Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Shopping in the UK
Shaftesbury Avenue ~ Street ~ London Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

StudiousDemoness

Intellectual Shapeshifter

2,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:06 pm
Catharine, at the moment, had two options. One was to keep going ignore the annoyance and proceed as planned, sensible. Except that now that she'd found her footing after her startled jump, she had the great joy of watching the ink run into the puddle her wellies had slipped. Picking it up, she scowled at the running words. A plan ruined. Which left option two...

"I'm lookin' at your face. You gotta reason for calling out to people or is it just good sport?" She felt the chilly water slid along her bare skin and seemed to increase the weight of the sodden paper. It wasn't as cold as the chill that gripped her veins, she barely fought back the urge to hurl it in the other girl's face.

Instead she took a deep breath, she had to be calm. It wasn't like she didn't remember what was on it. Her impossible perfect memory gave her that much, but still... the paper was useful. . .had been useful. She refocused on the girl before her.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:16 pm
User Image
*~Claire Alexandrie~*

Unsorted * Future First Year * Halfblood

Claire just giggled as the other girl jumped and dropped whatever she was holding. If Claire was good she probably would have felt guilty but, goodness was over rated.

She should at least act like she was sorry, if only to avert attention from the rage directed at her, "Well gee...I'm so sorry..." Claire started in her polite sugary laced voice, "You just seemed to be lost is all..."
Claire then looked down, she had this whole nice girl act down, "Where were you going?"

Inwardly Claire was disgusted at playing nice but, she didn't need to make enemies early in her life.

...Plenty of time for that later.

Mood: Fake
Thoughts: ...Well gee...Rude much?
House: Unsorted
Year: Unknown

((OOC: ... ))

Squeeky Luff

1,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

StudiousDemoness

2,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:31 pm
Catharine barely resisted rolling her eyes. She heard enough and faked enough to tell when it was happening. With a casually toss, she flung the paper towards the nearest bin at the corner.

"Don't please. I had enough sugar this mornin' with my cuppa. If you're truly going to be nice, you could help me find..." She paused, looking the other girl over. It wasn't on Google Map or any of the search engines, how could she be sure that others could see it at all? What if it didn't even exist?, worst what if it did, but was hidden normal people? This was girl was annoying in a normal fashion, but then again she wasn't familiar with wizarding people. Did they act like normal people? Did they not? The examples in her life weren't much to go on, a few letters, an odd bloke and the few weird Coppers who had appeared one time 3 years ago.

"A pub," She finished, her words rushed. "Just a small place, nothing of great importance. Called Leaky Cauldron. Wouldn't know it would you?"

If she did, good. If she didn't...then oops, just remembered it was on the other side of town.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:42 pm
User Image
*~Claire Alexandrie~*

Unsorted * Future First Year * Halfblood

Claire watched as the other girl tossed the paper away, well it was ruined anyway, not like she cared.

The half-witch's smile then dropped completely, replaced with a scowl as the kind look in her eyes vanished...so she looked more empty and cold than her usual nice self.
The facade was over already, so it didn't do well to keep on with the guise, "...Well at least you're somewhat perceptive and not a moron like most of the idiots around here." She said, her sugary and soft voice replaced with a tone of indifference.
Claire then sighed, no wonder the girl was lost, obviously she was a muggle of some sort if she didn't know where the Leaky Cauldron was, "...I'm guessing you're...what do they call them? Oh yeah, muggle-borns or some such." Claire then paused, "Or you could be half...but then you'd most likely be able to find the place."

Claire then started to walk briskly towards a shop motioning for the girl to follow her, "I'll ditch ya if ya don' hurry up, ya know."

Mood: Annoyed
Thoughts: ...Better be grateful.
House: Unsorted
Year: Unknown

((OOC: Exiting to The Leaky Cauldron ))

Squeeky Luff

1,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

StudiousDemoness

2,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:55 pm
"Oh, such a lovely attitude...must work wonders one dates," Catharine muttered picking up her pace. "And muggle-born, goodness, can't tell if that is a title or an insult...probably the later. . .

"We must be getting off on a good step though," she said coming up just behind the other girl. She didn't share that it would have been easy to pick the blond head out of the crowd, tourist and all. Didn't need to share such thing, instead she kept her up her pace and wondered for the first time who she was following. Shooting a glance at her companion she took her measured and decided.

"Thus going on this step. . .my name is Catharine."

{{OOC: Leaky Cauldron}}  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:07 pm
User Image
Deirdre is...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // Looking Cool at Shaftesbury Avenuespace
CURRENTLY // singlespaces
CURRENTLY WITH // No onespacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Exuberantspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Nice to get back to what I enjoy...' spacespac

♫ ♫ ♫ I'm a little down, but I'm not dead.
There's a little bit more that has to be said.
♫ ♫ ♫
═════════════════════════════════════════════════

spaceDeirdre stood on the curb of Shaftesbury Avenue, guitar in hand, strumming along as she sang, feeling especially happy to be out and about and playing again. Her guitar case sat open at her feet, and there were a few pound notes already tossed in, a pretty good take, considering she'd only been here an hour or so. Of course, she always ended up with a better take on days where her emotions were running high. After all, the more people could feel it, the more they were moved, the more generous they became. And she was definitely incredibly high on emotions today; it was her first day out and about since she'd dumped that b*****d Lyles, her first day playing in a long, long while. The arsehat had been a controlling son of a b***h, he'd insisted that there was no need for her to go out and play since he was willing to foot her bills. It'd started small, a comment that he didn't want her out on the street late at night because something bad could happen to her, then 'why don't you stick to gigs in coffeeshops and pubs, it's safer than being outside,' and then suddenly if the gig wasn't paying it wasn't worth it, and eventually he didn't see why she was bothering to play at all. She'd barely noticed, the progression had been so slow, until one day she realized it'd been six months since she'd played on a street and two since she'd played for an audience at all. That was completely unacceptable. She refused. So, she stood on that street, strumming away, belting her heart out, angry, ferocious songs, all the words she'd been too good of a person to say to his stupid, controlling face. She'd dumped him a week ago, and finally gotten around to managing rent on a small flat with some of what was left of her mother's blood money. Now that the moving was done and she was completely free of his presence in her life, she needed to expunge him from her mind. And the best way to do that was to use song to curse his miserable arse out for the world to hear. She could hardly keep a smile off her face as hordes of women walking by dropped change into her case before raising a fist in support of sisterhood and the refusal to be dominated by a man. It was a good feeling; she wasn't just singing her own pain and anger, she was singing theirs, and they were one, they were family in that one brief moment where each of them heard her song and said 'those are the words I want to say.' She liked to think that, if any of them were in the situation she'd left, they would find the power to get out, and that her performance would help. It was the little things, after all. They were what mattered.

♫ ♫ ♫ You play me, now I play you, too.
                                                          Let's just call it over.
                                                          ♫ ♫ ♫

(( OOC: ))

Lady Pomegranates

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:33 am
User Image
User Image
GIVE ME THE XXXXX BRIGHT LIGHTS XXXXX GIVE ME THE XXXXX BRIGHT LIGHTS XXXXX GIVE ME THE XXXXX BRIGHT LIGHTS .
I !x ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ xxx look . . for . . you xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx x ❛ █▌║█▌║█▌║█▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
: : IN ▣ M A G A Z I N E S xx i'm x ↘↘↘↘↘↘↘↘ x taking off - - xxx
myweddingring myweddingring myweddingring myweddingring
myweddingring myweddingring myweddingring myweddingring myweddingring
i gave you EVERYTHING ! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
igaveyou igaveyou igaveyou igaveyou xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
EVERYTHING ! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
givemethebrightlights givemethebrightlights givemethebrightlightsxxxxxx
xxxxxxxGIVE ME THE BRIGHT LIGHTS

Shaftesbury Avenue was a rad place.

Hands deep in her short pockets, the young woman strode around, looking at the sights, an open smile shining on her face. It was a great day, she decided. It was nice of Blaise to offer to take her shift today. Garnering more than a few stares-- but she was used to it; as a former exotic dancer, shyness was definitely not an acceptable quality for her line of work. Neither was being faint-hearted or weak, really. Working a pole required some mad core strength and while she missed the glamour sometimes, Marian was happy with her current job. Her skills with java were often overlooked for more material things. Anyway, the barista was walking down the path-- happily twirling her fedora because fedoras were the s**t and happy was her middle name-- when a voice floated down the way from a little bit off, accompanied by a guitar and the murmur of a crowd.

Moving towards it, the petite Asian excused her way to the front of the passers-by. It was a lovely voice; strung, husky and smooth. The song was even better-- she could relate well. Digging into her pocket for a few pound notes, Marian came up with a twenty and a tenner, taking small steps toward the open case to drop them in. With a cheery smile, she did, moving back to her place, sitting at a bench not far away as she continued to listen. It really was a great song, and she was a talented woman.

Eyes closing in 'yum, sun' and 'what is this eargasm,' Marian simply sat there, enjoying what she could and relishing in the feeling. She had time, she thought as she pulled up her legs under her to sit Indian-style on the bench. It was nice to listen to the busker sing. Maybe she could ask her to play for the cafe. She was great!

❛❛ Stand in the spotlight. ❞

______|_|_|______

Mood :: Wow || Location and Action ::Shaftesbury Avenue, Listening to a Busker || Company :: The General Populace

Outfit :: Summer || OOC :: insertmunrambleshere

Cara MiaKitty

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

542e17
7b6d4a
b69f6a

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:41 pm
User Image

♫ ♫ ♫

spaceDeirdre smiled at the passersby, feeling the slightest little trill of excitement at each coin and bill that fell into her case. She did keep track of it as best she could (although it was a bit of a task, especially when she was playing), and thought she was doing quite well for herself. She watched a young woman, maybe around her age, approached, looking as though just walking was a dance, and tossed a couple bills in before retreating to... sit on a bench? Dee watched her with some curiosity. Typically, people stopped, listened for a bit, tipped if they were able or inclined to, and then walked away. She couldn't think of many who would tip upon the approach and then stop to listen. Perhaps the woman had nowhere important to be and wanted a show? If so, that was certainly something Dee could provide. Her sable eyes dipped to the case, noticing the numbers on the bills she'd dropped... they widened a bit, and she had to fight hard to avoid skipping a note. That... was an unusually large tip! The next highest bills in the case were a couple of fives, both tossed in by different people, strangers who had wandered off not long after dropping them in.

spaceThe Irishwoman closed the song she'd been on and moved to another, softer, sweeter. She was having too good of a day to spend it all on cursing ex-boyfriends, after all. Feeling a bit playful and nostalgic, she strummed out the notes for Black is the Colour, a personal favorite, one her father had sang often to her mother. This drew more people (didn't everyone just love a classic, after all?), and a fair amount of tips, much to her excitement. As she closed the song, she stopped, glancing at the few people who'd remained, eyes staying just a second longer on the woman on the bench. "Ah, tha's it fer now, folks. Girl's got'a ea'. An' thank'ee fer feedin' a poor, starvin' artis'!" she called, and then she was collecting her earnings and putting up the guitar. As she grabbed the twenty and ten pound notes, she hesitated, wondering if the woman had in fact meant to give her that much. The rest of her tips went into her purse, but she approached the woman with a sheepish smile, the twenty and tenner in her hand. "Ah, no' sure if ye knew, ye threw thir'y pounds intae me case," she told her. She hated possibly giving up that money, considering that this was the whole of her income, and typically, she would've kept it, figuring she'd earned it and that if the woman were foolish enough to accidentally throw away so much she didn't need it anyway, but she didn't feel like being so sour today. It was a good day, and she'd hate to ruin that with bad karma. If she kept it, she reasoned, she'd probably lose it, or get mugged, and she didn't want either of those things to happen. So, she extended her hand out, waiting to see which bill the woman would take, expecting her to laugh, hand at her hair, and to comment on how silly she was or something of that nature. Someone who tipped so extravagantly probably didn't need the money, after all.

Let's just call it over.
                                                          ♫ ♫ ♫

Lady Pomegranates

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:56 am
User Image
User Image
GIVE ME THE XXXXX BRIGHT LIGHTS XXXXX GIVE ME THE XXXXX BRIGHT LIGHTS XXXXX GIVE ME THE XXXXX BRIGHT LIGHTS .
I !x ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ xxx look . . for . . you xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx x ❛ █▌║█▌║█▌║█▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
: : IN ▣ M A G A Z I N E S xx i'm x ↘↘↘↘↘↘↘↘ x taking off - - xxx
myweddingring myweddingring myweddingring myweddingring
myweddingring myweddingring myweddingring myweddingring myweddingring
i gave you EVERYTHING ! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
igaveyou igaveyou igaveyou igaveyou xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
EVERYTHING ! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
givemethebrightlights givemethebrightlights givemethebrightlightsxxxxxx
xxxxxxxGIVE ME THE BRIGHT LIGHTS

Marian had successfully managed to relax, feeling her bones lose their weariness as she fought the urge to go lay down and slump on the bench like she wanted to. It was probably the sun, she nodded, which was an extremely nostalgic thing, bringing her back to the days of sunny Vegas and even sunnier Boracay as thoughts of days long past flew under dark lids. The music, she decided, was an even bigger factor. She could relate to the songs, the musician and singer was exceptionally talented and she had played Black is the Colour, which was a darling classic that Johnny had introduced to her and so often played at the house.

Anyway, sitting up straighter on the bench and re-arranging her Indian seat, Marian looked out at the view, gaze roving around the whole place rather than just on one spot or staring rather listlessly at the inside of her lids. Merging the input she was receiving into a sort of cloud-like thing floating in her head, the brunette hadn't noticed that the lady busker had stopped, case packed up with her guitar and audience given a smile and a short farewell-- not until said lady busker had appeared before her, a sheepish smile on as she held out the bills she recognized as having thrown into the case. Tossed out of her thoughts into the present, Marian shot up, sitting straight as she scrambled to fix her posture. "No, no-- it's okay!" she exclaimed, mirroring the sheepish smile on the others face as she did. "I did, I knew!" she laughed, eyes bright with gladness, curling the other's hand over the bills. "You're really talented, I loved your music" she spoke, a little less frazzled now as she relaxed her position, smile a bit easier though still as sheepish as Marian shoved her hand into her own dark waves, a habit she resorted to as a familiar comfort when she got embarrassed.

❛❛ Stand in the spotlight. ❞

______|_|_|______

Mood :: Wow || Location and Action ::Shaftesbury Avenue, Listening to a Busker || Company :: The General Populace

Outfit :: Summer || OOC :: IF IT'S TOO POOPY TELL ME SO I CAN EDIT AND WE CAN GET THESE TWO BFF'ING O3O

Cara MiaKitty

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

542e17
7b6d4a
b69f6a

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:50 pm
User Image

♫ ♫ ♫

spaceDeirdre flushed a bit when the woman said she'd known how much she'd given her, a bit shocked and more than a bit flattered. Wait, really? "Ah, thank'ee, then, tha's qui'e a complimen'!" she said, and then wanted to shake her head at how silly that'd sounded. She tucked the bills into her pocket then, and extended her hand once more, this time for a handshake. "Migh' I ask th' name o' my mos' generous patron? I'm Deirdre O'Clery," she said, feeling more than a bit gleeful to be going home with such a take. Considering how cheaply she usually ate, that tip would feed her for a few days alone. Or, she could spoil herself, just a bit, and make it last for two nicer meals. The idea of spending it on a new dress or top did briefly crossed her mind, but it was tossed out almost immediately. The Irishwoman was a sucker for food; she'd dress in rags if it meant she could eat like a king.

spaceAs if to remind her of why she'd stopped, her stomach growled then, and she blushed a bit. "Ah, I suppose I need t' eat," she said with a chuckle, hand going to her stomach. She met the woman's eyes and, feeling impuslive, asked, "Are ye hungry? Perhaps ye could join me, i's always nice tae have company fer a meal." She supposed she might seem a bit strange, asking someone she'd literally just met (and who'd just given her money, no less) to join her for a meal, but then, she was feeling very free today. Like a weight had been lifted off her shoulders (a weight of about two-hundred pounds, give or take), and now she was free to move around and be open and friendly and social. She realized, with some degree of sadness, that Lyles had managed to chase away most of her friends, so that she really didn't have many anymore... she'd have to fix that. A quick login to social media to announce that he was gone, phone calls to some old friends... and maybe she'd make a few new ones, she thought, smiling at the woman before her. After all, the more friends she had, the less likely she'd not have anyone to spend a girl's night out with, or find herself lacking a movie buddy on a Wednesday night. Friends were good... and they would help keep her sane. After her ex-boyfriend's insanity, she needed something sane. Normal, no, but sane. Then again, she found that the more normal a person was, the crazier they were, too. The best people in the world were the weirdos, she'd decided long ago. Lyles had been dreadfully, painfully normal. She wouldn't make that mistake again. Next boyfriend she had was going to be a total freak, for sure.

Let's just call it over.
                                                          ♫ ♫ ♫

Lady Pomegranates

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 11:27 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx⇴ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Shaftsbury Ave Comic Shop
xxx⇴ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? No one (well, Larry, but he doesn't count)
xxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Browsing Comics
xxxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? What does one do on a day off?

Will was (for once) enjoying a rare day off. Normally he preferred to spend extra time at the office or even the dueling range, but there was exactly one thing that could shake him free from his normal routine.... Comic Books. Specifically, a new release in the new Captain Britain series. Supposedly this edition was to feature Betsy fighting alongside her twin, which hadn't been seen yet in this series. He checked his watch as he walked up Shaftesbury Avenue, headed for his favorite little comic shop. It was one of the rare few places he felt totally safe. Walking in, he heard the little chimes above the door, followed by a "Hey Will! I saved ya a copy, man!" from behind the counter.

The blonde waived politely, gesturing to another comic rack. After getting a thumbs up, Will stepped aside to examine a few other editions. He still had a few he was missing from his collection, after all. He searched for a few minutes, browsing a Hawkeye comic he was sure he'd never seen. Tapping his toes on the floor, Will added another -this one Young Avengers- to his hand. "Hey man, you ever gonna make the jump to DC?" At that, Will looked over at the shopkeep he'd come to befriend. "The day they come out with something good, sure." Will quipped back, chuckling as Larry the shopkeep feigned hurt. Will shook his head a bit, moving back to the task at hand. Comic books, coffee... maybe a visit to dad... no, wait, he was working. Oh well. Surely he'd find something to do with his day.

{{Wearing: Casualwear}}
{{OoC: hopefully this works! we wanted them to meet and nerd out, after all!}}
yukina101

Wᴇʟᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ ᴏꜰ ᴇʀᴀs. Iᴄᴇ ʜᴀs ᴍᴇʟᴛᴇᴅ ʙᴀᴄᴋ ᴛᴏ ʟɪꜰᴇ
Dᴏɴᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ᴀɴᴅ sᴇʀᴠᴇᴅ ᴍʏ sᴇɴᴛᴇɴᴄᴇ, ᴅʀᴇss ᴍᴇ ᴜᴘ ᴀɴᴅ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ ᴍᴇ ᴅɪᴇ
Sʏᴄᴏᴘʜᴀɴᴛs ᴏɴ ᴠᴇʟᴠᴇᴛ sᴏꜰᴀs, ʟᴀᴠɪsʜ ᴍᴀɴsɪᴏɴs, ᴠɪɴᴛᴀɢᴇ ᴡɪɴᴇ
I ᴀᴍ sᴏ ᴍᴜᴄʜ ᴍᴏʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀɴ ʀᴏʏᴀʟ, sɴᴀᴛᴄʜ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴄʜᴀɪɴ ᴀɴᴅ ᴍᴀᴄᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴇʏᴇs
Iꜰ ɪᴛ ꜰᴇᴇʟs ɢᴏᴏᴅ, ᴛᴀsᴛᴇs ɢᴏᴏᴅ ɪᴛ ᴍᴜsᴛ ʙᴇ ᴍɪɴᴇ
Hᴇʀᴏᴇs ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ɢᴇᴛ ʀᴇᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀᴇᴅ, ʙᴜᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ʟᴇɢᴇɴᴅs ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴅɪᴇ
Aɴᴅ ɪꜰ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ɴᴏᴡ ʏᴏᴜ ᴋɴᴏᴡ I'ᴍ ᴛᴀᴋɪɴɢ ʙᴀᴄᴋ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄʀᴏᴡɴ
I'ᴍ ᴀʟʟ ᴅʀᴇssᴇᴅ ᴜᴘ ᴀɴᴅ ɴᴀᴋᴇᴅ I sᴇᴇ ᴡʜᴀᴛ's ᴍɪɴᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛᴀᴋᴇ ɪᴛ

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 8:08 pm
Nothing is holding you back now
No one can push you around
What do you wanna do your the master of you and
Isn't the thought enough to lift you off of the ground
Nothing is holding me back now

User Image
User Image

Gʏғғɪɴᴅᴏʀ Aʟᴜᴍ ☀ Cʟᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ Dᴇsɪɢɴᴇʀ ☀ Mᴇᴛᴀᴍᴏʀᴘʜᴀɢᴜs

❃❂❁Between their moms and even Cyrille, Chanda had been browbeaten into taking a personal day from their sowing room. Their clothing was finally getting sold at an almost consistent level that they were actually starting to see profits and the online store was getting really good traction since they'd put it up. There was even talks at maybe getting racks at a storefront soon which xe was really really excited for. So for the surprise free day, a small trip to the comic store was in order. It'd been a while since they'd been and was pretty sure they were behind on literal everything.

Xe had found a store a few weeks ago when running errands but hadn't had the time to go and look around so they figured today was the day. Looking inside it looked like every other comic store, there were advertisements for new releases including a Marvel title he wasn't too familiar with but also a new Young Justice and Beast Boy titles. Xe's always had a spot for the green teen, marginally because they were both able to shapeshift and they'd thought it was pretty cool to see someone in comics and cartoons who also ate tofu regularly. It was the little things they mused happily taking a copy of the new issue before continuing their perusal.

Chanda noticed another person in the store there who seemed to be much more familiar than they were and even had a decent rapport with the clerk. They were moving along thumbing through other DC titles when he heard them discuss the ever stagnant DC vs Marvel debate and couldn't help but snort at the other's retort no matter how hard they tried to hold it back. "I mean sure, whining about their morals for like ten issues is vastly more entertaining than actual problem solving." Chanda said candidly still thumbing through some Young Justice.

No one can push me around
What do I wanna be
I'm the master of me
And isn't the thought enough to lift me off of the ground
We could be independent together
Independent together we can fly
User Image
Cinnabun Gryffie

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 8:32 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxx⇴ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Chanda, probably (and Larry, but he doesn't count)

Will looked over when another person chimed in, noting that DC always had to whine for several episodes. Larry grumbled something in reply and Will snorted. "I mean, it's only fair. Their comics are both literally and figuratively dark. Constantly. They really need to broaden their color pallets." He commented, looking over a Miles Morales comic. He hadn't read much of that string, but perhaps it was time. "Not like you could do better, Will!"

Will glanced over at Larry, who was busy helping another customer. Will sighed, thinking perhaps he could do better. Not like he hadn't practiced a ton, after all. Really, he just needed a decent storyline. He looked over, finally noticing the third person in their anti-DC quip. "Hey... I think we went to school together. Chanda, right?" He looked over, remembering that particular... sense of style. It had to be Chanda, didn't it?

{{OoC: hopefully this works! we wanted them to meet and nerd out, after all!}}
yukina101

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:10 pm
Nothing is holding you back now
No one can push you around
What do you wanna do your the master of you and
Isn't the thought enough to lift you off of the ground
Nothing is holding me back now

User Image
User Image

Gʏғғɪɴᴅᴏʀ Aʟᴜᴍ ☀ Cʟᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ Dᴇsɪɢɴᴇʀ ☀ Mᴇᴛᴀᴍᴏʀᴘʜᴀɢᴜs

❃❂❁"I meant Marvel but honestly, you're not wrong." Chanda verbally realized with a quiet "huh" at the end deciding on the last three novels of YJ to tide them over before moving on to their guilty pleasure: Archie comics. Xe'd originally gotten into them when Puck had begun reading the Chilling Adventures and Archie and the gang had been occasional protagonists which had somehow garnered their interest more than the teen devil worshiper. They couldn't decide whether it was the mindless shenanigans that never failed to at least make them chuckle or Archie always managing to escape his due desserts. It was actually a bit mindboggling.

They looked up when the other customer was suddenly in their field of vision mentioning that they'd gone to school with one another and even called out his name. Xe stared a bit longer than probably socially accepted before their eyes widened in a bit of surprise as they finally recognized the face. "Bennett! Or, Will right? If we're on first names I mean." Chanda chuckled putting down the comics to look at their previous classmate; now that they were getting a better look at them, xe couldn't believe it'd taken so long to recognize him. Though in fairness, it was going on a decade since they'd graduated. Merlin, time moved way too quickly. "Ho-how you been? I don't really keep up with our class much, just a handful of people." they chuckled shrugging a bit. "Handful" being their business partner and ex-girlfriend which...it counted, right?

No one can push me around
What do I wanna be
I'm the master of me
And isn't the thought enough to lift me off of the ground
We could be independent together
Independent together we can fly
User Image
Cinnabun Gryffie

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:22 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxx⇴ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Chanda, probably (and Larry, but he doesn't count)

Will chuckled at the other patron's note that they'd meant Marvel, rather than DC. "Ah yes, because Marvel's done the exact same story of Batman what, nine thousand times?" He laughed, not looking up from the comic in his hands. Something about DC just... never sat right with Will, perhaps because their biggest flagship was just an emo guy with too much money. He debated between a few comics, ultimately putting both in hand.

After noticing Chanda, they commented back with his surname, then corrected to his first name. "Yes indeed, Will Bennett is my name. And... uh, sorry for the first name...thing?" He offered a nervous grin, shrugging a bit. He stood awkwardly as Chanda looked him over, then was a bit surprised when Chanda asked how he was, going so far as to say they didn't really keep up with people from class. "Same. On the, y'know, keeping up. Most of my time is spent at work... or just... home. Sometimes here, when I've got time. How about you? What're you up to lately?" He adjusted his stance, trying to appear relaxed, unlike his normal stoic movements that he held at work.

yukina101

Shopping in the UK

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]