Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply The United Kingdom
City of London ~ England Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vampire Toy

Fashionable Pumpkin

9,375 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:57 pm
London

User Image

London is the capital and largest city of both the United Kingdom and England. Standing on the River Thames in southeastern England, 50 miles (80 km) upstream from its estuary with the North Sea, London has been a major settlement for two millennia. Greater London is governed by the Mayor of London and the London Assembly. London is a often considered the leading global city exerting a considerable impact upon the arts, commerce, education, entertainment, fashion, finance, healthcare, media, professional services, research and development, tourism and transportation. London, the fourth fastest-growing city, is 26 out of 300 major cities for economic performance. It is one of the largest financial centres. London's universities form the largest concentration of higher education institutes in Europe. In 2012, London became the first city to have hosted three modern Summer Olympic Games.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:59 pm
User Image

User Image
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X

Jane walked down the crowded busy streets of London. It had been a while since she had visited the city, probably before she had even started Hogwarts but now she was living here. It would take time to wrap her head around. She absolutely loved it though, being surrounded by the hustle and bustle and all sorts of different people from all over the world and even seeing historic sights. It was amazing. All she had been doing for the last three hours was exploring and she was still set to go for longer to see more of the wonderful city and partially because she didn't exactly enjoy living her new flat alone, she hoped she get over that soon enough because there wasn't really anything she could do about that.

ooc: outfit in top picture  

Maiya Kajuji

Beloved Bloodsucker

10,625 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Team Jacob 100

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:33 pm
User ImageUser Image 
August Kayden Morris
Former Ravenclaw
Age Nineteen

Circling your head,contemplating everything you ever said. 
Now I see the truth. I see your motives inside, decisions to hide.

August was glad to escape the cramped apartment. He felt slightly bad for leaving Dani stuck with the two younger ones, but not enough to go back just yet. He yawned and rolled his shoulders, before fumbling in his pocket. First he pulled out a lighter, and he was searching for his pack of cigs when he ran right into somebody. "Oof" He said, looking up suddenly. He really needed to learn to pay more attention apparently. He rubbed the back of his head, and looked at the girl he had run into. "Sorry about that."

OOC: Outfit in picture

Maiya Kajuji

Back off I’ll take you on. Headstrong to take on anyone 
I know that you are wrong and this is not where you belong

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:11 pm
User Image

User Image
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X

Jane was lost in thought when she was hit with a hard force. Jane first thought that she had run into a wall, it would be just like her but she soon realized it was in fact a man. "Oh excuse me." Jane muttered looking down not wanting to make eye contact she was about to continue walking when she noticed a lighter in his hand. Was he coming out her to smoke. "You smoking is a disgusting habit you are going to get yourself killed." Jane practically gasped. Had she just said that out loud?! It a perfect stranger!? Of course all of it was true, her uncle and grandfather were both doctors and her dad had actually smoked before he had been with her mom so Jane had some experience with how gross it was but he was still a stranger. She didn't even know if he was coming out here to smoke. She felt like a complete idiot and didn't know what else to do but stand their looking at the man awkwardly.

Maiya Kajuji

Beloved Bloodsucker

10,625 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Team Jacob 100

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:51 pm
User ImageUser Image 
August Kayden Morris
Former Ravenclaw
Age Nineteen

August was caught off guard as the young woman he had just run into immediately began reprimanding him for a habit she barely even knew existed in his world. He chuckled and twirled the lighter in between his fingers. "You know we haven't even properly been introduced and you're already trying to change my habits." He said with a smirk, slipping the lighter back into his pocket and lifting her hand to kiss the back of it. "August Morris." He said, introducing himself with a genuine smile. The girl had some major guts to practically yell at him for smoking, when he hadn't even found his cigs yet and had only been holding a lighter. He found it all to hilarious, chuckling again, he nodded to her. "And what is your name miss? Or shall I just call you that one girl who hates smoking? I think that's a bit long. Don't you?" 

Maiya Kajuji

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:47 pm
User Image

User Image
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X

Jane gulped. Well at least he seemed friendly. Or maybe that was an act...maybe he was like a murderer or a rapist or something. She instinctively reached to make sure her wand was in her pocket in case she needed it later. It was there as always. "Sorry" She mumbled barely loud enough for him to hear. She was surprised when he kissed her hand she wasn't sure if she should be flattered or disgusted. It made her ten million times more uncomfortable when he laughed. "I'm..." She paused for a moment. What was she doing telling a complete stranger her name. "I'm Jane...Bennett" She lied. She wasn't exactly sure where Bennett had come from. It scared her a little bit when she realized it was Darcy's last name. Why was he her first thought? That wasn't important right now.

Maiya Kajuji

Beloved Bloodsucker

10,625 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Team Jacob 100

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:30 pm
User ImageUser Image 
August Kayden Morris
Former Ravenclaw
Age Nineteen

August chuckled when she apologized at a barely audible level and then again as surprise registered on her face when he kissed her hand. She was quite the nervous one wasn't she. A smirk flitted across his lips and he shoved his hands into his pockets nonchalantly. "Jane is a lovely name... So why are you out and about this fine summer day?" He tilted his head slightly out of curiosity and his smirk widened. "Or are you only out to confront strangers about their disgusting habits?" He asked with a teasing tone to his voice. He knew he probably shouldn't tease someone he had only just met, but he couldn't help it. She seemed so innocent and it was fun to see her react. Maybe he was just a tiny bit of a prat, but it was amusing.

Maiya Kajuji

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:50 pm
User Image

User Image
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X

Jane laughed nervously. "Thank you" She said about the name, still not wanting to make eye contact. "Oh I've just been exploring the city, I just got a flat not far from here." She said nodding in its general direction. "I'm still not quite sure where everything is yet. I haven't been in the city recently" She thought for a moment "actually I haven't been much of anywhere I've been going to a private boarding school for the past few years..." She mumbled at the end. She was rambling. A complete stranger didn't need to know her past especially considering he was probably a muggle and wouldn't know anything about her school.

Maiya Kajuji

Beloved Bloodsucker

10,625 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Team Jacob 100

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:14 pm
User Image
I don't wanna be told to grow up
and I don't wanna change
I just wanna have fun

User Image

Jer walked over to an empty portion of sidewalk. It was midday, and his usual time of the week to come out to try and get money. Placing a hat on the ground before him, he laid his box of tricks down beside it and got some things out. When he was finished setting up, he stood upon it, grinning and making sure to get as many people's attention as he could. "Ladies an' gents! I am Jeremy th' magnificent, here ta make yer day jus' a bit more magical. Please, gather round. Tha' way ya can see it better!" When a small crowd gathered, he grinned broader and started his show, the same show he performed every week in this spot. First, he produced a bouquet of flowers from midair for an older woman, who smiled and accepted them from him. Next, he managed to pull from someone's ear a handful of coins. Most of the tricks he knew were simple, but even he didn't know how some of them worked. The coin trick, for example, would usually disappear after a couple of minutes, which was fine with him. He really didn't want to use real coins for it. He then looked around. "All righ'! I need a volunteer from the audience. I got a particular trick fer th' dove tha' comes forward."

-------------------------------------------
State: Performing
OOC: ...

and I don't wanna change
so you better give up
cause I'm not gonna change
I don't wanna grow up

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:50 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Sakura Kiremono~Japanese Pure-Blood~Wife and Mother
and
Daniel Kiremono~Muggle~Father and Husband

Sakura was out with her husband, just having a nice day out with him. Hearing a voice announce a magic show, she grinned. "Shall we see some sleight-of hand?" she asked David. He laughed. "I'll never get your love of fake magic," he said, slipping a finger into his waist pouch to rub Toffee's small head. The miniscule elf owl cooed.

Drawing closer, Sakura frowned. Those tricks...they weren't muggle! When he called for a volunteer, she smiled and pushed forward. "Oh, me!" she said, laughing. Hopefully she was wrong, and his tricks were just very good sleight of hand, but if not...she'd need to step in.  

Nanashi Kage Enjeru

Skilled Camper

23,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:03 am
User Image
and I don't wanna change
I just wanna have fun

User Image

Jer grinned as an older Asian woman stepped forward to volunteer. He smiled at the lady, and then laid a piece of paper onto the ground. "All righ' dove, jus' step onta th' paper, an' I'll make ya float in midair." It was yet another trick he had no clue how it worked, but it did. He'd argued with his science teacher over that one in school, and got a detention over it. He knew it worked, even if no one else did. He smiled politely and waited for her to step onto the small rectangle.

and I don't wanna change
so you better give up
I don't wanna grow up

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:08 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
and

Sakura stepped onto the paper, a sinking feeling in her stomach. This, if it worked, was no illusion. She'd have to find this boy's parents and explain things to them. Hopefully it was just the accidental magic of a muggleborn, but if he was actually controlling it, it had gone on for far too long. "Do I need to do anything?" she asked, peering around and waving her arms to 'check for strings'.  

Nanashi Kage Enjeru

Skilled Camper

23,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:16 am
User Image
and I don't wanna change
I just wanna have fun

User Image

Jer shook his head at the woman's question. "Nope, yer cricket right there dove. Jus' hold still." He bent down to pick up the sheet of paper. With the action, he felt something he always did, which he usually attributed to something normal, at least for him. The paper, along with the woman, was lifted easily into the air. He then took the sheet of paper away, revealing the fact that the lady was hovering a good foot and a half above the ground. The audience clapped appreciatively, while he bowed to them. "An' tha's all withou' no wires or strings, folks. Definitely a trick worth performin'."

and I don't wanna change
so you better give up
I don't wanna grow up

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:20 am
and

Sakura had had Moblicorpus used on her a few times, enough to be able to identify the feel of the spell. Drat. She widened her eyes. "Oh, oh my! Let me down please!" she said, seeming startled. How could she get the boy away from the crowd? "I'll treat to lunch! But I want down now, please!" she tried.  

Nanashi Kage Enjeru

Skilled Camper

23,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
The United Kingdom

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers