Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Seventh Year Classes
Art V~ Open- Sketching Review Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:25 pm
User Image
Faina Patrovna
Slytherin PrefectSeventh YearSeventeen Years OldSingle
Dueling Club Captain

The first thing Faina did as she walked into Art Class was hand her homework assignment in, placing it on the professor's desk before finding a pouf to settle into for class. As the class started, Faina started thinking about her own big project.

When she'd finally decided upon what she wanted to do, she ended up needing to borrow a school owl to send a letter off to St. Petersburg to ask for some reference materials from Baba and Papa Patrovna. What she got back was a largish box containing copies of pictures she remembered seeing in the family album, along with a large batch of homemade cookies and sweets, which she shared with Katya and their friends. Once she had the reference pictures she'd requested, Faina started creating a scene depicting the day her great-grandparents were married, using the pictures and the stories Baba told her to do it. The final image would be about six feet wide and two or three high when framed up. 'Challenge offered, game on', was Faina's thought on the subject, and there was no point in trying if she couldn't put up a large enough creation.

With the impending holidays, there was no way she'd risk her hard work being damaged in transit, so she planned to ask for that extra time Professor Hawthorne was offering. Today's assignment took a bit of thought, the school was as much home for her as the house they lived in, and there was so much she'd miss. When she figured out what she wanted to do, she worked up a portrait of Professor Hawthorne.

OOC:
Username

Taken by Lucien Markov

User Image
                      "And you ask me what I want this year
                      And I try to make this kind and clear
                      Just a chance that maybe we'll find better days
                      Cuz I don't need boxes wrapped in strings
                      And desire and love and empty things
                      Just a chance that maybe we'll find better days"

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:50 pm
Three little birds sat on my window.
And they told me I don't need to worry.
Summer came like cinnamon
So sweet,
Little girls double-dutch on the concrete.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

¤ Artist ¤ Married ¤ Mother of Three

[Class List]
Arianell Blodwen
Nani Heulwen

Tanna was always excited to deal with her seventh years even though it was rather bittersweet knowing that this would be her last year with them. For this year there would be no real lesson plans, just lessons that help review for their NEWT's, she thought they'd appreciate that at least. As it were she only had a handful in this class so instead of desks there were soft poufs to sit upon with lap pads in case they wanted to sketch during the hour along with buckets of clay with pottery wheels and other mediums set up around the room. Class time was going to be used to practice or perfect their favorite or at least the ones they weren't too comfortable with. "Hello and welcome to Art V! You're all probably going to be very busy this year reviewing for all your other classes for your upcoming NEWT's and this one is no exception. Though there is going to be one notable difference this year: instead of having you all come and review, I've decided to also give you a year long project! Now don't get too afraid, the project isn't graded, think of it more as extra special extra credit kind of. Since last year you've been working on and perfecting a specific medium (or mediums for a few of you) so now it's time to bring all that talent to the table, so to speak. You'll still have to come to class and do reviews-that will be graded in case you thought there wouldn't be grades this year-but this is something for you to do on your off time. Especially since most of the reviews are going to be pathetically short so you'll have much more time to work on your masterpiece. Isn't that exciting?!" Tanna exclaimed clapping happily from her pouf. She'd come up with the idea years ago actually but just never got around to actually implementing it. Which in layman terms means going to the Headmaster and getting it approved (she wasn't afraid she was just highly cautious). She had completed artworks from many students dating back to her first few years hanging on the walls or standing tall upon their stands or pedestals that they'd either asked her to keep or even gifted her with upon their graduation. It's a nice thought having a small piece of every student waiting for her still in their art room. "A few more quick notes about the project! It can be anything and can be created using any medium you feel comfortable with. Annndd as an added bonus because you're my trusted seventh years, if enough of you ask me beforehand, I'll even leave the door unlocked so you can come in before curfew to continue working on your artwork. As long as work is getting done, I see no problem trusting you guys. Now, on to the review! Today's is pretty simple, we'll be doing sketching practices. On the boards are short important notes in regards to shading, definition, space, etc. in case you need it. You have until the end of class to work and hand it in, chopchop!" the professor emphasized her words with short claps towards her small group of students.

Essy ze Ninja

Miss GryffindorK

Girl, put your records on, tell me your favourite song
You go ahead, let your hair down
Sapphire and faded jeans, I hope you get your dreams,
Just go ahead, let your hair down.

[Wearing: Wearing [With: Students] [Where: Classroom] [Feeling: Excited] [Thinking: New year!] [OOC:]

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:51 am
So sweet,

[Class List]
Arianell Blodwen
Nani Heulwen

Tanna was already seated on a pouf with her sketchpad in her lap and a palate of watercolors beside her. She found she was always enlightened for watercolor work after her fourth years were introduced to it. When the last of her students were in and on their own poufs, she carefully put down her art and smiled welcoming at them. "Good to see you! How are your final projects going? Good I hope! From the bits I've seen here and there, they're going to be completely fabulous, I couldn't be any prouder! Now, as we're coming upon winter break, I know some of you won't be able to take your art with you back home to work on so if you need extra time before then, please see me after class. Regardless, if any of you would like a little extra time with your pieces before holiday break please don't hesitate to ask! Now, today we'll be reviewing painting techniques, mediums, and enchantments and for those of you who's project is with paint I'm sure you'll thoroughly enjoy this lesson. Like last time, on the board are key points of interest along with the enchantment spell, 'Mobitabella.' No questions? Then get to it then! Oh, nearly forgot, homework! Turn in your last assignment on my desk and new assignment is to create an enchanted portrait of someone or something you'll miss from school. Alright, that's everything for now, get started!"

Essy ze Ninja

Miss GryffindorK

[Wearing: Wearing [With: Students] [Where: Classroom] [Feeling: Excited] [Thinking: New year!] [OOC:]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:39 pm
So sweet,

Tanna was always excited to deal with her seventh years even though it was rather bittersweet knowing that this would be her last year with them. For this year there would be no real lesson plans, just lessons that help review for their NEWT's, she thought they'd appreciate that at least. As it were she only had a handful in this class so instead of desks there were soft poufs to sit upon with lap pads in case they wanted to sketch during the hour along with buckets of clay with pottery wheels and other mediums set up around the room. Class time was going to be used to practice or perfect their favorite or at least the ones they weren't too comfortable with. "Hello and welcome to Art V! You're all probably going to be very busy this year reviewing for all your other classes for your upcoming NEWT's and this one is no exception. Though there is going to be one notable difference this year: instead of having you all come and review, I've decided to also give you a year long project! Now don't get too afraid, the project isn't graded, think of it more as extra special extra credit kind of. Since last year you've been working on and perfecting a specific medium (or mediums for a few of you) so now it's time to bring all that talent to the table, so to speak. You'll still have to come to class and do reviews-that will be graded in case you thought there wouldn't be grades this year-but this is something for you to do on your off time. Especially since most of the reviews are going to be pathetically short so you'll have much more time to work on your masterpiece. Isn't that exciting?!" Tanna exclaimed clapping happily from her pouf. She'd come up with the idea years ago actually but just never got around to actually implementing it. Which in layman terms means going to the Headmaster and getting it approved (she wasn't afraid she was just highly cautious). She had completed artworks from many students dating back to her first few years hanging on the walls or standing tall upon their stands or pedestals that they'd either asked her to keep or even gifted her with upon their graduation. It's a nice thought having a small piece of every student waiting for her still in their art room. "A few more quick notes about the project! It can be anything and can be created using any medium you feel comfortable with. Annndd as an added bonus because you're my trusted seventh years, if enough of you ask me beforehand, I'll even leave the door unlocked so you can come in before curfew to continue working on your artwork. As long as work is getting done, I see no problem trusting you guys. Now, on to the review! Today's is pretty simple, we'll be doing sketching practices. On the boards are short important notes in regards to shading, definition, space, etc. in case you need it. You have until the end of class to work and hand it in, chopchop!" the professor emphasized her words with short claps towards her small group of students.

Quote:

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2024 1:22 pm
So sweet,

User Image
User Image

Tanna was always excited to deal with her seventh years even though it was rather bittersweet knowing that this would be her last year with them. For this year there would be no real lesson plans, just lessons that help review for their NEWT's, she thought they'd appreciate that at least. As it were she only had a handful in this class so instead of desks there were soft poufs to sit upon with lap pads in case they wanted to sketch during the hour along with buckets of clay with pottery wheels and other mediums set up around the room. Class time was going to be used to practice or perfect their favorite or at least the ones they weren't too comfortable with. "Hello and welcome to Art V! You're all probably going to be very busy this year reviewing for all your other classes for your upcoming NEWT's and this one is no exception. Though there is going to be one notable difference this year: instead of having you all come and review, I've decided to also give you a year long project! Now don't get too afraid, the project isn't graded, think of it more as extra special extra credit kind of. Since last year you've been working on and perfecting a specific medium (or mediums for a few of you) so now it's time to bring all that talent to the table, so to speak. You'll still have to come to class and do reviews-that will be graded in case you thought there wouldn't be grades this year-but this is something for you to do on your off time. Especially since most of the reviews are going to be pathetically short so you'll have much more time to work on your masterpiece. Isn't that exciting?!" Tanna exclaimed clapping happily from her pouf. She and even other professors had come to enjoy and look forward to the curation of projects her students created during this year. And from what she'd heard from past students, the project was also to some a way to take a step back from some of the more mentally taxing studying they had for their other NEWT subjects.

Tanna had completed artworks from many students dating back to her first few years hanging on the walls or standing tall upon their stands or pedestals that they'd either asked her to keep or even gifted her with upon their graduation. It's a nice thought having a small piece of every student waiting for her still in their art room. "A few more quick notes about the project! It can be anything and can be created using any medium you feel comfortable with. Annndd as an added bonus because you're my trusted seventh years, if enough of you ask me beforehand, I'll even leave the door unlocked so you can come in before curfew to continue working on your artwork. As long as work is getting done, I see no problem trusting you guys. Now, on to the review! Today's is pretty simple, we'll be doing sketching practices. On the boards are short important notes in regards to shading, definition, space, etc. in case you need it. You have until the end of class to work and hand it in, chopchop!" the professor emphasized her words with short claps towards her small group of students.

Seventh Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items