Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply The United Kingdom
London Library ~ England Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:04 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Ava let out a small laugh at her words, smiling thankfully as she moved away from the shelf to allow him to take his books. "Many thanks," he replied brightly, though his tone was gentle. It was always soft. Ava had never gotten into outdoor voices-- a side-effect of his upbringing. "A Soliloquy of Prime Numbers," he stated wryly, flashing the book so she could see it too. At least she was friendly-- which was more than he could say for a lot of people in his life. Turning back to look at her, she seemed quite alone-- which wasn't necessarily a good thing so the blonde decided that if he could help out a little bit, he would.

She had introduced herself as Ava and that had sent Ava into a fit of suppressed laughter. What a coincidence! Standing up, Ava extended his hand with a smile, the other clutching the book he had chose. "Pleasure to meet you, Ava. My name is, well, Ava too," he laughed, finding it funny. "Are you waiting for someone? If not, you're welcome to join me-- I just need to grab a few more books then head out for a bite. Would you like to come?" he asked, a curious expression on his face. It was the least he could do to be friendly, and she didn't really look very at home in the library.

XxXDevil-Chan

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:16 pm
User ImageUser Image

Let's turn this ยק a little bit ℓøυ∂εя.
                                                        Keep
                                                        ṡιиģιиģ along as the night gets ℓøиģεя.

Avalon blinked at the title of the book. It wasn't like she really read that much anyways. She used to read when she was a kid, but it had become impossible after awhile when her house erupted into screaming and fighting, and then when the house was silent enough to read in the tension in the air just made her want to scream anyways. After awhile she just started to associate books and reading with the family she couldn't stand. She brushed a strand of hair behind her ear and smiled anyways. If he thought the book was interesting or would be then good for him she supposed.

When he introduced himself as Ava she covered her mouth as a loud bout of laughter escaped her lips. For once the smile that took over was a real one instead of a sly one or a flirty one or any of her other fake smiles. "My full name's Avalon. But it's a bit to formal for everyday life I think." She finally said when she'd quieted her laughter. She was ignoring the dirty looks a few muggles were giving her from down the aisle. Who cared if she wasn't quiet? Being quiet was damned in her mind. If she was quiet she got to remember every fight she'd listened to and when she got older the fights she got dragged into. She got to remember every screaming match she'd had with her mother and ever sobbing moment she'd had with her father. Silence was not her friend

She shrugged and pushed those thoughts aside. "Who would be meeting up with me?" She asked. She wasn't the type to have friends, and obviously her family was out of the question. Boyfriends or girlfriends were so far out of bounds that the idea made her want to laugh in it's face. No she had nothing and no one to meet. "To be honest. I just came here to get out of the house for a bit." And it wasn't really a lie. That was the key to lying wasn't it? She just couldn't tell the whole truth and then spin lies off of the small truth she told. It made it easier to believe. "To many people in a not so big place. Just not my style. And my mom was going on and on about shopping for school for my sister and going to dinner as a family and blah blah blah boring stuff. So... I just kinda left..."

She chuckled and shrugged again. "I'd love to have lunch with you Ava. What kinda food were you thinking?"

OOC: Outfit in picture.

These are the ∂αÿṡ that we will always яεмεмвεя.
                                                        Chasing the
                                                        иιģнτ to make our days вεττεя.

Lady Pomegranates

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:57 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

"Well, if you don't mind me for company, than shall we?" he grinned lightly, making to head for another section. He had to get a few books for Persie too, so... Cathy's Diary? It was a bit dark, but he supposed it would be fine. She was a tough girl. How To Train Your Dragon was good too-- that was going onto his list. When Ava behind him began to talk about her name, he grinned wryly, looking up at her from his crouch on the floor as he reached for a couple more books. "Avalon is a good name," he told her, standing up properly again. "Least, it's better than Avis," he told her with a rueful smile. "It was either Ava or Bird, so I went with the less avian one." His middle name wasn't so use-worthy either-- I mean, he was named Atlantis. He had a beautiful name, yes, that much he would admit, but it wasn't very practical for common, everyday usage.

Nodding at her words later on, h led them to the counter, placing the small stack of books on the wooden top as they checked it out on his card. "Oh, I see. Don't worry, I understand-- but, hmm," he mused, tapping his chin with his finger, trying to explain his situation. "My family doesn't like me very much," he shrugged lightly, taking back his card from the librarian with a smile and a thank-you. They aren't too afraid of showing it either, he thought wryly. If Anthony and Persie and his parents had been there he would have been long gone before anyone could have blinked. Pursing his lips, Ava thought for a moment about what food they could have. "I'm not too sure. Any preferences?" he asked her, packing the books into his backpack with care.

XxXDevil-Chan

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:11 pm
User ImageUser Image

Keep

"Why would I mind you as company? You seem wonderful." She smiled at him and followed him as he picked up books, explained his name and headed towards the check out counter. She shrugged as he said he understood her reasons for leaving. Like hell he did. Oh she was sure he understood the lies she'd come up with, but no one understood what she actually had to deal with. She hid it to well. She hid it behind a flirty smile, a pound of makeup, and usually a lot of alcohol or any other intoxicating substance she could get her hands on.

But she smiled and nodded her head, the smile disappeared when he said his family didn't like him much. There was a tiny ounce of hope suddenly blooming in her that maybe he was like her. Maybe he really would understand if she told the truth! But she couldn't do that. She never was honest. She couldn't be honest. It always ended badly for her. She'd been honest with the first few people she'd slept with, but they still left. They still used her and abandoned her because no one cared about her. She was just the girl who ******** everything up. So she couldn't tell this boy she'd just met the truth. No one would ever get the truth from her again.

"I uh...." She paused as she suddenly realized she was in a muggle location. This kid was a muggle. She couldn't take him to the Leaky Cauldron. Damn it... she didn't know anything besides magical places. What did she say? She chewed on her lip for a long time before finally coming up with something. "I'm sorta new around here.... I don't know really even know how I found this place..... or really how to get home or anything.... so uhh what's your favourite place to eat? We can go there!"

And it still wasn't a total lie. She was rarely anywhere except her home in Hogsmeade, so anything outside of Diagon Alley or the Ministry of Magic was basically foreign to her. She knew a few night clubs and bars but those didn't open til night and were definitely not a place to take this kid anyways. Best idea was to go with new girl in town. That was always an attractive choice to cuties like him. The cute little lost new girl needs to be shown around. Perfect first 'date'.

Chasing the

Lady Pomegranates

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:34 am
User Image
User Image

█████████ m y j o u r n a l m y p e n h a v e y o u s e e n t h e m ? █████████

✖ d i a g o n a l l e y s t r e e t s
b y m y s e l f ✖
m a n y t h i n g s
c o n t e m p l a t i v e ✖
✖ s i n g l e
✖ o o c : new formaaaaaaat!

████████████ - - - - - - - - - - - - w h e n o n e i s i n d o u b t , r e m e m b e r ███████████████

Ava laughed at the compliment, an amused grin beaming lightly from his face. Blue eyes twinkled with mirth as they made their way towards the doors of the edifice. "That was really, really nice," he laughed, holding the backpack close to his body. "Thank you for that," he replied sincerely. It wasn't often that he heard that his company was not disliked and it was nice, really, really nice to hear that sometimes, he wasn't just a burden on other people, or another worthless mouth to feed that wasn't really worth feeding. Technically, he didn't choose to be a Squib. It was hard to change what you were born as. He would know-- he had tried before. It was painful and foolish and he had tried and it hadn't really ended well.

He blinked a few times at her reply. She was that new? Oh, okay. "Hmm, okay. Let's see..." Ava hummed, trailing off at the end of his sentence to think of a few spots. The blonde didn't know if Ava was even one of the magical folk, so he couldn't take her to Diagon, which was a shame! The Leaky did have really good food, if only simple choices. What they lacked in variety they made up in taste and it was really good. Puffing out his cheeks slightly, the teen blew out a puff of air through pursed lips, trying to think of a place they could go to.

Ava didn't claim to be a empath or have an innate ability to sense people, but he had done what he had done for a reason. Maybe it was from the way she stood, or the way she looked or the feel he got from her but he had a feeling that she wasn't okay. There were times he was like that. He wasn't bad but he wasn't good and he wasn't okay. It was hard to explain. He just wasn't. He had a unique childhood, so Ava was capable of understanding quite a lot, even if he had never experienced them all as personally. He was an old soul, he knew that much and Ava had a hopeless soul too. He was gone to the point of acceptance and he was okay with that.

"Oh! We could try Luchino's?" he asked, looking for approval from his companion. "They have good food there and it's a nice place. Is that okay?" he inquired, large blue eyes blinking curiously. Waiting for a reply, Ava resolved his decision. This Ava needed a friend. He didn't know why, or even if she would want one, but she needed a friend, and he would be that if he could. He knew the feeling of being alone very well and it wasn't something he wanted to wish on anyone. His cousin once called him serendipity. He didn't know if it was true or not, but he didn't much care even if he was flattered by it. Sometimes, people just needed someone to talk to. He didn't know if he could even be qualified to be that someone to anyone with how flawed he was, but he would try. Maybe then, he would have someone to be that someone to him too.

It was so tiring, being alone.

████████████ - - - - - - - - - - - - a r t i s t h e k e y t o t h e w i n d o w s o f t h e s o u l ███████████████

XxXDevil-Chan

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:35 am
User ImageUser Image

Keep

Ava offered him a small smile as he thanked her for the...compliment? It hadn't even really been a compliment, just a statement of fact. His family must really not like him for him to think her liking his company was a compliment. She waited as he tried to decide where they should eat. She wished she knew if he was magical or not because she loved Diagon Alley. Honestly part of her was tempted to just take him there anyways and show him everything even if he was just a plain old muggle.

"Luchino's? Sounds good to me. I'm up for anything." She answered. She quickly looped her arm through his as they walked out of the library. "Lead the way my lord." She said jokingly, smirking at him. Something about the way he looked at her was telling her he didn't buy her fake smile and confidence. Something told her he could see right through her, and she was conflicted. She didn't know if she liked that finally someone could see the truth, or if it scared her and made her want to run and hide. For now she just tried to reinforce the fake happiness and lies she told. Maybe she was just crazy.

Chasing the

Lady Pomegranates

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:37 pm
User Image

User Image Location: London Library

Grace had like she had all year headed off to the muggle library in London. Since her father was working and her sisters were off at school she needed something to occupy her time. Sadly with her sisters away at Hogwarts their books also went with, which meant she was without reading material. Thus, she had learned how to get to the library and even though the material was muggle based Grace didn't care. A story was a story and a book was a book in her humble opinion.

Honestly Grace had thought about going to the museum for something different but it was a bit out of the way and she didn't want to get lost or anything. That was the last thing the ten year old needed but she had a map and a detailed list of steps to get there and back with no trouble. By now it was like second nature to leave the safety of her own home and head out on the streets of London.

Sitting alone in a corner of the library Grace was reading one of the many history books it had to offer. She was glued to it and the young girl hardly planned on leaving until she'd finished at least the majority of it.

With: No one

Wearing: Dressed in Blue

OOC: Open for Interaction  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:56 pm
Grace Nicola Mitchell
Pureblood ~ Ten Years Old

User Image
Mira Ani Mitchell
Slytherin Second Year
Beater

User ImageLocation: London Library

Mira really didn't care if she found Grace. Honestly she didn't know why Leo did. The golden brown haired sister of theirs had been fine while they were at school. Lord knows their father wasn't there and worked probably more often than not (no surprise there). Yet instead of reading her book in her room like she'd been doing, Mira had to go all the way to the library (probably one of her least favourite places at that) and find her sister (one she didn't even like). What was the world coming too?

Grace didn't even know Mira was there looking for her. In fact she had no idea anyone knew she was gone. Usually she walked out of the house and nobody knew... then again nobody was home. That may have been the difference. Regardless Grace was happily reading her book in the corner when Mira found her.

Searching the entire library it seemed Mira finally spotted her sister. “Grace, what the hell are you doing?” she asked in her usual annoyed tone. “Mira? What are you doing here?” she asked her forgetting the question. “What am I doing? I’m looking for you.” Mira answered her as she placed her hands on her hips. “You are…?” Grace was a tad shocked by that, since when did her sister care to look for her? “Don’t flatter yourself I’m only here because Leo wanted me to. She’s worried sick I might add.”

Thinking about what Mira said it made a lot more sense to Grace. “Anyways, we should probably get going.” She said before Grace could speak. “But can’t I finish my chapter first?” the younger girl pleaded. “No,” Mira flat out said looking even more annoyed. “You know, I noticed you’re learning sign language. Down that way there are books on that I’m pretty sure that’s what you were doing before you came here anyways. So you could do that while I finish my chapter.” Grace was trying she really was luckily she finally understood her sister enough to know what made her click.

“How did you… you know what it doesn’t matter. You have till the end of that chapter and then we’re leaving.” With that Mira headed off to get herself a book and join her sister quietly.

Grace

_________

Mira

Wearing: Butterfly Central
_________

With: Each other...
OOC: Open for Interaction  

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:34 am
User Image

Cathy

❤ I was born on August 3, 2014.
❤ My blood is B+. Sorry you care about how 'pure' it is? I am pureblood, my father is a Squib. Does it matter?
❤ Do you still want to know more about me?
❤ Oh, and my big brother is a 5th year Ravenclaw.

❤ My directions say I am... {at The London Library}
❤ My time on the clock is Summer 2027
❤ And I am looking {Colourful}

space Cathy generally took it for granted the allowance her parents gave both her and her brother. Somewhere in their parents head they decided a thousand quid allowance a month was reasonable-granted they both were expected to buy their own clothes and pay for their own entertainment so it sort of evened out... maybe? Cathy wasn't sure but she knew that being away at Hogwarts meant a fair deal of allowance just piled up over her school year and she had more to spend on frivolities like that adorable new bag she had seen at the Coach store earlier that week which she had been purchasing when she heard her phone go off. A bit perplexed she opened it to see a text from her brother asking her to stop by the London Library and meet up with Mira Mitchell, something about his girlfriend's other sister being missing.

Cathy raised a brow and quickly sent a text back and checked out. And, a six minute walk later she was in the library, home of over a million books. She knew the place fairly well partially because of the impressiveness of its collection, including that in other languages. She wondered if she should pick up some basic books in German the lessons she had end up with for the summer while she was there but first up was finding Mira. Cathy didn't know what Grace looked like-though Cathy could only assume a bit like Leo and Mira-but she had seen Mira around. In fact Cathy didn't even realize she had passed Grace when she approached Mira Mitchell, surprised to see the girl with a book sitting at a table, and said with a big smile and put a peace sign up and greeted the Slytherin initially in Latin, "Salve! Don't worry I'm just the messenger. Anyways, apparently my brother ran into your sister-Leo not the other one-and he wanted me to help out since apparently you don't have a way of contacting Leo even if you did find Grace. Her name is Grace right?"

Still smiling she said with a laugh, "And, I figured if I helped out it totally wins me leverage over my brother. Long story short, I was in the neighborhood anyways, so I dropped by and I figure why not help out. It's a good cause. Though, I was hanging around here a lot younger than Grace is, but I started with having one of my tutors or nannies with me."

She shrugged with a smile and cocking her head to the side as she pulled out her phone to send a text. "Anyways, have you found Grace yet so I can calm down your sister who is apparently pretty worried?"

(( OOC))
                                                          murruelecreuset
                                                          Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:56 pm
Grace Nicola Mitchell

User Image
Mira Ani Mitchell
Slytherin Second Year
Beater

Mira looked up from her book when the blond haired Hufflepuff greeted her. “Hello… why would I be worried?” she questioned Cathy. Clearly Cathy was not Mira’s cup of tea however she wasn’t going to be a jerk or at least she’d try not to. “Why, am I not surprised…?” she said with a sigh. “Yes Grace, though my sister usually calls her Gracie for I don’t know what reason.” Mira replied as she closed her book.

“I’m sure you’re just doing your Hufflepuff duty, right? Though honestly, I don’t know how much leverage you intend to get over your brother.” Mira said before adding. “Especially when I’ve found her already.” She said casually. “So you can let her know. Even though I tried to tell her not to panic, I see how well she listens.” Mira added rolling her eyes. “She’s right over there by the way. I’m sure you and Grace would hit it off.” She said with a gesture.

At the moment Mira gestured her way Grace looked up. Marking her stop she got up from her seat and went over to her sister and Cathy. “Hello, I take it you know my sister.” Grace said brightly. “My name’s Grace. Based on that necklace I’m guessing you’re in Hufflepuff right?” she added with a big smile.

Grace

_________

Mira

_________

With: Each other... Cathy
OOC: ---

mc2

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:33 pm
User Image

Cathy

❤ I was born on August 3, 2014.
❤ My blood is B+. Sorry you care about how 'pure' it is? I am pureblood, my father is a Squib. Does it matter?
❤ Do you still want to know more about me?
❤ Oh, and my big brother is a 5th year Ravenclaw.

❤ My directions say I am... {at The London Library}
❤ My time on the clock is Summer 2027
❤ And I am looking {Colourful}

space “It is just a greeting, bié nào le,” Cathy laughed at Mira waving her hand at Mira’s answer to her. She shrugged as Mira asked that she wasn’t surprised and then answered that the girl’s name was Grace but she was usually called Gracie by Leo. “Well, a name is a name. Does it really matter if it has the same base? I mean my family sometimes calls me Catie or Cate too. And, my mother’s side uses my full first name Cathaline… actually that one is kind of annoying. The name is ridiculously long, but whatever.”

When Mira said Cathy was only doing her Hufflepuff duty and explained that she had already found Grace, Cathy nodded, “Actually, I’m doing my family duty. And I still found you who had found Grace so that counts for something. Anyways, I can sort of see how our older siblings get along more-they both freak out about unnecessary things.” She pulled out her phone and began typing a text and added, “Also, David never listens to me just like it seems Leo never listens to you. The joys of being a younger sister, oui?” She was still smiling as she hit the send on her phone and nodded to the youngest of the Mitchell sisters who had come over when Mira had pointed towards her.

“I know both of your sisters, actually,” Cathy said, “though, I’m more familiar with Leo. It’s my brother who is on better terms with you lot. You stayed at our house in London last summer, right? I was at the family manor, so I missed out on the fun of meeting you. Anyways lovely to meet you Grace. I’m Cathaline, but you can shorten that to whatever you want. Generally it is Cathy.” She tilted her head for a moment as the girl asked about what house she was in and Cathy nodded, “And yep, I’m one of those fluffly harmless badgers. First Hufflepuff in the family ever I think. Though, my brother sort of broke tradition first by getting Ravenclaw. But he had to ask. The hat said I was an easy one-” She smiled largely and then chuckled waving a hand, “-to sort it meant, nothing bad. Anyways…” She shrugged. Holding up the Coach store bag she said, “Anyways, I was in the neighborhood a few blocks up picking up this purse I’ve been admiring all week and finally figured I should get for myself, and my brother texted me to tell me about all the commotion you caused by going missing without letting anyone know.”

She crossed her arms and looked at the younger girl and said, “I’m not exactly one to lecture about going out on your own around London-I have been since I was like eight-but I can lecture you on the importance of letting people know where you are going. For example, I was at a lesson with my tutor earlier, but my parents also knew I was going to stay out for a few extra hours to shop. You’ve got to tell people where to go. Don’t you know stress is one of those silent killers? And, stressing out your big sister is so not cool, Grace. At least leave a note or something. You’ve got to be more responsible.” Cathy nodded wisely and gave Grace a small smile. Yeah, her brother owed her something, maybe not much from all this but something, Cathy figured. Besides, she even did the whole ‘be more responsible’ lecture, though she could only hope that Grace actually would pay attention to it.

Translations: (1) Don't be silly.
                                                          (2) Yes?
                                                          (( OOC))

murruelecreuset
                                                          Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:18 pm
Grace Nicola Mitchell

User Image
Mira Ani Mitchell
Slytherin Second Year
Beater

Mira listened to the happy puff and wondered what went wrong. She was quite literally the opposite of her brother. It was just so weird. Then again she and Leonette were nothing like each other so maybe that wasn’t all surprising. If you through Grace into the mix it was even worse. “I guess not when you put it that way.” Mira answered surprised at how she could make it sound so believable.

“Family duty? Alright then...” Mira questioned shaking her head. Why did bubbly people make no sense to her? “David freaks out about unnecessary things?” The young Slytherin asked. She didn’t really see him freaking out unless she meant the whole flying thing. “Unless you’re referring to the whole joining the Quidditch team thing last year.” She added remembering his reaction to finding out. “Yes, it’s the story of my life… granted I don’t generally say all that much to her.” Mira replied honestly. Sadly usually when she did talk it fell on deaf ears.

Grace was surprised to hear that Cathy knew both her sisters. “That’s right you must be David’s sister. It’s nice to meet you too Cathy.” She said brightly. Listening to what the older girl had to say Mira smiled at Grace for once getting lectured, Grace on the other hand took Cathy’s words to heart. Shaking her head at the mention of stress being a silent killer, the ten year old felt bad for worrying her big sister. Leonette worried about a lot and right now she was supposed to be concentrating on her OWLs. “You’re right, I should have said something. I was just used to Leo and Mir being at school and our dad being at work that I didn’t think that someone might worry if I was gone. I’ll make sure to tell someone next time, promise.” Grace was a smart kid she just wasn’t used to being on her own and then having someone be there to worry about her only three months out of the year.

Grace

_________

Mira

_________

With: Each other... Cathy
OOC: ---

mc2

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire