Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply St Mungo's Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries
Visitors' Tearoom and Hospital Shop (Seventh Floor) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:42 pm
User ImageXXXXXXXXUser Image

XXXGryffin dor Alu m niXXX⒧⒪⒱⒤⒩⒢ Echo LovetteXXXαиιмαɢυs

I was scared of dentists and the dark
I was scared of pretty girls and starting conversations
Oh, all my friends are turning green
You're the magician's assistant in their dreams

Tanya walked off the lift to one of the few places in the hospital she frequented for her usual lunch with David. She'd gotten over the weirdness that she and him were friends (it hit every now and then, especially when he would nerd out over his family and flap pictures of his baby in her face) but if she could get over the fact that her little Cookie was graduating in a few months and that her littlest brother was about to go into primary soon...well...this didn't even make the top ten list! Hell her top five probably consisted of the fact that she was going to be married in a little more than a month. Granted, it was to one of her best friends and she loved him dearly, madly, completely, but she was allowed to be slightly freaked out. Or maybe she wasn't considering she was the one who proposed in the first place. Either way she felt the butterflies of their impending wedding flutter inside every time she thought of it, which she most assuredly should not be thinking about but instead be thinking of what thing she wanted for lunch. In the end she just chose a sandwich, an apple, and some tea even though she was eyeing one of the cupcakes furiously. No! Bad Tanya! Wedding in a little under two months you can not go on a sugar binge right now the dress is fitted dammit! With a tiny whimper she grabbed her food and looked for a bit to spot David seeing him at their usual table before she plopped into the seat across from him. "Do you think one cupcake would ruin a fitted dress?" she asked him randomly before taking a bite out her sandwich. Technically if she were really stringent she would've gotten a salad or something but she'd been good this week and dammit she wanted bread! Andquitepossiblyacupcake.

mc2

Lady, running down to the riptide
Taken away to the dark side
I wanna be your left hand man
I love you when you're singing that song and
I got a lump in my throat because
You're gonna sing the words wrong

WearingWhere: Tea roomWith: DavidThinking: One won't kill me, right? Right.OOC

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:53 pm
User Image

David Sinclair Avery
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------

David nodded to Tanya as she took a seat across him and when asked about the cupcake he answered, "Depends on how many calories are in the cupcake and if you plan to cut those calories out somewhere else sometime during the day or the week. However, it has been found that sugar is addicting," David answered taking a sip of his tea. "You could always charm the dress to go up a size or so if you had to."

David mused as he took a bite of his sandwich, "They say that you can only taste the first few bites of food to its full appreciation so you wouldn't have to eat the whole cupcake. Being pushed to eat everything on your plate is a horrid habit to teach people anyways." He paused realizing that his more analytical answer to the question might not have been the most welcome. He knew enough from Cathy that worrying about your weight was normal and there were plenty of women (and men) who had gone to his Dad's clinic for liposuction. Suggesting that as a way of countering any cupcakes, David was sure was a good way to get punched, as most people didn't grow up talking about surgical means for beauty as if discussing designing a sculpture.

"Speaking of the dress, how is the wedding planning going? Only about a month left, right?" David asked, raising a brow.
Time: Autumn 2032
Looking: like a healer

{OoC: }
Yukina101

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:09 pm

Tanya pouted at David's answer as she chewed her bite of her sandwich. "But I'm already eating bread and that probably has more calories than that cupcake over there. And glucose is a sugar!" she whined before just rolling his eyes at his stupid yet somewhat logical debate that she could just charm her dress. "If you think it's that easy, I want you to be the one who tells my godmother to charm my dress a size up because I ate a few cupcakes. Bet you all she'll hear is 'charm' and 'dress' and she'll think you're talking shite and try to stab you with her sewing needles." The young woman shuddered. Her Aunt Fi had been a godsend when it came to this wedding, mainly because she didn't really have to go dress shopping for her and her bridesmaids, she just had to go to the older woman and basically just lay her life in her impressively amazing hands. Goddess knows she went above and beyond the call of duty. She rolled her eyes again as David went on one of his usual short logical tangents over food and people's health having gotten used to turning him out. However when he asked about the wedding she offered a nervous grin and shrug as she added sugar to her cup of tea. "More like a month and a handful of weeks since it's the thirty-first but yeah, it's pretty soon. As for the planning I'm pretty tapped out for the most part. Everything pretty set: invites were sent out, people rsvp'd, I'm still working through the endless list of party favors and the biggest hurdle I really have to look at is if it rains. So yeah, sortakindamaybe freaking out just a bit." Tanya admitted with a shaky chuckle.

mc2

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:21 pm
User Image

David Sinclair Avery
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

David raised a brow at Tanya and said, "Actually bread tends to have less calories than cupcakes and glucose metabolizes differently than pure sugar." He didn't say anything more as Tanya had already rolled his eyes at the tangent he had went on a minute ago about diets. He smiled and said, "As long as she only tries to and doesn't actually stab you I don't see the problem. She sounds absolutely charming compared to my grandmother. Well both of them to be honest."

He nodded as she answered about the wedding and said, "That's good. And one of the options for rain is to have an alternative venue. I did for my wedding. We could have had it in the ballroom of the manor as well. Or you could use a shield charm... well several... if it did start to rain. Just a thought," David added with a shrug.

"You have a theme wedding right? I feel like those are harder to plan. What was the theme again? Something about Christmas and Halloween? Sorry, I haven't looked at the invitation lately, I've been busy with Leah and Christopher," David said.

Yukina101

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:52 pm

Tanya just gave her friend a flat stare as he broke down the differences between the cupcake and bread from her sandwich asking herself why she set herself up for this knowing David the way she did. She did however snort in amusement when he countered her reply by stating if her godmother only tried than there wasn't really a problem before comparing her to his grandmother. She had tried to stay away from the more preachy excerpts of the paper when the whole ordeal with his family had been tossed about but she had met them in person at his own wedding so she felt she could give an opinion. "A bowl of pickled eggplant is more charming than your grandparents. And my in-laws for that matter. It's horrid but I sort of hope they kick the bucket between now and the actual wedding date but then I hope they don't so I can see the look of pure disgust on their faces when they see the wedding decor. Too bad it won't be enough to actually kill them. I mean, if they could survive Gypsy's wedding, they're practically cockroaches." she told him with a short shrug not even noticing an older lady had look positively scandalized by her talking of familicide. Technically they were her in laws though, was there a word for that? She'd look it up later, or just ask Echo. He'd be the one to know that sort of odd murder knowledge. At his suggestion that they have an alternate venue she waved away his concerns and ideas as she sipped her tea with a slight grimace. They always made it too weak here. "We have some borrowed wizard tents if it does happen to rain and on the off chance that the tents aren't enough we've got a space all ready for us, though it won't be nearly as pretty there as the current venue." Plus she was sure she'd curl up and die if they did have to move to the second venue after slaving away at making all those lanterns for the tables and trees. David's question about the theme though had Tanya laughing a bit since since it sort of reminded her of the absentminded Ravenclaw she knew of him from school but also made her feel a bit of sympathy when he mentioned his little sister and son. "Its 'Nightmare Before Christmas' and that's only a little bit of the theme. Mostly it's just zombies and nature and the like. Anything other than orange really; an orange Halloween wedding is just so unoriginal. And how is your little sister by the way? She settled in alright?" she asked sympathetically. She couldn't imagine what he had to be feeling and dealing with; suddenly being the guardian to his little sister, his father's murder (by his grandparents no less!), all just a few years after his mother's...it sort of made sense as to why he seemed like such an expressionless arse at school. Well to her at least, obviously Leo saw something in him she missed. Thankfully because ew, just no thanks. Objectively, she could see he was sort of good looking, even if he was hella baby-faced, but he was nothing to compared Echo. No offense David she tacked on quietly in her mind though she knew if she said it aloud the man would just agree and they'd spend the rest of lunch mentally ogling her fiance. Again.

mc2

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:22 pm
User Image

David Sinclair Avery

David raised a brow in innocent challenge when Tanya gave him a deadpan stare when he began to debate nutrition. To be fair, Tanya should have known better than to ask him his opinion on the matter. He was raised by a surgeon who had graduated from one of the best if not the best university for medical studies in the UK and now was a healer. He didn't have it in him to not be anything but brutally honest about a question regarding health. David nodded though as the subject of grandparents came up. He had to smile when she mentioned her future in-laws. The elder Lovettes were awful and unlike the type who might go on a muggleborn slaying spree they were the quiet purist type who had the audacity to mix God in their hatred. It wasn't only disgusting but illogical and in many ways irritated him more than his grandparents' hatred of what wasn't pure. As an older lady glanced over at them looking horrified, David gave her a polite nod and replied to Tanya, "Maybe Gypsy's wedding weakened their heart so they are just waiting for the next big shock to do them in. And even cockroaches die eventually."

He took a sip of his tea and nodded as Tanya explained her back up plan. He was sure the Averys would have locked him in the basement for the three months at the very least if he had so much as mentioned the idea of wizard tents. In some ways it was nice to have someone else dictate the details of the wedding but in other ways he wondered if he robbed Leo some of her right as a bride in that his grandparents had been so involved in the wedding planning. At least now he didn't have to worry about them. And Wendy could have the creepy manor all he cared. He had no use for it.

"Nightmare Before Christmas, right," David said, "I really should get around to watching it, though I don't know how children friendly it is. Which little sister was it you are asking about?" He asked with half a laugh. "Leah is doing alright. She has her quirks... though with my family tree a few quirks aren't exactly surprising. I signed her up for ballet she's enjoying that. Right now she's on a James and the Giant Peach and Fantasia kick. At least I will know she won't grow up scared of spiders," He added with a roll of his eyes. "Cathy, though, she's well Cathy. She got a spot on the English Quidditch Team so your step sister has been keeping her busy. It's a good thing, I assure you."

Yukina101

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:58 pm

Tanya tried not to snort again at David's none-too-innocent eyebrow raise but she found her lips twitching upwards against her will and decided to take another bite of her sandwich in protest. She did give into the urge later when he gave his hypothesis that maybe Gypsy's wedding had weakened them enough that her's and Echo's would finish them off. One could only dream she supposed. "Some don't die quickly enough." she muttered to herself as she washed her bite down with a sip of tea. She shouldn't have been shocked at hearing the man hadn't seen NBX before though she scoffed at his inflection that it wasn't child friendly. Granted, after some marathons with Echo she could concede that just because things were animated didn't mean they were for kids. Japan had some sick issues it needs to work out for itself. "It's totally kid friendly! I mean...there's like....some kidnapping, assault with nuclear devices, some serious mental scarring, and one cartoonish death but everything else is fine!" she tried to reason about her favorite movie but after naming everything she could sort of see his point. She hadn't seen anything wrong with it, then again she had been eleven when she first read the book and twelve when she finally saw the movie. By that time she was old enough to know that everything couldn't really happen, his little sister on the other hand..."Maybe you should wait a bit before letting her watch it?" Tanya suggested with a sheepish grin and chuckle. She nodded along as he spoke of both his little sisters, cooing at how adorable it was that David had signed the youngest up for ballet and at her favorite movies. "See no, if she can watch a movie about an emotionally abused boy in a giant peach with a black widow she can watch a movie about a skeleton who just wants to be Santa Claus." she argued taking another deep bite of her sandwich to punctuate her words. She nearly choked on it a few seconds later when he mentioned that Cathy got a spot on the English team with Tria and she sent a silent prayer of patience to everyone on that team. She'd given up trying to pray patience into her older sister, it never really worked out too well for whoever was involved. "I guess it's a good thing she's doing what she wants but honestly? You should probably warn her to tone it down a bit because Tria gives negative ********. Like seriously, she has made making people cry into an Olympic sport in which there is no hope of anyone stealing the gold away from her. If I'm really honest, I think that's why her husband loves her, in a sick twisted way." Sick and twisted in that he's attracted to how scary she can be, not that he's attracted to her. Having met the humongous Borson and seen how he was with Eretria she knew he wasn't stupid enough to try and throw away the best thing that would ever happen to him. Not if he wanted to keep living anyway, her sister was fecking terrifying.

mc2

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:03 am
User Image

David Sinclair Avery

"Very true," David agreed when Tanya pointed out that some people didn't die soon enough. His grandparents were a perfect example. They were in their seventies and yet still going strong. It annoyed him as a healer because he treated plenty of people for dragon pox and the like who suffered horridly at that age and yet they were perfectly lovely people. Life wasn't fair but he already knew that. Still, if he could switch Tanya's grandparents and future in laws for his grandparents he would. At least David had gotten good in-laws, especially a very agreeable father-in-law, and considering he asked for Leo's hand when they were only 17 it was very good that Leo had an agreeable father-in-law. Even Leo's sister Mira wasn't that awful and she was the black sheep of the family in many ways. Ironically Mira was dating Tanya's younger brother.

David shook his head with a smile when Tanya tried to argue the movie's case before agreeing that he might need to wait before introducing Leah to the movie and then argued that if Leah could watch James and the Giant Peach she should be able to watch Nightmare Before Christmas. To be honest Ronald Dahl did write some truly nightmare inducing children books. However, David was pretty sure he caught his sister reading classic Grimm's fairy tales to Leah and Christopher before. It wasn't wise to shelter a child forever, though. And he did grow up as a kid watching Star Wars which had its own share of issues. "Knowing my luck that would be her new favorite movie and she'd watch it all the time," David answered, "and no offense to your taste, but personally I'm not a big fan of Christmas movies or really anything Christmas related." He suspected it was partially as a kid because he was dragged to his grandparents but also in part that having a Christmas birthday robbed him of any proper birthday. And he wasn't even Christian so he didn't see the point in celebrating the holiday besides the fact it was expected. He wasn't going to be the jerk Dad who doesn't celebrate Christmas for his kids just because he didn't actually believe in the holiday.

"Leah has odd taste, though," David added with a shrug, before the topic of Cathy came up. Tanya warned him about Tria and David shook his head with a smile, "This is Cathy we're talking about, you can't talk reason into her about anything. She's just like our Mum was, mule-headed. She's been getting better though. Though, if I find out Tria actually made Cathy cry for real there may be a bit of a problem. I hate pushy women. Or women that pushy. Obviously I have a thing for some stubbornness as I did marry Leo and she's a Gryffindor... or I could be a bit of a masochist. I never was able to decide which was the case, whether I hate stubbornness and like to make myself suffer or that I actually appreciate stubbornness to a point but only in moderation."

Yukina101

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Fuzzymelonlord

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:03 pm
User Image

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
Company
Whitney, Ha-Yun, 엄마
Mood
Worried

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

Maybe I, I can never fly

Maybe I, I cant touch the sky

Jin hated hospitals, he always had this sinking feeling in his gut whenever he entered one. He hated death, he hated feeling people around him being so close to deaths door. It was unsettling for the young boy. His father had been here for a year now, and that worried him most of all. Jin was pretty grateful that Whitney had agreed to join him and his sister during this visit. Jin loved his sister but it was comforting to have his best friend with him. He had been told that his mother was waiting for them inside the Visitor's Tearoom, so before they decided to go visit his father they made their way to the Tea room.

Entering, Jin smiled lightly as he saw his mother. The bags under her eyes seemed to be getting worse the longer that father was in here. Ha-Yun quickly dashed forward to envelope her mother in a hug. "엄마, 나는 당신을 그리워했다!" Jin smiled at his younger sister before greeting his mother as well. "엄마, 아빠는 어때요? 휘트니가 합류했으면 좋겠다." Jin spoke softly to his mother, not wanting to disturb the silence anymore than his sister already had. As he spoke, he carefully moved his hands, trying to remember the signs for what he was speaking so that Whitney would understand as well. He felt it was rather rude since he couldn't exactly lip read Korean. His mother smiled softly, gently petting Ha-Yun's hair as the girl continued to latch onto her."괜찮아. 아들. 아빠는 당신과 당신의 친구를보기 위해 위로 될 것입니다. 물론 내 작은 천사 야." At this she gently kissed the top of Ha-Yun's head. She turned her gaze to Whitney and smiled. "Thank...Thank you for caring my son. " Her English was definitely not the best so Jin made sure to sign what she truly meant. It was probably just as rough as his mother's English though.

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
                                                          OOC
                                                          1. " Mama, I missed you." 2. "Mama, how is Papa doing? I hope it's alright that Whitney joined us." 3. "It is fine Son, Papa will be comforted to see you and your friend. And of course you as well my little Angel."

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

Cara MiaKitty

St Mungo's Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas