Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply The Graveyard (Trash)
The Walsh Family Cottage Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:42 pm
User ImagexSeymour Benjamin Ryansxxxxx
xxxx<7th Year>
My watch broke last week <2032-2033>
And I don't need directions to know I'm < at the Walsh Cottage >
And an FYI, looking this Awesome is an art!
------------------------------------------------------------------------xx
                                            "Right you are," Benjamin replied to Morven's comment. It was true his parents were both happily married and happily tormenting him. Sometimes he was curious how such different types of people came together and yet they worked. Benjamin was envious of his parents in a way because despite their differences their love and support for each other was obvious. They were a unified front and it was something he wanted too someday. Hopefully if Morven and he stayed together if they had kids (like 10 to 15 years from now) they could be the same way.

Benjamin narrowed his eyes at Morven as she confirmed his suspicion that his mother merely humored his claims of shagging Morven. Rolling his eyes, Benjamin said, "I'm pretty sure I could tell the difference between you and some doppelganger even. She couldn't stand a chance in comparison to you." He wrinkled his nose as he studied Morven who was sitting in her smug glory as she tormented him. How could such a beautiful girl be so tempting and so vexing at the same time? Suddenly Morven muttered something that made Benjamin's face turn bright red and a large grin formed on his face, though it faded to some disappointment as he whined, "Pragmatic is boring..."

------------------------------------------------------------------------

{OoC: }
                                            The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:15 pm
It's just another night and I'm staring at the moon.
I saw a shooting star and thought of you.
I sang a lullaby by the waterside and knew,
If you were here, I'd sing to you.
You're on the other side as the skyline splits in two...
I can see the stars from here, but I wonder, do you see them too?

User Image
G A R R E T T
L U C A N
W A L S H

MuggleDoctorFatherMarried to a Witch

Gare was never quite sure where he stood with his niece. By all rights he should have; he'd raised Vio as his own kid since she was four, for chrissake. He and Cora were legally her parents, and they'd acted as her parents for the past dozen years. They'd been the ones to console her after nightmares, to check for monsters under beds and in closets, to buy her clothes and toys and books and to encourage her. Like it or not, her biological parents hadn't really gotten the chance to actually parent, and what little parenting they had accomplished was probably for the best; Gare hadn't known Julius or Bellamy Lillantine very well, but from what he'd seen of them individually and together, he doubted they would have raised a healthy, stable individual. Be a bit hard to when Dad was beating the s**t out of Mum, anyways.

But that was in the past, and Gare was a strong proponent of letting the past sleep. As far as he was concerned, Vio was more Walsh than Lillantine, regardless of surnames, and she was his kid. Not two dead people's, not Callius or Desdemona's, his and Cora's, because they loved her, and she loved them. At least... he hoped she did. Vio was hard to read. He'd never had an easy time with her, not like- not like he'd had with Thea. Gare had always tried not to compare his children, but it was hard to argue with the fact that Thea, for all the nine too short years she'd lived, had been very much Daddy's little tomboy, and Vio had always been distant. Not that she was so very close with Cora, but given the choice he doubted she'd ever choose him.

Of course, more than once she'd slipped up (or found it easier) to refer to or call them her parents, but sometimes Gare looked at her and wondered if anything he'd ever said, any lesson he'd ever tried to impart, had really gotten though to her or if it was all just a facade. It was hard to tell with Vio. She had the skill of being able to sit across from you but seem a thousand miles away. He thought it might be easier when she was an adult; seventeen was always a difficult year. Tonight they ate dinner (leftovers) in a silence that was neither uncomfortable nor comfortable; it was simply silence. The documentary on the television was more enthralling than either of their meals, and with Cora at work Gare had felt it safe to risk eating on the precious couch.

Were they bonding? He wasn't sure. Did grimacing at the same parts count as father-daughter bonding?

There was a series of short, terse knocks on the front door. Gare and Vio exchanged an annoyed look. He rolled his eyes and stood up, bending down to put his bowl on the coffee table. "Pause it, will ya?"

The teenager complied as he headed for the front door, craning her neck back in an attempt to see who it was. Garrett swung it open and found himself face to face with Callius Lillantine. This was not how he'd wanted to end the evening. "Bloody 'ell," he said in disgust. He'd only gotten off work two hours ago, he was not dealing with this s**t off-duty. "Can I 'elp ye?" he asked shortly. "There's this thin' called a custody agreement, yer supposed ter follow it-."

The blond man strode past him into the house as if the muggle man were merely an annoying fly. Gare, who was nowhere near fly-sized, caught him by the shoulder. "I don't recall sayin' ye 'ad any righ' ter barge into this house-."

He was met with a wand in his face. This wasn't the first time Gare had been met with a wand in his face, being married to a witch, so he snorted,and without even blinking one of his hands shot out to grab the other man's forearm and very effectively wrench it to the side. The wand clattered to the floor, and he kicked it away. Vio, by this point, had scrambled over the back of the couch, her own wand out.

"Good evening, Uncle Callius," she said coldly.

The pureblood man extended his hand and his wand sprang back into it, but, reconsidering his earlier approach, he put it away, staring at the young woman, who finally did likewise.

"I didn't come here to duel you, Violante," he sneered.

"Thank God," Gare said irritably. "I migh' 'av ter actually hurt ye then. Ye can sit the ******** down, or ye can get out, yer choice."

Callius sat.

OOC:
Username

I know these scars will bleed, but both of our hearts believe-
That all of these stars will guide us home.
I can hear your heart on the radio beat.
They're playing "Chasing Cars" and I thought of us...
Back to the time you were lying next to me;
I looked across and fell in love, so I took your hand,
And knew everything led back to you.

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:59 pm
You have forsaken all the love you've taken...
Sleepin' on a razor, there's nowhere left to fall.
Your body's aching, every bone is breakin';
Nothin' seems to shake it; it just keeps holdin' on.
Your soul is able; death is all you cradle...
Sleepin' on the nails, there's nowhere left to fall.

User Image
ᴄ ᴀ ʟ ʟ ɪ ᴜ s
ᴇ ᴅ ᴍ ᴜ ɴ ᴅ
ʟ ɪ ʟ ʟ ᴀ ɴ ᴛ ɪ ɴ ᴇ

ғᴏʀᴍᴇʀ sʟʏᴛʜᴇʀɪɴᴘᴜʀᴇʙʟᴏᴏᴅɪᴍᴘʀᴏᴘᴇʀ ᴜsᴇ ᴏғ ᴍᴀɢɪᴄ ᴏғғɪᴄᴇ

Callius sat on the edge of one of the armchairs in the very, very muggle living room. He hadn't set foot in this house for years, and it hadn't changed much at all, he noted distantly. At least there were no longer toys scattered across the floor. Cora Walsh seemed nowhere to be seen, not that it was much of a surprise, given the fact that the woman had devoted her entire life to spending more time outside of the home than in it. It was almost a pity, really. Aside from their tendency towards Hufflepuff, the Dariens had been a semi-respectable pureblood line, before their last generation brought them so low. That was what came of a lack of sons. Two little whores had buried the family name beneath them. At least Bellamy had had her uses. Cora had always been a been a venomous b***h, especially for a Gryffindor.

Now he looked at the muggle and his niece, and resisted the urge to curl his lip. Violante, for all of the flaws of her parents, had good breeding. She could have been an asset to the family, had she not been raised among this filth. He'd long since accepted the girl as a lost cause; she was dating some mudblood, and another woman at that, and had made it very clear that the only reason she stayed in contact with her father's family was for Antigone's sake. He'd tried to have Desdemona encourage the two to spend time together as little girls, in hopes that it might make Violante slightly more malleable, but it hadn't done much. If anything, she had been the one to corrupt his daughter, putting thoughts in her head that shouldn't have been there, making her question things, stray from her place. This was as much her fault as it was his wife's.

Women, Callius had learned at a young age, were like a slow buildup of mercury. A little might not hurt to begin with, but over time they'd prove toxic. His mother had been a half-mad wraith for the majority of his childhood, cowering from his father, her favored son, darling Julie, always in her arms. He'd hated his father, but at least the man had had reasons for his actions. Desdemona was a battle he should never have had to fight. She'd grown more willful with age, and when allowed to roam unfettered she proved time and time again that her concern lay only with herself, not with the family name. This smarted especially. He couldn't say he'd ever loved her; Callius had never experienced genuine love in his life, and the reality of it would have terrified him had he'd ever known what he'd missed, but he'd felt something other than alternative want and disgust for the woman at some point.

He saw Bellamy in the porcelain of Violante's face, staring back at him defiantly. The way things always managed to come full circle never ceased to surprise him, but that didn't really matter at the moment. She knew where his daughter was, and had he had his way she would have told him already, one way or another. But Cora's muggle husband was here, and though had it come down to a fight Callius knew he could disable the man in an instant, he didn't need himself on a Ministry wanted list either. He just wanted Antigone back. Was that really so much to ask? He reluctantly addressed the hardfaced muggle first. "My daughter's gone missing, and I was wondering if Violante might know anything about it."

The blonde girl looked vaguely amused at the 'gone missing', but said nothing, her lips in a thin, mocking line.

"How terrible. Ye look so concerned for 'er safety," the muggle said sarcastically. "Feel free ter check our cupboards before ye go."

Callius's right eye twitched just slightly. It would be so easy to just take out his wand and-

"Anti is legally an adult now," Violante cut in coldly. "I'm sure she's not roaming the streets like a stray animal."

"My question was if you knew where she was," he replied through gritted teeth. He could see it in her eyes. Julius's eyes.

OOC:
Username

You have admired, every man desires-
Everyone is king when there's no one left to pawn!
There is no peace here; war is never cheap, dear...
Love will never meet here; it just gets sold for parts.
You cannot fight it, all the world denies it;
Open up your eyelids and let your demons run.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:14 pm
Now the pale morning sings of forgotten things...
She plays a tune for those who wish to overlook-
The fact that they've been blindly deceived;
By those who preach and pray and teach!
But she falls short and the night explodes in laughter;
But don't you come here and say I didn't warn you...
About the way your world can alter.

User Image
V I O L A N T E
F A Y E
L I L L A N T I N E

Slytherin PurebloodSeventh Year PrefectAdopted

Vio leaned back slightly from her position on the sofa, meeting her uncle's iron gaze with one of her own. Did he honestly think he intimidated her? The ship had long since left the harbor on that one. He couldn't physically do anything to her with Garrett sitting right beside her, and as far as she knew, the man wasn't a legilimens. If he was, she doubted Anti would have been able to slip away in the first place. "I have no idea where Antigone is," she said calmly. It was barely even a lie; she suspected her cousin was somewhere in Wales, as Ceri was Welsh, but she didn't know where. She had gotten one brief letter so far, and it hadn't named any landmarks or towns or villages, probably in case it somehow ended up in the wrong hands. The Ravenclaw was safe and presumably happier and healthier than she had ever been in her life, and that was all that mattered.

"She didn't mention anything to you over the course of the school year?" Callius asked coolly.

"We didn't have time to discuss our summer plans, no." Vio said sweetly.

The older man stiffened, and she could practically feel the loathing seeping off him. "Did she express any... negative feelings about her future?"

"You mean her forced marriage?"

His pale eyes narrowed until they were nearly slits.

Gare gave a disbelieving bark of amusement beside her.

"Ye really are a gem, aren'tcha?"

"Antigone willingly agreed to her own engagement," Callius replied as calmly as he seemed capable of. "She seemed very content with what the future held for her. This sort of behavior is wildly out of character-,"

"Out of what character?" Vio interrupted, her typically neutral tone rising just slightly in pitch. "The character you and your wife designed for her? The behavior you tried to train her into since day one, like a little windup toy? You wouldn't know her character- how could you? It would have required you to actually be a decent parent for once in your life," she sneered.

He looked close to rising out of his seat, nostrils flaring. "I know my daughter; I understand that you've been raised without certain expectations, but that doesn't mean that it's anything like her to suddenly disappear off the face of the earth-,"

"Really? What is it like her to do, then? Let you smack her around like a rag doll if she disobeys, let Desdemona manipulate her like a puppet- you've raised two little monsters, is it really such a loss to not have one more?"

Callius stared at her as if she had suddenly begun to speak in a completely different language. "You have no idea what you're talking about, you arrogant, presumptive little girl. Your aunt and I have only ever tried to steer all of our children in the right direction. I'm sorry you were raised to be able to say and do whatever you like without consequences, but you should be old enough to understand that not all families are alike," he said very slowly, as if he were questioning her hearing.

Vio had actually, shockingly, enough flushed bright red. She couldn't remember the last time she'd felt this angry. It wasn't so much his behavior, but his refusal to even admit that he'd been an awful father. To the last, her uncle was concerned with her polished image above everything else. Garrett was silent, disgust written all over his face for the man before them.

She stood up, suddenly, and Callius looked almost challenging, as if daring her to try something. "You're right," she said sharply. "You are absolutely right, Uncle. Not all families are alike. The one you've built is sick and twisted and it's collapsing in on itself like a rotting house and there is absolutely nothing you can do to stop it. You can make Evander and Wendy have all the heirs you want to further the line, and you can pretend Cyrus is normal and sane until he's painting the <********> walls in blood, but you can't stop it. I suppose that scares you. Good luck finding Anti. Now please leave."

He stood up as well, towering over her despite her height, but Vio simply looked at up at him. "Leave," she repeated, crisply.

"Ye 'eard 'er," Gare drawled, getting up almost lazily and making his way towards the door to hold it open. "An' I wouldn't bother comin' round again- who knows? Me wife might be 'ome, an' we all know tha' wouldn't end so well for ye."

Callius Lillantine left, and it wasn't until they both heard the faint crack of him apparating away that uncle and niece exchanged a look.

"We'll leave ou' the '********' bi' o' yer little speech when we tell yer mum," Gare said casually.

OOC:
Username

And oh, how you try to command it all still...
Every single time it all shifts one way or the other.
And I'm a goddamn coward, but then again, so are you.
And the lion's roar, the lion's roar-
Has me evading and hollering for you.
And I never really knew what to do;
For now I can only guess what's coming next.

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:02 am
And what if I'm a snowstorm burning?
What if I'm a world unturning?
What if I'm an ocean, far too shallow, much too deep?
What if I'm the kindest demon,
Something you may not believe in?
What if I'm a siren singing gentlemen to sleep?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
V I O L A N T E
F A Y E
L I L L A N T I N E

Former SlytherinNewly GraduatedAdopted

Vio knew that staying up specifically to wait for her aunt to arrive home, just as her uncle was leaving for his night shift, was probably not the best of ideas. Cora wasn't guaranteed to be in a great mood after working at St. Mungo's all day. But she needed to catch her aunt at a time when her uncle was not around to eavesdrop, or worse, interject his own opinions. So she hovered in the kitchen, trying to look casual. This was difficult for Vio, so she settled for reheating leftovers while continually glancing back in the direction of the front door. Finally it swung open, as Garrett came jogging down the stairs. She listened to her uncle and aunt flirt for a few moments (by now she had completely lost her appetite), kiss one another goodbye, and heard the sound of her uncle leaving.

Cora came into the kitchen with a triumphant look about her, and why wouldn't she? She was pushing fifty but could have passed for being in her early thirties, and while Vio was not a relationships expert, she suspected her aunt and uncle's marriage was just as ahem... passionate as it'd always been. Ugh. Being the only child- well, adult, now- in the house was a burden she'd just have to endure for another few weeks before she left for her final school year. "Are you making dinner?" the woman asked with a slight yawn, sitting down at the kitchen table.

"It's just leftovers," Vio shrugged, studying Cora's, as always, neutral expression. For someone who'd been in Gryffindor for seven years the woman showed very little emotion.

"Better than anything I could cook. You know your dad's the chef in the house." The blonde woman paused a little after this statement, as she always did when she realized she'd inadvertently referred to her or her husband as her niece's mother or father.

In terms of maturity, Vio had long since ceased to be annoyed at titles being confused and swapped on a regular basis. She passed for Cora's biological daughter, and it was often easier to just let people assume. But now this seemed like the perfect opportunity to turn the conversation onto the path she'd been thinking about all week. She'd decided not to mention Eleazar's... episode. It would just upset Cora, and she doubted her brother-cousin wanted his mother knowing every detail of his undead life to begin with. She steeled herself. If she hesitated or stumbled over her words her aunt would use it as an excuse to delay the conversation even longer, because she 'clearly wasn't ready for it'. Vio loved Cora like a mother, or as she imagined most daughters loved their mothers, but that didn't mean she didn't hate her sometimes. She could be cold, patronizing, and condescending if she thought it was for the best.

"I wanted to talk to you about my parents," she said firmly. "What they- what they were like. What happened to them." 'Parents' had been the wrong term to use, she thought, after the look on Cora's face. But what else was she supposed to say? Birth giver and DNA-donor?

"What brought this on?" her aunt finally asked slowly.

"I'm seventeen. I'm an adult. I think I'm old enough to handle the truth." it came out more harshly than she'd intended.

Cora sighed, and studied the tabletop for a moment. "It's never been about you not being able to handle the truth. I didn't want to influence you to think a certain way about them-,"

"Because refusing to discuss them and looking like you want to curse someone every time you hear his name hasn't influenced me at all," Vio snapped, unable to help herself.

"When you came to us you were four years old," Cora shot back. "You adored them. You talked about them constantly. I did the best I could."

"And now I'm asking you to tell me the whole story. Not the filtered, fairy tale, 'there was an accident' version. Wizards don't have accidents."

"I was trying to protect you."

"From what?" Vio laughed in disbelief. "From what? I'd love to know. I really would."

"From things that I thought would hurt you," said Cora, visibly making an effort to keep her tone in check. "I didn't want to push you away-,"

"Oh, please-,"

"I lost your mother the same way you lost Thea," the woman finally hissed. "And I wasn't going to let it happen again. Not again. I lost my sister. I lost two children. I only got to bury the one. The other is going to watch them bury me, and your uncle, and the rest of this family. And the thought of that makes me sick to my stomach, because he's my son, and he will always be so young, and I would never wish that on any child." Her voice threatened to crack for a moment, before it steadied.

"We're not talking about Lea. We're talking about my parents." Vio finally managed to say.

"What do you want me to say, Violante? They weren't good people? I'm so thankful they didn't raise you? Because that's a awful thing to have say about your own sister. But it's true."

"Then just tell me the truth!"

Cora stood up. She was a tall woman, but Vio was still taller. She seemed about to go on a furious rant, but she stared at her niece for a moment, then sat again. "Your mother was four years younger than me. We were very close, as children. Our parents were older when they had us. They did their best. She was not an easy child to raise. I think she respected me more than she did them. When she got to Hogwarts she was the first person in generations of our family to be sorted into Slytherin. I wasn't surprised. She was a clever, cunning girl. She liked to play games with people. She was used to getting what she wanted. She could have been anything she wanted to be. They were shocked. I think they saw it as proof that they'd failed to raise her right. I tried so hard to make her feel accepted. She didn't enjoy being the black sheep of the family. She wanted to feel like she belonged. She found that in Slytherin. And she also found your father and his brother."

"Her being a Slytherin is not-,"

"I didn't say it was some tragic character flaw," Cora said coldly. "But it opened her up to all types of people she might not have encountered in another house. I loved her. But she was not someone who benefited from exposure to people like the Lillantines. They justified her feelings. Your father told her she was special. That she didn't really belong with her family. With her parents. With me. Vio, don't give me that look. He was very charming. Very charismatic. He was friendly. But he said awful things. He did awful things. And he enjoyed it."

"What kind of awful things? Cyrus-level, or-,"

"I'm not sure that your cousin can help the things that he does. Your father was perfectly sane. But he had a cruel streak. And your mother mimicked that as best she could, because she loved him."

"You don't think he loved her." Vio phrased it as a flat accusation.

"I think he thought he loved her. I doubt he ever had any examples to look to. I think that to him loving someone meant that you and them were essentially extensions of the same person. I don't think his version of love allowed for disagreements or opinions or challenges. I think he wanted something perfect, and I don't think she enjoyed perfection."

"So what? He hit her? Is that what you're getting at?"

Cora closed her eyes for a moment and then opened them, exhaling. "Yes. I know he hit her. I think sometimes she hit him back. I think they both ran in the same circle for so long that they didn't know what else to do. I hated him. I still hate him. When she was with him, she was not my sister. She was someone else. And I hated that someone else. They didn't act or talk like the Bellamy I knew. And by the time she decided she didn't want to be that person anymore, it was too late."

"He killed her."

"I don't know, Vio. What I think and what may have really happened-,"

"But you think he did."

"Yes," said Cora. "I think that's exactly what he did, when she tried to leave. And then he killed himself, because as much as he enjoyed hurting her, I don't think he could have ever lived without her, because he saw her as part of himself. And then I think your now-deceased uncle covered it up."

Vio stood there, leaning against the counter for almost a full minute of silence, before walking out of the room.

"Vio-,"

"I'm going for a walk," she said blankly, headed for the door. "I'll be back later."

OOC:
Username

I know you've got it figured out-
Tell me what I am all about!
And I just might learn a thing or two...
Hundred about you, maybe about you.
I'm the end of your telescope;
I don't change just to suit your vision.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:14 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxSaturday, December 13, 2042xxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxWedding Partyxxx
Joel Powell
Antigone Lillantine

xxxGuest Listxxx
The Bishop Family
The Walsh Family
The Nalson-Lillantine Family
The Powell Family
Eirawen Baines
Lola Ye
Jesse Calvert

All guests are permitted a +1

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:17 pm
They say there’s good grief
But how can you tell it from the bad?
Maybe it’s only in the fact
Good grief’s the one that’s in your past

User Image
V I O L A N T E
F A Y E
B I S H O P

Former SlytherinImproper Use of Magic OfficePureblood

Vio sat at the head table, practically brimming with pride, which was evident to anyone who knew her. She'd had a similar look on her face when she'd received her Hogwarts acceptance letter, when she'd been named a prefect, and when she'd graduated. Granted, getting married was much different from any of those things, but that didn't mean it wasn't an accomplishment. Someone as efficient and methodical as Vio viewed marriage as not just a celebration of a long-lasting and loving relationship but as the culmination of years of hard work and commitment. Not that she viewed being with Ivy as 'work', per se, but all solid relationships required upkeep and communication. And she and Ivy had been together for years now. They wouldn't have made it down the altar if they hadn't been equally invested in one another.

So while she was of course thrilled to be married, and even more thrilled that everything had gone more or less to plan, since she'd taken her wedding planning very (maybe a little too) seriously, there was also a slightly... self satisfied aura around her. Vio was too confident to be bashful about it, so instead she more or less sat preening like a reigning queen, gazing out at her fairly raucous subjects. Her family, after all, was far from elegant and refined. But that was alright, because neither was Ivy, and Vio loved her for who she was, not as some reflection of herself. After all, a good deal of their chemistry was in the fact that they were very different people with different interests. "Tally and Tara are already stuffing their faces with s'mores," she noted to Ivy, her hand finding her wive's- she was particularly happy about that, since 'wife' felt so much more substantive than... girlfriend.

OOC:
((outfit linked in picture))
Cara MiaKitty

I got snow in my pockets
Went down again head first
Laced drill bits to my pointe shoes
Pirouette through the hardwood to pay-dirt

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:55 pm
User Image

═════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          тιgєяℓιℓℓу ιѕ уσυя мαι∂єи иαмє
                                                          αи∂ уσυ ѕєєм ѕσ уσυиg αи∂ уєт ѕσ ωιѕє
                                                          уσυя нєαят fιℓℓє∂ ωιтн ѕσ мυ¢н тяαgє∂у
                                                          тнσυgн ι'∂ σиℓу ѕєє ιт ιи уσυя єуєѕ

spaceAll in all, Ivy would say that the wedding went pretty smoothly. Of course, she hadn't done much in the way of planning for it, except offering opinions when asked, but she didn't figure that surprised anyone. She didn't really care what they ate or what color the flowers were or whatever, all she cared about was Vio. Still, she didn't want to be a total deadbeat, so she had helped out where she could. Which might not've been much, she knew, but hey, at least she'd tried, right? And things had gone just fine, no catastrophes or explosions or anything, so she was going to call it a win.

spaceShe wove her fingers through Vio's, bringing her new wife's hand to her lips to press a kiss to the back of it, snickering slightly as she glanced towards the twins.
                                                          "Toby and Ronna'll have fun with that when they all get home," she mused, instinctively searching the crowd for her own tiny terror (not that Roland was all that tiny these days). She found him easily enough, sitting at a nearby table with his two older brothers, and her mother. Ivy had, of course, extended the invitation to attend to her whole family, but her father and stepmother had opted not to attend. Probably because she'd been very clear about where they were holding it, and what the people who owned the home were like. Magic, in other words. Mariah tried, of course, but magic still very clearly unnerved her. To say nothing of how her father still felt about it.

spaceShe frowned lightly, because most of the children in attendance were, well, being children, running and playing and having fun. But Roland was sitting with Antoine and Jamar, not engaging with those who were closer to his own age. It wasn't like him to be so still, which worried her. He probably felt very out of place.
                                                          "Don't suppose we could bribe them with more sugar to hang out with my brother, do you?" she asked, nodding her head in the boy's direction. "Might be good for him. We haven't... I haven't really taken him around many kids his own age. I should've done that, I guess." While she was still not his legal guardian, Ivy had more or less taken over the child-rearing with regards to her younger sibling, if only to spare him the trauma of... well, their father. Who was a d**k. Still, she'd been an only child, more or less, and didn't really know what to do with the kid half the time. She wouldn't have known what to do without his brothers.

space"Maybe I should've invited more single... people? for the guys. Then they would've left him to his own devices instead of hovering." She had no idea what her stepbrother's respective orientations were. She wasn't personally close to Lola, and had no idea if the girl was with anybody (hell, she could've brought a date for all Ivy knew), and Eira... well Eira was Eira. Honestly Ivy had no clue if she'd be interested, it was hard to tell with her. But both the guys were a fair bit younger than them, so it was still unlikely. She had no clue who among Vio's clan was and was not single unless she saw them with a ring on their finger or someone on their arm. Unfortunately, Ivy also didn't tend to know a lot of people in general, so there was that.

ωσυℓ∂ уσυ вє؟ ¢συℓ∂ уσυ вє؟
                                                          נєѕυѕ ¢няιѕт, ρℓєαѕє, уσυ киσω ωнαт ιт ιѕ
                                                          ωнαт уσυ мєαи тσ мє тαкє му нαи∂
                                                          ρℓєαѕє ѕнσω мє ωнαт ιт ιѕ, ωнαт ι мєαи тσ вє

wнere - Wedding Reception
                                                          wнen - December 13, 2042
                                                          wιтн - Vio
                                                          - ooc -
                                                          blah blah blah

The Forgotten Weasley

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
The Graveyard (Trash)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9