Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Praise God ~ praise reports
Sometimes, he works in subtle ways...but other times-

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Frostridge

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:06 pm
He does something that even if you prayed it, you cant help but be floored by.

Ive been struggling financially (P.S, prayers for that) and have been doing my best to chip in with my parents. I had already been blessed by getting a job via a friend of mine. But I needed a car of my own, in order to go out and do anything. Ive been sharing with my mom, but our schedules conflict.

On top of this, Ive felt this real pull to get involved with my church's middle school group. (Which is amazing for me since Im extremely social-shy and akward.) And one by one, my excuses began falling away. (IE, getting a job, getting time, etc.)

After one particularly rough day where I had been late for work and unable to help a friend get ready for her move because I had no way to get there, I lay in my bed and grumbled a bit in my head (like a whiny kid, really) "Hey Dad, I appreciate everything you've been doing for me, and I can feel you directing me where I need to go, but how am I supposed to get there?" After some thought, I decided that I would just have to save up any scrap of change left of my income after bills and such had taken it. But He had other ideas.

Thevery. Next. Morning. my mom comes in and asks "Hey do you want a car of your own?"

I honestly thought for a second she was joking, or that she had magically become a mind reader AND was joking, but I played along and asked "How much?"

"Two dollars."

She went on to explain that my cousin had decided to go back to Korea, and being unable to find someone to buy her car in such short notice, she had suddenly thought of me and decided to give it to me as a gift. (We of course couldnt just accept it since she too is struggling, so we offered to send her what we could on a loose payment plan.)

I am now the proud owner of a little tan Saturn S-series, with nothing wrong with it, and gets fantastic mileage. Its perfect for exactly what I need to do, nothing more or less.

Call it coincidence, but Ive had too many so called "coincidences" happening to me recently that open all the right doors for me to do what God seems to be wanting me to do. In good times and bad He works in amazing ways.

Sometimes in bad times I feel like you can look at it two ways; take the experience and become bitter about it, or take it and turn it into wisdom, into strength. I feel like when you know God, this process becomes much more bearable, and in turn, you will grow into the person you need to be.

Anyway, just wanted to share my little tale. I still can almost not believe it (and maybe thats why I keep feeling the need to share it), but hey, theres a car sitting in my driveway, and keys jingling in my hoodie pocket.

Praise him from who all blessings flow. May he guide and protect you.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:44 pm
Thanks for sharing!!!  

Servant Reforged

Devout Worshipper

12,450 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Partygoer 500
Praise God ~ praise reports

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash