Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply The United Kingdom
London's East End Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vampire Toy

Fashionable Pumpkin

9,375 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:54 pm
London's East End

User Image

The East End of London, also known simply as the East End, is the area of London, England, east of the medieval walled City of London and north of the River Thames.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:13 pm
User Image
Woke up in London yesterday
Found myself in the city near Piccadilly
Don't really know how I got here
I got some pictures on my phone

User Image

Michael walked around, enjoying the sights. He had gotten a chance to go out from the school, and, armed with a smartphone, started taking pictures around town. After all, he had never been to this part of London before, and he thought it was rather cool. He backed up a bit, taking a picture of one of the buildings around. Snapping the phone closed, he pushed by some people, going over to one of the many restaurants on the road. It was pushing toward Winter, and the young teen was bundled up. He knew what frostbite did to the body, and he didn't want to experience it first-hand. Running his hand through his blonde mop, he stopped and regarded the street, debating. Where could he go and eat, anyway? There was plenty here, he just had to choose. He crossed his arms and sighed, eyeing the street.

--------------♜♞♝♛♚♝♞♜ --------------
                                                            OOC:

New names and numbers that I don't know
                                                            Address to places like Abbey Road
                                                            Day turns to night, night turns to whatever we want

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Forks Anonymous

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:22 am
User Image
FLYNN WU
████████████████████████
That Canadian Kid ⊰ 巫子军 ⊱

ʀᴏsᴘᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇ ʜᴏɢωᴀʀᴛs sᴛᴜᴅᴇɴᴛ ᶰˢᵒʳᵗᵉᵈ

Jams: [ x ]
xAttire: [ x ]
xxxMood: Embarrassed
xxxLocation: East End
xWith: Michael
Thoughts: '...'

For the first time since moving to London, Flynn was finally left alone to do as he pleased. Sure, it was nice to move to a new place (not really)... but the amount of unpacking that needed to be done was out of control, and on more than one occasion Flynn had given up entirely, leaving his mom to do most of the sorting, folding, moving... come to think of it, Flynn couldn't quite remember what he did to help, if anything. 'Hmm... I think... no, mom did that.' He frowned, thinking hard as he wandered through the streets of London.

Might as well get accustomed to this city. He wasn't quite sure why they had moved in the first place. One minute, Flynn was back in Canada, lounging around, waiting for news about his dad, and the next his mom kind of sprang the fact that they were moving to London on him last-minute, yet somehow they were packed and ready to go on time - mothers seemed to be magical in that sense, always on time, always tidy and did things faster than you could ever even imagine.

'A few meters and I'll be in the East End... hm.' It hadn't occurred to the boy to look up every once in a while to see whether or not he was going to bump into anything or anyone, so when he actually did run into someone, Flynn was glad that the someone looked to be about his age, perhaps slightly older. At least he didn't seem like the type to knock a kid out for running into them... "Oh hey! Sorry!" The boy blurted out immediately when he bumped into Michael. Flynn's Canadian accent stuck out like a sore thumb in this city where, to him, everyone sounded sophisticated and ridiculously intelligent. "I didn't mean to... I was... uhh... this place is really big and these maps are kind of hard to read."

Diamond Wales

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:15 pm
User Image

User Image

m i l k , t w o s u g a r s u s e t h e r o a s t - - -
d i a g o n a l l e y s t r e e t s ✖
m e m y s e l f a n d i ✖
o u t a n d a b o u t
n e u t r a l ✖
s i n g l e ✖

1 message received
Message: coffee go home without me out with a few friends xoxo tc!
Date: xx / xx / xxxx
Time: 10:14 a.m.
Type: Text Message
Options - Reply - Via Text Message

Coffee stared at the screen of her phone, reading the pixels in silence. The phone was snapped shut, shoved into her backpack as she resumed her walking again. It was fine. She was used to it.

East End was new territory- - - she hadn't exactly had the time to explore it for a while and grabbed the chance when Rogue had announced that she was going to traipse around the place for a while. As it happened, the 'a while' may have been extended to as long as possible until Spar calls and demands get-homage before he set a curfew. Sighing, Coffee sped up her walk, weaving through the busy crowd of people. The sky was grey.

Alright. So maybe she should have worn something more substantial that day.

Now, how to find her way out of East End...?

Coffee then proceeded to trip over a leg.

'- - -********> If she ruined yet another pair of tights, she would go ballistic and rage like no other. Fortunately, the silent girl managed to regain her balance and not faceplant into the asphalt like any other uncoordinated person would. Looking back, the brunette immediately regretted it.

She'd tripped over a person.

████████████ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖- - - - - - - - - - - - t he b e g i n n i n g o f w i s d o m i s s i l e n c e ✖ ✖ ✖ ███████████████

Diamond Wales

Forks Anonymous

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:46 am
User Image

User Image

Michael was unprepared for the younger boy to bump into him, and staggered a bit from the knock. The blonde looked over to him, blue eyes blinking in surprise. Well, he didn't think that he was that spaced out. When the younger kid, and he had to be younger, apologized, Michael shook his head, a smile gracing his features as he thought that he didn't look that intimidating, did he? Oh well. He made sure that the kid didn't look like he hurt himself before he spoke. "It's all right. I think I wasn't paying attention either. I'm not exactly from this side of London myself, you see, and didn't expect to get knocked into by some bloke."

The kid's accent was peculiar, to say the least bit. It certainly wasn't English. Perhaps from the colonies? Though he doubted that anyone outside of London appreciated their home country being called a colony. Guess it was a British thing, after all. "Well, London is quite large, after all. I would be surprised if you were able to find your way around so soon. Here on holiday with your family?"

It was at that moment that another person tripped and fell, this time over his leg. He winced, hoping that the person wasn't hurt. After all, he knew what it felt like to fall hard, especially after he broke a wrist one time climbing a wall near his house. He stooped down, hoping to help the girl up. "I am so sorry, are you all right? You seemed to have taken quite the tumble."

Thinking: Well now, an actual foreigner. I wonder if he's going to be around for a while?
                                                            OOC:

Forks Anonymous

Greycast

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:07 am
User Image
FLYNN WU
████████████████████████

xxxMood: Disorientated
xxxLocation: East London
xWith: Michael, Coffee

Flynn was relieved that Michael didn't seem to be angry with him for bumping into him. He wasn't quite sure what to expect with Londoners, really. Before traveling, Flynn had heard stories - some good, some bad, but none that he could truly believe until he experienced it first-hand. To Michael's question, Flynn grinned. Everything did sound smarter when spoken with a British accent. "Eh.. you could say that. I've been here for a few months, actually. I moved from Canada... didn't think it would take this long to get used to everything. I really like this place though, your accents are so cool!" Flynn smiled to Michael without realizing that he would be considered the one with the accent in London.

"Are you fr--" Before Flynn could finish his sentence, another individual was drawn into the group. This time, it was a girl dressed in black and white. His eyes immediately went to the panda on Coffee's sweater, but felt it was inappropriate to point it out when the girl had just tripped right in front of them, albeit on Michael's leg. "Oh gosh, are you alright?" Flynn called out, trying hard to hold back a bad and untimely case of the giggles, though a stupid grin had formed on his lips despite his attempts. "Things like this happen all the time where I'm from, when the roads freeze over there's never a day when someone doesn't randomly slip or trip, even with nothing there." He told her in an attempt to diminish any embarrassment the girl might be feeling.

Diamond Wales

Greycast

Forks Anonymous

Newbie Noob

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:46 pm
User Image

User Image

l o n d o n e a s t e n d ✖
m e m y s e l f a n d i a n d t w o o t h e r b l o k e s ✖
o u t a n d a b o u t
e r g h d a m m i t ✖
s i n g l e ✖

She had been greatly hoping that the people she had tripped over and interrupted were the usual pricks who would just ignore her and let her get away unnoticed, but no, they had to be courteous people.

She took the offered hand and helped herself up, brushing off the specks of dirt from her person. It was mortifying. Looking up, the ten-year-old took in the appearances of the two who she had interrupted. She had tripped over the elder, who was a blonde, possibly in his teens. The other looked to be around her age, and a foreigner, going by the accent and his features. The hastily held-back giggle didn't escape her notice either, though she found it nice, at least, that he had attempted to console her on her moment of clumsiness and disorientation. "I am alright, thank you."

"Apologies for the interruption," she spoke quietly. "And for tripping over you," she added, after a moment's thought. Hoisting her bag a big higher on her shoulder, she turned- - - she did still have to find her way home after all. God, she hated these kinds of things- - - and prepared to leave the duo back to their previous discussions.

Coffee wondered how the hell she was going to get home. And she was feeling kind of peaky too.

████████████ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖- - - - - - - - - - - - t he b e g i n n i n g o f w i s d o m i s s i l e n c e ✖ ✖ ✖ ███████████████

Diamond Wales

Forks Anonymous

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:17 pm
User Image

User Image

Michael blinked as the boy proclaimed his accent to be 'cool'. He didn't even think he had one, to be honest. The boy however had one, and Michael had to refrain from giggling over it. It would seem rude, after all. Instead, the teen just shrugged, already deciding that being crashed into twice was enough for one day. "You could say that about getting used to everything. I've lived in London my entire life, and there's still parts of it I don't know. I'm just glad I got a weekend pass from school to explore a bit before I have to be back. Otherwise I wouldn't be here at all. Though, I am a bit lost, now that I think about it. I think my professors are going to kill me when they find out I'm not back by curfew."

Michael shrugged at the girl, not altogether bothered bu her sudden appearance even if it was tripping over his leg. After all, he should be the one apologizing, shouldn't he? "No, actually I believe that I should be the one apologizing. It was my leg that stuck out a bit that made you fall. The least I could do is do something for you." His eyes cast about for a moment before landing on a sidewalk cafe. Well, why not? He hadn't had anything to eat yet, and he did want to have something. Plus, he didn't know if either had eaten or not. Seemed like a good idea, right? "How about we grab a cuppa real quick? I'll pay if you don't mind." It wasn't like he was spending the money his parents had on anything, really. After all, he didn't really need anything.

Thinking: Well now, an actual foreigner. I wonder if he's going to be around for a while?
                                                            OOC:

Forks Anonymous

Greycast

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Forks Anonymous

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:14 am
User Image
FLYNN WU
████████████████████████

xxxMood: Confused
xxxLocation: East London
xWith: Michael and Coffee

Flynn was happy to see that the girl was alright. He wouldn't have known the first thing to do when dealing with an injury, or any of those protocols for that matter. He wasn't even sure if 911 was the number to call in London for emergencies, though he had heard something about it being a 'universal number' at some point in his life. Smiling, Flynn nodded to Michael, albeit confused. "A cuppa? A cup of what?" He asked innocently. British slang was foreign to him, but the boy figured he might as well start learning if he was going to stay here for long. "You don't have to pay for mine, I brought money with me too. I just... don't know any places to go to get food or anything... I don't think there's a Timmy's here, is there?" Flynn asked, looking around him as if to see whether or not he'd be able to find a Tim Hortons in the middle of London. "Or maybe a Subway... I'd love to work there one day and learn how to make those delicious subs." His voice trailed off as his mind drifted to the thought of food, but it was all reeled in when Flynn turned to Hoffman.

"I like your shirt by the way, pandas are my favorite animal." Flynn added, feeling it was slightly more appropriate to comment now that she was off the ground. "Oh, and my name is Flynn, it's nice to meet you all." It felt somewhat strange, having to introduce himself to a group of strangers, but Flynn realized that he didn't even know Michael or Hoffman's name and they were already going to get a cup of something together.

Diamond Wales

Greycast

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:23 am
User Image

User Image

o u t a n d a b o u t
e r g h d a m m i t ✖
s i n g l e ✖

Oh.

Nice people were nicer than she thought.

"It sounds nice," Coffee admitted. It was cold out and it would be rude to decline, especially seeing as her insubstantial--- or well, less than substantial?--- clothing wasn't as appropriate as she had thought for the weather, it was a good idea. "But I can pay for my own, it is alright." Turning to the other boy, the one around her age, she thought, Coffee answered his question too. "It means a 'cup of tea,' and thank you," the girl-brunette said, lips quirking at the mention of the panda on her shirt. She was as fond of it as she was--- which was a lot, mind you--- for about the same reasons Flynn did as well. Pandas were fun. Coffee had listened in as the other two had held conversation of their own as they both talked on their respective parts. Well, neither of them seemed to be wizards, that was something she could gather, though it would be too young to tell with Flynn, anyway, and Michael was, she was pretty sure, past the age of admittance. She pondered on their words for a while. Curfew? Pass? The terms were familiar to her--- sort of--- was it boarding school? The references to places, she assumed restaurants she did not recognize were noted too. Damn, he was new, was he not? "Coffee," she replied absently to the portion of ongoing conversation that alluded to their identities, still mulling over her thoughts, the earlier conversation, the upcoming trip for a cuppa and some more things, like how the hell she was going to get out of the place and back home, for instance. Something clicked in the young girl's head, and she asked, "Are we all lost, then?"

Were they all lost? If they were, then it was an unexpected turn of events. She would like the idea that she wasn't the only one without a clue on their location--- where the hell were they--- but then they would be three, non-legal individuals traipsing around a large, unfamiliar area on their own without a weapon--- she had her knife, but she was ten, she wasn't supposed to be carrying one, especially since she had only, ah, liberated it from Amsterdam a while ago.

Sometimes Coffee couldn't help but feel like a horrible person.

Sometimes.

Only sometimes.

Diamond Wales

Forks Anonymous

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:14 pm
User Image

User Image

Michael nearly facepalmed as he realized he used a definite British-ism around the foreign boy, but he couldn't help it. It wasn't like he meant to. It just came out that way. Thankfully the girl that had tripped over him answered the boy's question, and Michael felt bad for not introducing himself. "I am most terribly sorry, I must be the rudest person in London. My name's Michael, and that's fine if you pay for your own. I was just wishing to apologize properly for making you trip."

When Coffee asked if they were all lost, Michael nodded. "Unfortunately, yes. I'm not from the East End, and so I don't come here often. I got a pass from school to come down to this side of London, and I'm sure I shall get an awful tongue lashing for getting back to the school late. Thankfully, I've never been in trouble, so I don't think I shall get into that much trouble. You can never be too sure, though."

He gestured to the cafe, still feeling bad for everyone seeming to trip over him all over the place. He must have the most unfortunate luck today. However, at least it would be warm, and out of the chill of the day. "Shall we get inside then before we all freeze then?"

OOC:

Forks Anonymous

Greycast

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:06 am
User Image
FLYNN WU
████████████████████████

xxxMood: Cheerful
xxxLocation: Heading Inside
xWith: Coffee and Michael
Thoughts: 'I wonder how Coffee's parents are like...'

"Oh, right!" Flynn blurted when Coffee answered. A cup of tea, that seemed like such a stereotypical British thing. Almost instantly the image of the three sitting at a doily-covered table popped into the boy's head - the three sitting around a silver tiered tea tray, sipping from dainty porcelain cups, dressed in Victorian garb. The ruffle-collared dress shirt Flynn imagined himself wearing seemed sufficient a thought to rouse him from the daydream, leaving a little look of horror in his eyes. He blinked it away, smiling to Coffee when she introduced herself.

"Coffee? That's an interesting name!" Flynn said, half-incredulously. He had heard of strange names before, but the name 'Coffee' definitely took the cake. As much as he wanted to ask whether Coffee's parents were avid consumers of caffeinated beverages, Flynn resisted the urge, thinking it would be rude to ask something like that and leave a bad impression.

When the introductions concluded, Flynn smiled brightly to the pair of them. "Well, it's nice to meet both of you, Michael and Coffee... and at least we're lost together." He added half-jokingly, keeping his voice lowered at the mention of being lost, lest any strangers in the area wanted to snatch them up. Of course, it sucked that they were lost, but at least Flynn felt somewhat more secure with people his age around him. "Better than blindly wandering around, all alone."

He nodded to Michael when the boy suggested they went inside for warmth. Stuffing his hands into the pockets of his hoodie, Flynn strolled to the front of the little cafe. From the outside it looked pretty standard, almost Starbucksy in his opinion. There were about one or two empty tables by the window outside, and a quick glance inside revealed the small, yet cozy sitting areas for the customers. When he reached the door, Flynn held it open for the other two.

Greycast

Diamond Wales

Forks Anonymous

Newbie Noob

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:42 am
User Image

User Image

o u t a n d a b o u t
e r g h d a m m i t ✖
s i n g l e ✖

The girl nodded at Michael's explanation, accepting it. It wasn't that big of a deal, to be honest, she just didn't particularly like taking things from people. In her opinion, there weren't any more words to be said, so she kept quiet while thoughts began to race around in her head. She was in the same boat they were in, having a curfew to catch and an overprotective brother who monitored every tick of the clock with scarily dedicated precision.

When Flynn remarked on the strangeness of her name- - - with a name like Coffee, any adjective of description pertaining to it always meant 'strange' or 'what the hell,' it was a given- - - the ten-year-old cracked a smile, raising a brow at the Canadian. Introducing herself as a Hoffman was still slightly offensive to her young, girlish senses, associating Hoffman with, well, a man. She wondered what her parents could have been thinking, really. Were they drunk or was the light a bit too dim that they could not see that her identifying organs were, in fact, that of a female? Perhaps they were just out to get her. Yes. That was definitely a plausible reason.

"As am I," she replied to the introductions, still trying to spot something that would lead the out of there once they had eaten. Listening to the both of them talk, Coffee followed as they made a beeline for the cafe. Huffing at both Michael's and Flynn's answers, a string of not-very-appropriate expletives spilled from the young Londoner, all said in a reasonably low voice, but enough to be overheard by anyone paying attention. Being out after anywhere, alone- - - in this case, not alone, but definitely unprotected, since they were all just children- - - was never the best situation to be in, especially not with her around as well. Her last name painted a target on her back for those who were looking. "Oh, we're all so screwed with right now," she muttered lowly to herself as they entered the shop, thoughts on their dilemma and her upcoming one at home with Spar, who would blow a fuse, she was sure. She wasn't as in the mood for tea as she was some hot chocolate, so she'd decided to get that. Walking up to the counter, Coffee spent a moment looking at the beverages on offer before making her own order. "A large hot chocolate, yes to the double choc, yes to the whipped, one spoon of vanilla and two biscottis," she ordered quietly, nodding when the man repeated her order. Laying down the exact amount for her own order, she gestured from the two boys to the counter, moving away to give them a place.

Diamond Wales

Forks Anonymous

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:19 pm
User Image
Music is the strongest form of magic.
But when you get music and words together,
that can be a very powerful thing.

User Image

User Image Single | Worker at Lilting Lyre/Performer | Musical Artisan

Tassy was practically skipping along the cobbled streets of London dragging Shin alongside her with a bubble of happiness practically bursting within her. She wasn't happy her sister wasn't here, she did have to return to school of course, but she was because she was spending the entire day with her new male roommate. The Healers finally cleared him for being able to be out and about so of course the first thing she demanded was a shopping day. Currently they were looking for a shop the shy man wouldn't mind going into. Looking down at their combined hands she had to physically repress a squeal at the feel of their skin touching one another. This crush thing was horribly amazing, it truly was. "So, any idea where you would like to stop?" Tassy asked turning to Shin with a grin.
((OOC smile )
Ura the rainbow King"

[Wearing: Casual] [Where: London East End] [With: Shin] [Feeling: Ecstatic] [Thinking: Whee!]

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
The United Kingdom

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash