Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
So "biggest scandal/Threat" of USA??

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Crisis for US?
  Hm, i will not believe it til it happens
  Sounds reasonable, it could happen
  Not listening, i will forever walk the road of denial
View Results

Angelic_Highlights
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:35 pm
Basically there has been numerous ADS scattered everywhere over the net which all state a HUGE "scandal" or "crisis" for President Obama and the US as we know it. Apparently the "reporter" had predicted the crisis in 2008 with the banks and so what... and now is saying something much darker is approaching.

In short he has said that the USA is so hugely in debt that the way they have been keeping afloat was by controlling the interest on there debt to literally nothing and then just printing more money to cover there debts.

Sounds great huh printing enough money to deal with the debting issues but then he continues on to say that the US dollar is starting to lose its value worldwide and i personally have seen this already so i guess that side of things is inevitable. But he stated that if the US dollar does decrease in value then the people they owe money to could all together refuse to accept the dollar or take it at a much discounted cost IE racking up more money.

What do you all think? Are you worried or is this just another bit of tosh.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:46 pm
Well, i'm Egyptian, and the same thing is happening right now in Egypt after the revolution. The Egyptian pound is losing its value on daily basis. The thing is that i personally blame it all on the people with power. Like business men and government officials. In general those people control where the money comes and goes, and how the political scene affects the countries economy.
*eats a doughnut* 3nodding  

Exxoner

Angelic_Highlights
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:48 pm
Yea, that is the same here in the UK were apparently in a recession but still the politicians are still living it up and not worrying.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:53 pm
Angelic_Highlights
Yea, that is the same here in the UK were apparently in a recession but still the politicians are still living it up and not worrying.

Yeah, i heard about that, had a friend living in South Hampton, she told me there was a huge number of unemployment in the country. You people are having it hard sweatdrop  

Exxoner

AnarchyPI-CCCXIV

Wilderness Streaker

11,850 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:05 pm
im not too worried about the debt for one reason we have been in debt for so long that the only people who see our debt as debt is us. china and all the other places that loan us money(and may i add still give us money when we ask for it) know that they will not see it ever paid off and dont have much of a problem with it but to keep the working class americans on their toes the government chooses to tell us that it is a huge problem just to get more money out of us and so we have something to blame other than them when prices for food, gas, etc. are raised.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:15 pm
Anarchy-the basis of PI
im not too worried about the debt for one reason we have been in debt for so long that the only people who see our debt as debt is us. china and all the other places that loan us money(and may i add still give us money when we ask for it) know that they will not see it ever paid off and dont have much of a problem with it but to keep the working class americans on their toes the government chooses to tell us that it is a huge problem just to get more money out of us and so we have something to blame other than them when prices for food, gas, etc. are raised.

So, simply you are blaming the "Debt" created by the government instead of blaming the "Government" that caused the debt? How i understood it sweatdrop

why would the strongest country in the world be in Debt anyways? neutral  

Exxoner

AnarchyPI-CCCXIV

Wilderness Streaker

11,850 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:30 pm
Exxoner
Anarchy-the basis of PI

So, simply you are blaming the "Debt" created by the government instead of blaming the "Government" that caused the debt? How i understood it sweatdrop

no what i am saying is the government is lying to us. yes we are in debt and it is the governments fault we are in debt but no other country cares if they get the money that was loaned to us back lol.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:35 pm
Anarchy-the basis of PI
Exxoner
Anarchy-the basis of PI

no what i am saying is the government is lying to us. yes we are in debt and it is the governments fault we are in debt but no other country cares if they get the money that was loaned to us back lol.

I dono about other countries not caring if the debt was paid back or not, but i agree with the fact that "The Governments Lie". All of them. rolleyes  

Exxoner

AnarchyPI-CCCXIV

Wilderness Streaker

11,850 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:54 pm
Exxoner
Anarchy-the basis of PI
Exxoner
Anarchy-the basis of PI

I dono about other countries not caring if the debt was paid back or not, but i agree with the fact that "The Governments Lie". All of them. rolleyes

well seeing that the United States owes itself most of the money it has borrowed its not much to worry about for the people in the US lol and seeing that china is who we owe the 2nd highest amount of money doesnt make me worry at all because they make more than the 1.26 trillion we owe them in a few years from selling the american people china made products also seeing that the 3rd place we owe the most to is japan again does not worry me because japan makes billions a year off of the products sent to the US. wink  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:11 am
Exxoner
Angelic_Highlights

Yeah, i heard about that, had a friend living in South Hampton, she told me there was a huge number of unemployment in the country. You people are having it hard sweatdrop

It is a struggle but i would not say it is hard to be honest, end of the day with hard work the normal person can come through anything. But there now spending millions on thatchers funeral... recession? sure when it suits them lol

@ Anarchy-the basis of PI - True the economy is controlled by the government but someday there will come a point where the loaners won't do no more. I think they have been loaning knowing that the US have in there power the right to print more money so they see it as no issues with repayments but now with the dollar beginning to mean less and less this is surely bound to cause issues in the long run.

@ Exxoner - Basically when the crisis in 2008 hit the debt which the companies owed was transfered to the treasury [this is how i saw it, i may be wrong]. Plus there fighting needless wars and spending millions on trying to control a country which does not respect the control and then retaliate.

lol  

Angelic_Highlights
Vice Captain

Officer Hot-Pants

Dedicated Lunatic

9,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:32 pm
It's a sad inevitability that the people in charge will almost never be suited to the position, as any halfway sane and intelligent being would avoid the job like it were the 10 plagues of Egypt in gun form. Thus the "we're out of money? well just print more" response and it's like. That would work if the currency was printed on coins of actual precious metal, but we abandoned that system (perhaps foolishly) centuries ago.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:45 pm
Officer Hot-Pants
It's a sad inevitability that the people in charge will almost never be suited to the position, as any halfway sane and intelligent being would avoid the job like it were the 10 plagues of Egypt in gun form. Thus the "we're out of money? well just print more" response and it's like. That would work if the currency was printed on coins of actual precious metal, but we abandoned that system (perhaps foolishly) centuries ago.

im with the goblin king over here xd  

AnarchyPI-CCCXIV

Wilderness Streaker

11,850 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Sincerely Ophelia

Devoted Sage

8,150 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:32 am
Officer Hot-Pants

You are so right about the "sane people avoid this job" thing. The problem is that the most proactive people are the ones with an agenda. Normal folk are just like "things ain't so bad" and go about their daily business.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:42 am
If we did consider the United States' financial standing a crisis, which I personally do, it's totally the government's fault for mismanaging funds. This nation is so bleeping wealthy. We shouldn't have any debt at all. But no, stupid congressman with an agenda make it impossible to allocate funds properly. The DOD receives way more than its fair share. So does Medicare in my opinion. And where do spending cuts get taken from? Education, Healthcare, and other things that provide services to the citizens. After Obama leaves office, this country is going down the toilet. The most rationale, intelligent, politician I've ever seen. What's hilarious is how politicians wisen up in their late years decades after they leave office. It's true what they say. Vision in 20/20 in retrospect. Anyway, I'm gonna stop pretending like I know what I'm talking about. I barely understood the initial post, lol.

The crisis at the forefront of the world right now is the war in Syria. God watch over my people.  

Sincerely Ophelia

Devoted Sage

8,150 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Timid 100
General Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items