Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply The United Kingdom
City of London ~ England Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:33 am
User Image
I don't wanna be told to grow up
and I don't wanna change
I just wanna have fun

User Image

Jer nodded quickly and grasped her hand, pulling her back down to the ground. The odd feeling left then, and Jer was happy that it worked yet again. It was one of his favorites, after all. As people placed money into the hat, he bowed again, signalling the end of the show. "Thank you, thank you. Remember folks, I'm here at th' same time nex' week, so don' miss it!" He retrieved the hat and held it close, noting how heavy it felt. Good, that was at least some meals for him and Kenny. He did rub the back of his head at the lady though. "Sorry dove. Didn' mean ta scare ya like tha'. I wouldn' mind gettin' a bit ta nosh on, ya know. Haven' had much t'day'." His stomach growled at the thought of food, and he blushed a bit. Oh, Steffi was probably going to box his ears, but he was hungry.

-------------------------------------------
State: Performing
OOC: ...

and I don't wanna change
so you better give up
cause I'm not gonna change
I don't wanna grow up

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:38 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Sakura Kiremono~Japanese Pure-Blood~Wife and Mother
and
Daniel Kiremono~Muggle~Father and Husband

"Oh, it's fine, dear," Sakura said, smoothing her skirt. She glanced around, and spotted a small hole-in-the-wall eatery that seemed to have only a couple of tables tucked inside. "And how about that cafe over there?" she suggested.  

Nanashi Kage Enjeru

Skilled Camper

23,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:47 am
User Image
and I don't wanna change
I just wanna have fun

User Image

Jer looked over to where the woman had pointed as he started packing his stuff away. He'd seen it before, he'd just never really eaten there. Too much money, unless he filched someone's wallet, that is. He nodded at her as he pocketed the money in his hat and put it back on. "Tha' don' sound too bad. Nice place ta eat, anyway." He finished packing his stuff and picked up the box, straightening his hat. "I am still sorry about th' scare. I didn' mean ta do tha' to ya." He was ready to follow the lady, but the street part of him knew that the moment something bad happened, he'd bolt. He wasn't about to become a missing kid because he was dumb. Dumb kids didn't survive long out on the streets. Cautious ones did.

State: Waiting

and I don't wanna change
so you better give up
I don't wanna grow up

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:54 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
and

Sakura picked the table furthest from the windows, though in such a small place, there was really nowhere hidden. "Oh, no bother. This is my husband, David. I'm Sakura," Sakura said. "And please, order whatever you like. I admit, with my three away at school, I'm having a mothering withdrawal," Sakura said, teasingly overdramatic. The boy seemed skittish, too alert for such a young boy, and hadn't mentioned parents when she invited him to come with her. A rather unhappy suspicion was developing in the back of her head...  

Nanashi Kage Enjeru

Skilled Camper

23,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:07 am
User Image
and I don't wanna change
I just wanna have fun

User Image

Jer couldn't help but be suspicious when the lady took him inside and picked out a seat all the way in the back. Oh, this was suddenly turning south, wasn't it? Damn. He sat at the table, though on the edge of his seat. His box he left off to the side. He could always get new items for his show, but that would require him to be there to get it. He swallowed a bit, trying to force the rising panic that he felt was growing. Ruddy idiot. Next time, reject an offer that sounded too good to be true. "Thanks, dove. I don' get th' chance ta order whatever I wan' often." He looked over the menu, suddenly realizing that he was more hungry than he realized. Damn it, the organ had decided to betray him. "I think ya got my moniker ou' when I was performin', so I don' see me needin' ta repeat myself. I just ain' used ta people comin' up ta me an' offerin' food, ya know?" Mentally he reminded himself of where the utensils were. He was good at making a scene. He might just need one here.

State: Nervous

and I don't wanna change
so you better give up
I don't wanna grow up

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:15 am
and

Sakura perused the menu, hoping the boy didn't cause a scene. She nudged David, and flicked a glance at his waist pouch. Grinning, David reached into his bag. "So, I hope you don't mind birds," he said, pulling his hand back out with the miniscule elf owl perched on his finger. The bird bobbed his head and blinked at the boy.  

Nanashi Kage Enjeru

Skilled Camper

23,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:34 am
User Image
and I don't wanna change
I just wanna have fun

User Image

Jer cocked an eyebrow at the bird. Why were they trying to distract him with a bird? He looked at then now with undisguised suspicion. "Look, lady. I ain' as dumb as I look. Ya got a reason fer bringin' me here, an' now ya got me. What'cha wantin' ta talk ta me fer, anyway? I ain' done anythin' wrong, so tha's out th' window. Wha' is it?" His patience was wearing thin, and his legs were poised to bolt. Damn it, Steffi did tell him he needed to keep from doing anything to draw attention to himself. It was probably one of his biggest flaws. He couldn't help it though. They did need the money.

State: Nervous

and I don't wanna change
so you better give up
I don't wanna grow up

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:39 am
and

Sakura sighed. Flicking her wand free, she cast a quick notice-me-not charm on their entire table area, then levitated a cup. "Call it professional curiosity, if you must. I didn't feel any wires, so I was wondering how you did that trick." she said, lowering the cup before casting Orchideous, causing a colorful bouquet of flowers to appear.  

Nanashi Kage Enjeru

Skilled Camper

23,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:05 am
User Image
and I don't wanna change
I just wanna have fun

User Image

Jer gaped, wondering what just happened. Was that... magic? He had never seen something so mundane just float before, unless he was doing the floating. He then suddenly started getting worried. Bullocks, thsat meant he was in trouble, wasn't he? "Dove, how'd ya do tha'? I've never seen somethin' like tha' happen withou' me doin' it. It's magic, ain' it?"

State: Scared

and I don't wanna change
so you better give up
I don't wanna grow up

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:24 am
and

"Yes, it is," Sakura agreed. "As was what you were doing. You might have noticed though, that no one else seems to use any of your real magic tricks, that there is always some explanation. That is because real magic is secret, and has been since the times of the witch burnings." Sakura paused. "Jeremy, for you to be able to direct your magic so well without knowing this, you must have been using it for a while," she said. "Is...there a reason you would be using your magic so much? Most young wizards use their magic only accidentally, in times of high emotion or stress."  

Nanashi Kage Enjeru

Skilled Camper

23,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:46 am
User Image
and I don't wanna change
I just wanna have fun

User Image

Jer paused. Wait, high emotion or stress? He'd never been under that stuff. He'd just been using it ever since he started doing magicv tricks back when he was younger. Nothing stressful there. Well, except for living in an orphanage. That wasn't too stressful, was it? "I jus' use it fer me magic ac' nothin' really big and all, jus' a bit o' a Bushey Park, tha' was. Nothin' really major."

State: Worried

and I don't wanna change
so you better give up
I don't wanna grow up

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:58 am
and

Sakura didn't really want to ask this, but she had to. "Jeremy...are your magic tricks how you earn money to live on?" she asked gently. Her wand rested on the table in front of her, innocuous under her fingertips, pointed at the wall. She didn't want to scare him, but she didn't want to lose the boy either.

Sakura knew no one got that good at wandless magic that young, purely for fun. If you didn't need it, the magic simply wouldn't come at that young an age, not in such a controlled manner, without high emotion to drive it.  

Nanashi Kage Enjeru

Skilled Camper

23,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:10 am
User Image
and I don't wanna change
I just wanna have fun

User Image

Jer groaned. Great. He had a mum here, didn't he? Well didn't that make his life dandy. Sinking low into his seat, he drew his hat down over his face, wishing for probably the first time in his life he could just vanish. It was almost the Spanish Inquisition. Suddenly with a slight pop, he just vanished from sight. Blinking, he stared at where his hand would have been and then up at the woman. Well, maybe if he was quiet, he could slip away, right?

and I don't wanna change
so you better give up
I don't wanna grow up

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:16 am
and

In a flash, Sakura's wand snapped towards the boy. "Adhaero![" she said, quickly using the sticking charm on the spot where the boy had been a moment ago. If he had apparated, she'd look a touch silly, but if he had just vanished, he'd be stuck to the visible chair. "That was a sticking charm, mister. Becoming invisible is not polite. Please show yourself," she said in the firm tones of a mother speaking to a misbehaving tween. "If you want lunch, the waitress will need to be able to see you."  

Nanashi Kage Enjeru

Skilled Camper

23,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:31 am
User Image
and I don't wanna change
I just wanna have fun

User Image

Jer stopped cold when he heard the woman mutter a spel (it was a spell, right?) at him. When he tried to get up again, he realized he was stuck, completely. Great. Sighing, he tried to will himself visible, when he realized that he might have just bit off more than he could chew. He looked over to the woman with pleading eyes. "Um dove, I dunno wha' I jus' pulled off, bu' I can' undo it. A little help, maybe?"

and I don't wanna change
so you better give up
I don't wanna grow up

The United Kingdom

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items