Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply The United Kingdom
The British Museum ~ London Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vampire Toy

Fashionable Pumpkin

9,375 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:32 pm
The British Museum

User Image

The British Museum is a museum in London dedicated to human history and culture. Its permanent collection, numbering some eight million works, is amongst the largest and most comprehensive in existence and originates from all continents, illustrating and documenting the story of human culture from its beginnings to the present.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:49 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Ƞɑɨʈɑɲɲɑ Ɛɭɭɨʂ Ɲɑʂʈɑʂʂɨɑ Ɛɭɭɨʂ

User Image

User ImageSingle User Image Single

Tanna was practically dragging her twin behind her as the examined yet another exhibit chronicling the expanding life of the world. Tassy, behind her, was groaning, moaning, whining, and generally making a nuisance of herself. "Ugghhh! Why are we even here! We're not even British!" Once again the artist merely rolled her eyes as she eagerly examined this new piece about the Bronze Age. "A, we're here to get cultured and get out of the apartment to spend time with each other. B, this museum is about human history and culture not just British. And C, you only want to stay home to nurse the hangover you foolishly gave yourself." This time her sister rolled her eyes at her nearly bulleted list. "Damn right I wanna, but you, Miss Take-This-Hangover-Potion-And-Get-Dressed wouldn't let a girl lay in!" As they progressed into the museum looking at new artifacts their voices steadily became softer as to not disturb those around them. "And what good would it have done to just let you lay about in bed all day?" Tanna asked stamping her foot impatiently. Tassy threw her hands in the air dramatically before answering equally impatient. "I dunno! Maybe....alone time with dragon boy?" she smirked watching her sister turn a deep shade of rose bringing up Joey. "Tassy!" she quietly shrieked.

Ura the rainbow King

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Ura the rainbow King

Tipsy Trafficker

11,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:54 pm
Shin Sever

My name is Shin Sever...
I am not the Yongest, or the brightest son...

..I am the most hated, But I am strong.

User Image
Former Slytherin

> Shin walked between the large doors of the muggle building. It had been years sense he was in the muggle world for pleasure. He realized he missed it. He had placed a very simple glamor on his face to dem the scars on his face. He still kept his hair down over his face, but now he could look up at things. He had not bothered to change into muggle clothing as he had none. As suck, he was in black slacks, a dark gray shirt and an open black robe. He somewhat speared to be a gothic punk rocker. But, it was not quite right. He also had a wand case attached to his belt. His wand was not in it however. He saw many people here and moved to be slightly away form any large groups.
⁈OCC⁉

Mood? Has an odd feeling about this house.
Emotional state? Scared
Physical State? Weak

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:53 pm

User Image

Tassy had lagged behind as her twin happily jogged after the tour group going to learn about "the ancient and wonderful world or Mesopotamia or some wallop like it. She blew out air teasing her hair and playing with the fringe on her shirt while twirling the ones on her shoes. The entertainment value of that lasted for about two minutes before she was bored again and began looking around for something fun she could do in a museum. Just as she was about give in to her hypothesis and say no she spotted a young man hovering way away from the group and not looking at really anything. At first look he seemed be one of those goths that seem to be prowling around at concerts but she couldn't shake the feeling that there was more to him. So what did she do? She walked up to him bravely with grin on her creamy brown face. "Hi there, you look like a fellow loner. Why not less us loners be lonely together eh?" Tassy ran the words through her head a few seconds later and giggled quietly at how....ridiculous it sounded.

Ura the rainbow King

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Ura the rainbow King

Tipsy Trafficker

11,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:18 pm
Shin Sever

My name is Shin Sever...

User Image
Former Slytherin

> Shin was looking at a lovely work behind the glass, thinking if the differences that it held from the books he had read. His mind thinking, when a woman came up. He turned, looking her over. He smiled slightly, letting his hair fall back into place, covering his face. He raised a brow at her choice of words, but decided that he would not mind some company. "I suppose. However, first I will need to know your name." He said. He was not used to people approaching him, but he realized he like it. He assumed this girl was a muggle. He had never known a muggle before. However, he was also pretty sure his mother had placed muggle repelling charms upon him.
⁈OCC⁉

Emotional state? Scared
Physical State? Weak
yukina101

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:30 pm

User Image

Tassy's grin widened as the boy actually spoke to her and asked her name. "Of course, but I hope you realize that I'm going to need yours as well. Mine is-" "Tassy! Tassy you missed it, it was so incredible! The colors and the textures of the lands and the animals were almost lifelike and, gah! It was just so amazing!.......O-oh. W-who's he?" Tanna had come running back to her sister quietly but excitedly explaining the Mesopotamia exhibit before finally noticing the silent and darkly dressed man next to her and immediately fell victim to her shyness and stuttered. Her twin merely laughed at how bipolar her sister could be before wrapping an arm around her so the two were standing side by side. "As I was saying, my name, as you might now know, is Tassy and this is my twin sister Tanna." Tanna merely gave a shy grin and waved blushing.

Ura the rainbow King

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Ura the rainbow King

Tipsy Trafficker

11,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:58 pm
Shin Sever

My name is Shin Sever...

User Image
Former Slytherin

> Shin looked at the woman. He realized she was very pretty. He listened to her almost get to her name, when another pretty lady came up and spoke to the first. He wondered if they were twins. He smiled softly as the other spoke happily about an exhibit. Then, upon catching sight of him, she stopped speaking, seeming, to him, shocked. He let the smile drop, wondering if his glamor had dropped. He nodded. "Greetings Tassy and Tanna. My name is Shi-...Zen. My name is Zen." He was lying. But, some part if him wanted to kill his old self. The skidish, frightened, scar covered boy that his mother had made him. So, right then and there, he created Zen. He shot another smile, a littler nervous they would see through his lie. He stood still and held out a hand to them.
⁈OCC⁉

Emotional state? Scared
Physical State? Weak
yukina101

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:10 pm

User Image

Tanna instantly felt bad when the other's smile dropped a bit for her stutter and shyness. When he gave out his name however she inwardly raised both eyebrows wondering about it but still grinned and took his offered hand along with her twin. Tassy merely thought he had an overly complicated name and only used a shortened version like they did. "I quite like that name, it could be a band name! Zen....yup, definitely band material." and instantly she began thinking aloud of instruments and genre the band would be. Her sister shook her head at her words before offering a smile-a real one not a hint of shyness- before whispering conspiratorially "Ignore her when she's like this, it'll be a few more minutes before she finally returns to Earth."

Ura the rainbow King

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Ura the rainbow King

Tipsy Trafficker

11,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:27 pm
Shin Sever

My name is Shin Sever...

User Image
Former Slytherin

> Shin smiled as they shook his hand. He did not really know why Zen could be a band name and just shook his head. He did not listen to bands at all. His mother would never have let him listen to something like that. He smiled at Tanna. He nodded his head. He did not understand the conversation. But he did understand her obsession. He had felt the same way for potions a long time ago. "Do you have any hobbies?" He asked, already able to guess Tassa's. He knew that he really had no hobbies. Every thing he thought he had..well potions. Was just a skill he had, not a hobby. He adjusted his clothing, letting the wand holder be hidden by his robe. He was enjoying him self and it showed.
⁈OCC⁉

Mood? Great
Emotional state? Good
Physical State? Sore leg and a little shaky. Dosent want to move about to much.
yukina101

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:45 pm

User Image

While Tassy continued with her obviously ignored thought process Tanna grinned excitedly as Zen asked what her hobby was not without noticing a bulky...something on his belt being hidden. Hmm. "I like art, of all kinds. I'm even doing a Masters in Art." Never had she been so glad that Masters transferred easily between both world. To a muggle it would just mean she's in university. Now that she was closer to the boy she tried looked at his face, hidden beneath all that long hair!, and found the parts that she could actually see she liked. He could easily be a model for some of her paintings, in fact... "I know this is going to sound a bit odd, considering we just met an' all, but would you let me draw you? You have this really unique structure and I really want to capture it!" Tanny was practically bouncing in place at the thought while she went into her messenger back to pull out a sketchbook and soft pencil.

Ura the rainbow King

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Ura the rainbow King

Tipsy Trafficker

11,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:07 pm
Shin Sever

My name is Shin Sever...

User Image
Former Slytherin

> Shin kept his smile up, liking the pleasant conversation, tuning Tassa out. It was not that he did not care, it was more that he did not understand her. He was not an artist, but he liked art. He raised a brow at the word Masters. That was impressive. He also noticed that she was looking at his face. It made him very nervous. Then. She dropped the bomb. He stepped back, eyes wide. He looked horrified. He shook his head, just, shocked. He did not even look in a mirror. Had not in literally years. "Wha...Uhh...what?!" He seemed like a fish out of water. His hand went up to cover his face. "I...do-you do?" He asked. The second part shocked him just as much. He could not even imagine someone baring to look at him, much less want to. He had not been called anything positive with his looks since he was 7. He felt guilty that he was hiding his ugliness with a glamor. He felt it must be the glamor.
⁈OCC⁉

Mood? Great
Emotional state? Good
yukina101

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:31 pm

User Image

Tassy finally stopped her long thinking process to see Zen slightly freaking out and Tanna's eyes widened shaking. "What did you say?" she asked curiously. If anyone ever thought to put the stigma of the "good" and "bad" twin upon them, it would be Tanna as the "good" one, so it stood that she was horribly curious to know what she had possibly said to make him react that way. "I-I-I don't know! All I asked is if I could maybe draw him. A-and I do! But not if you're not comfortable with it." she directed the last statement towards Zen feeling guilty for making him feel this way.

Ura the rainbow King

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Ura the rainbow King

Tipsy Trafficker

11,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:42 pm
Shin Sever

My name is Shin Sever...

User Image
Former Slytherin

> Shin was shaking slightly, hands clasped. He knew he was making a scene. It was bad. But, he could not hide his adverse feelings. He shook his head, forcing a smile. "Its..it's not a pro-blem...just... Never been asked... Usually people don't want to..,loo-draw me or..it's just...new". He tried. He smiled weakly again. This was bad. But, strangely, he did not want to run away. "Thanks..thank you Tanna...I...I like the offer..just...". He shook his head. He just could not do it. He would not move his hair from his face. "Wait..can..I....leave my hair..or....". He wanted to please those girls. And, part of him wanted to see how Tanna saw him. He wondered what it was she saw.
⁈OCC⁉

Mood? Great
Emotional state? Good
yukina101

The United Kingdom

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces