Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply The United Kingdom
The Cotswolds ~ England Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:05 pm
User Image
Chelsea Alexis Durant
Second Year Gryffindor
Muggleborn Young Detective Reserve Seeker

User Image
                                                    Location : Stroud / Cotswold (tree fort)

Chelsea from the outside knew she was putting Philip through a lot of stuff with the way she acted around Griffin. However, from the inside she felt betrayed by the Gryffindor boy for not telling her goodbye. It was something she’d need to get over soon enough, but these things took time. And she’d deal with it at some point.

Seeing Philip today would hopefully take her mind off things. She needed the distraction from it all. Chelsea wasn’t at all surprised that the first question upon arrive was if everything was okay. It was probably written all over her face. “Yeah, for the most part.” She replied looking from him to the floor boards. “Everything at home has just been so strange. My parents…” She paused briefly. “It’s like I get magic and they start acting odd. It could just be me…” She trailed off. Maybe she was just imagining it. “So, how’s things with you? Better then mine I imagine.” Chelsea asked. She need to hear something good was going on in her circler world of friends.

Company : Phil

OOC : - - -

kiska166

It is rather curious, isn't it?
                                                    I must say, you seem to be taking this all in stride
                                                    That in mind, I think you're well suited for
                                                    Gryffindor!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:21 pm
User Image
                                          ╔═════════════════════════════╗
                                          Philip Quimby-Winthrop
                                          Thirteen Years Old - Third Year - Hufflepuff - Reserve Beater - Adopted
                                          ╚═════════════════════════════╝

Philip smirked as he pulled himself up through the entrance of the tree house, hoping the look on his face looked at least somewhat reassuring. The boy stayed quiet as he listened to Chelsea’s concerns until she changed the subject. “My mum bought me a broom,” he said with a shrug. Although he was officially adopted several years ago, calling his adoptive parents ‘mum’ and ‘dad’ still felt strange at times even though he felt completely part of the family and didn’t know what he would have done without their love and support. And he was sure Chels felt the same about her parents, no matter how odd they had been acting. Part of him wanted to ask her more about what was going on at home, but Phil knew that when something was bothering her, she preferred to get her mind off of it. Was that always a healthy approach? Probably not. But he didn’t want her to start avoiding him the way she had been avoiding Griffin just because he didn’t give her enough space. “Hopefully I can make first string this year, but I dunno. The older students are much better than I am,” he confessed. Plus, Chance was the captain, so that really only left one beater position to compete for.

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

❄❄ Gonna change the world with my hockey stick
                                          Gonna make a real difference; feed the poor and heal the sick

murruelecreuset

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2023 6:47 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Brianna's House
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Brianna, Ron, Mystery Lady?
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ?
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? I still don't know why they think I'd be good...

Csuri had been having a whirlwind of a summer so far. It started with her officially being adopted by Vihaan Narain, then a whole week of trying out various names for him (because "dad" just didn't seem right. Finally, they settled on Baba, which just felt nice and not too childish. They went on a little vacation, and had returned to England for a bit. In that time, Csuri had promised Brianna to hang out since the older girl was convinced she'd get Csuri comfortable with quidditch.

After dressing in her so-called athletic clothing, Csuri bid a small goodbye to her baba, then flooed to the address that Brianna had given her. Upon arrival, she spotted Brianna, Ron.... and a lady that looked enough like both that she guessed at a relative. She huffed softly, then shook her curls out to try and get any soot from her messy hair. "Hey Brianna. Hi Ron. You... have a nice house?" She spoke quizzically, trying to play at being nice...ish. Besides, according to the books, that's what everyone always said.

Grabbing the scrunchie on her wrist, Csuri started working on trying to wrangle the ever-poofy curls back into a messy bun. As she did so, silvery eyes glanced from Brianna to the other lady, wondering if their entire family had been invited. Then again, Brianna was usually good at letting Csuri know where lots of people might be, like she'd done at the carnival. Maybe today wouldn't be too terrible after all.

{{Wearing :: Sports Clothes?}}
          Graydon Ironshield

Tᴏʟᴅ ᴛʜᴇᴍ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍs, ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴀʟʟ sᴛᴀʀᴛᴇᴅ ʟᴀᴜɢʜɪɴɢ
          I ɢᴜᴇss ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴏғ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴍɪɴᴅ 'ᴛɪʟ ɪᴛ ᴀᴄᴛᴜᴀʟʟʏ ʜᴀᴘᴘᴇɴs
          I'ᴍ ᴛʜᴇ sᴍᴀʟʟ ᴛᴏᴡɴ, Oɴᴇ ɪɴ sᴇᴠᴇɴ ʙɪʟʟɪᴏɴ. Wʜʏ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ɪᴛ ʙᴇ ᴍᴇ?
          Wʜᴇɴ ᴅɪᴅ ᴡᴇ ᴀʟʟ sᴛᴏᴘ ʙᴇʟɪᴇᴠɪɴɢ ɪɴ ᴍᴀɢɪᴄ?
          Wʜʏ ᴅɪᴅ ᴡᴇ ᴘᴜᴛ ᴀʟʟ ᴏᴜʀ ʜᴏᴘᴇs ɪɴ ᴀ ʙᴏx ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴀᴛᴛɪᴄ?
          I'ᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ʟᴏɴɢ sʜᴏᴛ. I'ᴍ ᴛʜᴇ Hᴀɪʟ Mᴀʀʏ. Wʜʏ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ɪᴛ ʙᴇ ᴍᴇ?
          Tʜᴇʏ ᴛᴏʟᴅ ᴍᴇ I ᴡᴀs ᴏᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ, ᴛʀɪᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴋɴᴏᴄᴋ ᴍᴇ ᴅᴏᴡɴ
          Tᴏᴏᴋ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ sᴛɪᴄᴋs ᴀɴᴅ sᴛᴏɴᴇs, sʜᴏᴡᴇᴅ 'ᴇᴍ I ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ʙᴜɪʟᴅ ᴀ ʜᴏᴜsᴇ
          Tʜᴇʏ ᴛᴇʟʟ ᴍᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ I'ᴍ ᴄʀᴀᴢʏ, ʙᴜᴛ I'ʟʟ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ʟᴇᴛ 'ᴇᴍ ᴄʜᴀɴɢᴇ ᴍᴇ
          'Tɪʟ ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴄᴏᴠᴇʀ ᴍᴇ ɪɴ ᴅᴀɪsɪᴇs, ᴅᴀɪsɪᴇs, ᴅᴀɪsɪᴇs

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2023 2:53 pm
User Image
Brianna Cathaline Quinn-Smith
SlytherinFifth YearFifteen Years OldSingle

After the events of the carnival and seeing Ron and Aria set sail across the Black Lake, Brianna had hoped to ease into summer. In her heart, she knew her great-grandparents, her great-Aunt Arabella, and even her mom, were there at the carnival mainly to see to Ron, and everything he had to show for his efforts. This included meeting officially what was likely to be their daughter-in-law at some point in the future. Ron gave Aria a promise ring on Valentine’s Day, a placeholder for an eventual engagement ring, presumably when he was in a good enough position in his career that he felt it not being rushed.

In a lot of ways, Brianna was feeling like the step-child with a pair of older twins as siblings with whom she was competing for attention, and, honestly failing in every measure. Oh, to be sure she’d done well in her classes, it was expected of her as much as it was Ron, and now that Ron had crossed the lake, her parents were focusing their collective attention upon her. With OWLs impending, she and her mother had a long talk about her classes and her career plans.

To say that Mom wasn’t thrilled with her intentions of becoming a Hit Wizard would be stating it mildly. The idea of doing things while her older brother sat in an office somewhere, or poked about a greenhouse, appealed greatly to Brianna. Mom explained to her exactly how dangerous the job was, and even offered to show her the hospital beds reserved for Hit Wizards. After a long discussion, the two of them agreed on the idea of her being an Obliviator like Aria. What bothered Brianna most was the haunted look in her mother’s eyes.

Ron was there to offer emotional support for his little sister, because that was what he did, what he’d always done. She was just glad he was still there; she knew the day would soon come when he wouldn’t be there anymore, Brianna was pretty sure she wasn’t ready to be the last kid left in the house.

One thing she’d been looking forward to was having Csuri over; that was in the works for a while, and the day finally arrived. She and Ron gathered in the living room, and Mom walked into the room when she heard the distinctive sound of somebody arriving at the house via Floo.

Brianna blinked away her surprise at seeing what Csuri was wearing for what was ostensibly Seeker training, and hid it with a genuine smile. “Thanks,” said Brianna in response to Csuri’s compliment. She gesture toward Dani, and added, “This is our Mom. Uh, Mom, this is Csuri Douglass, she’s a friend from school, and we’re planning to get her ready to play Quidditch. She could be our next Seeker, if’n we can get her trained up enough.”

Dani smiled and she said, “Well, it’s a pleasure to finally get to meet you, Csuri. Brianna’s been telling us about you for a while now. You’re more than welcome to stay for dinner, of course. You know, I used to play Seeker for Gryffindor a few years back, and Slytherin used to play us pretty hard. If you need some pointers, I’d be happy to share.” She paused a moment, and noted Csuri wasn’t bringing any equipment with her. “I trust you’re planning to use pads and a helmet, yes?”

OOC:
Cinnabun Gryffie

User Image
                  "And you can't fight the tears that ain't coming
                  Or the moment of truth in your lies
                  When everything feels like the movies
                  Yeah, you bleed just to know you're alive."

"And I don't want the world to see me
                  'Cause, I don't think that they'd understand
                  When everything's made to be broken
                  I just want you to know who I am "

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2023 3:27 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Brianna, Ron, their mom
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ?
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? I don't own any quidditch stuff. Was I supposed to bring stuff?

Csuri glanced over at Brianna's mom, then looked a bit surprised to hear her former last name. Oh right, Brianna couldn't know, could she? The 12-year old gently reached a hand up to tap at Brianna's shoulder, silvery eyes looking up at her friend. Once she had Brianna's attention, Csuri offered up a quiet "My name's not Douglass anymore. I... got adopted." That was a way to explain it without having to actually dive into her own backstory. Mostly because she didn't want any sort of pity from anyone, much less her friend.

Brianna said she wanted to be a Seeker, so Csuri offered a small wave toward their mom. Apparently Brianna had mentioned Csuri before, earning a look of genuine surprise from the younger girl. "Um... maybe? I'd have to ask, but baba did say I could stay all day." Did she say she played for Gryffindor "a few years back"? Was "a few" code for 20ish or did she graduate super duper late? Maybe Ron and Brianna were adopted? Or like... cousins to this lady or something.

"I don't know what all I need. But I did sign up for Advanced Flying this year? So that should help too. But... I've never actually played quidditch before. I'm just apparently pretty good at spotting. I don't even have gear or a broom. Though I was told I can get one if I end up liking it today and promise to keep my grades up." She nodded once, a stray curl escaping and falling at the front. She was suddenly feeling quite nervous, quite ready to flee.... but she'd promised Brianna, so she kept herself rooted, though her nervous look seemed to be more prominent than her normal scowling expression.

Graydon Ironshield

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2023 5:08 pm
User Image
Brianna Cathaline Quinn-Smith
SlytherinFifth YearFifteen Years OldSingle

Csuri’s revelation caused Brianna’s eyes to widen with realization. It explained much about her friend, like why there wasn’t anyone there for her at the Club Carnival, and why she’d been so reticent about her familial relations. “Oh, Csuri…,” she said softly, before giving her a heartfelt hug. “That’s wonderful news. Oh, Csuri, I’m so happy for you…” She didn’t press for more, hoping her friend would give her all the details later when they had the chance to do so without prying ears around.

When Csuri explained how she’d never played before, and didn’t know what all she needed, Dani nodded along with her, “Yeah, fair enough. Advanced Flying will definitely help you get used to fly around the pitch at speed. And having a good eye will go a long way for you if you want to be a Seeker.” She then gave Ron a significant look, as though saying to him ‘okay, I know you’re a party to this too’.

Ron said, “Well, I still have my pads from when I started playing, Csuri should be able to fit into them just fine. She can borrow my bicycle helmet too. I, um, enchanted a ping pong ball to act like a Snitch, and painted it gold.” The last bit was confirmation in Dani’s mind of her supposition, and she glanced over at Brianna, whom added, “And, Csuri can borrow my spare broomstick until she gets one of her own. No way we’re sticking her with one of those antiques the school has for tryouts.”

Dani gave a murmur of ascent, not mentioning it was entirely likely some of those of those old broomsticks were in use back when she was flying for Gryffindor, which was a bit longer than ‘a few years back. She sighed, and said, “Okay, sounds like the two of you have this all worked out. If you’re planning to use ‘Half-Pitch’, make sure the boundary markers are still there and working, so that enchanted ping pong ball of yours doesn’t get loose and cause problems. Rather not ruin a perfectly nice day by needing to call the Obliviators. Got it?”

After both Ron and Brianna answered her affirmatively, Brianna gave Csuri a big smile, and asked her, “So, ready to see if you can become the next Viktor Krum?”

OOC:
Cinnabun Gryffie

User Image
                  "And you can't fight the tears that ain't coming
                  Or the moment of truth in your lies
                  When everything feels like the movies
                  Yeah, you bleed just to know you're alive."

"And I don't want the world to see me
                  'Cause, I don't think that they'd understand
                  When everything's made to be broken
                  I just want you to know who I am "

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2023 5:36 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxx Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Brianna, Ron, their mom
xxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Setting up for Quidditch Practice
xxxxx Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? Let's do this, I guess

Csuri was entirely surprised when she was pulled into a hug from Brianna. It was still an entirely foreign concept to Csuri, who had maybe had a total of 5 hugs in her entire life. Even though she wanted to push away, the shorter blonde instead awkwardly pat the taller on the arm, trying to figure out what else to do in a hug. It made her feel like an alien. "Yea, well..." she grumbled, not really wanting to divulge all the details in front of both Ron... and their mom. It'd be weird.

After mentioning signing up for Advanced Flying, Mrs Quinn-Smith (or was it just Quinn or Smith? Who knew how to work those dang hyphenated names) agreed that it'd help getting used to speed. "Didn't the school just do a thing for new brooms? At the festival thing?" A slight furrow to her brows as Csuri wondered what the point of the school Carnival was if not to get new stuff for the school.

It was then that Ron spoke up, saying he still had all his padding, as well as a helmet, and Brianna added that she had a broom. "I thought padding was only needed if we were playing with the... y'know, the guys lobbing the other ones? With the bats. Right?" Man, she really ought to pick up a book on Quidditch at school supplies time. Mrs Quinn-Smith told them to make sure the boundaries were still working to prevent muggles from finding them or whatever. Because the Obliviators (aka the mind-control division) would have to be called in. Csuri nodded once, despite having no idea what the "half-pitch" was or how to check boundaries.

Brianna smiled at Csuri, who did her best to return the [removed](though it looked quite uncomfortable on her face). "Um. I guess? But I'd rather just be ... y'know, Csuri...?

Csuri Narain..."

Graydon Ironshield

The United Kingdom

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items