Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Muggle World (Chatterbox)
My Grown Ups Need Social Lives! Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:40 pm
So, I have two families and one single white witch who I want to begin roleplaying as because I feel awful for totally ignoring them all school year long, but roleplaying the families interacting with one another is BORING and Fiona McKinney only gets customers when it's time for students to get robes, so I'm very neglectful of them. I want to remedy that! So, I would like to know if, perchance, anyone would like to befriend any of them, or start plotting with them, or anything of that nature!

Family 1: The Blythes
Jonathan is a wizard and works in the Extraordinary Society of Potioneers. He's got a muggle wife, Natasha, who stays home all day tending their garden and their newborn baby Sebastian. But, should someone pop into Jonathan's office, for help with something, or anything like that, it would be quite lovely. Or, perhaps they could be shopping at Diagon Alley and run into someone? They're quite lovely people.

Family 2: The Edgeworths
Wesley Jackson Edgeworth is a pureblood from a very strict purist line. He works on the Hogwarts Board of Governor's and is not overly fond of muggles, muggleborns or halfbloods, but isn't completely insane and will treat anyone with the respect they are due. He might have his nose in the air but he's not COMPLETELY horrible. His wife Dahlia, on the other hand, is horrible. She's got a Death Eater level hatred of anyone with less than pureblood and can barely remain civil when in public. She thinks her son is a weakling and an idiot because first year he almost died saving the life of a halfblood classmate, and is growing to resent her husband for praising Damien for it. I would like for her to meet some other muggle-hater and the two of them get together and talk until Dahlia insanely decides her husband is practically a Weasley and leaves him in a huff.

Single White Witch: Fiona McKinney
Fiona is LONELY. That's about it. She owns Madame Malkin's and she has no employees and no friends. She needs both.

Anyone have any thoughts?  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:46 pm
Oh I have a few scary Slythes that hate muggles!

And some muggles too...hmm... slightly conflicted there...

I also have two just normal wizarding families. I am willing to do anything!  

Maiya Kajuji

Beloved Bloodsucker

10,625 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Team Jacob 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:48 pm
Links? We can plot!  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:50 pm
Well....I have Nicole Cherrie, she's a single mom of two who works over at Whizz Hard Books as a secretary and is also part of the Extraordinary Society of Potioneers who's only friends consist of her two kids. Maybe she and Fiona could strike up a friendship one day walking in Diagon Alley?  

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:56 pm
Fiona and Nicole would be interesting, Fiona's family has a similar story to what happened with Nicole's husband, her father started drinking after she got her Hogwarts letter because he didn't think it was possible for two muggles to have a witch daughter and decided her mom must have cheated on him. He got abusive and her mom left him when Fiona was 14.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:06 pm
Aww, poor Fiona. At least she had her mom, Nicole didn't have anyone, her husband had completely cut her off from the outside world. Now that she's back in it she's trying to get used to it while her kids are thriving.
Random thought: if they work out to be friends the kids would start calling her Aunt Fi-fi XDD  

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:17 pm
Fiona could be the person to help Nicole! Since she has been there, she will know how to get Nicole past it! Also she kind of feels guilty for her parent's issues since it all stemmed from her Hogwarts letter, and she never really got past that, so they could help each other.

Where should they meet? Nicole could come in for some new robes, or maybe Fiona needs something to read since she's ever so lonely.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:37 pm
Hmmm both? Both kids are going to need robes lengthened because they're getting ever so tall and then Fiona could run into her again at the bookstore?  

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:13 am
A) My best friend's name is Nicole and she's got a dog named Fiona so I find that funny.

B) -insert evil laughter here-

C) Iona Machlahlan (link to come) is likely to be joining the Hogwarts Governors. She's the mother of Jamesina and Akira.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:07 am
Ooo! Ooo!! I want Mr. Montague and Mr. Edgeworth to be chums! C:

Mrs. Montague is much kinder than Dahlia when it comes to children, her own, especially. I think it'd be funny if they got in a fight. Lolo,

On the other hand, my Remington Nott is very purebloodist and needs another lady friend. wink He's definitely an interesting character! Very ominous, devious, and powerful, with his hands in everyone's pockets and everyone's secrets stored in his mind.  

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Maiya Kajuji

Beloved Bloodsucker

10,625 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:47 pm
I've got a few...

Doyle Family

Bennett Family (There a few people playing different charries not just me.

Scott Family

Lincoln Family

so i can't find my slythes. i think they may have been deleted... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:16 pm
I've got some adults who need social lives as well.

Hawthorne Family
Here, there's the 22 year old male (Joey), he's a half blood wizard who works for the Werewolf Support System, and he's single.
Mel is the 43 year old muggle mom.
Tom is 44 years old, wizard, works in Wizengamot Administration Services.

Davis Family
Kaitlyn is single, 21 years old, works at Madam Puddifoot's Tea Shop in Hogsmeade, and a full blood. I really want her to get a boyfriend though lol... her character will date anyone between 19-30 while shes 21 years old. She does prefer older guys, but younger works too.

Rowley Family
Serena is 31 and a single mom, but she's a muggle, so having her involved with anything might be kind of tough unless they do things in muggle areas.

If anyone of you have an idea or just want to rp with one of my characters, I'm down!  

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:10 pm
Yuki: I'll have her stop in for some reading material ^_^ They can strike up a conversation.

Violet: I really want the people playing the Govs to start actually playing them, so if you want we can have them actually having meetings and the like. I know one of Devil's characters is also a Gov. And I recall it saying that the Govs are the ones who take the muggleborns to Diagon Alley their first summer so if we could find a way to actually DO that it would be awesome.

Essy: Mr. Montague and Mr. Edgeworth can totally become friends. Also, if Remington is all zealot-y, maybe he and Dahlia can start spending time together. Maybe she'll start to get all romantic-y feeling towards him since he's all powerful and such and her husband is such a failure. They could meet by chance at some spot in Knockturn Alley and start up a conversation on how horrible muggles are XP

Maiya: If you wanted any of them to run into Jon while he's out shopping for supplies or something, they could meet up and be friends ^_^

kiska: Not sure what we could do there. The Hawthornes are out of the age range, none of my adults are single males (although I suppose I could MAKE one if you'd be interested)... Serena could be friends with either Fiona or Natasha, though. Nat's a muggle as well, and Fiona is a muggleborn. Both need social lives, and both could have reasons to be in the muggle areas and happen to meet her.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:38 pm
I only have one family, but they are also in need of social lives. Madlyse is great with potions but has applied for a position as an Auror, and Jacquelina is a master gardner smile Might be good for the Blythes, I think.

Linksies: The Tarot Family  

x-Phoenix Phyre-x

Obsessive Bibliophile

9,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200

Ura the rainbow King

Tipsy Trafficker

11,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:44 pm
I have a very dark family and one single male. The family is very into Pure-Blood and believes all others are less then dirt. The single male works in a dark profession, but is very lonely. His twin having died.  
Muggle World (Chatterbox)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff