Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply The United Kingdom
London Library ~ England Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:54 pm
User Image

After all this has ραṡṡε∂, I still will гє๓คเภ 
After I've cried my ℓαṡτ, there'll be ๒єคยҭұ from pain 
And though I can't
υи∂εяṡταи∂ why this ђคקקєภє๔ 
I ќиøω that I will when I look back ร๏๓є๔คұ

Ver looked up at him, smiling like a fool when he kissed her nose. "I love you too Erik. " She whispered, leaning up to kiss his nose too. "It may have taken me this long to figure it out, but now I know it, and we have each other. Everything else will figure itself out from there." She smiled gently and hugged him tightly, trying to draw out this moment as long as she could. She didn't want to part ways.

OOC: …

Here I am at the єภ๔ of me. Tryin' to hold to what I can't ṡεε  
I forgot how to ђ๏קє. This night's been so ℓøиģ 
I cling to Your קг๏๓เรє. There will be a ∂αωи 
Though it won't be ҭ๏ค๔ұ, someday I'll нøρε again

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:51 pm
User Image
╔══════════════════════╗
εяιќ---мεяε∂ιτн
╚══════════════════════╝

You can say what you have to say
'cause my mind's made up anyway

You can say what you want about me.....

He smiled at her words, knowing they rang true in his ears. He brushed a lock of her hair back behind her ear. "We'll see each other soon. I'll walk you to the train station," he said with a smile and held out his hand for her.

.....keep talking while I'm walking away

all that bullshit you talk might work a lot
but it's not gonna work today

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:11 pm
User Image

After all this has ραṡṡε∂, I still will гє๓คเภ 
After I've cried my ℓαṡτ, there'll be ๒єคยҭұ from pain 
And though I can't
υи∂εяṡταи∂ why this ђคקקєภє๔ 
I ќиøω that I will when I look back ร๏๓є๔คұ

Ver smiled and took his hand, intertwining their fingers and moving closer to him as they left the library and started their way back to King's Cross. She was perfectly happy walking in silence. It gave her time to think about everything that had happened that day and it gave her time to figure out exactly how she was going to talk to Darius.

OOC: …

Here I am at the єภ๔ of me. Tryin' to hold to what I can't ṡεε  
I forgot how to ђ๏קє. This night's been so ℓøиģ 
I cling to Your קг๏๓เรє. There will be a ∂αωи 
Though it won't be ҭ๏ค๔ұ, someday I'll нøρε again

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:14 pm
User Image
Fiona is...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // Looking Fashionable at the London Library.space
CURRENTLY // singlespaces
CURRENTLY WITH // No onespacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Lonelyspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Ah, well. I always have my books to keep me company...' spacespac

◆ ◆ ◆ Should I choose the smoothest course?
◆ ◆ ◆ Steady as the beating drum. ◆ ◆ ◆
Is all my dreaming at an end? ◆ ◆ ◆
═════════════════════════════════

Fiona wandered the shelves of books, a pensive look on her face. She hadn't been to this place in years... it'd always been so much easier to simply buy her books and bring them home. But lately, she'd felt rather... lonely. She wanted to spend some times with... someone. Nicole wasn't available at the moment, though. And she didn't really have any other friends. She once again cursed her decision to dedicate herself so fully to her career straight out of Hogwarts; perhaps she'd have more on her social calendar. Unfortunately, that left her without much to do when the store was empty and Nicole was occupied elsewhere. It'd been a strange sense of need that'd brought her here, a desire to be around people, even if she didn't interact with anyone. Which she probably wouldn't; so much time alone had made her frightfully awkward when she didn't have the premise of her job between them. Customers were easy; she knew what was expected of their interaction, knew what was required. But without that... she had no clue. It was incredibly aggravating, particularly when she was in one of her moods... like she was now. She sighed, her eyes straying to the books in front of her. Archaeology? How had she ever ended up over here? Last time she'd really looked at the titles, she was fairly certain she'd been in the fiction section...

◆ ◆ ◆ Or, do you still wait for me, Dream Giver,
                                                              Just around the riverbend... ◆ ◆ ◆

User Image

(( OOC: ))

Greycast

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:32 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Jaime was not having the best of days.

Admittedly, he was being very infantile in his handling of the problems today--- not to mention his problems were slightly none too mature in nature as well--- but after waiting months to borrow that book and spending the said months toiling in the hot Chios sun, obviously no one would be too happy to find out that the book, which he had reserved a copy of to borrow even before it had been stocked in the first damned place, had been lent out to someone else, who probably had no other use for it other than to adorn his bookshelf for a while, probably for a function and make it look as if he was an intellectual with a great amount of amassed knowledge.

The redhead rolled his eyes. It was a book on the relation of the Greek mythological circles and their possible influences on the history of religious architecture all around the world today. Even he wouldn't have read it, if not for the fact that he could possibly dig up some more possible theories to add to his team's growing collection of plausible theories.

Which reminded him.

His trips back home always had to happen when Kas was somewhere else, another thing to be irked about in general. Sighing in exasperation, Jaime took a few steps backwards, hoping to all high hell that maybe he would find something else that would be of use to him without having to sift through the entire Archaeology/Architecture/Religion section. He hit something then, bumping into something that didn't feel anything like wood, or a bookshelf but maybe a bod---

Oh, it was a person. Oh my God.

Steadying the woman he had bumped into--- a woman, oh God, he'd bumped into a woman, how much more impolite could he get?--- the redhead let her go once she'd regained her balance. Rubbing the back of his head sheepishly, Jaime smiled, embarrassed. "My apologies for that," he spoke, tone still sheepish. "I wasn't looking. Are you alright?"

Cara MiaKitty

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:11 am
User Image
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Ah, well. I always have my books to keep me company...' spacespac

Fiona let out an exclamation when a seemingly absent-minded man ran into her. His hands reached out to steady her, and she wobbled for a moment to regain her balance. When he released her, she smiled, waving her hand. "Oh, donae worry abou' i'. I'm qui'e alrigh', as ye ken see. I's nae as though I've no' been bumped intae before, af'er all." Still, she flushed somewhat. "I could've jes as easily bumped intae ye. Wasnae paying attention tae where I was goin', either." She didn't say that she'd been too lost in her thoughts, or why. It was rather personal, after all. Still, she was exuding a very obvious air of loneliness. In all honesty, she was almost glad he'd bumped into her... it was likely the only way she'd get any interaction with anyone, after all. She offered him a small, shy smile. "I'm Fiona McKinney." The man looked about her age, and she couldn't help but notice that he was rather handsome. And red-headed, just as she was. Not that such a thing was entirely uncommon, particularly in the UK, with Ireland and Scotland being so close, but still, it was rare that she meet someone else with hair even close to the same hue as her own. However, his was much more vibrant. While her hair was almost more of a strawberry blonde, his was an outright red. She wondered if it was natural. Her hand went to her own spiraling locks, ruffling them a bit. It was a habit she had, had always had, even as a child. She would never understand why, but she was simply obsessed with touching her own hair... or the hair of anyone else, really, although she didn't ever actually touch other people's hair. It tended to come off as odd, after all. And she was odd enough without that being added onto it.

User Image

Greycast

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:19 am

Jaime inclined his head towards the woman in his greeting. "T'is a pleasure to make your acquaintance, Miss Mckinney," the redhead answered, a slight smile quirking up his lips. She'd had an accent that brought back some good memories about Europe and sent him on a brief reminiscence about his home continent. It was definitely a welcome change from the other, more vowel-heavy international that he had gotten used to and had wormed their understanding ways into his head during the past few months. He felt briefly self-conscious about his conspicuous lack of any dialectal inflections on his words at all before brushing it off just as quickly. Still, the man thought wryly, next to Fiona's lilting brogue, his non-accent sounded so odd.

"Jaime de Assi - Aldruil," he introduced himself, giving out the customary 'de Assi' as well, something he was required to do after assuming his position as steward. "If you're sure," he spoke, referring to her assurance that she was alright. Jaime was a tall man, despite having half of his genes inherited from the more redheaded side of the family which was prone to producing fun-sized individuals, as exampled by his cousin and charge Kas, who was probably never going to reach anywhere near his marker--- a solid 6"6 that he was perfectly happy with--- even with the help of puberty. He was just.... short. Upon the other's remark about her not paying too much attention as well, Jaime let out a small laugh. "It tends to happen a lot now, doesn't it?" he smiled, looking out the window of the library at the cloudy, it's-going-to-rain-for-sure greycast sky that always covered London, especially during this season. "Especially during this time of the year," he added, turning back to the woman. He missed being able to wear multiple layers of clothing without the risk of death by overheating. Oh, how he missed dank, dreary, freezing cold England! It had certainly been far too long. "It happens to the best of us, though," he grinned lightly.

Cara MiaKitty

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:50 pm
User Image

Fiona found herself wondering where this man was from. His name was quite unusual, and he certainly didn't have a British accent, or a brogue like her own, either Scots or Irish. It wasn't French, either, or Eastern European... and that was the extent of her knowledge of accents. Aside from the occasional graduate of Beauxbatons or Durmstrang, most of her customers were from the UK, after all. Her head tilted to the side a bit, and she was hardly even listening to what he was saying... more to how he was saying it. After a moment, she realized he'd stopped talking, and tried to recall what he'd said, flushing. The red darkening her cheeks had an odd effect on her complexion, and clashed ever so slightly with her hair. After a moment's pause, she recalled. "Oh, aye, yer righ' abou' tha'. I'm nae sure wha' i' is, but sommat abou' th' holidays jes leave people runnin' abou' wit their heads in th' clouds, aye?" Fiona's mother had always jokingly referred to it as Christmas Goggles. Unfortunately, it'd been a while since she'd had much of a Christmas. She tended to be more distracted by her work or her books than anything else. Still, the season did tend to blind her. Even if it was tinted by the lightest hint of sorrow, she did still love the air of hope, generosity, love... it was incredibly magical. Which should seem odd since she was, in fact, a witch, but there was a distinct difference between magic from a wand and magic in the air. Her eyes grew a little sad. She wondered if Nicole would mind her crashing her family's Christmas... probably not a good idea, though. Nicole had a new man in her life... well, not new, he'd been her boss when they'd met, but still. There was something distinctly romantic about their relationship nowadays, and Fiona didn't want to be in the way. It almost brought a sigh to her lips. But, she wasn't alone right now, wallowing in her loneliness. She was having a conversation. No room for self-pity right now. So, she smiled, and gave a soft, hearty chuckle. "I suppose there are worse things tae be distracted by. An' so long as the person ye bump intae isn' rude abou' it, ye usually end up wit a funny li'l story tae share la'er on, aye?" Not that Fiona would be telling anyone about the handsome stranger who'd bumped into her at the library. She had a feeling that Nicole would enjoy poking her nose into that far too much.

User Image

Greycast

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:38 pm

Jaime fought to stave off a laugh at the way Fiona seemed to be listening to him. It happened often enough when he spoke, when people were thrown off by the clipped, non-accent enough to almost miss what he was actually saying. He supposed he could try developing one, but it was too much work for him and he liked the way it set him apart. At the very least, he would have been remembered as that person who spoke differently. There was a short pause from her after he had stopped talking until she remembered what he'd said. He nodded in agreement. "Christmas spirit, perhaps?" he put forward as an explanation. "Or the cold," he added absently. A wry smile came forward on his expression. "It's been a while since I've spent a cold Christmas, much less a white one."

"There are," Jaime nodded, agreeing with the latter parts of Fiona's statements. Wry smile still in place, Jaime took a little risk. He wasn't going to be in England very long and she seemed pleasant to talk to. He did need to talk to more people, something he was constantly reminded of thanks to his pushy colleagues who liked to drag him out once in a while to a Chian bar after work. Maybe it was the climate, but it wasn't too much for him. "Yes, you do," the redhead laughed. "But though funny stories are all well and good, might I interest you in a cup of coffee or two? You'd leave with a good cup of life as well," Jaime grinned lightly. He still had to try and make amends for earlier too. "It'll be my making up for bumping into you earlier."

Cara MiaKitty

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:24 pm
User Image

Fiona smiled at the man. "Chris'mas. Yule. Wha'e'er people celebra'e, I think. I's certainly uplifting, tae say th' leas'." When he said he'd not had a white Christmas in a while, her head tilted, her eyes questioning. "Been away from yer home? I cannae imagine no' havin' snow on Chris'mas. Or the entire month o' December, actually." She chuckled a bit. Did he hail from somewhere with white Christmases? Or had he moved somewhere in his youth? His strange accent was throwing her off. She wasn't even really sure if it was an accent at all, actually. All she knew was that he certainly wasn't from any country she was familiar with.

His invitation to coffee brought a light flush to her cheeks, and she barely managed to choke back a girlish giggle. She wasn't sure if it was his intention, but the man was coming off as rather flirtatious. She might just be reading more into it than she should, of course; people were wont to do that when they were lonely. But, he had invited her for coffee, and she would enjoy the company. She smiled widely at him, tossing her strawberry curls over her shoulder.
                                                              "Tha' sounds qui'e lovely, in fac'. I think i'd do me a fair bi' o' good, wit th' weather bein' so cold. Do ye know a place? I'm afraid I've no' been to this par' o' London in years. Managed tae ge' lost on th' way here, in fac'." It was a slightly embarrassing revelation, but Fi was nothing if not absent-minded, at least in regards to directions. The fact that she'd managed to find the Library at all was a sheer miracle. She would've simply apparated, but it wasn't always wise to do so when there might be muggles about. Her current companion being an excellent example of just that. He could be a wizard, but it was unlikely. If he were, what were the chances of her running into him at a muggle library and not Diagon Alley, after all?

User Image

Greycast

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:42 pm

Jaime smiled, pleased at the acceptance of his offer and laughed when Fiona asked him about a place. "I'm afraid we're in the same boat there," he admitted with a smile. "It's been about five months since I was back in England, and good few years since I was ever in London," he told her in his non-accent, thinking back on his visits to the manor. There was one before Kas had left for Hogwarts, he didn't get to see him off, so he approximated it was about a month or so before, since he hadn't remembered any of Kas's usual frantic packing when he was leaving for some place new- - - "When I come back for a visit, I spend the majority of my time in the Cotswolds. We have a house there," he explained. Well, house. It was their home.

"Perhaps we could look around for a place?" he suggested, running a hand through his hair, thinking. Going back to her earlier question, he nodded. "I've been in a few places for a while now. The heat made me appreciate how much I love dreary, grey England. At least you didn't fry," he wrinkled his nose at the memory of that one particularly horrid sunburn he had acquired in Accra, which wasn't pleasant, not at all. "Celebrated Christmas with a few iced pints and a good friends. It made up for the snow, though I missed a lot of people here back home."Looking out of the window, he grinned. "As a customary throwback to first conversations, how do you think the weather will be like?"

Cara MiaKitty

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:28 am
User Image
CURRENTLY WITH // Jaimespacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Curiousspacespa

Fiona pursed her lips, amused, when he essentially told her they'd be getting lost looking for a place to grab a cup of coffee. She was also incredibly curious as to what it was he did that kept him out of the country so often. At least she knew he had a place in the UK. And apparently returned there when he wasn't traveling. Although, the way he phrased it made her wonder why he didn't consider it his home, given the rather impersonal way he'd referred to it. She chuckled a bit. "Well, it is London. Can't be too far from a coffee shop, now can we?"

The idea of missing 'dreary, grey England' was practically foreign to her. She'd never considered living anywhere else, of course, but then, she wasn't opposed to the idea. It'd just... never really occurred to her. She even couldn't imagine a place so hot it could fry a person existing, let alone having people living there. Honestly, she couldn't imagine temperatures above ninety. She smiled. "I cannae imagine wan'in' tae hae an iced pint fer th' holidays. Or an iced anythin', 'cept perhaps me windows. Must've been verra hot wherever ye were." His question about the weather confused her. Did he mean currently, here? She saw him glance out the window, and figured that said it all. Was he asking about Christmas, then? She smiled. "If we dinnae hae a white Chris'mas, i'd be th' firs' I saw. This is England, aye? If i's no' rainin', tha's only 'cause i's cold enough tae snow." She smiled at the thought. She always did love Christmas snow. It just felt... more special than snow on any other day. It was silly, perhaps, but she'd never claimed to be anything but, after all.

User Image

Greycast

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:46 pm

"I suppose," he amended with a laugh. "I have missed London. I don't know whether it's changed as much as I imagined it has." Jaime had missed the cold, missed the ever-grey starkness of the place, the rain, the smells, the sounds of the buses and, oh dear God, even the pigeons. Perhaps it hadn't really hit him then just how much the redhead had pined for his own home, burying the nostalgia and reminiscence under a flurry and scurry of work and excitement and discovery. His work was good, it paid well, he was quite competent in it, thank you very much and it was something he had a love for, sleepless nights and hungover days and all. "Oh, it wasn't that bad, having such a simple Christmas celebration," he replied, tone light and cheerful. "At the very least, you're around people you know and give you acceptable, usable gifts and not things like showergels and body scrubs. Fruitcake is acceptable, to a degree, but not toiletries," Jaime laughed, remembering his last Christmas here, where nearly the whole extended family had brought over toiletries and whatnot, which baffled both him and his cousin."It's like subtly telling a person they're beginning to whiff."

"It was, it was very hot," the redhead admitted, his hand going up to rub his forearm. "It made it a bit difficult to work." Hearing her answer to his last question, the man laughed. "I'm glad to hear that. I've been looking forward to this all year. I'd hate to miss out on it this time when I'm home for Christmas."

Cara MiaKitty

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:02 pm
User Image
CURRENTLY WITH // Jaimespacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Curiousspacespa

Fiona chuckled. "I donae know if i's changed... bu' then, I've been here. Maybe i' has changed righ' under my nose." She found herself wondering where exactly he'd been. Clearly it hadn't been one place, he must travel all over the place... how exciting that must be! Fiona had never left the UK, not stepped a single foot on foreign soil. Never had reason to... or an excuse. She'd always secretly wanted to travel... probably could, for the first time in her life, except she'd have to leave the shop closed while she was gone and she really couldn't afford to do so. "I've no' really celebrated Chris'mas in... well, a few years, really. No' had anyone to visi' or buy gifts fer. Spen' las' year wit a friend o' mine, probably do th' same this year. Although, she's go' 'erself a new bloke, so who knows?" Fi blushed a bit at that. Being far too open with strangers, now, wasn't she? Just because she was lonely didn't mean she needed to go blathering off about it to every handsome man she met... she tried not to feel the surge of jealousy that spiked through her when thinking about this man Nicole was seeing. She was happy for her friend, really she was... but she couldn't help feeling just a teeny bit jealous, too.

She tried to shake those thoughts off, figuring they really had no place in the current conversation. She smiled, though it seemed a bit strained, she was sure, and her eyes held a hint of sadness.
                                                              "She's go' kids, though, so I did ge' tae do a bi' o' toy shopping... tha's always th' bes' par' o' Chris'mas shoppin', I think. I hae tae admi', I did ge' Nicole some body soaps... bu' only because I couldnae seem tae talk her intae buyin' them herself before. They smelled verra lovely, bu' she fel' they were a bi' out o' her price range... Bu' I'm jes' me, so o' course I had th' money tae ge' them fer her." The Scot had actually been insanely pleased with that particular selection, although she did wish that Nicole would spend at least a little money on herself, particularly around the holidays. She knew money could be tight, but... well, it didn't make a girl not need something for herself now and again, did it?

Fiona smiled at Jaime, and inclined her head to the door.
                                                              "I do think we've been standin' here talkin' about goin' fer coffee long enough, aye? Should probably head ou'," she said, her voice cheerful. In all honesty, coffee sounded lovely. And maybe some sort of pastry, too. Her sweet tooth was kicking in. Something with cherry... hopefully the shop they found had something to eat. Not that she'd ever been to a coffee shop that didn't sell pastries as well, but then, there was a first time for everything, right?

User Image

Greycast

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Kai Sparrowheart

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:20 pm
User Image

Alasdair Douglas Findlay
Twenty-One~Muggleborn

User Image

Alasdair grumbled as he poked through various books, trying to find what he was looking for. He was doing a research paper, as he often did for no reason when he was bored, and was finding jack-squat on the subject he was looking for. In fact, he was starting to forget what his own topic was. Was it censorship? Cheap labor? Child soldiers? So many C's that he needed to learn about, so little patience. He picked a book off the shelf and went back to his table, slumped down and flicked through the pages. Groaning, he flipped his middle finger up to the shelf behind him.
"Thank you, for being absolutely useless," he said, his Scottish accent thicker than usual as it usually was when he was tired, intoxicated, or pissed. Sometimes all three. He put the book down and thunked his head on the table.
"Screw this debacle, I need coffee."

User Image

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

The United Kingdom

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out