merlin, the baby, she felt her heart wrench inside of her. "If you don't calm down. You're safe here. I'm here, okay?" Her voice came dangerously close to cracking. She wrapped her arms around the girl as gently as possible, trying to avoid her bloody hands getting on her though. She needed gloves. "My name is Cora. What's yours?" She wanted to ask more, to figure out just what had happened, but she couldn't overwhelm the girl with an interrogation just now. She released the girl from her embrace and stood slowly. "Keep your hands on the wound, honey. We need to stop the bleeding and take a look." Her green eyes alighted on a nervous young mediwizard. "You, come on and levitate her. We need to get her in a hospital bed." They nodded and cast a meek levicorpus. Cora walked along side her, murmuring comforting words. "Where did you apparate from, sweetheart?"

Essy ze Ninja

I cannot be returned.
I know you can…

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:34 pm
My life is so cold
User Image
Annabelle Emery Rich

She heard Cora, barely. The words faded in and out of context, they echoed in waves that she could almost see, could almost touch, but would be damned if she heard it. Her mind was swimming. The sight of the dementor flashed in her mind and her body convulsed instinctively, despite how hard she tried to calm herself. Even as she steadied her breathing, forced them into a repetitive and tedious task, she saw it still. The whole scenes flashed in her mind, over and over again, and every time, Devin’s soulless body stared up at her through glossy, numb glass eyes. Cora, Cora, Cora. The name thundered in her mind, off beat and in rhythm all at once. ”Huh?” She blinked away the night starry sky, they shadows of the forest, the greedy ghastly hands and that gaping, rotten hole. ”Belle!” She finally burst out, almost as if she’d forgotten. ”Annabelle. Rich. I’m Belle.” She spurted out in between heavy gasps.

Green eyes blinked rapidly as she fought for control of herself, and her arms wrapped protectively over her frail belly, or what was left of it, choking back the sobs as deftly as the blood. ”Home.” Frantic, she could barely be heard through the chatter of her teeth as her flesh drained pale. ”Work. No. Home- no. School. No.” Her vision was swimming and she could barely recall what she was even trying to think of. ”I don’t knooow,” but soon, she was off of her feet as the levitation charm took place and she was rushed away.

Troubles: Panicked, wild fear.

”The Forgotten Weasley”

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:59 pm
I’ve seen it in you.

User Image
Cora Mercy Walsh

Cora stood outside the door of the room the young woman was currently in. Her wounds had been taken care of, but there had been nothing they could do for the unborn child. It was gone. And now she had to tell the poor girl that. She'd said her name was Belle, but she'd been too confused and panicked to remember where she'd come from. None of that mattered right now, though. The blonde Healer took a hesitant step towards the entrance of the room before freezing. How did you break the news of something like this? How did you tell someone that their baby was never going to be born? She had six children herself. She'd only given birth to two of them but they were all her blood children, as far as she was concerned. And if anything were to happen to any of them - Uriel, and her throat tightened. He was still sleeping. Just sleeping, they told her. She was worried about never seeing his beautiful blue eyes open again. Her little boy... But this wasn't the time or place to fret over her son, as she had to do this. Better to tell her now rather than later. She took a deep breath and entered the room, quietly approaching the bed. "Hello Belle. I hope you're feeling better." she tried her best to give her a soft smile. "You're going to be okay now. I don't think you'll even have to stay here very long, at the rate of your recovery." She swallowed hard. "You're a very tough girl, managing to make it here in the shape you were in." She forced herself to look the girl in the eyes, and sat down next to the bed. "But I have something to tell you. I'm so, so sorry. I promise, we did everything we could, but.." she trailed off, looking pained, but continued. "The baby... The baby didn't make it." Cora closed her eyes for a moment, only able to imagine what Belle might be feeling right now.

Essy ze Ninja

I cannot be returned.
I know you can…

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:00 pm
My life is so cold
User Image
Annabelle Emery Rich
[Summer 2023]

She felt it; she knew it was coming before she really knew. And idly, she wondered if all mothers felt this, this knowing sensation, and that no matter how hard it couldn’t be stopped. She was calm, calmer, maybe even too calm by the extent of things, but, it was how she learned to handle her emotions, which was by not handling them at all. A pale, gaunt look caressed her flesh, and a ghostly presence clung to her expressionless face. She might as well have already been dead. The nurse sifted quietly, almost gliding on air, because Belle had never heard her approach until she’d begun to speak. The young blonde almost jumped out of her skin, her paranoia and anxiety was already getting the better of her. ”Oh,” she said softly, almost impassively, like she hadn’t heard the healer’s words at all. It wasn’t until Cora finally broke, and placed the delicate thread of information down for Belle to revel in, to drown in, whichever came first.

”Oh.” Barely a whisper, she didn’t know what else to say. All night, all she could think about was how she just left him. How she’d frozen up, how she didn’t do anything to help! And that, for a split second, she knew all she would have left of Devin, would be the baby….

But she wouldn’t even have that, would she? She supposed she should be sad, should cry, or be angry and shout and yell and blame the world. But she felt nothing. Or at least, that’s what she thought. It was all too much to take in, she was numb. If Cora spoke again, Belle wouldn’t answer, couldn’t even so much as respond. She waited, until the nurses agreed she was safe to leave and then she left without much of another word.

[End Scene]
Troubles: Numb Resolution

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:35 pm
User Image
                                                          Every time when I look in the mirror
                                                          All these lines on my face getting clearer
                                                          The past is gone
                                                          It went by, like dusk to dawn
                                                          Isn't that the way
                                                          Everybody's got the dues in life to pay

User Image

════════════════════════

Щїzєиgaмот Mёмвєґ |ᚨ| PцяёЬlооd |ᚨ| Dцям$тяaиg Alцмиї

════════════════════════

Olan apparated to the ministry, the scene he found at home and his youngest son's health heavy on his mind. Balder was at this moment unconscious from blood loss, and Olan was afraid that the boy's shallow breathing would halt altogether. Olan had enough experience in the dark arts to recognize the signs of dark magic, but nothing to repair the damage. That was Frida's speciality, and she was at Hogwarts as a nurse. Honestly the scene disturbed him, having come home from work with Magni and finding Luke and Balder before the study, both as white as sheet for different reasons, and both covered in blood. Magni was currently taking Luke to the ministry for questioning, while he had the unenviable task of taking Balder to the hospital. He was certain that Balder never weighed this little, even as a baby, but that might be the fact he was too busy freaking over the fact his youngest was dying in his arms.

Clutching Balder to him, he was thankful that Gobri had appeared as soon as he did to help wrap something around Balder so he could be moved. Now he needed to get a healer's attention.
                                                          "Hello? Is anyone available? My son, he needs immediate attention, please!" Olan would freak out later. Currently he had a job to do, and was certain that after he had a freak out, he would find the person responsible for this.

════════════════════════

Location: St. Mungo's Spell Damage Floor
                                                          Thinking: Someone, anyone, help my son!
                                                          OOC:

Half my life
                                                          Is books, written pages
                                                          Live and learn from fools and
                                                          From sages
                                                          You know it's true, oh
                                                          All these feelings come back to you

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:59 pm
Hold up, hold on, don't be scared.
You'll never change what's been and gone.
'Cause all of the stars are fading away...
Just try not to worry; you'll see them some day.
Take what you need, and be on your way-
And stop crying your heart out...

User Image
C O R A
M E R C Y
W A L S H

Former GryffindorSt. Mungo's HealerPurebloodMother

Cora had been about to go officially off duty, but even if she'd been on a break she'd still have immediately stepped in, as would, she assumed, any healer worth their wand. Spell damage was generally not pretty. People didn't always realize that magic gone awry- or as awry as intended- could be just as nasty as any "savage" muggle acts of violence. Magic was not always so light and refined and civilized as people made it out to be. Anyways, the massive man holding the very small, very still child was not hard to miss. Cora darted across the floor, wand already out. She didn't like healing children, especially badly injured children. It struck a bit too close to her heart, which she kept carefully on lock down at work. She could not afford to be reminded of her kids when she was trying to save lives. But whether or not she liked it, she had to try to save this boy. "I'm here," she said calmly, "What spell? Do you know? Sectumsempra? Crucio?" She didn't ask what the exact circumstances of a child being hit by obvious dark magic were in this situation. He could have wandered in the midst of an ugly fight, this could be a case of familial abuse, or any other number of things. The fact that he was roughly around the same age, probably a bit younger, than Thea had been when she died could not affect her right now. It couldn't. Her daughter was gone. This boy was still breathing. "Revelio injurious," she muttered. "Djúpr veita." It was not working as fast as she would have liked, but it was hard to cast spells on him when he was cradled in the obviously distressed man's arms. She didn't dare move him too roughly by trying to levitate him herself. Better that he be carried. "Follow me, now," she said sharply, having no qualms about ordering anyone about right now, least of all intimidating men at least thrice her size. "Someone get the door!" she called, and another healer held it open as she rushed into an exam room. "Put him down on the table, and then please step back. How old is he? Seven or eight? And your name?" She was concerned about all the blood. "Tergeo," she chanted, running her wand over him, siphoning it off. She pushed up her sleeves, and grimly set to work.

OOC:
Diamond Wales

Get up, come on, why're you scared?
You'll never change what's been and gone.
We're all of us stars; we're fading away.
Just try not to worry, you'll see us some day.
Take what you need, and be on your way-
And stop crying your heart out...

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:34 pm
User Image
                                                          Every time when I look in the mirror
                                                          All these lines on my face getting clearer
                                                          The past is gone
                                                          It went by, like dusk to dawn
                                                          Isn't that the way
                                                          Everybody's got the dues in life to pay

User Image

════════════════════════

Щїzєиgaмот Mёмвєґ |ᚨ| PцяёЬlооd |ᚨ| Dцям$тяaиg Alцмиї

════════════════════════

Olan breathed a sigh of relief as a healer stepped forward to start examining Balder. When she started asking rapid-fire questions, Olan suddenly got the impression he was in the hot seat in the middle of a courtroom, thankfully with no chains. Hopefully. As it was, he shook his head, knowing that some dark magic had been cursed, but unsure as to precisely which spell. All he had to go off of was his knowledge of what he learned in school and cases brought before the Wizengamut. "I'm not sure. Might be a sectumsempra from the way it looks, but I wasn't present when it was cast. I recognise the signature, if that helps, of dark magic, but that's about all."

Olan followed the woman at her instructions into the exam room, carefully laying Balder out. He stroked his hair once before stepping back, not wanting to leave the room, but not wanting to get in the healers' way. When she asked his age, his mouth formed a thin line. He expected that Magni would get damage like this, but not a seven year old child. Magni was in a dangerous vocation. Balder should have been safe at home."He's Balder Borson, age seven, and I am his father, Olan. I don't know how much information other than that I can give, however, I am sure my oldest will be along soon if he discovers something that can help." Perhaps with the perpetrator's head on a pike. That would do nicely for a start.

════════════════════════

Location: St. Mungo's Spell Damage Floor
                                                          Thinking: Someone, anyone, help my son!
                                                          OOC:

Half my life
                                                          Is books, written pages
                                                          Live and learn from fools and
                                                          From sages
                                                          You know it's true, oh
                                                          All these feelings come back to you

The Forgotten Weasley

St Mungo's Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces