Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Shopping in the UK
Dispe Ding ChHoists ~ NPC Owned Business ~ London Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:05 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxThe Coffee Shop
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxHeath
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx» ғeelιng «xx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxFrustrated
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ωαт¢нιиg мє ℓιкє уσυ иєνєя ωαт¢н иσ σиє, ∂σи'т тєℓℓ мє xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          уσυ ∂ι∂и'т тяу αи∂ ¢нє¢к συт му вυм, '¢αυѕє ι киσω тнαт уσυ ∂ι∂xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          '¢αυѕє уσυя fяιєи∂ тσℓ∂ мє тнαт уσυ ℓιкє∂ ιтxxxxxxxxx
                                                          уєαн, уσυ мαкє мє мєяяу, мαкє мє νєяу νєяу нαρρуxxxxxx
                                                          вυт уσυ σвνισυѕℓу, уσυ ∂ι∂и'т ωαииα ѕтι¢к αяσυи∂xxx

════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceBeth had to fight to keep her expression neutral when he mentioned being cursed. Her mind went in a few different directions. One, was he magical? Knowing her, the answer was probably yes. Her best friend had turned out to be a wizard after she'd known him for months, same thing with Yves. Virgil was magic even though he'd met Dom here at the coffee shop, which had just as many if not more muggle clientele as magic. Even her completely muggle ex-boyfriend had managed to have a muggleborn half-sister. She'd finally accepted her fate as a magic-magnet, though acceptance wasn't going to stop her from complaining about it. And she did. A lot.

spaceSecondly, was it actually possible for a witch to've hexed his family with the hair like that? She knew some magical people were naturally gifted with unnatural hair colors, but she didn't think it was because of curses. Then again, the Quintaped was supposedly a thing, and if you could do that with magic, surely you could hex someone's genes to produce kids with Easter egg hair. She wasn't sure if that was much of a curse, really. Except that she'd sort of had a point when she'd mocked his age; assuming he was magic and that was his natural hair color, he was already too old for it by muggle standards. She hoped for his sake that he had a thick skin, or that he didn't make a habit of hanging around muggles much.

space"That really what you're going with?" she asked, tone a cross between amusement and disbelief. "That's really weak, mate. Just admit you're planning on hooking up with a sixteen year old at the concert of some ridiculously teenaged punk band when you get through here. I won't judge you. Much. Might call the cops, though." She took on a faux-thoughtful expression, tapping her chin. "Wait, wait. Are you in the band? Oh, what's it called? Something horribly emo and nonsensical, right? Did you name it when you were eighteen and it just sort of stuck? Has it got more words than you've got original guitar riffs? Oh, wait wait wait!" Her expression grew sarcastically gleeful. "Are you a Green Day cover band?!"

spaceShe bit back the urge to make a comment about how it was a distinct lack of a stick that was her problem. One, she was pretending she didn't have that problem. Two, it'd be too easy. She might as well set the ball on the tee for him at that point, and take him to putt putt instead of proper golf. Why she was making that particular comparison was beyond her, but it was what came to mind. "More like a witch cursed my sister," the brunette replied with a wink and a faint cackle. "I'm not the one suffering for my bad attitude, after all. Maybe she kicked some puppies down a flight of stairs in a past life." Beth faked a pout. "Poor ickle pups. They didn't deserve that. Dogs are better than people." At this point, she was talking nonsense just because she was pretty sure that'd get on his nerves more than anything else. He'd been irritated by her probably inane question (whatever his reason for the hair color, he really was too old for it, at least by muggle standards), but his response had been snarky enough that she wanted to keep pressing. Dom would probably think she had a death wish. She insisted it was only a near death wish. Who needed drugs when you could get an adrenaline rush off fear?

╚════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxxѕιттιиg ιи яєѕтαυяαитѕ, тнσυgнт ωє ωєяє ѕσ gяσωи υρ
                                                          xxxxxxвυт ι киσω иσω тнαт ωє ωєяє иσт тнє ρєσρℓє тнαт ωє тυяиє∂ συт тσ вє
                                                          xxxxxxxxx¢нαттιиg σи тнє ρнσиє ¢αи'т тαкє вα¢к тнσѕє нσυяѕ
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxxвυт ι ωσи'т яєgяєт ¢αυѕє уσυ ¢αи gяσω fℓσωєяѕ fяσм ωнєяє ∂ιят υѕє∂ тσ вє

»» ««
                                                          xxoυт oғ cнaracтerxx
                                                          - - -

Diamond Wales

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:16 pm
User Image
                                                  You told me, "Yes"
                                                  You held me high
                                                  And I believed when you told that lie
                                                  I played soldier, you played king
                                                  And struck me down, when I kissed that ring

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════

Dцєllї$т || $lутнєяїи Alцмпї || PцяєЬlооd

════════════════════════

Heath could feel his eyes rolling heavily in his head as he heard the comment about being some sort of ****** on the hunt for teens. Really. If he had, then Rhys's friend/former rival would have gotten the full brunt of his flirting rather than him trying to hook the two up. Though the whole thing did bode well for his cousin. Rhys at least had grown enough of a backbone to harass him about the incident, though the punk still stuttered like he was terrified of his own shadow. One of these days he had to see how well Rhys handled being dragged to a karaoke bar and made to sing in front of a whole bunch of people. He might not sing well, or even decently, but the way the kid would handle himself in that situation would determine how much confidence the kid had in himself. Dating his longtime crush probably didn't hurt matters either. "Psh, hardly. It's worse, we're a Nirvana cover band and I do all the riffs myself. Gets me more girls, after all. Lead singer's got no balls and uglier than sin, dont'cha know."

He snorted, his arms crossing as (finally) his order was delivered. Nodding to the man, he turned his attention back to the girl as she commented about her sister being cursed and that it was just karma being a b***h to said sister instead. Well, he could see that being a possibility, but he didn't think curses lasted that long in families, the curse seeming plaguing his grandfather to be stuck with female children instead of males notwithstanding. That one was for one generation for sure, and considering that most of his daughters had boys, it hadn't held much weight. "An' that makes you what? The curse on your sister? Lemme guess, you mouth off to her 'bout as much as you mouth off to me. Prolly worse, considerin' that I'm just here for the moment an' not long-term like she has to deal with ya." The fact that he could see that as a viable thing was actually sort of hilarious. Go figure, muggles had as much of a bad family dynamic as his did, potentially calculating sons of bitches for siblings aside. Morgan would have hated to deal with this girl and made it a point to get rid of her as soon as possible. Which meant that Heath had a higher tolerance for arseholes than Morgan did. Fun.

════════════════════════

Thinking: Ugh, damn brat's going to be the death of me.
                                                  OOC:

You lost that right, to hold that crown
                                                  I built you up, but you let me down
                                                  So when you fall, I'll take my turn
                                                  And fan the flames
                                                  As your blazes burn

Cara MiaKitty

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:03 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxThe Coffee Shop
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxHeath

spaceBeth was unable to prevent the twitch of her lips that gave away, just for a second, her amusement. It wasn't often she came across people who actually managed to make her enjoy bantering with them. Most of the time, she got her kicks by watching the way their faces turned colors as they struggled not to call her all manner of rude names whose level of creativity was directly equal to how appropriate they were to say in public. Sometimes she was rewarded with someone who at least tried to get her equally pissed off, and inevitably settled for calling her those same boring insults when all she did was laugh at them. Her eyes sparked with interest, and she actually had to struggle to keep her expression blank. "Now I know you're lying," she said coolly. "I've never known a lead singer to fail at picking up chicks, ugly or otherwise. No one wants to sleep with the bass player, no matter how cute he is."

spaceShe clicked her tongue thoughtfully. "Nirvana, though? Exactly how old are you? Do you remember Kurt kicking it, or are you one of those guys that bought into the bullshite that grunge was the last good movement in music because your daddy told you so?" Obviously, she didn't think he was old enough to have been alive when Nirvana's frontman died, but she'd already called him a ***** too old for his look, might as well drive it home. Besides, maybe he really was magic, and maybe he only looked like he was in his late twenties. Maybe he was really a crusty old narcissist who couldn't let himself age gracefully when there were potions that made it possible to pretend. And not that Beth didn't like grunge music, it was one of her preferred genre, but that didn't mean she didn't know that most people who walked around bragging about being into it were twats. Then again, he was joking about it in response to her asking him if he were in a Green Day cover band, so he probably thought the attitude was bullshite, too... Weird. Beth wasn't used to guys being that self-aware. They were either super into Fight Club because they'd missed the point, or they hated it because their heads were so far up their arses they thought claiming to not like 'needlessly violent movies' made them superior... She had a feeling this guy was neither. Which was weirdly refreshing.

spacePlus, he wasn't screaming at her, and was in fact giving as good as he got. That was a point in his favor. Almost made her not want to keep being irritating. Almost. But if he was bantering, there was a chance he was enjoying this as much as she was, and he hadn't said anything stupid yet, so she wasn't planning on throwing in the towel just yet.
                                                          "I only mouth off to her when she makes it easy," Beth answered him, then grinned evilly. "Unfortunately, she makes it easy basically all the time. I'm not one to pass up a good opportunity, and she hands them out like a billionaire throwing quid at a stripper." Jazzy thought she was so bloody smart... and honestly, she was pretty smart. But she was also incredibly arrogant about that fact sometimes, which made it easy to catch her in an idiotic slip and never let it go. There was a whole list of things Beth was never going to let her sister live down. "And babe, I haven't even started mouthing off at you yet. But I don't see you running off now that you've got your order, or growling for me to bugger off, so I can only assume I'm not bothering you nearly as much as you say." She winked at him, figuring that if she'd misread things, he'd do as much now. But, if not... Well, she didn't have anything better to do. She'd banter back and forth with the guy until he left if he let her.

xxxxxxxxxxxxвυт ι ωσи'т яєgяєт ¢αυѕє уσυ ¢αи gяσω fℓσωєяѕ fяσм ωнєяє ∂ιят υѕє∂ тσ вє

»» ««
                                                          xxoυт oғ cнaracтerxx
                                                          - - -

Diamond Wales

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:32 pm
User Image
                                                  You told me, "Yes"
                                                  You held me high
                                                  And I believed when you told that lie
                                                  I played soldier, you played king
                                                  And struck me down, when I kissed that ring

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════

Dцєllї$т || $lутнєяїи Alцмпї || PцяєЬlооd

════════════════════════

Heath snorted, thinking that the girl honestly didn't realize that sometimes the lead singer was just that ugly. However, she was right about him lying, even if she wasn't right about him playing the bass guitar. He'd never really touched a bass in his life, though he supposed he could learn it if he wanted to. It wasn't like it was hard since he already played a regular one. He just didn't feel like learning. He only played whenever he felt like it, which meant that he wasn't spectacular, just decent enough to play a few tunes when he felt like it. However, he did have to wonder why the girl seemed to be trying to pick at him. Maybe she was PMSing or something. Girls always seemed to freak out during that time, and he just happened to be the unfortunate victim of it. Pushing that thought to the side, he shrugged at her. "Ya never seen some of the lead singers I have then. Some of them can't carry a damn tune. Couple that with a bad band, an' the guitarist certainly sounds like a better option at the time."

He rolled his eyes again when she asked how old he was and if he remembered Nirvana's front man dying. What, did he suddenly look as old as his damn grandpops or something? He doubted that his brother had even been a gleam in his mum's eye, let alone that he was even thought of. Besides, it wasn't like he hadn't heard of Kurt Colbain's demise, he just figured that the guy did what all rock stars did and died of a drug overdose. He did get a snicker at the idea that his dad had introduced him to grunge though. Like his old man would have even cared enough to be interested in Heath's life. He hadn't even stuck around long enough for Heath to get an impression on him. "Nah, that woulda been my gramps who wouldv'e introduced me to him. Though, I can't say I imagine him listenin' to that type of music. He mostly listens to classical shite an' all that. I worked my way into grunge myself."

He listened to her description of her sister, and then into the fact that he hadn't beat it as soon as he got his order. Honestly, he was just killing time, and didn't have anything better to do right now. He could apparate easily enough, so he wasn't going to be late in meeting Rhys if he wanted. Damn brat probably was off snogging his boyfriend, which Heath still found hilarious that the punk hadn't realized he was gay until Heath pointed it out. That moment alone had made his day, to say the least. "My last nerve hasn't been jumped on, if that's what you're implyin'. Besides, been annoyed by worse. Cousin's school has some of the most annoyin' twats in existence, an' I don't think that's changin' anytime soon."

════════════════════════

Thinking: Ugh, damn brat's going to be the death of me.
                                                  OOC:

You lost that right, to hold that crown
                                                  I built you up, but you let me down
                                                  So when you fall, I'll take my turn
                                                  And fan the flames
                                                  As your blazes burn

Cara MiaKitty

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:22 am
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxThe Coffee Shop
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxHeath

spaceBeth pursed her lips at him, eyes dancing playfully. She'd give him that, you had to actually be a decent band for the singer to pull girls in. But the face of the band always got first pick, that was law of the land. "Aw, so I was being too generous, is what you're saying?" she asked playfully. "I was at least assuming you were a good cover band. But, you're right, it's the only way a guitarist gets any. I think it's just because it's easier to tell if someone sucks at singing than it is to tell they suck at guitar, unless you actually know what the ******** a guitar is supposed to sound like." Which, not many people did, in her experience. She'd admit, she wasn't a big music person as far as actual understanding, but she could more or less tell when a person was skilled at their instrument. "So, what, the guy sounds like a drowned cat on a back alley fence? That it? Dump him and go instrumental, then no one will know you suck."

spaceShe wrinkled her nose at the mention of his grandfather only listening to classical, blowing a raspberry as she gave a thumbs down signal. "Eeeew," she said. "My ex, that's all he listened to, practically. Fancied himself a real bloody Shakespearean actor. The posturing was disturbing." She was being a bit unkind to Nate, but then, she was a bit unkind in general. That's why he hadn't wanted to stay with her, after all. Not that she was bitter. Not even a little. Of course, she was also exaggerating about his musical tastes, but he had definitely listened to enough classical music that it'd driven her crazy. She liked classical for what it was and all, but it had a time and a place. Make out sessions or, god forbid, sex, were not that time and/or place.

spaceThe bright grin she flashed him when he said she wasn't on his last nerve was only about half as sarcastic as it normally would've been. Which was saying something.
                                                          "Normally I'd take that as a challenge," she said, "but I'm bored and you're actually sort of fun, so I'd rather you didn't run off before you have to. I've got nothing else to do and, not counting the scones, this may very well be the highlight of my day." A bit candid, maybe, but she wasn't really one to play coy. It was a waste of time. Besides, it wasn't like she was trying to get laid... She was a lot more brutal to the guys she talked to when she wanted to get laid. They had to earn it.

spaceShe wondered if the twats at his cousin's school were half as annoying as the ones at her sister's school. Then again, she hadn't met many of her sister's classmates. The ones she had met were definitely twats, though.
                                                          "You ever think it's not that the school that's full of twats, it's just that your cousin is a t**t and like attracts like?" she asked, snickering slightly. "Jazz's like that. I've only met a few of them, but God they're annoying. And smug. I mean, I'm smug, but they take the cake." In her darker moments, Beth blamed her lack of magic. People thought they were better than her because she was defective. Whatever, they could all go jump off a cliff for all she cared. Jazzy's friends didn't really look down on her, though... They were just annoying.

»» ««
                                                          xxoυт oғ cнaracтerxx
                                                          - - -

Diamond Wales

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 11:37 am
    User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
                                              spaceTopαz Pyrope Morтeмer
                                              spxxxxxxxxce ( Pureblood PatriarchRavenclaw AlumnusCursebreaker )

spaceWhen you fall asleep with your head upon my shoulder,
                                              spaceWhen you're in my arms, but you've gone somewhere deeper.
                                              spaceAre you going to age with grace? Are you going to age without mistakes?
                                              spaceAre you going to age with grace? Or only to wake and hide your face?

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
                                              xxxxl [ Late Autumn Evening 2037 ]

Topaz Mortemer, for such a wise person, probably might have done the most reckless thing he had ever done in his miserable life. Maybe he should not have said a single thing to his sister-in-law Amelia, but what choice did Topaz have? Lazuli was pretty much unreliable and he was one of those apathetic younger brothers who would like his introvert arse left alone in the manor's basement, even if technically, he was the same person who questioned Topaz's "lack of attraction to anybody regardless or gender". Hypocrite.

Amelia, on the other hand, was worse. While she was guaranteed the most open-minded Mortemer in the family, Amelia has the nerve to say this line. Word per word: "Who cares if you're falling in love with a guy? Your dad's dead but your brother's out for your blood regardless. So get over with it before Jasper winds up again and killed your stalling arse". Merlin, it must be the perks of being a middle-class pureblood. People like that tend to be the sanest people next of muggleborns and halfblood, because old purebloods tend to be inbred. Topaz and his siblings just happened to dodge a bullet because their dad decided married a foreigner... except Jasper, though it was less of the inbreeding and more of the ridiculous level of unintended rivalry or something like that. The Eide family, his mother's family, seemed to sane enough... just that they were still a bunch of petty snots.

Topaz took the table that was near the window, knowing that Ani tend to wonder if he had forgotten and missed Topaz or something. He understood that Slytherin man, though, since Ani was trying his best. They somehow have some things in common: such as having big family issues, having terrible fathers, and probably resisting an urge to drown their own problems. Except Topaz didn't have a drinking problem and instead just throws himself into his Cursebreaking problem. Ani didn't seem to be that lucky though, but Topaz was glad that Ani wasn't that anymore. Still, Topaz will have to pick a restaurant that wasn't a bar and given that Ani liked sweets for some reason... here it was.

And after this, assuming that the confession went well... Merlin, Topaz couldn't wait to see his mother's horrified reaction that her eldest son and heir didn't brought home a pureblood woman. Whatever, he did say that he'll do anything to make his father roll in his grave.

xxxxxxxl( SIGNATURE SONG ) - ( ATTIRE ) - ( PERSONAL FILES )
                                              spaceWhen you play it hard, and I try to follow you there.
                                              spaceIt's not about control, but I turn back when I see where you go.
                                              spaceAre you going to age with grace? Are you going to leave a path to trace?
                                              spaceBut oblivion is calling out your name, you always take it further than I ever can!

WITH [Ani (soon)] AT [Coffee/Baker shop]
                                              ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
                                              « Out.Of.Cauldrons »
                                              ((out of character notes goes here))

Cara Miakitty

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 6:52 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxCoffeeshop
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxTopaz
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxNervous

now and тнen wнen ι ѕee нer ғacexxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ιт тaĸeѕ мe away тo тнaт ѕpecιal placexxxxxxxxx
                                                          and ιғ ι ѕтared тoo longxxxxxx
                                                          ι'd proвaвly вreaĸ down and cryxxx

spaceAntony approached the coffeeshop, hands stuffed into his pockets as he wondered why exactly Topaz had wanted to go out for coffee, of all things. Typically, their outings together fell quite firmly in the 'outings' category, as in, literally being outside, usually hiking. Ani liked those sorts of outings, namely because they were invigorating, and excellent at keeping his myriad of personal problems off his mind. Of course, one of those problems was the fact that he had a crush on his friend, and it wasn't very good for his mental health, he was sure, to be purposefully walking behind said friend while out on these hikes so that he had a chance to ogle the man. But, he'd long since accepted his fate to be single. Apparently, bad things tended to happen to people he was romantically involved with... actually, bad things seemed too kind of a phrasing. They tended to end up dead, is what happened to them. Even his wife, who he'd found amiable enough as a person, but not exactly loved at any juncture. Not even platonically, which was rather said, in hindsight. She'd deserved better, he was sure. He wouldn't say so for certain, since she'd been picked by his insane father and approved of by his horrid grandparents. But she'd also only been a girl at the time of her death. Too young to hold anything against her, at least to his mind.

spaceOf course, the knowledge that the world at large was probably better off if he kept himself firmly away from all romance didn't prevent him from longing for love, he was only human, after all, and lacked the grace to've been aromantic or asexual. His life might've been much easier if he were, but alas. He found that it was easier to cope with his crush on Topaz when they hiked; it limited conversation, and provided topics such as the scenery, the wildlife, experiences they could discuss as they happened instead of delving into personal questions. Not that they didn't discuss their personal lives at all, but it wasn't the default conversation focus, and it came up so infrequently that if there was a question to dodge, the dodge went largely unnoticed. Meeting for coffee removed that safety net, and as such, Ani was quite nervous. At least it was a coffeeshop and not a restaurant; he wouldn't have to be tempted to order a drink to ease his anxiety.

spaceHe tried not to let his discomfort show as he entered the shop, spotting Topaz easily enough on his way in. Debating for a moment, he went to the table rather than the front counter. Some places like this served at the table if it was slow enough, right? Topaz was already seated. Leaving him at the table to get a drink would've felt awkward. Also, Ani despised decaf, but had a feeling that a caffeinated beverage was likely not the best idea at the moment. Did they have tea here? Most coffeeshops had a variety, maybe there was a chamomile or something else meant to relax on the menu. He gave Topaz what he hoped was a normal-looking smile, settling into the chair across from the man with a glance at the menu.
                                                          "Hey. Have you been here before?" he asked, curious. The randomness of the venue was sticking with him. Perhaps it'd been chosen specifically due to the lack of alcohol? If so, he appreciated it greatly. But he didn't see why they were meeting like this instead of just going out like they normally did. It had him slightly on edge, truth be told. This was the sort of venue you chose when you wanted to speak to someone about something important. Rarely were those conversations good ones.

xxxѕнe'ѕ goт eyeѕ oғ тнe вlυeѕт ѕĸιeѕ
                                                          xxxxxxaѕ ιғ тнey тнoυgнт oғ raιn
                                                          xxxxxxxxxι'd нaтe тo looĸ ιnтo тнoѕe eyeѕ
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxxand ѕee an oυncepaιn

User Image

»» ««
                                                          xxoυт oғ cнaracтerxx
                                                          - - -

Jade Galaksylph

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 6:48 am

Topaz was busying himself with his cup of decaf coffee because he was slightly nervous and pretty much of a masochist, so thank Merlin when Ani finally came in to the shop. "Salut, Ani. How are things going? And it's nice to see you here again." And he really meant it, just seeing him made the Ravenclaw a bit happy, while at the same time it made him slightly anxious since both of them weren't in the usual setting. Normally, Topaz and Ani would always go hiking and/or trekking to talk about their interests, nature, and rarely personal questions. But then, they do those things to have at least some normal moments and temporarily distract themselves from their own problems. Topaz knew of who Ani was related to, so there was no way he was going to ask him that; on the other side he didn't want to talk about his own as well because it felt like it was still fresh. Thinking about it made Topaz's scar on his left cheek itch even if he got it six years ago, but he was convinced that the itch was just all in his mind.

Being asked if Topaz had ever went to this place before, he nodded, "Sometimes, when I want to get myself some coffee on my way to work at Gringotts. It's usually take-out, but my brother Lazuli likes this place for some reason." Topaz took his sip on his coffee, "But I think he's being biased about it just because the Head Baker in this place is French and well... I know you that you're into sweets, so I thought this is a good place to start." He cleared his throat when he realized that he might be rambling again like some typical Ravenclaw, one of the things his nephew Garnet always complained about. "Stop talking, uncle," He would say exasperately as he was doing his History of Magic tutorial back in Summer, "I only asked you about the Chamber of Secrets, why did you have to go as far into Harry Potter's biography?" But then, it's Garnet being Garnet- but at much as Topaz was concerned over his nephew's tempered attitude similar to Jasper's, at least Garnet learned a lot from Amelia about being better. Though Garnet's internalizing attitude was becoming a problem that it made Topaz wonder about how that Devereux kid was able to stand him, as much as he really appreciated that boy's support.'

Setting down his cup of half-empty coffee, Topaz decided to order a slice of apple cake as the waiter arrived and engaged to a small conversation with Ani for a while. Eventually, his expression was quite thoughtful while at same time he was worried about how he could say this to Ani. Merde, what if he accidentally freaked the man out? What if he didn't reciprocate? And what if Ani will be loss for words and never see him again? Damn it, the last thing Topaz ever needed was losing someone close to him. "So, do you mind me asking something? Nothing bad, I assure you." The Ravenclaw began to speak, as he was twisting the ring on his middle finger- indicating that he was contemplating about something, "If someone close to you were to say that they have feelings for you- in a romantic sense, mind- how... how would you react?" He was trying to not look like he's being ridiculous, his usually olive skin has reddish undertones on it. Topaz would like to see himself as a sane man, therefore he wasn't being ridiculous... Hopefully.

spaceBut oblivion is calling out your name, you always take it further than I ever can!

WITH [Ani] AT [Coffee/Baker shop]
                                              « Out.Of.Cauldrons »

Cara Miakitty

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:02 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxCoffeeshop
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxTopaz
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxNervous

spaceAntony felt rather awkward, not having gotten a drink before sitting down. But now he was somewhat trapped, and it was no one's fault but his own. He smiled slightly in response to the comment on his liking sweets, which seemed like an understatement. "I'm not quite sure how I'd manage if I didn't," he half-joked. "Kenny's father and aunt both seem to think that dessert is supposed to be the main course of a meal. Considering how often I'm invited for dinner, I think I'd starve if I didn't like a little sugar now and again." That, and it was a replacement addiction for his alcoholism, but he wasn't going to say that here. There were other patrons about that didn't need to hear him going on about being a drunk. "Why do you think I'm always so eager to go out hiking, anyway? Something has to burn those calories." Truthfully, before meeting Topaz, he'd been getting a little heavy. Considering he was naturally small-framed, to an extent, it'd been rather unsettling. To say nothing of the kind of shape he'd been in when he'd been drinking.

spaceHe gestured to Topaz to indicate that he was free to ask his question, whatever it may be. Inside, though, he was exceptionally uncomfortable. He didn't think he'd had enough time to build himself up for... whatever was about to happen. He'd be lying if he said he wasn't at least a little terrified. The Ravenclaw's assurance that it wasn't anything bad didn't do much to relax him, because people had a nasty habit of lying about that, whether they did it on purpose or not. Trying not to grit his teeth, he braced himself, and yet still managed to be utterly unprepared for what finally came out of his friend's mouth.

spaceAni's mouth gaped open rather like a fish for a moment before he snapped it shut, blushing ever so slightly.
                                                          "I, uh," he tried, but no words would come out. Should've gotten a drink, because his throat was suddenly dry. "It, um. I suppose that it would, uh. It would depend on, um. Who it was? I, um. I can't really answer that? In a hypothetical, exactly, um. Since it would be, um, different. Depending on, uh. Who it was?" Merlin, he sounded like his daughter. Actually, no he sounded worse, because she had made significant improvements regarding her anxiety, whether she realized it or not. He, meanwhile, was still a stuttering mess whenever someone caught him off-guard. "But, um. I, uh, I don't suppose, um. That you know something I don't?" There was a rather obvious answer to the question 'why is he asking me this,' but Ani was rather in denial about it even being a possibility. He'd resigned himself to being single long before he'd met Topaz, and had only ever vaguely entertained the notion of anything happening between them. It had never even reached the status of hypothetical. More like fantasy, which he hadn't devoted much attention to, for fear of turning into a creep. He was too old to worry about being a creep, dammit.

spaceHis cheeks reddened further, and he fought to try and smile, to play it off like he wasn't two seconds from a breakdown. Perhaps breakdown wasn't the right word; he wasn't panicking, really. Having an adrenaline rush, more, and nervous. Like a teenager getting asked out by his crush. Except that wasn't what was happening. Her nervously ran his hand over the back of his neck, trying to ground himself.
                                                          "Uh, honestly, I um. Don't think about it much? My romantic history has been, um. Well, not so great? Horrible, actually. So, I've sort of, um. Distanced myself from it. Tried not to, uh. Worry so much. Figured I was, um, making it worse? For myself? Focusing too much attention on something that, uh, couldn't be helped. More or less." Clearly, love was not going to fall in his lap, he'd eventually reasoned. Waiting for it and not being happy until it happened had never worked out for him, so best to stop treating it like a given.

spaceIt occurred to him then that perhaps Topaz was actually seeking advice, and this had nothing to do with him. He swallowed, feeling like an idiot, and forced himself to take a breath or two before speaking again.
                                                          "I'm, um. Not really sure I'm the best person to ask about this, really," he said, the more reasonable explanation calming him slightly. Depressing, sure, but only because he did fancy Topaz. And he was lonely, no matter how much he tried to ignore it, so of course any hint would have him going straight to the hope that perhaps his feelings were reciprocated. But he was somewhat grateful that some sense had returned to him, and the lack of pressure helped calm him. "I really can't, um. Overstate. How horrible my dating history has been," he continued. "So, um. If, uh, if you need help with, um. A difficult situation? I might not be the best to ask. Uh. Sorry?" He did wish he could be more help, but he was probably the worst person in the world to go to for any sort of romantic advice. His advice? Ask someone else. Literally anyone else. He'd call Jojo and hand Topaz his mobile before he'd try to actually suggest any course of action in response to that. Even though she hated Topaz. For supposedly leading Ani on... Okay, maybe he'd call Kenny.

User Image

»» ««
                                                          xxoυт oғ cнaracтerxx
                                                          - - -

Jade Galaksylph

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:13 pm

Ani's flustered atmosphere was so contagious that Topaz found himself to be caught off-guard, for someone who was so used to be on alert. Then again, being prepared for his evil brother was different to preparing for the guy you have feelings with. Yep, Antony probably had no idea what Topaz was going here, and he wasn't sure if that should be counted as a relief. Topaz bit his lip nervously, obviously looking like he was trying to put together some words for a while. He should be calm right now, and try to calculate before diving into things headfirst but Merlin, this was so harder than solving complicated Arithmancies.

Topaz has to consider Ani's words, however, about the fact that the other man has a bad history when it comes to love life. Then again, so does most purebloods- you have parents crushing your dreams when you want to love someone that wasn't up their standards. Things would be much easier if the Mortemer family history was something similar to the Weavers, Amelia was definitely allowed to marry a halfblood if she can. But in Topaz's case, it was more to the fact that he has this dull attraction... that and he didn't want to marry just to "continue the family line". Leave that to Lazuli and Jasper for all he cared. When Ani came to admit that he wasn't the best person to ask about it, Topaz cleared his throat to answer, "Er, it's okay. I'm not exactly experienced when it comes to love life, you see. I was..." Topaz's cheeks reddened, either in being flustered or being anxious of what will come to him. "Actually, I wish I can say this easier but um, I am just uncertain for what will happen next, and I'm just a bit afraid that if I say this in a blunt way, you might freak out and probably avoid me after that. And I'm not sure if..." Oh Rowena willing... here it goes. "If you have feelings for me, because I do for you.... I mean, if you want to walk out, feel free, I guess. But yeah, when I say that I'm into you or something, I'm serious about it." He said it in a sheepish low voice, speaking a bit faster than he should. Topaz wasn't going to hope that this will end with a happy outcome, and he will just play safe and expect the worst.

« Out.Of.Cauldrons »

Cara Miakitty

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:22 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxCoffeeshop
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxTopaz
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxNervous

spaceAntony's nervousness only got worse when Topaz seemed to respond in kind, rambling every so slightly. He was somewhat ashamed that he couldn't seem to handle the situation like an adult, and moreso that his anxiety seemed infectious. He wanted to apologize, but didn't quite get the chance. The end of his friend's rant caught him extremely off-guard. In fact, off-guard was an understatement of the highest degree. For a long moment, he was concerned that his daughter was right about his father's insanity being genetic. It would certainly explain his apparent hallucination. At the moment, that's all he could fathom this entire conversation being. Either that, or he had the worst hearing in the world.

spaceHe didn't respond for a long moment, having more than a little trouble processing the development. When he finally realized how long he'd been silent, he felt even worse. People didn't tend to appreciate being gaped at like a fish when they confessed they were attracted to another person, after all. He swallowed slowly, trying and failing to meet Topaz's eyes.
                                                          "I... I'm very sorry, could you please... for the sake of my sanity, please repeat that?" he asked, still not entirely trusting his grasp on reality. Having gone off the deepe end and imagined the confession somehow managed to seem more likely than the idea that it'd actually happened.

spaceOf course, that wasn't the best response, either, and he knew it. But Merlin, what was he supposed to say? He'd long since acknowledged that his love life was destined to remain nonexistent, and even if he'd figured on meeting someone eventually, he'd been quite certain it wouldn't be Topaz. The other man had never shown any interest in being more than friends, as far as Ani could recall. It could just be that he'd missed the signs, of course. Or been actively ignoring them because he was afraid of seeing something that wasn't there and being crushed. But now, presented with the idea that he'd been wrong on both counts, he wasn't quite sure if he could believe it. Flushing deeper, he inhaled slowly, closing his eyes for a moment.
                                                          "I'm sorry, I just... This is, um. Unexpected? I wouldn't have ever thought... I mean, I assumed we were firmly in the 'friends' category with one another. Not that I wouldn't be interested in that changing? But I didn't imagine it was an option, um. I, uh..."

spaceAn obnoxious voice in his head reminded him firmly that he was too old for this. But he didn't know what to say to it, other than that it wasn't helping in the slightest. Another deep breath, and he finally managed to meet Topaz's eyes. "I would be lying if I said I hadn't thought about it. But, like I said, I uh. I was rather under the impression that it would never happen. Um... But, if, if you're... I know you said you're serious, I'm sorry, I'm just having trouble processing. But, um. I, uh, I certainly don't want to walk out." How he'd managed to get all that out was beyond him. It felt like a miracle. Then again, this whole interaction did. He still wasn't entirely sure he wasn't hallucinating. Or dreaming, that was possible as well. He supposed he'd know if he very suddenly woke up at the exact worst moment. Whenever that would be.

User Image

»» ««
                                                          xxoυт oғ cнaracтerxx
                                                          - - -

Jade Galaksylph

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:38 am

Topaz initially blinked confused at Ani when the man asked him to repeat "for the sake of his sanity", then Topaz remembered about Lysandar Tempest. He didn't exactly know a thing or two about the Tempest family, but what he was sure about was that they're bad news except Ani and... Jojo, was it? Not that he had met the family aside from Ani, but he knew of that one guy from that family who was in Azkaban, escaped, and then died. Topaz will never say this to Ani's face, but he guess assuming that the things about Lysandar in the newsletter are true, then good riddance. "Long story short. I like you, I only didn't say it because you might freak out and never speak to me again. And um..."

Topaz scratched the back of his neck, wondering if the reason why he saw himself as demi was because he was in denial that he has at least some romantic attraction to guys. But... he really really found it hard to find attraction or feelings to anyone, which was why Topaz and his late father were always fighting. His father just wanted Topaz to have a pureblood wife to continue the family life, but Topaz didn't want to marry someone when he didn't feel anything to them in the first place. And seeing how his parents used to fight when he was young, and the fact that Jasper and Amelia also ended up dueling against each other... Topaz just found it hard to see the concept of two people in a good functional relationship. Well sure, there's Lazuli and his late wife Georgia... except the latter was dead. Beryl and Robert? Hell, they've gone through tough times to win over Robert's family's favor of dating Beryl Mortemer, and in the end? They died as well.

At first, Topaz would thought that maybe he didn't deserve to have the same life but then, he didn't think the entire Mortemer family deserved to be die alone. Sighing tiredly, he nodded in agreement when Antony comment that the whole thing was "unexpected", "Me too, to be honest." He looked down at his cup of tea, which seemed to be getting colder every minute, "Well, I've been thinking through this for a while, though I think this is the hardest for me to think this through because- I dunno, maybe because I find it a it hard to see myself having a romantic situation due to- well, you know what I mean." Topaz made this really vague gesture on himself, meaning to say "perks of being a Mortemer and being demi" but that's very not helping to say that.

Knowing that his reddish face was probably heating up, Topaz put his cold hand on his scarred left cheek hoping that his hand will warm up a bit and neutralize the rising temperature of his cheeks. He was however relieved when Antony said that not only was he implying that he was also thinking about it, as well as the fact that the man won't walk away from him. On the other hand, Topaz felt really bad for Antony because he thought that he was making him feel bad. "Are you implying that you may or may not have feelings for me as well? I mean, I know I should be relieved because of the whole reciprocating thing but I guess we're both too busy being a pair of idiotic blokes to see it that way. I think... I might have not thought this through wisely enough but I... I kind of like to think that it's better than regretting and being miserable." The Ravenclaw let out a nervous sigh, with an embarrassed smile afterwards, composing himself as he finally gathered the words he was sure to say, "So, what's next? I mean, we can try and making this a date so that I can assure you that your feet is still on the ground?" He paused, twisting his yellow-stoned ring to think, "Well... It doesn't have to be fancy, going for a walk in some Irish park works. What do you think?"

« Out.Of.Cauldrons »

Cara Miakitty

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:37 pm
███████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░
xxxxxxxxJ A Y D E N D R I C K S O N

Unemployed ◆ Gryffindor Alumnus ◆ Pure Blood

Nobody thinks what I think,
                                                              Nobody dreams when they blink
                                                              Think things on the brink of blasphemy
                                                              I'm my own shrink
                                                              Think things are after me, my catastrophe
                                                              I'm a kitchen sink,

Jayden and Tori had broken up finally... it had actually kind of ended up being pretty mutual... which was nice at least. No bad blood or whatever.
                                                              He had spent a few weeks free of any kind of attachment, but no matter what he did, he could not get Noelle off of his mind. He had talked to his mom about all of it, and his mom had just given him one of those knowing mom looks that she tended to do, before telling him to ask Noelle out on a proper date. Of course, once he had an actual date set up for the date,
                                                              his mom had gone all mom like on him and helped him pick out the 'perfect' outfit and tried to tell him all the right things to say... which he rolled his eyes at. It wasn't like he was incompetent. He was great with women....

So now he sat at a table in the bakery, waiting for Noelle to arrive and he was nervous. He wasn't sure he had ever been nervous about a date before.
                                                              He was always smooth and solid and smirking... he wasn't sure what he was supposed to do about nerves. What did nerves even mean? He sighed and rubbed his temples for a moment before taking a sip of the tea he had ordered himself. Hopefully that would calm his nerves.

Are you searching for purpose?
                                                              Then write something, yeah it might be worthless
                                                              Then paint something then, it might be wordless
                                                              Pointless curses, nonsense verses
                                                              You'll see purpose start to surface

░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████
ooc:

Miss GryffindorK

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:44 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

ℬ𝒆𝓪𝓾𝔁𝓫𝓪𝓽𝓸𝓷𝓼 𝓐𝓵𝓾𝓶𝓷𝓪 𝓤𝓷𝒆𝓶𝓹𝓵𝓸𝔂𝒆𝓭

Noëlle had spent quite a while getting to know Jayden, from his insecurities to his hopes and dreams. She had helped him after he and Tori broke up, and had been a constant companion. When he decided he wanted to be single and wild for a few weeks, she agreed, saying it would be healthy for him. Of course, that few weeks had been hell for her. As her grandmother pointed out, she was pining (though she also said it was an englashman's curse). Noëlle had to struggle with her emotions. Sure, she'd dated a few boys in school, but this felt far different from any of those. Was it just because this was her first "adult" relationship... or that she wished there were more?

After Jayden had asked her out on a real date, Noë promptly agreed. It was going to be great! She spent hours working on her hair and makeup, all while Kylian teased her. Stupid brothers! When she finally felt confident in her attire, she apparated back to Diagon and walked over to the bakery. Inside, she spotted Jayden, and immediately had to take a deep breath. Had she ever had butterflies this badly? He had tea already, and the woman worried she had made him wait, so she walked in and sat at his table, a nervous smile on her lips. "Jayden, mon chéri! It is good to see you again. 'Opefully you 'ave not been waiting long for me?" She looked over at him, swearing her heart skipped a beat or two.

Devlyn Maycry"

Sᴘʟᴀsʜ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ sɪʟᴠᴇʀ sᴄʀᴇᴇɴ ɪɴᴛᴏ ᴀ ᴅᴇᴇᴘ ᴅʀᴀᴍᴀᴛɪᴄ sᴄᴇɴᴇ
I sᴡɪᴍ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛʜᴇᴀᴛᴇʀ ᴏʀ ᴍᴀʏʙᴇ I'ᴍ ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴀ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍᴇʀ
Lɪᴋᴇ ᴀ ᴋɪᴛᴇ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʙʀɪɢʜᴛ ᴍɪᴅᴅᴀʏ, ᴡᴏɴᴅᴇʀ sᴛᴏʟᴇ ᴍʏ ʙʀᴇᴀᴛʜ ᴀᴡᴀʏ
Sʜʏ sᴏɴᴀᴛᴀ ꜰᴏʀ Mᴇʀᴄᴜʀʏ, ᴛʜᴇ sᴛᴀʀs ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs sɪɴɢ sᴏ ᴘʀᴇᴛᴛʏ
Tʜɪs ᴘɪᴄɴɪᴄ ᴡɪʟʟ sᴏᴏɴ ᴅᴇᴘᴀʀᴛ, ʀᴇᴀʟ ʟɪꜰᴇ, I'ᴍ sᴀᴅ ᴛᴏ sᴇᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ɢᴏ
I'ʟʟ ᴍɪss ʏᴏᴜ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴀʟʟ ᴍʏ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ, ʙᴜᴛ I'ᴅ ʀᴀᴛʜᴇʀ ʙᴇ ᴀʟᴏɴᴇ
'Cᴀᴜsᴇ I ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅɴ'ᴛ ʟɪᴠᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜᴏᴜᴛ sᴜɴsᴇᴛs ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴅᴀᴢᴢʟᴇ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴜsᴋ
Sᴏ I'ʟʟ ᴅʀᴀɢ ᴛʜᴇ ᴀɴᴄʜᴏʀ ᴜᴘ ᴀɴᴅ ʀᴇsᴛ ᴀssᴜʀᴇᴅ, 'ᴄᴀᴜsᴇ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍs ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴛᴜʀɴ ᴛᴏ ᴅᴜsᴛ.

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Fuzzymelonlord

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:34 pm
User Image

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
Company
Who you're with
Mood
How you feel

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

~~

How could it be? 20 Something
All alone still, not a thing in my name
Ain’t got nothin’, runnin’ from love
Only know fear
That’s me, Ms. 20 Something
Ain’t got nothin’, runnin’ from love.
Wish you were here, oh

Kseniya couldn't stop herself from yawning as she and Aleksander made their way inside the coffee shop. The young boy had wanted a snack and some coffee of his own. The young mother was pretty aware that it wasn't the best idea to give her eight year old coffee, or at least she was made aware anytime she bought him some (and boy was she tired of hearing nosy baristas telling her that she was being irresponsible, it was annoying). But the caffeine helped the boy calm down, and after the terrible sleep Kseniya had gotten the night before, she needed him a little more calm. "Зайка, stop running. I vill not katch you if you fall" She muttered, shoving her hands into her jacket pockets as the younger boy quickly did as he was told but not before running back and standing at his mother's side.

As the two waited in the line, Kseniya noticed Aleksander getting impatient, fidgeting with the zipper on his jacket and bouncing as he did. "Go find us table. You kan play vith your legos while you vait for me." The small boy beamed and took his mother's purse before bolting off to go find them a table. Before he could he was distracted by a stranger who had a whole table to himself with a lot of paper on it. So being the curious boy he was, he went over to the male. "Are you writing a story book mister?"

Stuck in them 20 somethings
Good luck on them 20 somethings
God bless these 20 somethings
Hopin’ my 20 somethings won’t end
Hoping’ to keep the rest of my friends
Prayin’ the 20 somethings don’t kill me
don’t kill me

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
OOC
I hope this is alright ^^;;

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

Diamond Wales