Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Seventh Year Classes
Art V~ Open- Sketching Review Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:52 pm
User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

!

Hello there! Firstly, I congratulate you for making it to your seventh year of NEWT level Art and I promise that in my quest of review for the big test that nothing become dull and boring. Art V is basically a review of Arts I, II, III, and IV with my own little side projects thrown in. By the end of the year not only with you be fully capable of taking your NEWT's but also well on your way to being a well-rounded artists. About me? My name is Naitanna Ellis, or Professor Ellis to you, Mastery of Art, and a squib. More than likely by now you've heard all about squibs, and have formed your own opinion on the matter, although I hope those opinions are positive. Anyhoo, enough about me! Let's move on to the important information.

Rules:
1) No speaking while I am speaking
2) Respect your fellow student
3) No sabotage of other's art
4) No derogatory remarks about another's art
5) Any racism regarding Muggleborns, Purebloods, Halfbloods, Squibs, Magical Creatures, or anyone else will be subject to removal from the classroom and from the class as well as serious point deductions.
6) Don't worry if you don't have all your supplies, some will be provided for you during class.
7) Art is about free expression! Try to remember that and have fun!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:57 pm
Lesson Knowledge:

Review of basic lines and structure (Draw something personal to you)
Review of painting and enhancements (Create a portrait of someone close to you)
Review of sculpture and techniques (Create a life-like sculpture of something you'll miss of Hogwarts)
Free Day!

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:48 pm
A sincere artist is not one who makes a
faithful attempt to put on to canvas
what is in front of him, but one who tries to create something
which is,in itself, a living thing.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image

Tanna was so excited, she was teaching an exit level Art class for the first time! She was dealing with older and more experienced students and she would treat them as such. For this year there would be no real lesson plans, just lessons that help review for their NEWT's, she thought they'd appreciate that at least. As it were she only had a handful in this class so instead of desks there were soft poufs to sit upon with lap pads in case they wanted to sketch during the hour along with buckets of clay with pottery wheels and other mediums set up around the room. Class time was going to be used to practice or perfect their favorite or at least the ones they weren't too comfortable with. "Hello and welcome to Art V. I'm so proud of you guys for sticking with this for so long and I'm happy to report that you're nearly at the end of a long and colorful tunnel. Since you're seventh years and on the fast track to your NEWT's at the end of this school term I thought you would appreciate having a few hours each week to perfect your skills for the test. So for today I'd like you to review your sketching. Lines, shading, structure, everything! And for added instruction, I'd like for you to go out and draw something personal to you. It could be a place, an object, a person, anything! So have fun and lets get sketching!" Tanna clapped happily and laughed.

[Wearing: Back in the Classroom] [With: Students] [Where: Art Classroom] [Feeling: Excited] [Thinking: -]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:18 pm

User Image
User Image

Tanna was always excited to deal with her seventh years. She was dealing with older and more experienced students and she would treat them as such. For this year there would be no real lesson plans, just lessons that help review for their NEWT's, she thought they'd appreciate that at least. As it were she only had a handful in this class so instead of desks there were soft poufs to sit upon with lap pads in case they wanted to sketch during the hour along with buckets of clay with pottery wheels and other mediums set up around the room. Class time was going to be used to practice or perfect their favorite or at least the ones they weren't too comfortable with. "Hello and welcome to Art V. I'm so proud of you guys for sticking with this for so long and I'm happy to report that you're nearly at the end of a long and colorful tunnel. Since you're seventh years and on the fast track to your NEWT's at the end of this school term I thought you would appreciate having a few hours each week to perfect your skills for the test. So for today I'd like you to review your sketching. Lines, shading, structure, everything! And for added instruction, I'd like for you to go out and draw something personal to you. It could be a place, an object, a person, anything! So have fun and lets get sketching!" Tanna clapped happily and laughed.
[Wearing: Teaching] [With: Students] [Where: Art Classroom] [Feeling: Excited] [Thinking: More students!]

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 11:34 pm
~New School Year~

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 11:39 pm

User Image
User Image

Tanna was always excited to deal with her seventh years and this year was more bittersweet than the others. These seventh years have been with her since her first year teaching and she was going to be sad to see them go. But she was going to suck it up and not allow her feelings to get into the way of her teaching...for now. For this year there would be no real lesson plans, just lessons that help review for their NEWT's, she thought they'd appreciate that at least. As it were she only had a handful in this class so instead of desks there were soft poufs to sit upon with lap pads in case they wanted to sketch during the hour along with buckets of clay with pottery wheels and other mediums set up around the room. Class time was going to be used to practice or perfect their favorite or at least the ones they weren't too comfortable with. "Hello and welcome to Art V. I'm so proud of you guys for sticking with this for so long and I'm happy to report that you're nearly at the end of a long and colorful tunnel. Nearly all of you I've had since I started teaching here, which to you seems like a million years ago, and I want you to know h-how special you all are to me and know how much I'm going to miss you all once you've graduated." Tanna had to pause for a few seconds to dab her eyes with a handkerchief before she started back again with a ready grin.
"Since you're seventh years and on the fast track to your NEWT's at the end of this school term I thought you would appreciate having a few hours each week to perfect your skills for the test. So for today I'd like you to review your sketching. Lines, shading, structure, everything! And for added instruction, I'd like for you to go out and draw something personal to you. It could be a place, an object, a person, anything! So have fun and lets get sketching!" Tanna clapped happily and laughed.

[Wearing: Teaching] [With: Students] [Where: Art Classroom] [Feeling: Excited/Sad] [Thinking: They're leaving the nest]

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 12:42 pm
I'm not yours, and you're not mine...
But we can sit and pass the time.
No fighting wars, no ringing chimes...
We're just feeling fine.
This is where we're supposed to be.
Sitting by a broken tree.
No tragedy, no poetry...
Just staring at the sky...

I like it here beside you, dear: Calm
You're even more than you appear: I'll draw Scratch...
And in the clouds my head is clear: Seventh Years
Every time you say hello: Art

N E W L Y N | T A R A | V A S S
H U F F L E P U F F | B L O O D T R A I T O R | S E V E N T H Y E A R User Image

Newlyn was relieved to be back in art class. It always made her relaxed and calm. She was going to miss it after she had graduated. Their young professor was as enthusiastic as ever, though she looked about to cry at one point. Newlyn felt for the woman. It was hard not to get nostalgic when she walked familiar paths through the corridors, and saw younger students who reminded her or herself just a few years ago. Was she really seventeen going on eighteen? Sometimes it was hard to believe. Maybe she could visit when she was older; write permission to the headmistress or someone to ask if she could see Elsie and Miles' quidditch games. It was nice that they were on the same team. She could cheer them both on at once. She'd always liked sketching the most, and she knew what, or who, she was going to draw. Scratch, her mouse, was gone, and she missed him terribly. She wanted to draw him now, before he faded from her memory. Maybe it was silly to think so highly of a little mouse, but he'd been her only friend for a while. She started her sketch.

SO HERE'S MY HEART, AND HERE'S MY MOUTH.

I could wait a thousand hours!
Stay the same in sun and showers...
Pick apart a hundred flowers!
Just to be quiet.
Tell me when you feel ready.
I'm the one, there's not too many.
Hold my hand to keep me steady...
Just to be quiet with you.

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 4:45 pm

User Image
User Image

Tanna walked back into the art classroom and plopped onto one of the cushioned poufs on the floor while she waited for her class. When everyone was situated and comfortable she began.
"Hello hello! I hope you all had fun last week with your sketch review because you'll be doing it again this week only with painting. For today's work and this week's homework I want you to create a portrait of someone close to you and then enchant it. If you cannot recall the spell used to enchant paintings, its 'Verum hic pingit' and all the wand movement needed is soft swish and point. I look forward to seeing your hard work!" Tanna grinned and shooed them over to the painting supplies.

[Wearing: Teaching] [With: Class] [Where: Art Classroom] [Feeling: Excited] [Thinking: More students!]

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 8:54 pm
We're just feeling fine.
No tragedy, no poetry...

You're even more than you appear: I'll paint Morven...

H U F F L E P U F F | B L O O D T R A I T O R | S E V E N T H Y E A R User Image

Newlyn was happy for the chance to paint. It was always refreshing. Sketching got dull after a while, especially if she wasn't using any color. She got right down to work, going slow and steady, the image already there in her mind. She was going to paint Morven. She still felt like she'd let her down somehow, and that the girl had lost a great deal of innocence because Newlyn hadn't been able to protect her. She ended up painting a slightly younger portrait of her sister, when she had been, she hoped, significantly more carefree and happy. She put the enchantment on it when she was done, and watched her sister's portrait smile and wave.

User Image

Just to be quiet.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:07 pm

User Image
User Image

Tanna walked back into her classroom which was this time absent of the comfortable plush pillows and now had different sculpting tools set int he middle. She waited until everyone was situated inside before she grinned and started. "Welcome to another day! Last time we reviewed painting and painting enchantments so this week we'll be going over sculpting. By this time next week all you'll have to do is review for your NEWT's and then you'll be on your way to being fully fledged adult wizards. Isn't that exciting?! Anyway, for today's review you can use any of the mediums previously discussed in class, glass, wood, ice, food, metal, etc., and make a sculpture of something or someone you will miss at Hogwarts. You could sculpt the the Great Hall, or your bedroom in your dorm, the Quidditch pitch, anything at all. You may start and when you're finished you may leave but if you get stuck please see me. Have fun guys!" she laughed and went over to her desk where she had paperwork beginning to pile up and have babies.

[Wearing: Teaching] [With: Class] [Where: Art Classroom] [Feeling: Excited] [Thinking: More students!]

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:24 am
We're just feeling fine.
No tragedy, no poetry...

You're even more than you appear: Maybe I'll try ice...

Newlyn decided to try something different and use ice. She wasn't sure what to make form it, though. She supposed she could try to sculpt a rose. It should be simple enough, right? Staring at the block of ice in front of her, she picked up one of the tools, which looked almost like a medical scalpel, and turned it over in her hand, adjusting her grip on it. Then she started to carve.

Just to be quiet.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:57 pm
~~~New Year (2026-2027)~~~

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:59 pm

User Image
User Image

[Student List:
Bradley Goldwind]

Tanna was always excited to deal with her seventh years even if it was with bittersweet happiness. She was always sad to see them go. But she was going to suck it up and not allow her feelings to get into the way of her teaching...for now. For this year there would be no real lesson plans, just lessons that help review for their NEWT's, she thought they'd appreciate that at least. As it were she only had a handful in this class so instead of desks there were soft poufs to sit upon with lap pads in case they wanted to sketch during the hour along with buckets of clay with pottery wheels and other mediums set up around the room. Class time was going to be used to practice or perfect their favorite or at least the ones they weren't too comfortable with. "Hello and welcome to Art V. I'm so proud of you guys for sticking with this for so long and I'm happy to report that you're nearly at the end of a long and colorful tunnel. Nearly all of you I've had since I started teaching here, which to you seems like a million years ago, and I want you to know h-how special you all are to me and know how much I'm going to miss you all once you've graduated." Tanna had to pause for a few seconds to dab her eyes with a handkerchief before she started back again with a ready grin.
"Since you're seventh years and on the fast track to your NEWT's at the end of this school term I thought you would appreciate having a few hours each week to perfect your skills for the test. So for today I'd like you to review your sketching. Lines, shading, structure, everything! And for added instruction, I'd like for you to go out and draw something personal to you. It could be a place, an object, a person, anything! So have fun and lets get sketching!" Tanna clapped happily and laughed.
Sir Spazalots

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

[Wearing: Date Night] [With: Students] [Where: Art classroom] [Feeling: Excited] [Thinking: New Year, new hopes] [OOC: Those who's character is on the class list are quoted]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:39 pm

User Image
User Image

[Student List]
Gypsy Lovette

Tanna was always excited to deal with her seventh years and this year was more bittersweet than the others. These seventh years have been with her since the very beginning and she was always sad to see them go. But she was going to suck it up and not allow her feelings to get into the way of her teaching...for now. For this year there would be no real lesson plans, just lessons that help review for their NEWT's, she thought they'd appreciate that at least. As it were she only had a handful in this class so instead of desks there were soft poufs to sit upon with lap pads in case they wanted to sketch during the hour along with buckets of clay with pottery wheels and other mediums set up around the room. Class time was going to be used to practice or perfect their favorite or at least the ones they weren't too comfortable with. Her only real worry that she had was whether or not she would be able to get up from the poufs if she sat down in one."Hello and welcome to Art V. I'm so proud of you guys for sticking with this for so long and I'm happy to report that you're nearly at the end of a long and colorful tunnel. I want you to know h-how special you all are to me and know how much I'm going to miss you all once you've graduated." Tanna had to pause for a few seconds to dab her eyes with a handkerchief before she started back again with a ready grin.
"Sorry, pregnancy hormones. Since you're seventh years and on the fast track to your NEWT's at the end of this school term I thought you would appreciate having a few hours each week to perfect your skills for the test. So for today I'd like you to review your sketching. Lines, shading, structure, everything! And for added instruction, I'd like for you to go out and draw something personal to you. It could be a place, an object, a person, anything! So have fun and lets get sketching!" Tanna clapped happily and laughed.
Quote:

Cara MiaKitty

Quote:

Quote:

[Wearing Teaching] [With: Students] [Where: Art Classroom] [Feeling: Excited and slightly bloated] [Thinking: The beginning of the year is always my favorite] [OOC:Those who's character is on the class list are quoted]

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:31 pm

User Image
User Image

[Student List]
Gypsy Lovette

Tanna walked back into the art classroom and plopped onto one of the cushioned poufs on the floor while she waited for her class. When everyone was situated and comfortable she began.
"Hello hello! I hope you all had fun last week with your sketch review because you'll be doing it again this week only with painting. For today's work and this week's homework I want you to create a portrait of someone close to you and then enchant it. If you cannot recall the spell used to enchant paintings, its 'Verum hic pingit' and all the wand movement needed is soft swish and point. I look forward to seeing your hard work!" Tanna grinned and shooed them over to the painting supplies.
Quote:

Cara MiaKitty

Quote:

Quote:

[Wearing Teaching] [With: Students] [Where: Art Classroom] [Feeling: Excited and slightly bloated] [Thinking: The beginning of the year is always my favorite] [OOC:Those who's character is on the class list are quoted]

Seventh Year Classes

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff