Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply The United Kingdom
The Great Music ~ London Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vampire Toy

Fashionable Pumpkin

9,375 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:56 pm
The Great Music

User Image

The Great Music is a music cinema located in Shaftesbury Avenue. It was close to where Ron Weasley, Harry Potter and Hermione Granger changed clothes when on the run from Death Eaters in 1997.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:06 pm
User Image
┏━━━━━━━━━┓
Kellan Loire

Cook of Three Broomsticks
┗━━━━━━━━━┛

I make them good girls go bad
I make them good girls go
Good girls go bad, good girls go bad...

Ah, music in the Muggle world... nothing could get better. Kellan was here to see a Muggle rock band called In The Time, and while they didn't rock too hard, he was still having himself a blast. He pulled himself out of the crowd and headed to the bar in the place."'Ello mate. Just a pint for me right now," he said and leaned back to survey the crowd.

I know your type, you're daddy's little girl
Just take a bite
Let me shake up your world
'Cause just one night couldn't be so wrong
I'm gonna' make you lose control

Out Of Character: ...

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:01 pm
User Image
User Image
Single ❤ Kolby Age 16 ❤ Attire Squib ❤

All my life I've been good but now I'm thinking "What the hell?!"
All I want is to mess around, and I don't really care about...

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Yet again, Andi had crawled through her bedroom window, jumped off the roof, and headed into London. Armed with her skateboard and a backpack of various things, she made her way to her destination: The Great Music cinema. There was supposed to be a band playing tonight, some group called In The Time. She hadn't heard much of them, focusing more on her own music than some Muggle band. Strolling into the cinema, she walked right past the bouncer, smiling and waving at him. Lucky for her, a good smile could get her into any place she wanted. Her first stop: the restroom. There was no way she was crashing this party looking the way she did now. Making her grand exit from the restroom, Andi shook out her blonde hair in a dramatic excuse of saying 'Here I am!' By this time, the band had started playing. They were okay, but she could show their guitarist a lesson or two, she thought. Heels clicking on the tiled floor, she strutted to the bar. No, she wasn't old enough to drink, but she could always pretend. Plus, there was a rather attractive looking young man at this bar, watching everyone in the cinema with eyes that could pierce right through someone's entire being. "Hey, are you gonna keep staring at people all night, or are you actually gonna have some fun?" she asked him, smirking in his direction. Yes, he would do just fine. The tigress had chosen her prey.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
If you love me, if you hate me; You can't save me, baby, baby
All my life I've been good but now "What the hell?!"

❤ Company: Unnamed person of interest
Thoughts: Let's have some fun, shall we?
❤ Feeling: Flirtatious
OOC: ...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:17 pm
User Image
┏━━━━━━━━━┓
Kellan Loire

┗━━━━━━━━━┛

The place was seeming rather dull until a fiery blond emerged from the crowd and headed to the bar, but more importantly, to him.My first catch of the day, he thought to himself and smirked. He downed his beer and smirked at the hot young thing. "Just waiting for the right people to... pop out, if you know what I mean?" he said, his electric blue eyes searching her. Turning back to the bar, he asked, "What are you drinking?"

Just take a bite

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:08 pm
User Image
User Image

Andi smiled as those eyes of his fell into her gaze. She batted her long eyelashes, fluttering her own blue eyes at him. "People like me, you mean?" she asked. Leaning her elbows on the bar, she propped her head up on her fists, watching him. He poured his drink, whatever it was, beer maybe, down his throat and smirked at her. Such a lovely smile. She laughed lightly to herself. He asked her what she was drinking, and she looked around, confused. "Nothing yet, obviously. Got any suggestions?" Andi had never had anything from a bar, so she was a little lost on what was considered 'good' or not. Honestly, she hadn't had any plans of drinking at all tonight. She just wanted to have some fun, is all. But if this was what fun implied, then who was she to object, right?

Thoughts: It's just one drink, right?
❤ Feeling: Conflicted

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:16 pm
User Image
┏━━━━━━━━━┓
Kellan Loire

┗━━━━━━━━━┛

He chuckled at her and ran a hand through his blond hair. "Well, for a beautiful girl such as yourself, I'd say probably a cosmopolitan or a mudslide. They're kind of girlie beverages, but they maintain a decent alcohol content." He waved to the bar tender to call them over. "So, gorgeous, you got a name?" he asked, a smile creeping onto his face as he turned to face her.

Just take a bite

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:32 pm
User Image
User Image

Andi smirked when he referred to her as beautiful and suggested 'girlie' drinks for her to try. Boy, did he have it wrong. Still, she played the card she was dealt, turning away in a sheepish manner, acting embarrassed by his words. "I don't know what you're talkin' about, beautiful and all..." She turned back to face him, smiling in this 'girlie' manner he had her pegged for. "I'll take your word for it. Bartender, give me your best Cosmopolitan." The man in question eyed the girl up and down, as if debating whether he should or shouldn't make her the drink. But with a few bats of her eyelashes and the faintest of smiles, he allowed it, preparing the beverage she had asked for. Andi looked back to the boy while the bartender worked. "Who's ta say my name isn't Gorgeous?" she replied as her drink was placed in front of her. Andi studied the thing, a bright red liquid in a martini glass, a slice of lime on the rim of the glass. Delicate fingers lifted the glass to the girl's lips, but before she took a sip, she looked back at the boy. "My name is Andi." she said plainly before pressing the glass to her lips and sipping the bright red liquid. Like poison, it burned as it trailed down her throat. Andi resisted the urge to cough it out of her system, allowing the drink to hit her stomach where it burned a bit more before fizzling out to nothing. Now she knew why she had never had alcohol before: it burned like hell! Pushing the feeling aside, she turned back to the boy. "What about you, handsome? There has to be a name to go along with that pretty face of yours." She smirked, sipping her drink again. The burning returned, but she would learn to ignore it eventually.

Thoughts: God, it burns!
❤ Feeling: Like my internal organs are on fire!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:00 pm
User Image
┏━━━━━━━━━┓
Kellan Loire

┗━━━━━━━━━┛

Kellan watched her intently, like a hawk watching its prey, as she batted her eyelashes at the bartender. A smirk crawled onto his face as he realized she was trying to play his game back at him. He tapped his mug and the bar tender refilled the glass for him. "Andi is a pretty name," he said smirking. Then he took a big gulp from his beer, cutting through the head for the fresh liquid beneath. "No doubt it's short for something else?" He smirked, knowing full well that he was avoiding her question about his own name. Making her plead to him for him to tell her his name was part of his game, after all.

Just take a bite

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:45 pm
User Image
User Image

Another glance at the boy, and another sip of her drink. Andi had grown comfortable with the burning sensation by this time. She was even beginning to enjoy it. If her dad ever found out she had been drinking... Nope. Tonight was about having fun. She pushed any thought of her father aside and propped her head up on her elbow again, staring at the boy. "Yes, it's short for something, and no, I won't tell you. I go by Andi." Really, there wasn't anything wrong with her birth name. She just preferred her nickname over that one. It was shorter, which meant it was easier to sign autographs. And for a future rockstar, that was an important trait to have. Raising her glass to her lips, she did not sip the red liquid, instead swallowing the rest of it in a single gulp. Andi licked her lips, capturing any extra drop of the sour yet sweet beverage. "Oh, come on. You must have a name. Maybe it's as pretty as mine. Doubtful, but ya never know. So what is it, handsome?" She smiled at him, an innocent yet flirtatious smile, and poked at his side. She would know his name. That was one of her goals for the night now, to know this boy's name. Then, she would feel some sort of accomplishment.

Thoughts: He's like Rumpelstiltskin or somethin'
❤ Feeling: Curious

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:21 pm
User Image
┏━━━━━━━━━┓
Kellan Loire

┗━━━━━━━━━┛

He chuckled and raised his mug to his lips, drinking the beverage within. "Alright, you got me. I'm guilty. I have a name." He drained his glass and ordered another. "Most call me Kell. That works for me." He drank from the fresh mug that was placed in front of him and smirked. "So Andi, what do you think of this band?" He flashed her a disarming smile and watched her response.

Just take a bite

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:35 pm
User Image
User Image

Andi watched him as he easily downed one drink after the other. What was with him? Had he just gotten used to it, or was this a common hobby of his? Meanwhile, without even asking, the bartender refilled the glass in Andi's hand with a fresh drink, bright red swirling around in circles. She glanced at it, taking another gulp before pulling out a stool and sitting atop it, as if it were a throne fit only for her. She crossed her legs, leaning one elbow on the bar, holding her drink in that hand, and twirling a piece of her blonde hair in the other hand. "Kell, huh? I like it. It's just so... you." She sent a smile in his direction, a bit stunned by his own. He truly was beginning to seem like the type that did this every day, this little game they were both wrapped up in with each other. She didn't let on that she knew, however, her oceanic eyes masking her thoughts. "And is that short for anything?" she asked, sending his question to her right back at him. Andi took another drink from her glass, finding it already half empty again, then turned to study the band. "Eh. They're okay, I guess. Their lead guitarist is way off on his timing, though. I can tell that the bass player is in time judging from the beats the drummer is laying down and from the lead vocalist. But that other guy on lead guitar... Boy, he either needs better lessons, more practice, or a smaller ego. I mean, seriously..." She stopped right there, for fear of her rambling on and on. He would probably just tune her out like most people did when she started talking about music. Andi sighed, and finished off the drink in her hand.

❤ Company: Kell
Thoughts: Now I sound like a music nerd, which I am, but still...
❤ Feeling: Judgmental and ramble-y

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:51 pm
User Image
┏━━━━━━━━━┓
Kellan Loire

┗━━━━━━━━━┛

He was about to dive her question as to whether his nickname stood for anything, but then she started to talk about the band. He hadn't really noticed anything about them except for the fact that they sucked. But she was clearly into music on a deeper level. He brought his glass to his lips and listened as she spoke. "You really like music, eh? I would have just said 'They suck' or 'They rock'." He chuckled and put the glass down on the bar, then flashed another disarming smile. "Let me guess, you play music. Possibly in a band?"

Just take a bite

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:07 pm
User Image
User Image

Andi rolled her eyes at Kell. He sure was a sharp thinker, huh? To be able to pick up that she liked music was astounding. "Yeah, I love music. It's one of my many passions." She glanced at him, then back at the band. "It's against the musician in me not to give criticism where it needs to be given. And 'they suck' or 'they rock' just don't cut it in my book." She paused, pondering the idea of her playing in a band. Was that what she needed? More people to play with her? Nah, she figured. She was a lone wolf. She didn't need anyone else to play with her. Or did she? "If I had a prize, I'd give you one. Yes, I play music. Guitar mostly, but I've been working on some other instruments too. And I'm not in a band. I fly solo." Andi watched the band play, studying their movements on stage. That was one thing she didn't have, stage experience. She really only played in her bedroom, after all. After a while, her fingers even began to tap along with the beat of the song that was being played.

❤ Company: Kell
Thoughts: I'm a music nerd? Yes. Yes, I am.
❤ Feeling: Musical

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:58 pm
User Image
┏━━━━━━━━━┓
Kellan Loire

┗━━━━━━━━━┛

Kellan listened to her and smirked when she said she'd give him a prize if she had one. I can think of a good prize, he thought to himself. But he said nothing. "Never been very musical. Just don't have the skill." He shrugged and drank and gulp of his beer. "But it's cool that you play. A gorgeous girl such as yourself with a guitar, rocking out is definitely awesome. Just as long as you don't... er what was it you said? Be off on your timing? But, being solo, I guess you set the timing, am I right?"

Just take a bite

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:07 pm
User Image
User Image

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

The rain had eased up quite a bit since this morning when it down poured. Gotta love winters in England! Ariana and Seth had agreed to meet up in the lobby of the building where the concert would take place, so the young woman apparated into one of the bathroom stalls – luckily, it was empty – and washed her hands as anyone with decent hygiene would do after using the loo. As the singer waited in the lobby, her eyes kept darting over to the boys’ bathrooms, figuring Seth would probably choose the same approach as she did. As she waited for her date to arrive, she began to think back to when they were students. Not once did she ever think she’d be interested in him romantically. Their years at Hogwarts were complicated. Ariana never really spoke to Seth until about the third year – when he and his Slytherin twin decided they needed time apart. The Hufflepuff never affiliated herself with the Slytherin students; she had no one but Eretria to blame for that. Third year was also about the time that she and Seth began experimenting with the same gender, and Ariana ended up falling head over heels in love. After Katrina’s sudden disappearance, something seemed to have stopped Ari from finding another female partner. Classmates thought she was a tad too boy crazy and cursed since anyone she started having a romantic relationship with somehow disappeared as well. For many years, the girl believed it was true. That was, until she started dating post graduation. Neither Adrian, nor Blaise disappeared. Adrian’s crazy step sister got involved and brainwashed Adrian into falling in love with her and thinking Ariana was horrible while Blaise and Ariana didn’t feel a deep connection. Hopefully, things would be different with Seth, but if they weren’t, it would be onto the next one.

I'm over here doing what I like!
I'm over here workin' day and night!
And if my real ain't real enough
Then I don't know what is.

Diamond Wales

The United Kingdom

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items