Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Event Archive
Get Your Hooves Wet (CG) Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vampire Toy

Fashionable Pumpkin

9,375 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:01 am
Get Your Hooves Wet

A centaur rides out to the small group of centaurs. He is older, and is known to be quite revered among the centaurs. They stand at a clearing, where a river runs in front of them. The elder centaur stands before you, the river at his back. To their left, there are stands for any wizard who wishes to witness these games. It is the first year that they have opened the Games up for the viewing of the wizardkin, due to the recent events following The Family. And many have shown up to see these mysterious Games.

The elder does not take long to square his shoulders and announce with a loud voice, "Welcome to the Centaur Games," the centaurs all witnessing cry out with a loud roar, and the wizards follow suit. When the sound dies down, the centaur goes on to speak, "Your first Game involves a test of your stamina, and even some of your strength. It is a simple task, but, for some of you, it will be no easy one. It is..." he waved a hand behind him at the calm, serene river that flowed behind him, "to go upstream and reach the flag that is waiting there,"

There was confusion in the air as everyone looked at the trickling river. There was nothing spectacular about it, and many of the wizards found their eyebrows raising. Even the centaurs looked uneasy. This was no difficult task...

"Oh, I forgot to mention," as he spoke, the earth began to rumble beneath their feet and hooves. Like the roar of a lion, suddenly the river was overcome with a flood of water, rushing down and breaking everything in its wake, "you must do it during the flooding season," the centaur bowed his head and stepped aside, expecting each of the centaurs to line up at the edge of the river. At his signal, they would plunge into the water and fight their way upstream.

How To Play

This game focuses on your: Stamina, and then your secondary skill of: Strength

The river runs at increments of 5, 10, 15, 20, and 25. These are checkpoints that each participant has to pass in order to get to the next one.

Roll a one 20-sided die in your post. Then, post what your character is doing and submit the post. Whatever number is rolled should also have your stamina skill points added on. For example, if I post Ammar and I roll a 3, then I add his stamina (4 points) to that 3, making my total 7. I pass the first checkpoint. Then, I would roll again, attempting to pass the 10. Then the 15, and so on.

Participants can choose to pull skill points from secondary skill (strength) to add to die roll, but can only use the amount they have allotted themselves. Once you are out, you cannot use it again. Going back to my first example, if I roll a 3, then add my 4 stamina points, and I'm trying to get past the second checkpoint of 10, I will not be able to, because I have only rolled a total of 7. But, what I can do is take points from my secondary skill for this challenge, which is strength (I have personally allotted 5 points to Ammar's strength), and add it to my score. So, I take 3 points from my strength and add it to my 7 points, and I have made it past the second checkpoint. If I need to draw more from my strength points after that, I have to understand that I have only 2 points left, because I have already used up 3.

In short, primary skill will add to your dice roll, but secondary has to be up to you. Secondary skills do not replenish during the same game, so use them wisely!

To pass a checkpoint, you must roll a total of that checkpoint or more. You may not 'skip' checkpoints, even if you roll a lot of extra points. You must tackle each checkpoint one at a time.

If you roll a 1 (before adding skill points), your character will go back to the previous checkpoint. If they are at the very beginning when they roll this 1, they are 'washed away' down stream and are disqualified. (This does not go into effect until your character has at least made it past the first checkpoint of 5)

Each participant who makes it to the end will get one point.

Vampire Toy

Fashionable Pumpkin

9,375 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500

Vampire Toy

Fashionable Pumpkin

9,375 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
Current Players

+ Ammar
                  + Imara
                  + Llamrei
                  + Sagittarius
                  + Vita

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:02 am
Begin!

Vampire Toy

Fashionable Pumpkin

9,375 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
Vampire Toy rolled 1 20-sided dice: 14 Total: 14 (1-20)

Vampire Toy

Fashionable Pumpkin

9,375 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:49 pm
User Image

Once an heir, now a leader. I only hope I can do as well as my father wanted...

Ammar, after a long time of worrying about all that had happened, finally felt as though everything had 'evened out'. The Family had taken many of his kind away, but these Games would show the wizardkin that they were a force to be reckoned with. The sheer power of a centaur was nothing to scoff at, and Ammar flexed his muscles as he approached the edge of the river.

What was once at peace, now raged like a furious storm before him. He felt the drops of the water splashing onto his bare chest and face. He winced as they neared his eyes, but, otherwise, he waited obediently for the sign to begin. He glanced at Imara who stood beside him. They had not really spoken much since the... incident. Mostly because Ammar had busied himself with burying his kin in the earth and had not felt that it was right of him to approach Imara after all that had happened. It weighed heavily on his soul, and he found it difficult to even say,
"Good luck," he felt as though his tongue had turned to lead, and he wanted her to know that he cared, but was terrified of losing her. Terrified of her seeing him weak again. So much had happened and changed the leader, that he was not sure who he was anymore.

At this point, however, he knew he had to bring pride to his herd. And he tensed his muscles, throwing himself into the water when the elder screamed the words, "Begin!" The liquid was freezing, and Ammar only hoped that he was able to fight this force. It was angry, but Ammar was fiercer.

User Image
User Image

BeaterBeast525 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:11 pm
User Image
User Image

⇉⇉⇉⇉⇉⇉⇉⇉⇉⇉⇉⇉⇉⇉⇉⇉⇉⇉⇉⇉⇉⇉⇉⇉⇉

The summer seemed to fly by. After everything had settled down in the forest, normalcy returned. Mostly. There were many fallen warriors that had to be buried properly, and then the shock of the whole incident had to be dealt with. Ammar took care of the first task, leaving her to the second. It was in these times that she found out exactly what kind of kindred spirit burned inside of her. But that was all in the past now. Today was a new day, with a new task at hand. Beside her was Ammar, who seemed to push her farther and farther away with each passing day. They hadn't spoken to each other hardly at all after their return, and it bothered her. She would stand guard at night, stealing occasional glances at the leader of the herd, but not daring to approach him. He seemed... lost, in a way. Lost in his thoughts. Lost in his words. Lost in himself. He told her good luck in an almost forced way. Like it had been difficult to even speak to her. "Oh, uhh, yes. I wish you luck as well." Well, that sounded intelligent. Imara sighed, and stared at the river at their feet. It was violent today, hence the challenge presented to them. At the call to begin, she jumped into the water, her whole body already shivering at it's low temperature. Facing upstream, she pushed at the raging current, hoping to get through it's forceful waves.

Imara's Stats:
Strength: 2/5
Speed: 4/5
Stamina: 4/5
Accuracy: 3/5
Courage: 2/5

⇉⇉⇉⇉⇉⇉⇉⇉⇉⇉⇉⇉⇉⇉⇉⇉⇉⇉⇉⇉⇉⇉⇉⇉⇉

User Image

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50
Vampire Toy rolled 1 20-sided dice: 18 Total: 18 (1-20)

Vampire Toy

Fashionable Pumpkin

9,375 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:29 pm
User Image

Ammar would have sighed if he didn't get a face full of water first. He had managed to get a good stride in and hadn't slipped yet, which was relieving. Already he was past the first checkpoint, but he could not rest yet. He needed to get past the rest.

[X] [X] [X] [X] [X] Strength
[X] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] Speed
[X] [X] [X] [X] [ ] Stamina
[X] [X] [ ] [ ] [ ] Accuracy
[X] [X] [X] [ ] [ ] Courage

User Image
User Image

Vampire Toy rolled 1 20-sided dice: 20 Total: 20 (1-20)
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:30 pm
User Image

Another checkpoint left behind in Ammar's long strides. Was there no stopping him? He laughed out as he galloped over the wet, slippery rocks. To him, this was child's play!

User Image
User Image

Vampire Toy

Fashionable Pumpkin

9,375 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
Vampire Toy rolled 1 20-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-20)

Vampire Toy

Fashionable Pumpkin

9,375 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:33 pm
((Damn, perfect 20 O_O ))

User Image

He had already made it past the third checkpoint with ease, but up here... the rocks were more jagged and harder to get a grip on. His muscles tensed and his teeth were clenched. The water pushed against him, denying him to go forward, but he still pushed through. He just needed two more checkpoints, and he would make it to the flag and be done with it.

User Image
User Image

Vampire Toy rolled 1 20-sided dice: 18 Total: 18 (1-20)
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:35 pm
User Image

Still attempting to get past the second to last checkpoint, Ammar found that the current was a lot stronger up here than he had thought, slowing him down immensely. He struggled against the water. He just needed to push past through this to the next checkpoint.

User Image
User Image

Vampire Toy

Fashionable Pumpkin

9,375 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
Vampire Toy rolled 1 20-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-20)

Vampire Toy

Fashionable Pumpkin

9,375 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:37 pm
User Image

Trying again had been successful: he breezed past the second to last checkpoint, eyes catching glimpses of the flag. It flapped in the wind and urged him forward. He needed to push through to this last bit of the river and he would get a point.

User Image
User Image

Vampire Toy rolled 1 20-sided dice: 16 Total: 16 (1-20)
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:41 pm
User Image

This last checkpoint seemed to be harder than the last, but Ammar was not willing to give up. Not while he was so close! His hooves tried to find stones to push off of, tried to cut his way through these raging waters. His eyes were on the prize.

User Image
User Image

Vampire Toy

Fashionable Pumpkin

9,375 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500

Vampire Toy

Fashionable Pumpkin

9,375 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:45 pm
((Had a problem rolling the dice in my posts x( but Ammar made it to the end! Woo!))

User Image

Ammar tagged the flag and galloped to the river's edge. He stepped from the water, dripping heavily from the deluge. He shook himself off as centaurs that were not participating in the games pat him on the back. The leader looked to watch Imara and the others, hoping that they could get past a challenge this simple.

User Image
User Image

Utsuha Moon

The Forgotten Weasley

kurotsukineko

heather030595

Event Archive