Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply The United Kingdom
The British Museum ~ London Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:22 am
User ImageXXXXXXXXXUser Image

I'll move myself and my family aside
If we happen to be left half alive
I'll get all my papers and smile at the sky
Though I know that the hypnotized never lie
Do ya?

Timothy was just about to call this piece a lost cause having only seen two closely related paintings rather than the reported three when someone shouted "Boo!" behind him making him jump and look around wildly for the source. When he saw that it was just Mira he blinked and blushed within seconds of one another. Usually his friend was more composed than this but he quite liked that she was comfortable enough with him to let herself have fun. Goodness knows she couldn't do this with Benjamin around! He snickered when she asked about his best friend. "I hang out with him nearly every day nine months out of the year and then I spend my summer months basically living at the bookstore his family owns. I think I've earned a little downtime away from him. Just don't tell him I said that, who knows how dramatic he might become." he signed with a wry grin. When she asked about his trip to the museum he merely shrugged as his smile turned more bashful in nature. "I like art and I like to learn. What better place is there than the museum?" he asked rhetorically.

murruelecreuset

Smile and grin at the change all around [wearing]
Pick up my guitar and play [British Museum]
Just like yesterday [No one]
Then I'll get on my knees and pray [Unwinding]
We don't get fooled again [ooc]
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:53 pm
User Image
User Image

User Image Location: British Museum

Mira smiled at Timothy’s surprised expression. Sure she wasn’t acting like her usual self but truthfully never acted the way she did when she was at school. It was almost like she put on an act being prim and proper just to fit in with the snakes she was housed with. Luckily seeing how catty the rest of the girls were in her house Mira had decided to change her tone on being stuck up and bitchy. “Your secret is safe with me.” She assured him. Oddly enough this was probably the first time she was doing something for the betterment of someone else.

Listening to Timothy, Mira noticed certain things like his blush and when he was being bashful. She found it interesting to see she had that kind of effect on him. Not that she was going for anything close to that. Then again as it turns out he had a habit of doing the same thing to her. She didn’t know why she always had a hard time being composed when around Timothy but perhaps it was for the same reason he had.
“Kind of surprising that we both had the same idea.” She said with a smile. “I couldn’t agree more, if you want to learn about art you go to a museum.” She added with a nod.

User Image

With: Timothy

Wearing: Green with a touch of Blue

OOC: ---

Spice the Rat

Anger and resentment,
A dark path you tread,
I would be careful, young one,
But, I know where you belong...
Slytherin!

Yukina101

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:25 pm

Do ya?

Timothy chuckled as Mira told him she'd keep his secret from Benjamin which he knew she would since she was just getting used to the other's presence. His grin brightened as she agreed with him on his opinion about studying art happy that she wasn't laughing at him and Ravenclawness. He saw something glint in her hair from the lights above and when he looked closer at it he saw that they were a pair of the hair clips he had gotten her for Yule. For some strange reason this made him very happy but for once in his life, he didn't try to over think it and instead turned his attention back to his friend. "Since we're both here to enjoy the art, do you want to tour the museum together?" he asked her with his smile still in place.

murruelecreuset

Just like yesterday [Mira]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:25 pm
User Image
User Image

Although Mira would probably deny it, she was glad to see she knew how to make someone happy. A part of her wondered if Timothy noticed she wasn’t bring up the house he most represented at that very moment. It was something she would usually do, or at least she did when she called Benjamin out for being too much like a Gryffindor. When Timothy asked her if she wanted to tour the museum together, Mira instantly blushed. “I’d like that…” she said glancing away momentarily. ‘Stop being stupid would you.’ She mentally told herself feeling she could have answered him without sounding like an idiot. “So, what were you trying to figure out over here anyways?” Mira asked regaining the little composer she lost.

User Image

Spice the Rat

Anger and resentment,
A dark path you tread,
Slytherin!

Yukina101

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:12 pm

Do ya?

Timothy blinked at the blush that suddenly appeared on Mira's face and wondered what it was he said, or maybe didn't say or do, or didn't do that made her look that way. Girls certainly were confusing. And then when she glanced away for a few seconds he was sure he had just botched up something and was about to apologize when she came back and asked about what he had been staring at earlier. Still confused but happier that she didn't seem as odd he led her over to the painting and pointed to the tag next it stating that there were three pictures hidden within. "I'm starting to think that maybe they miscounted or I'm missing something because I could only find two." he told her with a slight frown.

murruelecreuset

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:41 am
User Image
User Image

Secretly glad that Timothy hadn’t questioned her on whatever her problem was, Mira pushed her stupidity aside. Honestly, she was worrying too much for something that hardly meant anything. At least that’s what she thought anyways. Turning her attention to what Timothy had been looking at earlier she wondered what three pictures were in the one. Looking to her friend, Mira shook her head. “I’m sure they didn’t miscount…” she said as she stared at the painting. 'Okay... there's one.... I think there's two... but where's three.' she thought as she turned her head to the side. After a while, Mira looked back at Timothy. “Okay, you’re right they miscounted cause I can't find all three either.” She agreed not being able to figure it out either.

User Image

Spice the Rat

Anger and resentment,
A dark path you tread,
Slytherin!

Yukina101

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:34 pm

Do ya?

Timothy gave his friend a dubious look as she told him that they hadn't miscounted until she said the same thing in which he gave the "I told you so" look. He looked at the information for the painting once more while also looking at the actual art piece. After a few minutes he turned back to Mira with a light shrug. "Maybe they're counting the whole art piece as the third one?" he signed. More than ready to move on he took out the small pamphlet they had given out in front of the museum to see what exhibits were open for viewing that day and grinned brightly at one. "They have a butterfly garden open to walk through today. Wanna go?" he asked the girl with a grin.

murruelecreuset

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:31 am
User Image
User Image

“Don’t give me that look.” Mira said looking over at him. When Timothy mentioned that they might be counting the whole art piece as number three she looked back to the painting. “Maybe you’re right.” She said before giving up. Honestly it was more of a headache to figure this art piece out. Noticing the pamphlet in his hand Mira was curious about what was in it. She’d been holding her pamphlet since she got there but hadn’t bothered opening it since she figured she’d just wander around aimlessly. At the mention of butterflies however that quickly changed. “You bet. Who doesn’t love butterflies?” she asked him with a bright smile. If the bracelet on her wrist wasn’t indication enough on how much she loved butterflies, Timothy really needed to see her wardrobe.

User Image

Spice the Rat

Anger and resentment,
A dark path you tread,
Slytherin!

Yukina101

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:50 pm

Do ya?

Timothy tried, and failed, not to grin at Mira's scolding but he at least had the courtesy to look away. When she agreed to go to the butterfly garden his grin widened and without even thinking he grabbed her hand and began following the signs towards the gardens. It took a little longer than he thought to get there but when they finally arrived the beautiful sight of the garden and all the hundreds of flying butterflies more than made up for it. He didn't remember that he was holding Mira's hand until he was going to sign how amazing everything looked and saw that only one of his hands were free. The Ravenclaw immediately blushed brightly and slowly released her hand so she didn't think he thought anything bad. After a few seconds of silence a royal purple butterfly came fluttering over and landed directly on the tip of his nose causing him to go cross-eyed to look at it. With a small chuckle he raised a finger to it and waited for it to climb aboard then very slowly brought it over to Mira's blonde hair. Timothy watched with a grin as the butterfly practically jumped from his finger into her hair and fluttered its wings seemingly happy with its new environment. "It looks good in your hair."

murruelecreuset

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:45 am
User Image
User Image

Why was it that Mira didn’t feel like she was very intimidating? Oh yeah, people never seemed to be bothered with what she said these days. Not like they used to when she first started at Hogwarts. When Timothy took her hand she hardly had time to register it before being led off to the butterfly garden. It felt kind of strange, like last year when she was at the Yule Ball with him. She wasn’t sure why she felt this way but for whatever reason Mira had to say she liked the feeling.

Arriving at the butterfly garden, Mira looked around at all the butterflies.
“It’s so beautiful here.” She said not even thinking about mentioning to Timothy that he was still holding her hand. Of course it didn’t take him long to realize that himself and as such he let go. Smiling the Slytherin was momentarily distracted by the butterfly that landed on Timothy’s nose. Instantly she started to giggle at how funny it looked.

When Timothy put the butterfly in her hair she smiled and instantly blushed when he commented on the butterfly looking good there.
“You think so?” Mira said with a sheepish smile. The compliment was nice coming from him and it meant something in her mind at least.

User Image

Spice the Rat

Anger and resentment,
A dark path you tread,
Slytherin!

Yukina101

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:27 pm

Do ya?

Timothy readily agreed with Mira's words with a nod and another look around the gardens because they really were beautiful. He didn't comment on her blush figuring she was embarrassed by it like he had been by his but was mainly curious by how his chest felt seeing her smile like that while the purple butterfly was still fluttering in her hair. At her question he pinked hopeful that he hadn't been caught staring and just nodded. Not exactly sure what next to do he began looking around for maybe a tour guide before he spotted trail markers by some bushes and walked over to it to read. Apparently they could follow the markers and view the different flowers and the individual butterflies that flocked to them. That seemed about right. But then he saw that there were two opposite trails that they could start with, one towards African Violets and another towards fields of Chrysanthemums. "Which way do you want to go?" he asked her.

murruelecreuset

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:18 pm
User Image
User Image

Mira’s smile remained when Timothy gave a nod to her question. She hadn’t really noticed he had been staring at her to his luck. After all she was too busy wondering what has thoughts were, or better yet what her own thoughts were. Walking along looking around the garden it wasn’t long before the purple butterfly flew off on its way. That left her with a new decision… two ways but which one to choose? “How about Chrysanthemums?” Mira asked with a smile wondering what his thoughts were.

Taking a few steps down the path they chose something hit her.
“Oh! I never did ask you, taking any interesting electives next year?” she asked curiously. They were pretty much alone to begin with. Besides, she honestly just wanted to know if she’d be alone or have someone to sit with for her classes. The Slytherin figured she’d be on her own for the majority of her classes anyway.

User Image

Spice the Rat

Anger and resentment,
A dark path you tread,
Slytherin!

Yukina101

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:14 pm

Do ya?

Timothy was sad to see the purple butterfly leave its place in Mira's hair but grinned when she decided to go on the trail of Chrysanthemums. Following after her he wondered if he should take her hand again, this time on purpose, and if it would be too forward to do so. He was contemplating to just ask her when she asked him a question about his electives. He tried not to blush and was very thankful that she couldn't read his mind because he wasn't sure how well she would take his thoughts. Despite Benjamin's assurances, he really wasn't sure if he liked Mira in that way. Sure he thought she was smart, nice, she looked really pretty at the Ball, not that she never looked pretty before, or even not now since she did look very nice today. Grah, puberty was hard! It took him a few seconds to realize that he still had a question to answer and pinked before giving her a sheepish grin for his absentmindedness.
                                            "Yes! I'm taking ancient studies, arithmancy, cursebreaking, study of ancient runes, wandless magic, and world studies."
                                            Timothy said mentally ticking them off to make sure he didn't forget a class.

murruelecreuset

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:00 pm
User Image
User Image

Mira listened to Timothy rhyme off his electives as she thought about her odd behavior. She remembered Leonette questioning her on her sudden likeness for blue when all she ever wore was green. Perhaps she was broadening her color palette or maybe she did have a certain fondness for the Ravenclaw she now considered a friend. However rare their conversations were the topic of Timothy did come up. Of course Mira told her sister he was merrily an acquaintance. After all the Slytherin hadn’t planned on making friends, at least she didn’t think she’d have any. Though, when her sister pressured her, she evidently spilled. No surprise really, Mira had always been stubborn but she snapped rather easily.

Coming out of her thoughts Mira smiled.
“Looks like we’ll be taking two extra classes together.” she couldn’t help but be happy about that. Granted, she was taking a lot more than two but on a high note she managed to get out of taking muggle art. Maybe Grace would take it and make their father super happy or something. “I’m taking quite a few myself hopefully some easier than others.” Who was she trying to kid she was taking seven extra classes that wasn’t going to make any of her classes easy.

Mira let a light sigh out when she realized how much work she was in for.
“I shouldn’t have any problems I don’t think. Although I suppose if I get stuck in a class or two I could always contact my cousin. Not that I want to stoop that low.” She told him before mentally beating herself in the head. ‘Stop being like that. You might be in Slytherin but you don’t have to act like you are.’ Honestly Mira needed to learn to stop putting up the wall that said she didn’t care about anyone. Though that to her is easier said than done.

User Image

Spice the Rat

Anger and resentment,
A dark path you tread,
Slytherin!

Yukina101

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:46 pm

Do ya?

Timothy grinned brightly when Mira told him they would be sharing two classes while wondering what it was that had her so deep in thought. He was used to her being quiet and he couldn't exactly complain considering his own physical oddity, plus having Benjamin as a best friend made silence literally golden. "What electives are you taking so I know to save you a seat in class." he signed. He came to a stop right in front of a rather sizable cloud of mulitcolored butterflies and saw the reason off to the side. Apparently they could get a handful of butterfly food and either throw them or just have them land in their hand. He thought it was rather interesting so he got a small amount and waited nervously until one little silvery thing fluttered over and began to eat out his hand making him laugh from the tickling sensation. Apparently that little guy was the welcome committee since nearly a dozen then came over startling him and covering his entire hand and arm. He looked over at Mira with wide eyes and wanted to flail in anxiety at what he should do. He didn't want to shake them off because they were butterflies for goodness sake! But he didn't want them tagging along forever! Thankfully they began to dissipate one by one allowing him to heave a sigh of relief before turning back to Mira who was admitting that she might have difficulty with all her extra classes. Timothy bit his lip in thought wondering if it what he was thinking could be misconstrued in some way but figured that if it helped her that she wouldn't get too mad. "Well, my older sister took a bunch of electives, like nearly all of them, I could ask her to help you out or get her notes if that would help?" he signed cautiously.

murruelecreuset

The United Kingdom

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash