Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply The United Kingdom
City of London ~ England Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 9:22 pm
Can't man up if masculinity your only weapon
Man, I've thought about suicide a hundred times
But, I'd hate to disappoint and see my mama cry
Birthdays these days be the worst days
'Cause I know I'm getting older and not happier

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Sʟчтнεяıп Aʟυмпı ¤ Sıпɢʟε ¤ Pяιdε σƒ Pσятяεε Cнαƨεя

Will made the truly adult choice to stick his tongue out at Dagrun in response to him basically getting tag teamed by her siblings when-not if-he beat her. He wished he could have said the same for his siblings. Jack might play the part for the dramatics but he's made it very clear in the past how much he actually enjoys Dagrun's and the other Eide's company so he probably wouldn't do much. Izzy would just say he got what he deserved and take her out for a congratulatory lunch the witch.

He really only grabbed two pamphlets to save face but he really didn't feel like reading through the same rules and such that had been on the website. Plus he'd been here before, he pretty much knew what to expect. He noticed her leaning on one of the counters and was going to make a quip about him boring her when she startled him asking about his quidditch career and if anyone was annoying on the team. Or more so than him was what she actually said but he was already letting out a low long groan at her question. "Dear ******** Legba you don't even know. Ok so, I'm not exactly starting chaser, at the moment but I'm kinda hoping for that to change after this past training season but that's neither here nor there. But anyway, I'm not a starter but I kid you not I've played in nearly every game last season because this dumbarse gets himself kicked practically every game. Not just knocked out, ******** carded and everything!

The worst part is that he's such a sleazy d**k about it! Like he gets a kick out of just toeing the line and getting away with it. And don't even get me started on that b*****d during practices. 'Your grip lacks focus' what the actual ******** does that even mean?! Ugh!"
Will blew out a large gust of air still peeved at that little comment. The guy helps them get to the world cup once and suddenly he's freaking gold and way too valuable to be traded. How can someone be valuable if they barely even play?!

He glanced back over at Dagrun a bit embarrassed for his rant but it felt good to let it out. Jack listened for a little while but he liked to focus on action and not just words which Will couldn't really do at the moment. His mum listened mostly out of comfort but didn't really offer anything and his dad saw the best in it all like "at least you get to play!" Sure, Jan. He took another glance at his watch and saw they had about seven more minutes. "But what about you? How's the menagerie these days? Any animals bring out your inner Snow White?" he grinned toothily.

I kill my sister if she ever model Fashion Nova (true)
I'm always on a flight, or I'm in a hurry
I miss when losing my virginity was my only worry
Back when putting on a condom had me really scary
And milkshakes were the only time we'd eat a cherry

The Forgotten Weasley

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 8:24 pm
I've got so many words to say
None would do us any good
Caught between what I want to say
And what I really should

User Image
ᗪᗩGᖇᑌᑎ
ᖴᒪOᖇᗩ
ᕮIᗪᕮ

magical menagerie shop assistant │ former hufflepuff│ halfblood

Dagrun grinned at his groan, sensing a rant was coming. One thing that could be said for Will was that he always had a good story; she'd reread some of his letters, seizing with silent laughter on her cot in a youth hostel, more times than she could count. She listened with a furrowed brow as he started to vent about one of the starting chasers, who apparently kept getting kicked from the match, leaving Will to fill in. She couldn't even remember a Hogwarts match where anyone had ever been carded. Then again, most of the people she'd played against had been pretty decent.

"Maybe he's self-sabotaging out of insecurity," she suggested, added with an unusually sly edge, "after all, you're coming for his job, right?" She then immediately laughed aloud as Will described his critiques during practice. "Gets a kick out of toeing the line? Huh, who does that remind me of?" she snorted, before admitting, "He sounds like he's talking out his arse to prop up his ego. Don't let him get to you."

She grimaced at the Snow White reference; she was as far from a Disney princess as one could possibly be, but admitted, "It's been good. Pretty quiet this time of year now that school's started up. I'm glad the summer rush is over. Way too many bratty kids whose parents don't discipline them," she scowled. "One lady nearly tore my head off because one of the half-kneazles clawed her kid for pulling its tail. And don't even get me started on the ones who like to pull on owls' feathers. But my coworkers are nice." Well, there was the one who'd been divorced two times and wouldn't shut up about it, and the one with a serious fear of snakes, despite working in a pet shop, but other than that...

"Anyways, the hours are really flexible, so that's good. And I'm lucky that I don't have to worry about rent," she added decisively. "I like working closing shift, anyways. It's nice to get to close up shop by myself." Mostly because everyone else's cleaning was a little lackluster in her opinion. And sometimes she liked to hang back and play with the puppies a little longer. "Plus, it's only five minutes from my flat," she commented dryly. At least she didn't have to worry about getting home too late; she could practically see the apothecary from the pet shop.

OOC:
Yukina101

You're still looking for answers
Inside of my mouth
But the words you keep looking for
Aren't gonna come out

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 7:14 pm

Will snorted at Dagrun's suggestion that Plemburton sabotaged himself out of insecurity but it was a nice thought to have. Particularly because he actually was gunning for the man's job so to speak. He purposely avoided eye contact and just barely managed to hold in a grin as she compared his penchant of also toeing the line at certain times but at least his was in (most) good clean fun. That guy was an a**! He did however give her a grateful smile as she suggested to not let him affect him too much. "Thanks. I'm mostly just waiting for his contract to run out and pray our manager doesn't renegotiate a new one." he admitted with a shrug.

Chuckling at her grimace, Will listened as Dagrun discussed her job, or mostly just the customers who annoy her at the shop which he totally understood. Having family members run different shops in diagon was both a blessing and a curse and it was just his luck most of it was retail related. Though he'd never had to actually work with alive stuff; Milo's shop was always a bit too chaotic for him. Plus his husband paid better. "Well that's cool I guess. Not the sucky customers or their may-be psychopathic kids but, everything else sounds good which is...good." he finished lamely but chuckled nonetheless.

A voice suddenly came over the intercom announcing that anyone who was part of the seven o'clock laser run was needed by the info booth for suit up. "Alright! Time to put your lasers where your mouth is." Will waggled his eyebrows a bit not the slightest embarrassed by his turn of phrase as he got up and walked to the same booth they were at earlier. And just like they said as they were handed a vest they were told the rules that most of them had probably already read (three shots to the vest and you're out, blahblahblah) and told that at the end of the half hour run, they would give an award to the person with the most "kills" overall. Great, he just had to stay relatively alive just to kill Dagrun. He could totally do this.

The second after the last person grabbed their gun, the lights went low so the bright neon lights and holograms were the only things illuminating the room and before a buzzer went off alerting the start of the game. Immediately, Will ran off taking shots at some of the slower people who had the misfortune of joining this event along with him and Dagrun. For the next twenty eight minutes, he scrambled, ducked, dodged, and tripped over the same goddamn plastic Willy Wonka looking mushroom at least fifty times as he took out not only other players but kept his sight on his opponent and most importantly her vest. He'd already gotten two shots on her but unfortunately she'd also gotten two on him (who the ******** told her to be agile, that wasn't mentioned in any of the letters!) and was hoping to get in his final third before the clock ran out.

Will was cautiously looking over a unicorn and wondering where he'd want to go eat after this when he realized what would happen if he actually won this. He wasn't too worried about any vengeance from Donner or Drew (mostly Drew, Donner he'd still keep an eye out for) but mostly his reaction. He was, to say politely, an awful winner. He'd been told this basically his entire life. To be fari, he'd also been a pretty horrible loser for a while until his dad had to sit him down with one of their "fatherly discussions" on how losing could help him and yadda yadda. Basically he just learned it was bad being a d**k if he won but it was even worse being a d**k if he lost and nearly break his skateboard by throwing it at a tree. Or you know, just in general. And he maybe kinda liked Dagrun enough to know that she wouldn't just sit and deal with his dickish ways if he actually won. Ugh, maybe he could just, tone it down a little? Will could totally tone down his bragging and get something to eat. Totally. At least that was his thought until he tripped over the same ******** mushroom and dropped his gun right near Dagrun. Well s**t.

The Forgotten Weasley

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 12:08 pm
And what I really should

User Image
ᗪᗩGᖇᑌᑎ
ᖴᒪOᖇᗩ
ᕮIᗪᕮ

Dagrun rolled her eyes as they approached the booth to get their vests for the match; at least she wasn't wearing anything white that might glow in the dark and leave her an easy target. Bumping shoulders with Will, she experimentally hoisted up her gun, adjusting her grip to be more comfortable before the room began to darken. She didn't have any experience with this (well, not with the shooting a fake gun part) and she didn't want to fumble it a few seconds into the match and humiliate herself. For a few moment she was stunned by the sudden switch to bright neon lights and flickering holograms, until she sprung into action, her old quidditch instincts (and years of running around with Donner) kicking in.

Her first priority was to get her back against something solid and just fire away, knowing she couldn't be shot from behind, which she did for nearly the first ten minutes until she was swarmed by a group of trigger happy teens and forced to make a run for it. Scrambling across the floor she cursed when Will got one hit on her, then another several minutes later, but Dagrun happily returned fire in kind, and was panting and breathless by the time the game was approaching its last few minutes, and the players had been whittled down to her, Will, and a few others. Ideally she would have liked to get a few Nordic battle cries in, but fighting in silence was okay in her books too.

Ultimately it came down to her, him, and the mushroom; Dagrun whirled around to find him running at her, gun in hand, and immediately sank down to a half-crouch in order to get a better shot at his vest- only to watch him stumble over the mushroom, dropping his gun. Well, wars weren't won by those who hesitated. Dagrun straightened her stance, raised her gun, and fired, a perfect laser pinpointed on his chest. The buzzer went off barely four seconds later, and the lights began to come back on, revealing a room full of winded teens, uni students, and a few brave souls over the age of twenty five. "You fought with honor," Dagrun informed Will with mock stoicism as she approached him, gun hanging loosely from her grip, then saluted the mushroom instead.

After that, she couldn't really hold it in any longer, and burst out chuckling. "You should have seen your face! I mean, complete heartbreak! You looked like a little kid who just dropped his ice cream cone!" She didn't think she'd laughed like this since she'd graduated; she was pink in the face from trying to restrain her giggles- Graham would have been so annoyed with her for laughing in his face about something like this, even if it was silly, but she knew Will would be doing the same to her if their roles were reversed. It was a nice, warm sort of thought, being so comfortable around someone... even if he drove her to the brink of throttling him in every other conversation. "Wow," Dagrun said as the lights finally came all the way up and people began to filter back to the booth to hand in their vests and guns, "It's gonna be hard to top this date, huh?"

Completely oblivious to what she'd just said, she grinned at him and pushed some stray hair that had escaped her usual ponytail out of her face, slipping off her vest so she could go turn it in.

OOC:
Yukina101

Inside of my mouth
Aren't gonna come out

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 12:22 pm

Will wasn't the least surprised to see his vest light up with it's final hit and see Dagrun standing just a few feet away with a salute and what he supposed was a valiant send off. He would've felt a bit better about it had she not then also saluted the damned mushroom which had him fighting between scowling and laughing. In the end he just rolled his eyes shooting her a soft glare as she finally gave into her own laughter comparing his loss to that of a child dropping their ice cream. It worked but that didn't mean he had to be happy about it. However as bad as he felt about losing, and it did sting preeetty badly, seeing Dagrun practically lose her s**t over him losing the whole thing because of badly placed fungi. And plus, hadn't that been the entire reason for all of this so really, he kinda won? (It was a consolation prize at best but he'd accept it nonetheless).

"Yeahyeah, you reign eternal don't mind me just sprawled out here dying for all you care." Will huffed dramatically as he pulled himself off the floor just as the room was flooded with light as the game was announced at its end as well as the top player which ended up being one of the teens from another group. But seeing the stats flit across one of the screens he was more than happy to see his points weren't too shabby either.

He had just picked up his dropped gun when Dagrun made the point that it would be hard to top this date in the future. The chaser nearly dropped the plastic thing again as her words processed and immediate denial bubbled its way from his chest be he swallowed it down. He wouldn't really ever get another opening like this and if he had to get another letter or hear about some other would be rich douche trying to sweep her off her feet again he wasn't all that sure what he'd do except it most definitely wouldn't be legal. "You know me Dags, always up for a challenge." Will told her with a smirk as he also worked on taking off his vest.

Once his items were turned in, he turned back to her quickly as if she'd finally take a run for it with his back turned. "What are you in the mood for? I kinda want waffles but I also want something with meat." he mused as he straightened the collar of his t-shirt.

The Forgotten Weasley

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 9:35 pm
And what I really should

User Image
ᗪᗩGᖇᑌᑎ
ᖴᒪOᖇᗩ
ᕮIᗪᕮ

Dagrun had just reached the counter and handed over her vest and gun when she realized what she'd just said, and the exhilarated grin slid off her face entirely, to the point where the clerk looked slightly concerned as she turned back to Will. Well, ********. What was wrong with her? Sure, they joked around and they were much more open now with each other and what they talked about, but why would she even go there? The D Word? Right now? Seriously? Even if he was in the least bit interested, he definitely wouldn't have wanted her to be the one to bring it up, and since he probably wasn't, now she just looked like a clingy idiot, and he was probably about to high-tail it out the nearest emergency exit.

To her surprise, he was... smirking? And not in a 'did you really just say that, I'm never going to let you live it down' sort of way, but in the... other sort of way. Dagrun would readily admit she could be a bit obtuse, but she'd been around her share of guys by now, and she'd never been all that insecure when it came to their attention. That wasn't a 'you're so stupid' smirk or 'it's cute that you thought this was a date, but no' smirk. She folded her arms quickly under her chest, cheeks flaring red for a moment, before looking away. Right. Just act casual. Go with the flow, Dagrun. Don't jinx it now. To be honest, she was... alarmed she wasn't more alarmed. Oh my god, did she actually want this to be a date? Her stomach growled as if on cue, and she blinked in surprise when he came back and asked about food.

"Um...," she chewed her lower lip for a moment, then said, "Let's get gyros," she suggested. Yes, she'd eaten dinner two hours ago, but she'd never, ever, been the sort to turn down food. "And fries. There's a really good place maybe ten minutes from here?" Okay. She was doing this. Her first date back on British soil. In progress. "We can walk," she decided. "It's not that cold out and I need to work off my victory jitters," she smiled almost shyly, then pulled on her corduroy jacket. "Alright?"

OOC:
Yukina101

Inside of my mouth
Aren't gonna come out

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 12:39 pm

Will was behind Dagrun as they stood to turn back in their vests and guns and while he didn't see her expression, he could see her stiffen and got worried for a moment that she might be out of sorts from the battle. He hadn't really asked what she'd done prior to this so for all he knew she could have eaten a four course meal and then just ran the equivalent of a marathon in the past hour. He was about to ask but instead of looking green or pale like he was afraid she looked kinda shocked and...ohhoho. Was the Dagrun I Yield For No Man Eide actually blushing because he didn't contradict her about this being a date? As his twin might say, oh how the turns have tabled!

In her defense though, the last time they'd done anything remotely like this (ie, been in the same location together longer than 10 minutes that wasn't a classroom) he'd gotten spooked by his own feelings, left her high and dry in a crowded shop, and ducked and dodged her until graduation. You know, nothing out the ordinary. So for Dagrun to be surprised that he hadn't, while making him feel like a total amoeba, didn't offend him. Though her blush definitely skyrocketed his ego, so much so that he only felt half as bad about her winning.

Dagrun's gyro suggestion was met with an appreciative groan and a long drawn out "yeeeesssssssssss" as he hadn't indulged in that or fries in a long while. It was not just the curse of being an athlete but also the curse of being one with a scarily persistent health nut of an aunt. Will only snorted as she suggested a walk to work through her "victory jitters" as she so called them but agreed zipping up his own hoodie to walk alongside her. "It's been an almost embarrassingly long time since I've had fries so I'm asking, as conciliation prize, for you to not judge how many and how fast I eat them. And also maybe a milkshake. Because I'm sad and need to eat my feelings from my loss. Obviously." Will added laughing as he once again held the door open for her to leave through.

"Maybe we'll even get one with two straws since, yaknow. That's what you're supposed to do. But probably not because I hate sharing sweets." he added blandly though the slight twitch of his lips and the glint in his eyes belied his real mirth. Was he going drag her loss of composure out for as long as he could? He wouldn't be true to himself if he didn't!

The Forgotten Weasley

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 7:12 pm
And what I really should

User Image
ᗪᗩGᖇᑌᑎ
ᖴᒪOᖇᗩ
ᕮIᗪᕮ

Dagrun struggled to keep a straight face; he might not be outright gloating, but she could tell from that smirk he was probably pretty pleased she seemed receptive to the idea of this being a date. Or maybe she was overthinking the entire thing and putting words in his mouth, as usual. He might be as surprised and flustered as her and just doing a far better job at hiding. It wasn't her fault though- he was a Slytherin, they were all far better liars. "What, do you have an entire prescribed diet or something?" she snorted as they approached the exit, leaving the group of chattering teens behind. Then again, he probably did. He was a professional athlete, even if she still wasn't used to thinking of him in that sense. "Is this a cheat meal?" she joked, thanking him again under her breath as he held open the door and suggested milkshakes too.

"I haven't had a milkshake in forever- I did try some amazing gelato in Italy, though..." She trailed off as he made a comment about two straws, unsure for a moment if he was joking or not. Dagrun gave him a hard look, then lightly elbowed at him. "Good thing I hate sharing too, then." As they continued down the street she asked suddenly, "So how's Jack? I haven't seen him around since I got back. What's he doing now?" She wasn't just making small talk; she'd become pretty fond of Will's much more mellow twin by the time they graduated, even when she and Will were feuding.

OOC:
Yukina101

Inside of my mouth
Aren't gonna come out

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 8:37 pm

Will shrugged at Dagrun's teasing question about his nutrition plan since while his manager and coach never said it in so many words, it was more than implied that they watch their physiques. He understood why since it wouldn't do well to have an overweight seeker or beaters and chasers with low stamina but damn, would dessert really kill him every once in a while? Kale surely was at this point. The last time he'd gone home and his mom had given him a container of jollof rice to take he'd nearly cried in joy.

"It's not like, official official but kinda yeah. We have days where we basically just work out or do a bunch of stuff in the air to help with stamina and speed and stuff and like. They don't make us weigh in or anything but they are a bit stricter on stuff we should and shouldn't eat during the season. But y'know," he shrugged again with a very familiar "I know the answer" smirk in place, "I think I worked up a pretty good sweat during our battle. Prolly lost a good few calories. A gyro, some fries, and a milkshake couldn't possibly be too bad right?"

Plus, it wasn't like Will wasn't about to be dumped into the gym the next few weeks anyway before the season officially started. A night of indulgence was definitely warranted. Especially since he'd rather die than tell his aunt and have her wake him up at five am for suicide sprints. Again. He twitched at Dagrun's casual mention of Itally and very much so wanted to ask if she'd shared a bowl with that womanizing alcoholic but held it in (he'd be sure to thank the God/Goddess responsible at his earliest convenience) to give a wan grin only to then cackle as she elbowed him as she agreed on the not sharing.

He wasn't all that surprised though that she asked about Jack; they'd been closer friends than he had, especially during their final years and he was honestly a bit surprised that he hadn't sent her any letters while she'd been away. Though from the few visits he'd gotten from his twin, he'd probably been too tired to even hold a pen. "He's a dragonologist. Or he's almost one. I think he's got another year or so before he's in good standing." Will recalled with not too small hints of pride.

"He's at the Romanian sanctuary and while he's not so happy with the distance, he's pretty happy with what he's doing. After his training's done, he wants to work specifically with disabled and elder dragons. Said something about how they're the ones that need the most help but can give him the most material? Something like that. It's whatever because at least he's not stuck with the babies who can't even control their fire yet." he clucked his tongue with reproach. Don't get him wrong, he liked dragons as much as the next guy (as long as that guy wasn't his dad or brother) but he'd thought it a bit kooky at wanting to study something that could literally kill you on accident at least a hundred different ways. Then again, many could say the same about his job of choice so he kept it to himself. "What about Donner? I thought for sure I'd see him up in the air with me at some point." Will was curious and maybe a bit grateful he didn't have to worry about Dagrun's twin on a near regular basis.

The Forgotten Weasley

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 9:55 am
And what I really should

User Image
ᗪᗩGᖇᑌᑎ
ᖴᒪOᖇᗩ
ᕮIᗪᕮ

Dagrun grinned when he mentioned that Jack was a dragonologist. "That's so cool," she enthused, "he always loved animals, right? We had Care of Magical Creatures together. I'll have to make my way to Romania next time I decide to go backpacking," she said, wishing she'd delved further into Eastern Europe now. It would have been nice to see someone she knew; she'd gotten a little homesick after the first few months of drifting from place to place.

When he asked about Donner, she just shook her head and said dryly, "You might be seeing him pretty soon- he's signed with Puddlemere United as a chaser." Dry as her tone was, it was obvious she was proud of her twin from the warm look in her brown eyes. Donner was such a passionate and competitive person, it was good to see him getting the chance to do something he loved, and not just some crappy job he tolerated. "I'll let him know that you can't wait to be ground into the pitch by him."

OOC:
Yukina101

Inside of my mouth
Aren't gonna come out

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:25 pm
User ImageUser Image

xxWʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? London - Skating Rink
xxxWʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Soon - Zoe
xxxxWʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Wintery Date Night
xxxxxWʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? Why am I so nervous?

Kylian was rather excited. He'd invited Zoe along for a sunset and moonlight skate at a nice ice rink in London. Hopefully it would make for a picturesque evening. Sure enough, snowflakes were drifting lazily to the ground as he got ready, donning nice jeans and a cozy sweater. Perfect. He grabbed his nice winter scarf, a dark grey one knit by his grand-mère. He added a few warming charms, then set off for his date. Hopefully all would go well...

He drove through London, using the short trip as a way to calm his nerves. He wanted this to go well, but was ever afraid he'd say something stupid. Once he parked, the young man walked over toward the skating rink, waiting to buy tickets or rent skates until Zoe showed up. He ran a hand through his hair, watching the steam curl from his breath. It was nearly time and he was excited for how everything would turn out.

kiska166

Gʀᴇᴡ ᴜᴘ ɪɴ ᴀ sᴍᴀʟʟ ᴛᴏᴡɴ ᴀɴᴅ ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴀɪɴ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ꜰᴀʟʟ ᴅᴏᴡɴ, I'ᴅ ᴊᴜsᴛ sᴛᴀʀᴇ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴍʏ ᴡɪɴᴅᴏᴡ
          Dʀᴇᴀᴍɪɴɢ ᴏꜰ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ʙᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ɪꜰ I'ᴅ ᴇɴᴅ ᴜᴘ ʜᴀᴘᴘʏ, I ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ᴘʀᴀʏ
          Tʀʏɪɴɢ ʜᴀʀᴅ ᴛᴏ ʀᴇᴀᴄʜ ᴏᴜᴛ, ʙᴜᴛ ᴡʜᴇɴ I ᴛʀɪᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ sᴘᴇᴀᴋ ᴏᴜᴛ, ꜰᴇʟᴛ ʟɪᴋᴇ ɴᴏ ᴏɴᴇ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ʜᴇᴀʀ ᴍᴇ
          Wᴀɴᴛᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇʟᴏɴɢ ʜᴇʀᴇ, ʙᴜᴛ sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ꜰᴇʟᴛ sᴏ ᴡʀᴏɴɢ ʜᴇʀᴇ. Sᴏ I ᴘʀᴀʏᴇᴅ I ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ʙʀᴇᴀᴋ ᴀᴡᴀʏ
          I'ʟʟ sᴘʀᴇᴀᴅ ᴍʏ ᴡɪɴɢs ᴀɴᴅ I'ʟʟ ʟᴇᴀʀɴ ʜᴏᴡ ᴛᴏ ꜰʟʏ. I'ʟʟ ᴅᴏ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ɪᴛ ᴛᴀᴋᴇs 'ᴛɪʟ I ᴛᴏᴜᴄʜ ᴛʜᴇ sᴋʏ
          Aɴᴅ I'ʟʟ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ᴀ ᴡɪsʜ, ᴛᴀᴋᴇ ᴀ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ, ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ᴀ ᴄʜᴀɴɢᴇ, ᴀɴᴅ ʙʀᴇᴀᴋᴀᴡᴀʏ
          Oᴜᴛ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀʀᴋɴᴇss ᴀɴᴅ ɪɴᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ sᴜɴ, ʙᴜᴛ I ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ꜰᴏʀɢᴇᴛ ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏɴᴇs ᴛʜᴀᴛ I ʟᴏᴠᴇ
          I'ʟʟ ᴛᴀᴋᴇ ᴀ ʀɪsᴋ, ᴛᴀᴋᴇ ᴀ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ, ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ᴀ ᴄʜᴀɴɢᴇ, ᴀɴᴅ ʙʀᴇᴀᴋᴀᴡᴀʏ

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:55 am
User Image

I can't help but feel like I'm one in a m i l l i o n
                                              I'm worth all the c r a p that I'm putting you through

╔══════════════════════════╗
                                              Zoe Quimby

Beauxbatons Alumna - Twenty Seven Years Old - Pureblood
                                              Hair Stylist - Magic Clips Salon

╚══════════════════════════╝

Zoe had apparated nearby where she knew she wouldn’t get caught by muggles. London was great for having a ton of little shops and boutiques that were run by wizards. A lot of them were hubs for apparition as well. After greeting the shop keeper, the Frenchwoman stepped out onto the snow covered cobblestone ground and made her way to the ice skating rink, where she had promised to meet Kylian. Although they had been spending a lot of time together, they were taking their relationship slowly. Zoe wasn’t used to being committed to one person, so it was a little odd but at the same time, it was a really good feeling.

“Bonsoir,” she said as she approached Kylian, giving him a tight hug and planting a quick kiss on his cheek. “Let’s get skates,” she suggested, noting that her boyfriend had actually waited for her to arrive before getting himself ready. At least she wouldn’t feel rushed. When the couple had walked up to the counter, Zoe traded her boots for a pair of figure skates. It took her a lap or two to get used to being on the ice, but once she was comfortable, she thought it’d be fun to start racing Ky. And so, she took off, yelling, “Come catch me!”

((OOC: Bonsoir = Good evening))

User Image xxxxxxxxxxx User Image xxxxxxxxxxx User Image

Miss GryffindorK

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:15 am
User ImageUser Image

xxxxxWʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? I'm still a little rusty...

Kylian looked up when he heard a familiar voice speak in their native tongue. "Bonsoir, mon cher," He was all too happy to wrap her in a hug, happily placing a small kiss on the woman's nose. She mentioned they ought to go get skates so he led her over to the counter, carefully slipping his fingers between hers. Once they got skates, he paid, then went to sit and swap out of his nice shoes into the skates. It took him a bit of wobbling to get familiar on the skates since it'd been a while since he'd last done it, but after a few moments Ky was able to skate around, though a bit slower than Zoe was going. When she called out for him to catch her, Kylian sighed happily, pushing off to try and speed up. "C'est amusant jusqu'à ce que je casse quelque chose!" His tone was chipper, even though he was still a way behind Zoe.

kiska166

{{OoC: Translation - "this is fun until I break something!"}}
          Gʀᴇᴡ ᴜᴘ ɪɴ ᴀ sᴍᴀʟʟ ᴛᴏᴡɴ ᴀɴᴅ ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴀɪɴ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ꜰᴀʟʟ ᴅᴏᴡɴ, I'ᴅ ᴊᴜsᴛ sᴛᴀʀᴇ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴍʏ ᴡɪɴᴅᴏᴡ
          Tʀʏɪɴɢ ʜᴀʀᴅ ᴛᴏ ʀᴇᴀᴄʜ ᴏᴜᴛ, ʙᴜᴛ ᴡʜᴇɴ I ᴛʀɪᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ sᴘᴇᴀᴋ ᴏᴜᴛ, ꜰᴇʟᴛ ʟɪᴋᴇ ɴᴏ ᴏɴᴇ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ʜᴇᴀʀ ᴍᴇ
          Wᴀɴᴛᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇʟᴏɴɢ ʜᴇʀᴇ, ʙᴜᴛ sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ꜰᴇʟᴛ sᴏ ᴡʀᴏɴɢ ʜᴇʀᴇ. Sᴏ I ᴘʀᴀʏᴇᴅ I ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ʙʀᴇᴀᴋ ᴀᴡᴀʏ
          I'ʟʟ sᴘʀᴇᴀᴅ ᴍʏ ᴡɪɴɢs ᴀɴᴅ I'ʟʟ ʟᴇᴀʀɴ ʜᴏᴡ ᴛᴏ ꜰʟʏ. I'ʟʟ ᴅᴏ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ɪᴛ ᴛᴀᴋᴇs 'ᴛɪʟ I ᴛᴏᴜᴄʜ ᴛʜᴇ sᴋʏ
          Oᴜᴛ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀʀᴋɴᴇss ᴀɴᴅ ɪɴᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ sᴜɴ, ʙᴜᴛ I ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ꜰᴏʀɢᴇᴛ ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏɴᴇs ᴛʜᴀᴛ I ʟᴏᴠᴇ

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:35 am
User Image

I can't help but feel like I'm one in a m i l l i o n
                                              I'm worth all the c r a p that I'm putting you through

╔══════════════════════════╗
                                              Zoe Quimby

Beauxbatons Alumna - Twenty Seven Years Old - Pureblood
                                              Hair Stylist - Magic Clips Salon

╚══════════════════════════╝

Zoe continued to speed off, cackling at Kylian’s comment. “Tu ne casseras rien!” she called back. Although when she looked back at him, she grew unsure. They had magic, but Zoe never took healing – looking back, she probably should have. It might actually end up coming in handy one of these days. Kylian was pretty far behind, so Zoe took off quickly to lap him. Coming up from behind, she reached for his hand and intertwined her fingers with his. “Tu sais que tu es vraiment lent?” she asked jokingly, cackling some more. In this moment, Zoe decided she wouldn’t skate off again. Besides, they’d have a better time skating together than chasing each other – although Zoe loved a good chase. The sun had begun to set, but the snow kept on coming and continued to lighten up the city around them. The Frenchwoman brushed some of the snowflakes that had landed on her out of her hair and lifted her hood up for shelter. She could feel that the weather was getting colder, but it didn’t bother her much. “Do you want a chocolat chaud? It’s on me,” she asked with a grin.

((OOC: “You won’t break anything!” “You’re really slow, you know?” Chocolate chaud = Hot chocolate))

User Image xxxxxxxxxxx User Image xxxxxxxxxxx User Image

Miss GryffindorK

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:48 am
User ImageUser Image

xxxxxWʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? I'm still a little rusty...

Kylian slowed a bit, taking time to enjoy Zoe. She was certainly nothing like he'd seen before, though currently she was zooming off. Too bad he wasn't more confident in his skating ability. She teased him, then seemingly vanished in the crowd of people. Dammit. Kylian pushed himself a bit faster, keeping a lookout for the woman. Suddenly, someone grabbed his hand, earning a sharp gasp of surprise. He calmed significantly when he realized it was Zoe, though she was teasing him. "Je n'ai pas patiné depuis de nombreuses années." He grinned, squeezing her hand gently. They skated around for a while, snow twirling lazily around. Suddenly, she offered to buy them hot chocolate and Kylian had to admit the warmth would be nice. "Oui, that sounds lovely. It's chilly out here, non?" He grinned, carefully skating them back to the door of the rink. Once back at some seats, he carefully swapped his skates for his regular shoes, glad to be back on shoes without knives on the bottom. Once they were all set, he led the way to the little snack bar, excited to warm up his hands... and belly. "After this, would you like to go for a late dinner? I found a lovely végétarien cafe near 'ere."

kiska166

{{OoC: Translation - "I haven't skated in many years."}}

The United Kingdom

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces