Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Word Games
Need help choosing a Prom dress.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cognitohazard

Mind-boggling Abomination

19,575 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:03 am

S, I've been having a bit of trouble picking out that perfect dress. I don't really want an "average" prom dress, so I was thinking maybe a Lolita dress instead?

I've been poking around the internet, and here's what I found.

This beautiful zebra-print one is probably the only one that would be considered a "normal" prom dress.

I'm not so sure about the stuff near the collar on this one. I like the skirt, though.

I like the way this one falls, however I'm not too keen on the rose on the collar. It also comes in red.

I really like the fact that this one is strapless. Plus, it comes in different colors! Blue. Red. Green.

This one's nice, but I'm not so sure about the matte black.

I like the way this one opens in the front to show the underskirt. However, I don't really like the poofy sleeves. It also comes in blue, black, and purple.

I really, really like the corset stuff on the front of this one. It also comes in blue and black.

I like the shape of this one, but the frills around the neckline sort of get to me.

Of course, you could always suggest one. I'd prefer one with straps for sleeves at the very least, or a couple inches at most. I also like very rich colors, so no pastels. As for patterns, I'd prefer none, but if you find one that's not too busy I might like it. If it's black, though, I'd like something to spice it up. Finally, I'd prefer a floor-length gown.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:50 am
Aww good luck finding one. My advice is, if you can, to go to the shop & try it on before you buy - when I attended my school balls (they're not proms in the UK smile ) I went round so many shops it was crazy.

But, re: trying them on, even the most lovely dresses can look so-so when they're on the hanger. So it's best to try them because there might be a spectacular one you didn't rate while it was just hanging up.  

Elysia Windbourne

Cleric

Cognitohazard

Mind-boggling Abomination

19,575 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:26 pm
cleddyfa
Aww good luck finding one. My advice is, if you can, to go to the shop & try it on before you buy - when I attended my school balls (they're not proms in the UK smile ) I went round so many shops it was crazy.

But, re: trying them on, even the most lovely dresses can look so-so when they're on the hanger. So it's best to try them because there might be a spectacular one you didn't rate while it was just hanging up.

Thank you. I have a feeling we'll be doing that before mom even looks at one of these dresses.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:49 pm
When I live there's nothing like schollball, so honestly I don't have the experience to help. But as a girl I can tell you that even if I really love this one probably it isn't fit for that kind of event. This is pretty and I like how satin will give a lot og light even when the colour are pretty dark.  

Athaxya

Tragic l2abbit

Savage Sweetheart

13,900 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:24 pm
My favorites are the Victorian Classic Lolita Red Satin Long Prom Dress Wedding Dress, Classic Lolita Rococo Renaissance Aristocrat Purple Long Dress and I really like the zebra dress too.

I don't think the sleeves on the victorian classic are too poofy because they're cap sleeves, and the back with the corset is just beautiful. However, I think the Rococo dress has more of a prom feel to it, and I like how it has that bustle effect where you can wear it down or gather it up for the ruched look.  
☆ Word Games

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games