Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply The United Kingdom
London's East End Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Winsome Fey

Alien Hunter

7,050 Points
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:01 pm
User Image
                                                                When I pretend everything is what I want it to be
                                                                I look exactly like what you had always wanted to see
                                                                When I pretend, I can’t forget about the criminal I am
                                                                Stealing second after second just cause I know I can but
                                                                I can’t pretend this is the way it’ll stay I’m just trying to bend the truth

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

Where am I? London East End
                                                                Who am I with? Paul and someone from school
                                                                What am I doing? Getting the heck away
                                                                What am I thinking? Paul, just go away and never come back!

Jesse was about to probably smart off to Paul (and probably end up dead as a result) when someone approaching caught his eye. Several someones. He recognized one from school, considering he brought the other teen's best friend to the dance, but not the older man. However, it was someone other than Paul, so he was glad for that. He gave Elliot a weak smile, while Paul just glared at the two interlopers. He wouldn't do anything, right? "Yeah, Jesse. You're Elliot. I think I remember you from classes."

He was hoping that Paul would recognize that causing any sort of problems for those two would be a lot worse for him than he planed. Thankfully that seemed to hold, as Paul made a noise of annoyance and backed off. Jesse sighed quietly in relief. "I was just telling Jesse he had some chores to do at home. Of course he ran off when he was grounded and didn't even seem to care that he left his mother in a right state when he did it either. I suggest you keep your distance, kid. Don't want to see you getting into trouble when Jesse decides to break the law again." Paul just seemed smug, his arms crossing and giving Jesse a narrow-eyed look, probably daring him to say anything to dispute the fact. Jesse wanted to, but he didn't want to cause a scene. He just waited to see what exactly was going to happen.

OOC:

No turning back now
                                                                I wanna be pushed aside so let me go
                                                                Let me take back my life I’d rather be all alone
                                                                Anywhere on my own cause I can see
                                                                The very worst part of you is me

[quote="Cara MiaKitty"

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:27 pm
User Image

ᴄ ᴜ ʀ ʀ ᴇ ɴ ᴛ ʟ ʏ
                                                          ╔═══════════════════════════════╗
                                                          Single
                                                          Looking Smart at the East End with Kenneth, Jesse
                                                          xxxFEELINGxxx
                                                          Concerned
                                                          xxxTHINKINGxxx
                                                          ❝ What in the hell...? ❞

╚═══════════════════════════════╝

ḋø ÿøυ hαṿε τhε τïṃε τø lïṡτεṉ τø ṃε ώhïṉε ❃ ❃ ❃xxx
                                                          αвøυτ ṉøτhïṉģ αṉḋ εṿεɾÿτhïṉģ αll ατ øṉсε? ❃ ❃ ❃xxxxxx
                                                          ï αṃ øṉε øƒ τhøṡε ṃεløḋɾαṃατïс ƒøølṡ ❃ ❃ ❃xxxxxxxxx
                                                          ṉευɾøτïс τø τhε вøṉε, ṉø ḋøυвτ αвøυτ ïτ ❃ ❃ ❃xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ═════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceElliott nodded when Jesse remembered his name, sort of glad that the other boy had recognized him. The look on the older guy's face only made him more concerned; the hair was standing up on the back of his head, and everything in him was screaming that something about this wasn't right. Kenneth could clearly sense it, too. Elliott noticed his older brother's grin take on a decidedly wolf-like nature, which was somewhat creepy for the thirteen year old. He'd never really seen his brother like this, there was something... dark, about it. He knew that his older brother could get a bit... rough, when he was angry, and few things made him more angry than someone being mistreated. The Ravenclaw's expression grew a bit nervous, finally managing a small smile for Jesse, anxious though it was. "Uh, yeah. You went to the, uh, the dance, with Ari, right? I think she mentioned it." Kenneth managed a faint snort at his younger brother. "I'm not surprised if you remember Elliott from lessons; somethin' tells me he's the kid whose hand is always shootin' up to give the answers. Hoggin' the spotlight. Teacher's pet," the halfblood said, eyes never leaving the older mans' face as he spoke. Elliott scowled lightly at his older brother, but he stayed silent; now really wasn't the time for him to be getting annoyed at Kenneth.

spaceThe elder Holt's eyes narrowed a bit when the man spoke; everything about the guy sent red flags flying for him. The kid's reaction to the guy didn't help. But, his smile never wavered. "Well, you know kids... if they ain't rebellin', somethin's wrong," he said, which Elliott knew was utter nonsense. He didn't rebel, after all... then again, he was pretty sure he was a bad example. Kenneth liked to tell him that he'd been born a middle-aged man, and Elliott usually agreed. "Though, if you're worried about the kid gettin' in trouble, you might ought to leave him alone with Elli for a bit," Kenneth said with a snicker. Again, Elliott suppressed his annoyance; he hated the nickname. But, Kenneth was playing a part right now, trying to figure out exactly what was going on. Elliott was, too, though he was pretty sure he and Kenneth both already knew as much as they needed to. "Kid's unnaturally well-behaved, an' impossible to corrupt, far as I can tell. Ain't gave me a damn bit of trouble, aside from the struggle of gettin' him away from his books every now and again. Might be a good influence for your boy." Elliott rolled his eyes at Kenneth, prompting the older brother to tack on, "Though, he does have somethin' of an attitude." The Ravenclaw boy frowned at this, thinking that, if anything, Kenneth was the one with an attitude. He just wanted to be left alone most of the time, was that really so bad?

spaceKenneth's hand was still in his pocket; Elliott could see it gripping the handle of his wand, waiting. The brunette chewed his lip in agitation; what the hell had he gotten them into? Not that he wished he'd just ignored it. Wouldn't have been right, after all. Still, he couldn't help but feel like there was no good way this was going to end. "I'm sorry, though," Kenneth said suddenly, offering his hand out. "Just realized, didn't properly introduce myself. Dunno where my manners got off to. Kenneth Holt, Elliott's older brother. And you're...?" Elliott's eyes narrowed somewhat at his brother. Kenneth was fishing. He was trying to get the guy's name. Probably figured that, if nothing else, Elliott'd be able to remember Jesse's last name, and maybe they could call the authorities. Problem was, Elliott didn't quite know who that'd be. He didn't know anything about Jesse... he thought the kid might be in Slytherin, but that was about it. A few decades ago, that might've meant a call to the Ministry, but now? There were muggleborns in the house of snakes, surely as there were in every other. If Elliott had to guess, he'd say this guy was a muggle, but there was no way for him to know for sure.

╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxx❃ ❃ ❃ ṡøṃετïṃεṡ ï ģïṿε ṃÿṡεlƒ τhε сɾεερṡ
                                                          xxxxxx❃ ❃ ❃ ṡøṃετïṃεṡ ṃÿ ṃïṉḋ ρlαÿṡ τɾïсќṡ øṉ ṃε
                                                          xxxxxxxxx❃ ❃ ❃ ïτ αll ќεερṡ αḋḋïṉģ υρ
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx❃ ❃ ❃ ï τhïṉќ ï'ṃ сɾαсќïṉģ υρ

User Image

(( OOC: ))

Red Hot Missy

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

Winsome Fey

Alien Hunter

7,050 Points
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:14 pm
User Image

Who am I with? Elliot, Kenneth, and Paul
                                                                What am I doing? Feeling trapped
                                                                What am I thinking? Oh good, he's leaving. I still have to go back though, don't I?

Paul gave a snort when he listened to the two others. Jesse could already see the wheels turning in Paul's mind, and he didn't like the implication. What was Paul going to do, knife someone on the street? He sure hoped not. As it was, Paul shook his head and shook Kenneth's hand. "Paul Calvert. Jesse's stepfather. If you want attitude, you should have seen what Jesse did last summer. Kid broke into some neighbors' homes and ended up trying to stab a police officer. Ended up spending most of the summer in juvenile detention. But, if you think that your little brother can be a good influence, then fine. I'll give you my number so that you can call me when he decides to bugger it up. If he doesn't manage to, he's supposed to be home by seven at the latest. Otherwise he's going to be kept from that bloody school of his. It's obviously giving him ideas on more ways to cause trouble."

Paul turned to leave at that point, only looking back once and giving Jesse a glance that suggested he had better obey. Jesse only hoped that the two people Paul was leaving him with were wizards. Otherwise, he was not going to enjoy anything of what Paul's glance promised. Jesse ran a hand through his hair, stopping to notice it was shaking slightly. There was a reason he hated going back to Paul's place over the summer. He was pretty sure that whoever Paul got to play the part of Jesse's mother was going to be one of his usual strung-out girlfriends. Last one had been paranoid enough on whatever she took that he refused to be in the same room with her. Turning to look at the two brothers, he shook his head when Paul was out of sight. "He's lying..."

OOC:

No turning back now

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:47 am
User Image

ᴄ ᴜ ʀ ʀ ᴇ ɴ ᴛ ʟ ʏ
                                                          Single
                                                          Looking Smart at the East End with Kenneth, Jesse
                                                          xxxFEELINGxxx
                                                          Concerned
                                                          xxxTHINKINGxxx
                                                          ❝ What in the hell...? ❞

ḋø ÿøυ hαṿε τhε τïṃε τø lïṡτεṉ τø ṃε ώhïṉε ❃ ❃ ❃xxx
                                                          αвøυτ ṉøτhïṉģ αṉḋ εṿεɾÿτhïṉģ αll ατ øṉсε? ❃ ❃ ❃xxxxxx
                                                          ï αṃ øṉε øƒ τhøṡε ṃεløḋɾαṃατïс ƒøølṡ ❃ ❃ ❃xxxxxxxxx
                                                          ṉευɾøτïс τø τhε вøṉε, ṉø ḋøυвτ αвøυτ ïτ ❃ ❃ ❃xxxxxxxxxxxx

spaceElliott almost got whiplash from the way the man, Paul's, attitude seemed to change. Before, it'd been like he was trying to get them to back off and leave him and Jesse alone, but now suddenly he was basically tossing the kid at them? It didn't sit right; although, Elliott thought it was probably for the best. This way, Kenneth could sit down with Jesse and talk to him, maybe figure out what exactly was up. He watched his older brother's jaw tighten at the man's abrupt exit, heard him whistle low, under his breath, and mutter something he'd hit the Ravenclaw upside the head for repeating. Elliott watched Paul walk off, relaxing a bit. Kenneth, however, didn't, glancing down at Jesse when the kid spoke. "Figured as much," he said with a frown. "... What you say, you come home with us for a bit. I'll fix you somethin' to eat an' you can tell me whatever it is he's hidin'," the Southern said. Elliott nodded in agreement, thinking that sounded like a damn good idea.

spaceKenneth went to usher the two teens somewhere less visible, and Elliott followed his older brother, glancing at Jesse. "Ken won't make you go home at seven," he whispered. "If you don't want to. You don't have to." Elliott sort of hoped that the kid decided not to go back to that Paul guy's house. He'd gotten spooked just standing near the guy for a couple of minutes; he couldn't imagine what living with him was like. Clearly, something was wrong with him. Plus, he'd threatened not to let Jesse go back to school, which was all sorts of wrong. Elliott was pretty sure the Ministry would try to step in if that happened, though; kids who didn't learn to control their magic were a danger to the Statue of Secrecy. A kid who didn't learn to control it, living in a household with what was undoubtedly an abusive stepfather... it was a recipe for disaster. Honestly, Elliott figured that if anything else, Kenneth was trying to figure out how to help Jesse and his mum both. Would probably try to get the guy locked up or something... which would probably be easy enough. If Jesse had broken the law... well, kids didn't just do that for the hell of it. Chances were he'd picked it up somewhere, and the stepfather seemed like a prime suspect. For once, Elliott was sort of glad that his brother was the one raising him and not his parents; he'd always been smart like this, and mature for his age, but they'd never treated him like it. Elliott was pretty sure that Kenneth and him would be able to sit down and have a serious, adult conversation about what needed to be done. He wouldn't have gotten that from his mum and dad. They'd wanted him to be a kid... of course, they'd died when he was nine. Maybe by now they'd have gotten over it... he frowned a bit at the thought. Sheesh, had he really been grateful there for a second that he had his brother and not his parents? That was all kinds of messed up. The guilt settled into his chest, like it always did when he thought something like that. His parents were dead, it didn't do any good to blame them for their flaws... they'd still been his parents, after all. And he did miss them... just, right now... he had to admit that, logically, Kenneth was a much better person to be dealing with this. His parents wouldn't have known the first thing about handling that guy.

xxx❃ ❃ ❃ ṡøṃετïṃεṡ ï ģïṿε ṃÿṡεlƒ τhε сɾεερṡ
                                                          xxxxxx❃ ❃ ❃ ṡøṃετïṃεṡ ṃÿ ṃïṉḋ ρlαÿṡ τɾïсќṡ øṉ ṃε
                                                          xxxxxxxxx❃ ❃ ❃ ïτ αll ќεερṡ αḋḋïṉģ υρ
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx❃ ❃ ❃ ï τhïṉќ ï'ṃ сɾαсќïṉģ υρ

User Image

Red Hot Missy

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Winsome Fey

Alien Hunter

7,050 Points
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:24 pm
User Image

Who am I with? Elliot and Kenneth
                                                                What am I doing? Feeling worried.
                                                                What am I thinking? Oh good, he's leaving. I still have to go back though, don't I?

Jesse shrugged, not knowing how to exactly explain Paul. Honestly, he didn't think anyone would believe him if he even tried to tell them. Paul had done a wonderful job of ruining any credibility he might have had with neighbors. Shoving his hands in his pockets, he dug the worn toe of a sneaker into the sidewalk and looked down, studying the pavement. He did have to wonder if there was a way he could be believed. Maybe someone that didn't know how Paul would? Only one way to find out, really. However, they could just as easily turn him over to children's services, and he did not want to go back to that orphanage. However, the thought of food did entice him, considering he hadn't had a proper meal in a while. He was sure he had lost whatever extra weight he had gained at school. "Yeah. Food sounds good, and sorry. I don't want to be a bother, really. I mean, it'd be better if I went home like he said. I'm in enough trouble as it is."

OOC:

No turning back now

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:25 pm
I know I misbehaved and you made your mistakes
And we both still got room left to grow
And though love sometimes hurts
I still put you first
And we'll make this thing work but I think maybe we should take it slow
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image

[Single] [Muggle] [Inventor]

Celio never really had a reason to traipse about London at his leisure since A) he lived about a hundred or so miles that way towards the sea and B) he never saw the attraction of staying in a city. The small one he and his family lived in during his childhood in Italy was enough for him. Plus the town he inhabited with his daughter was everything he needed, plus it was situated in an economy range he knew he could live in which was pretty much the icing on the cake. They weren't near beggar status like they had been when they had still lived in their studio flat in London, they were comfortably middle class which the inventor never really thought he'd ever say. That said, he didn't mind occasionally visiting the city for a day or so since while profitable, their small town wasn't known for their thriving social lives. His visit today however was a business venture. His shop was low on supplies and rather than wait the weeks it took to put in his paperwork and go through the whole bureaucratic system for a few loose screws he decided to just make the trip himself and leave Gia on her own. He wasn't too worried, she was independent and had a good head on her shoulders. He was more worried about the state of their home than anything. The last time he had left her in her work space alone for longer than a few hours their dining room table had been in pieces and she had been missing part of her left eyebrow. That said, anything flame related had been properly locked away to hopefully discourage anything. The Italian hummed a tune as he walked the busy streets trying to avoid running into anyone with his hands in his pockets before he paused in front of a store window that was selling outfits marketed towards teens and young adults. Celio ignored the scantily clad mannequin to focus more on the bracelet that was also being exhibited. It was a silver rosary that he was sure would look quite beautiful on his piccolo angelo. That is until he spotted it's price tag. "Buon Dio! Pensano denaro cade dal cielo?" he muttered to himself.

Cara MiaKitty

{Where: London
With: No one
Thoughts: Ughghhmoney
OOC:}
We're just ordinary people
We don't know which way to go
Cause we're ordinary people
Maybe we should take it slow

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:56 pm
User Image

c υ r r e n т l y
                                                              ѕιиgℓє
                                                              Looking Fashionable outside a Dress Shop with Celio
                                                              xxxғeelιngxxx
                                                              Embarrassed
                                                              xxxтнιnĸιngxxx
                                                              ❝ Oh, of course. ❞

уσυ αяє тнє ℓ ι g н т н σ υ ѕ є , тнє ѕ є α м α я к ❋ ❋ ❋xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                              тнє т є м ρ є ѕ т ѕ ¢яєαтє∂ тнιѕ т ι ∂ є ❋ ❋ ❋xxxxxxxxx
                                                              ι'νє ρ υ ℓ ℓ є ∂ тσ тнє в ℓ α ¢ к ѕιℓνєя σ ¢ є α и ❋ ❋ ❋xxxxxx
                                                              ωнєяє тнє ¢ υ я я є и т αи∂ н є α ν є и ѕ ¢σℓℓι∂є ❋ ❋ ❋xxx

spaceFiona didn't get out into the city very often; most of the time, she simply apparated and floo'ed wherever she needed to be, or kept to her shop. But, today, she had been on a mission. She'd heard around that there was a small shop in the East End selling some very nice, very trendy fabrics, at incredibly discounted prices. Her inner fashionista hadn't been able to resist, and she'd simply had to find the place. She knew that, in all likelihood, the shop was some seedy little joint, and that the findings were either fake, or had been acquired through questionable means, but she didn't much care, honestly. She just wanted to see it.

spaceOf course, while out on this little excursion of hers, she'd figured she ought to take care of a thing or two. And she was currently doing fairly well financially, due to it being her busy season, and maybe she'd splurged a little bit... Alright, more than a little bit. Sometimes a woman wanted to wear clothing she hadn't made herself, so sue her. Currently, she was carrying two bags from two different shops, and a shoebox with a pair of very attractive boots. The boots weren't particularly good quality, but she was going to fix that soon enough. Growing up like she had, it had been necessary to learn how to improve upon what they'd been able to afford... magic certainly helped. The redhead was exceptionally pleased with her findings, and in a very good mood. As a result, she wasn't being as observant as she typically tried to be. Distracted by a display in a shop she was passing, she completely missed the man standing in front of it, and managed to walk right into him.

spaceNever a particularly graceful woman, Fiona managed to crash on her arse, her bags falling from her hands and the shoebox opening to spill her new boots on the pavement. Her cheeks reddened, and she looked up. "I'm so sorry, I should've been watchin' where I was goin'," she exclaimed, trying to gather up her things. After a moment, though, she glanced back up towards the man, and then frowned. "I... Have we me'? I swear I've seen ye somewhere..." She couldn't for the life of her place the man, but she knew she'd seen his face before. A customer, perhaps? He was almost certainly someone she'd seen around Diagon, considering how rarely she left the area. "Ah, sorry again, didn' mean t' crash inta ye." Ugh, how frustrating. She looked like a right idiot, she thought, with no small amount of annoyance. Serves her right for being too busy looking in shop windows at clothes she didn't need to watch the sidewalk in front of her.

xxx❋ ❋ ❋ уσυ αяє тнє и α ν ι g α т σ я ωнσ и є ν є я ¢συℓ∂ ℓ є α ∂
                                                              xxxxxx❋ ❋ ❋ ωє ωєяє ℓ σ ѕ т ιи тнє ѕ ι ℓ ν є я ѕ є α
                                                              xxxxxxxxx❋ ❋ ❋ ι ωαѕ тнє ѕ н ι ρ ωнσ ωαѕ тσσ ρ я σ υ ∂ тσ єνєя ѕ ι и к
                                                              xxxxxxxxxxxx❋ ❋ ❋ є ¢ н σ ; му ν σ ι ¢ є ιѕ αи є ¢ н σ

User Image

Yukina101

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:47 pm
I still put you first
User Image

Celio had just decided that maybe his daughter would appreciate a new shiny rosary make of beats and string rather than metal when he was ran into and by some luck actually managed not to fall over like he usually did. He did however bump his head into the store window he had just been gazing in so he supposed that was something. He cursed slightly and rubbed the injured part before he realized that the person who had run into him was actually on the ground apologizing and picking up their things. Instantly he too was kneeling to help her gather her strewn items and placing them back into their respective bags. When asked if they had met before, the father actually looked at the woman, really looked at her, and soon his memory snapped into place from seeing her vibrant hair color. "Ah, I could never forgeta sucha beautiful hair color. You are from the ah, tea shop?" he asked with a small grin. If he had ran into her any other time he didn't truly remember, he only recalled the time he had gone into the random establishment looking for his daughter but also asking for directions and he had ran into her. Not like she just had but rather similar. It probably would've been safer and easier for him had he just stayed with his daughter while she did her shopping but had really really wanted to see all that the magical alleyway had to offer. When she apologized again he waved it away literally with his hands. "It's ok! If you hadn't, I probably would have gotten lost of time and be late for my train." Celio told her with a chuckle handing her the items he had managed to acquire before placing them back into his pockets. It was a habit his mother had made him learn to stop him from touching everything when he was a child. He kept small trinkets in his pockets for his hands to run over to stop them from touching which helped then but was now just an ingrained habit.

Cara MiaKitty

With: Fiona
Thoughts: Such lovely hair

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:01 pm
User Image

c υ r r e n т l y
                                                              ѕιиgℓє
                                                              xxxғeelιngxxx
                                                              Embarrassed
                                                              xxxтнιnĸιngxxx
                                                              ❝ Oh, of course. ❞

spaceFiona blushed as red as her hair when the man complimented her hair color, fumbling a bit as she tried to stuff a blouse back into one of her shopping bags. It took her a long moment to register what he meant about the tea shop. Whenever she went into Golden Lotus, it was always with Nicole, and she didn't think she'd ever interacted with a man while there, aside from the owner... And she definitely should've remembered this man, if for no other reason than his accent. That thought finally managed to spark the memory; he'd been the man who'd come into Rosa Lee. The one who'd been lost, she thought. The scotswoman managed a small smile. "Uh, aye, tha' was me. I don' thin' I e'er go' yer name? I'm Fiona, Fiona McKinney," she told him, standing on shaky legs. As she tried to adjust her hold on her items, she found herself questioning why she hadn't tossed the boots into one of her two bags; there was plenty of room. And it wouldn't probably made less of a mess when she'd fallen over.

spaceShe managed a nervous chuckle when he said he'd have been late for her bus had she not crashed into him, thinking that he was being a bit generous. "I'm sure ye could've managed i' wit'ou' ha'in' me fallin' o'er on ye," she said. "Bu', I suppose yer welcome, then?" She adjusted her hold on the bags, attempting to place the shoebox inside, a little annoyed that she couldn't simply use magic at the moment. Present company might be magical (or at least knew about magic, obviously), but there were plenty of other people on the street. She huffed in annoyance. "Terribly sorry, ken I as' a favor o' ye? Hol' this bag open fer me so I ken ge' th' box inside?" She held her arm out with the bag in question, hoping she didn't make him late with her request. It'd only take a second.

User Image

Yukina101

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:26 pm
I still put you first
User Image

Celio offered the embarrassed woman another grin when she remembered where they had run into each other, him thankful that he actually knew where he was contrary to last time, and when she gave him an introduction he just barely stopped himself from offering a hand to shake. "Le mie scuse mia signora, I am Celio Donati." He introduced himself before a piece of hair from his bang flop in front of his left eye making him huff and blow it back to where it was. Stupid long hair, he was getting that trim tomorrow. No more procrastination! When she accepted his gratitude for knocking into him he joined her chuckles with some of his own adding a sheepish shrug as well. "Ah, I would likea to say that I could have, but I would nota feel comfortable lying in front of a lady. That an you hardly dida much falling ona my person since it's nota my stuff all over the place." he told her with a slightly teasing grin. His mischievous expression fell off his face at her question which also caused him to blink owlishly for a few seconds before he blushed and quickly agreed taking the bag in question and holding it open for her. It wasn't like he hadn't done it before. Granted, Gia usually was stuffing handmade automatons rather than clothing but it was essentially the same thing. "It is of no trouble to help a signora in difficoltà such asa yourself. Especially since this type of distress I cana gladly help with." Celio snorted at his own quip, mainly because he did have a slight problem with helping others with anything, regardless of gender even while most happened to be females. He couldn't help it! He blamed it on his excellent rearing. Damn them.

Cara MiaKitty

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:03 pm
User Image

c υ r r e n т l y
                                                              ѕιиgℓє
                                                              xxxғeelιngxxx
                                                              Embarrassed
                                                              xxxтнιnĸιngxxx
                                                              ❝ Oh, of course. ❞

spaceFiona smiled when he spoke Italian, barely managing to register what he was saying, aside from his name. She was thankful that he'd switched to English to say "I am", otherwise she'd have simply thought he was still speaking Italian and would've had no idea he'd given his name. Her blush deepened when he pointed out that it was her things, and not his, that had been strewn about the sidewalk, supposing he was right. "Weel, I was th' one movin', only fair tha' my stuff end up on the groun', I fig're," she said sheepishly. "I's no' li' yer at faul' here, I'm th' one tha' walked inta ye." She was grateful when he took the bag for her, and slipped the shoebox inside it. Well, at least she would have an easier time for the rest of her excursion, she figured.

spaceAnd, there went the Italian again! She wasn't entirely positive, but she was pretty sure he'd just called her something akin to a damsel in distress. Which, it'd been distress of her own making, he hadn't had to help. "I'm jes' grateful ye elected t' help rather than gettin' ben' out o' shape o'er it. Could've jes' yelled a' me, ye know. Thank'ee fer no' doin' so." Again, her blush deepened, until her freckles disappeared behind the scarlet hue. He'd have been well within his rights to be angry with her, after all, and she should thank her lucky stars that Mr. Donati seemed to be a more easy-going, polite sort of man. She rather disliked being yelled at, particularly being reprimanded for her clumsiness. Brought back unpleasant memories from her childhood. One would think she'd be over it by now, but no such luck. She was still reduced to a fearful, quivering mess whenever a man lost his temper with her, sad as that might be.

User Image

Yukina101

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:07 pm
User Image
                                                    Woke up in London yesterday
                                                    Found myself in the city near Piccadilly
                                                    Don't really know how I got here
                                                    I got some pictures on my phone

User Image
                                                    ════════════════════════

Uɴɪᴠᴇʀsɪᴛʏ Sᴛᴜᴅᴇɴᴛ |♝| Mᴜɢɢʟᴇ |♝| Fᴜᴛᴜʀᴇ Dᴏᴄᴛᴏʀ

════════════════════════

Michael closed his eyes and took a deep breath. Ever since he had met Malcolm and found out his birth parents' names, it just wouldn't leave his head to look into and find out just what had posessed them to abandon not one, not even two, but three children. He and Jeremy had been two decades ago, while Malcolm had been much more recent. It really bothered him, just as much as it had bothered him when his adoptive parents hadn't adopted Jeremy as well. Granted, they hadn't realized that Michael had a sibling when they had adopted him, and considering the state of the orphanage before Steffi had taken it over, he wouldn't be at all surprised if they hadn't cared to enquire as to whether the couple wanted to adopt two children as opposed to just one. It would have made life a lot easier, but also infinitely more difficult as they never would have realized their biological family was a lot bigger than they thought.

Michael had been sitting inside of a coffee shop just across from the set of rowhouses that his parents lived in, glad for the first time that he resembled his younger brother so closely. No one looked twice at him as he had decided to wear what he considered a really itchy and way too trashed for his liking (Jeremy might disagree, but that was just him), a decent pullover shirt that he swore was too garish for his tastes but matched his brother's quite well, and a fedora and boots that he was never going to wear after today. It was too creepy, looking in the mirror and seeing his brother so strongly in his own reflection. But it had worked for blending in without drawing too much attention to himself. His eyes passed over the home of his parents again, noting that there were now three kids living in the home. He'd seen a young boy of around eight with his own bright blond hair playing out on the steps earlier, a teenage girl who had brown hair that went in while talking on a cell phone, and now there was another boy who looked eerily similar to Jeremy sitting on the front steps smoking. He crinkled his nose at that, glad that neither he nor Jeremy had ever picked up that disgusting habit. And at such a young age, too! The kid couldn't have been older than Jeremy was when they'd first met.

He brought himself from his musings as a girl came up to give him a refill on his drink, and he thanked her in that godawful accent that Jeremy always used. He didn't care for it too much, thinking that it made him sound much less well-educated than he actually was. Which, reflecting on where he was currently, would have been his real accent had he lived with his biological family rather than with his adoptive one. Though, he probably had that accent years ago, he mused. After all, he'd lived with them for about a year or so before being given up, so it made sense that he'd had it before. Draining the scalding liquid in one go, he decided that he'd had enough and stood, leaving money for the drink and picking up his hat. Walking out into the bright sun, he winced a bit before situating the hat on his head and shoved his hands in his pockets. The distance to cross the street almost seemed insurmountable, and Michael had to steel his own nerves before he strode across the street. The kid on the steps looked up, blue eyes narrowing. "Wot th' 'ell are ya doin' 'ere? Wotevah ya 'appen ta be sellin', we ain' interested."

Michael had to blink, since that was not the voice he imagined the kid would have. For looking like nearly his and Jeremy's double, the kid's voice was deeper and rougher. He knew his own voice was a baritone, and Jeremy's was somewhere between that and tenor, but this kid was verging into the bass range. Not quite there yet, but it was getting there. There was also the fact that the kid was completely unfriendly. Who even greeted people like that? Okay, so yes, Jeremy might have admitted to thinking of drawing a knife on him the first time they'd met, but he doubted that Jeremy was completely hostile. Not like this kid.
                                                    "I was hoping I could speak with your mum and dad. Are they home?"

The kid looked him over, still looking like he didn't trust Michael in the slightest. Which, Michael realized, there was no reason to. He was unknown to the kid, and until he proved otherwise, that wasn't going to change. "Look, they ain't 'ere. Yer lookin' in th' wrong place."

"I'm right 'ere Leon. No need ta be all offensive ta people." Michael blinked, turning around and seeing a middle-aged man walking up the walk toward the two. His brown hair seemed lank and graying, with a bald spot toward the top of his head. Michael had to remind himself that male pattern baldness was only through the female side of the family, but he knew that wasn't exactly one hundred percent correct. The man seemed to be studying him, and then shook his head and swore softly. "Ah, bugger. So, which one are ya? Nah, wait, ya better get yer aris in 'ere. Leon, yer mum's gonna be comin' up 'ere soon, so ya better get offa yers an' 'elp 'er wiff th' groceries."

The preteen griped, but Michael was ushered inside by the older man before he could figure out what exactly was going on there. The man put down his own bag and gestured for Michael to follow him into the home. The home, while it was decent, made Michael realize that he'd been raised a lot better than the people here. Michael's eyes trailed over to a few potted plants that were seated in the window sill before he was distracted from his observations by a slight cough from behind him. He turned around, taking his hat off and rubbing the back of his head.
                                                    "Sorry, I must seem extremely rude, staring around your house and all. I am terribly sorry about all of this. I probably should have called first..."

The older man waved Michael's concern away, gesturing for the blond to take a seat. "Ya ain't gotta apologze fer nuffink, kid. B'sides, yer wot, twenty? Take a seat, prolly gonna need it considerin' that I kna' ya got questions. Which one are ya, anyway? Michael or th' baby?"

"You didn't name Jeremy..." Michael couldn't help it. He'd hoped that maybe they'd cared. They obviously cared about him enough to name him, but Jeremy didn't even warrant a name? What kind of mess was this?

The older man seemed not too concerned with Michael's comment, however, and made to move toward the kitchen. "We din't think it wos necessary ta name 'im. Figured that wiff a new family, they'd want ta name 'im wot they wanted. Want a beer? Ya look li' ya prolly need wahn. C'mon, ain't gonna 'urt ya. Not if ya inherited yer mum's ability ta 'old 'er liquor. Name's Kevin, by th' way. Kevin McGregor. But, ya prolly kna' that if yer 'ere."

Michael was standing already, his fists clenched to his sides as he struggled to keep a lid on his rising temper.
                                                    "I don't drink. You'd know that if you even bothered to find out about me after you dumped me and Jeremy off at the orphanage. Did you even think about that before you dumped us, about what would have happened after? Did you even honestly wonder what happened to us?"

Kevin sighed, bringing a beer out and setting it down before he reached into a pocket and pulled out a pack of cigarettes. Michael crinkled his nose in disgust, and the man paused before setting the pack down before him. "Guessin' ya don't smoke, neither. Mickey, I'm gonna be blunt wiff ya. Yer mum wos fifteen when she 'ad ya, an' I wasn't much be'er meself since I wos sixteen. We tried, but we wos kids ourselves. An' when, wot'd ya call 'im? Jeremy? When 'e came along, we realized it wos a mistake an' tried ta do wite by ya. It wos be'er ta just let someone else try ta raise ya instead of messin' you or Jeremy up worse."

"Michael. My name is Michael." He swallowed, then decided to continue. "And I'm not sure, but I think you already messed Jeremy up. He was living on the streets basically for the first eleven years of his life. I was lucky, and got adopted out soon after you dumped me. Also, your youngest, Malcolm, hasn't even been adopted yet. Jeremy was there when you dropped him off. Decided you couldn't handle another child? Have you ever heard of a tubal ligation or a vasectomy? They really help when you don't want any more kids." Michael didn't even care how rude he was sounding, but he was tired. He didn't want to hear about how much trouble it was to try and raise kids so young. He was personally here more for his youngest brother, who he had just determined would never meet their biological parents if he could help it. Jeremy could do as he wanted, but he didn't want Malcolm near this man if he was this irresponsible.

Just then the door opened, and a woman stepped in carrying an armful of groceries, Leon right behind her. Michael could already see what Jeremy was talking about when he mentioned that the woman looked like she could have been a female version of himself, but Michael managed to bite his lip before he ended up saying something he regretted. As it was, the woman stared at him for a moment before looking at her husband. "Kevin, wot's goin' on? 'Oo's this?"

"I apologize. I was just making my exit. Have a good day madam, sir, young man." Michael walked toward the exit, nodding towards each of them, and turned to look once more at his father and mother. Swallowing, he left the house, determined that he wouldn't return if he could help it. Not for anything. This just reaffirmed that he had his own family and he was perfectly fine with the Davenports.

════════════════════════
                                                    Location: East End - Millwall
                                                    Thinking: Well, this just confirmed my hypothesis...
                                                    OOC:

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

New names and numbers that I don't know
                                                    Address to places like Abbey Road
                                                    Day turns to night, night turns to whatever we want

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:32 pm
I still put you first
User Image

Celio couldn't contain his chuckles as the red haired woman practically insisted on taking the blame for the mishap. "We can just say it wasa both of our faults to keep peace, yes?" he told her with a conspiratorial wink and another snicker. When she told him that he could've instead yelled at her for her clumsiness instead of helping he frowned and hoped she hadn't encountered such scoundrels before but seeing the deep blush upon her face he could sadly conclude that she had. Ingrati inconcepibili! "It would be ah, hippo..hypothetical? Hypocric? Hypocritical! It would be hypocritical of me considering my ah, general cuckoo-ness." he told her scratching at his cheek with a self-depreciating grin. He then noticed that his other hand was still holding on to her things and he quickly gave them back to her with a soft blush forming across his cheeks. Thankfully, or not depending on where he stood, his cellphone began to play a symphonic overture that he had set as his alarm which caused him to curse in his native language as he struggled to turn it and the other alarms his daughter must have also pre-set for him off. He sighed gratefully when silence was restored before giving his companion an apologetic smile. "It would seem that I musta leave to catch my train ona time. It was lovely to run into you yeta 'gain." Celio told her before giving her a short wave and turning to walk away. However he could only go about three steps before he froze to argue with himself. What if she didn't even have one? Well he could just use Gia's, she doesn't seem to mind borrowing any of his things. Then again he could just purchase one of his own if he so chose. This was madness! Pure madness! And yet, this was the type of madness some people liked right? So he turned on his heel grateful he didn't spin, trip, and die like he'd done before and walked briskly back to Fiona with a determined yet still nervous air. "Signorina Fiona, I cannot in good conscious leave you here without telling you that you are the only woman who has enchanted me since the cow who delivered onto me my beloved daughter. So, with this unfounded knowledge, I can only hope you ah, feel the same and offer my address in which you can write to me. If that is your wish of course!" Celio hastened hoping that his rather blunt statements hadn't been met with hostility or God forbid fear! Still blushing he quickly pulled out his pencil and pocket notepad (he never left home without one!) and jotted down his address trying to remember if this was still good for the owls. The father handed it over to the redheaded woman before turning and walking (not running!) quickly towards the train station.

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 4:15 pm
User ImageUser Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

In the night αнεα∂ there's a light upon τнιṡ
                                                      нøυṡε on a нιℓℓ
                                                      The ℓινιиģ, ℓινιиģ ṡτιℓℓ
                                                      Their intention is to ќιℓℓ and they will, they ωιℓℓ

Michelle led the way into the dingy east end bar and quickly found a booth near the back for them to sit. They had only just recently caught some low life criminal that had done something.... she honestly wasn't sure what. She hadn't really deemed it necessary to know what he'd done and Tay was generally more likely to keep track of that.. She mostly just did the chasing and catching and sometimes beating...

The snake sighed and slumped in her chair. She was exhausted after a long day and although they were at least finally doing something good with their lives, she still spent a lot of time wondering what it was all for.
                                                      Why were they even on the planet? She didn't know and she wasn't sure she wanted to know. She glanced at Tay curiously, she wondered if he thought the same way as her still, but had never deemed to ask... maybe because she wasn't sure she would like the answer. She tilted her head at him...
                                                      she could still remember the day they met, and although he had changed since then, she still knew every line of his face. The day they met,
                                                      she'd told herself she'd never forget him.... and here they were almost 20 years later, and she had not been wrong at all.

She wondered if they'd ever end the game of cat and mouse they'd started that day... and if either of them knew which one was really the cat. Ada,
                                                      of course, would probably say that she was the mouse in it all and just the vulnerable prey that Tay had chosen to play with... but Michelle wasn't sure that was true at all. Maybe back when she was a first year... but a lot had changed since then. She barely recognized eleven year old her any more.
                                                      A waitress wandered by the table, asking what they'd like and Michelle blinked. "Jack and coke for me.... Tay?"
                                                      She glanced at him waiting. Once he'd ordered, and the waitress had wandered off, she placed her elbow on the table and her chin in the palm of her hand, still watching him curiously.

"What drew you to me back in my first year of Hogwarts?"

Somewhere in the εи∂ of all this нατε
                                                      There's a ℓιģнταнεα∂
                                                      ṡøмεωнεяε in the end we're all ιиṡαиε
                                                      I won't вυяи øυτ in this ρℓα¢ε
                                                      My ιиτεиτιøи is to ƒα∂ε And I will, I ωιℓℓ

Essy ze Ninja

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 3:17 pm
𝖂illiam 𝕯ante 𝕹ott the Third
𝕺cclumens, 𝕾lytherin 𝕬lumni

╔══════════════╗
6’2” ♜ 165lbs ♜ 34yrs
London's East End
Fall of 2037

╚══════════════╝

User Image

This time, their lowlife criminal had a bounty for improper use of magic in a muggle populated area plus assault and evasion of ministry officials. The patrolmen had their hands tied, not much to do when persons of interest refuse to cooperate. And it was too low-level to be worth notice of any hit wizards or witch watchers, they were busy with Neo-Death Eaters, or something. He didn't know and his father wouldn't tell him. Tay hardly saw much of his father anymore; it would be never, but the man was Head Hit Wizard and when you frequent the Department of Magical Law Enforcement for bounties, you tend to run into each other on occasion. Today was such an occasion. During the processing and paperwork for turning over the middle-aged man, his father crossed the lobby. Tay had seen him. Michelle must have seen him. But no one said a word. William didn't even glance their way and for some reason, Tay couldn't let that go.

Was it contempt? Spite? Guilt? Did he know? Of course the man must know some things, Tay wasn't so foolish to think his clean record was anything but because of his father's meddling and interference, his grandfather too. William had confronted Tay about Edric once, that was the last time they had spoken. So does he know? That was all Tay could think about for the rest of the day, even after it was all said and done and he wound up in a bar down London's East End with Michelle and a staring waitress. His face wrinkled before he spoke, ”Shot of whiskey, house is fine, and water.” Tay refrained from heavy drinking these days, but this was a congratulatory shot. A reward for a job well done.

Michelle shifted closer now that they were alone, one moment of examining the twitch in her nose and distant look in her eyes and Tay knew he was treading on deep water. ”What?” He licked his lips and studied the fly on the wall ahead of him, it took a moment before he spoke again. ”You were different, like me. I think I always knew that.” This was when he snorted and could look her in the eye again. ”Then there was Ronyo, the slimy git. And he said I was the one who played with peoples lives. But there he was, always interfering with you and your friends'.” He paused when the waitress arrived again with their drinks and asked if they were ready, he thanked her but declined and sent her away. ”Let's be honest, I should have scared you away a long time ago. Why didn't you ever listen to Ada?” That name— the nickname— tasted foreign on his tongue but after everything the vampire had put up with, it would have been weirder to call her anything else. Tossing back the drink in one, he clanked the glass back on the table. Still hissing, he said, ”You know, my great-grandmother, or, y'know, her ghost, she told me one day that we were 'star-crossed', destined to find each other and always doomed from the start. She believed in reincarnation or something of the sort. Ridiculous, since she's a ghost. I forgot she even said that until now, must have been years ago.”

Devlyn Maycry

The United Kingdom

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces