Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Questions and Assistance
Gaia Art related question

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Somniiari

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:56 pm
I'm not sure if this belongs here but I don't want to look like a noob in the art forums, so... sweatdrop

I'm not new to art requests/comissions, but I am new to Gaia, and I'm a bit lost. I searched around in the Art Requests, Art Shops, Art Contests and Art Auctions forums but I couldn't find what I was looking for.

I know you're supposed to set your own art prices, but are there any guidelines? I know the worth of the art piece it depends on the artist/style/subject/quality, but is there anywhere I can find ballpark price ranges for certain styles (chibis/cartoony/anime/semi-realism) and qualities(beginner/medium/HQ)?

Do people price-check?

I'm just really nervous because I haven't offered art on here yet and I'm afraid I'll over- or under-price my stuff.

Even if someone can redirect me to another forum where this question is answered, that would be great.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:31 pm
I know some, like Kitalpha Hart, let the others choose their price, so that she knows the price range that eople awe willing to pay. Havking a freebie or even art trades will help you gain publicity, which will let you overcharge and get away with it.  

Serah of Silence

Shy Guildswoman

7,700 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Full closet 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Eternal Rebellion

Inquisitor

8,950 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:56 pm
AmimiaMe

No one really price checks art here, (unless they're critics of some sort) so don't worry about it! I usually price my art relative to the effort I put into it. If you feel that your art costs a certain price, go for it! But my general rule is (people might disagree with me, this is just my opinion) the more realistic it is, the more expensive it should be. Realism is harder to pull off than anime. heart

Good luck! You can also use Serah's way. The Pricing and Suggestions forum is the place to ask others to price your art.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:45 am
Serah of Silence
I know some, like Kitalpha Hart, let the others choose their price, so that she knows the price range that eople awe willing to pay. Havking a freebie or even art trades will help you gain publicity, which will let you overcharge and get away with it.

I haven't thought of doing something like that. Thank you!  

Somniiari

Somniiari

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:48 am
Eternal Rebellion
AmimiaMe

No one really price checks art here, (unless they're critics of some sort) so don't worry about it! I usually price my art relative to the effort I put into it. If you feel that your art costs a certain price, go for it! But my general rule is (people might disagree with me, this is just my opinion) the more realistic it is, the more expensive it should be. Realism is harder to pull off than anime. heart

Good luck! You can also use Serah's way. The Pricing and Suggestions forum is the place to ask others to price your art.

That forum was exactly what I was looking for but couldn't find. Thank you very much!

PS. I like your sig. Tom Hiddleston is adorable. heart  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:31 pm
AmimiaMe

That forum was exactly what I was looking for but couldn't find. Thank you very much!

PS. I like your sig. Tom Hiddleston is adorable. heart

You're welcome! Oh my gosh, isn't he?! *fangirls* Thank you! heart  

Eternal Rebellion

Inquisitor

8,950 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Hoshiko Ai

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:56 pm
Hey!

I'm an art collector and I look forward to seeing and even buying your art soon smile

Do tell me if you have a deviantart so that I can watch you smile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:05 pm
Hoshiko Ai
Hey!

I'm an art collector and I look forward to seeing and even buying your art soon smile

Do tell me if you have a deviantart so that I can watch you smile
kitalphahart.deviantart.com here  

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500

rabbit and coyote

Original Trickster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:44 pm
User ImageI also look forward to buying your art!
I would second Eternal Rebellion's suggestion and also add that you might browse for threads that feature art at a similar level/style to yours to see what they charge for it.User Image

☆ Questions and Assistance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games