Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply The Library
Entrance and Checkout Desk ~ Open

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:03 am
Welcome to the Library!

User Image

The Hogwarts Library is located on the fourth floor of the school and contains tens of thousands of books on thousands of shelves. It is overseen by Madam Tamra Forne. Students are welcome to come in and take out up to ten books for studying and/or personal amusement. You must either return or recheck out the books after two weeks. A warning- The Restricted Section is STRICTLY forbidden to students unless they have a note from a professor.

Hello! I'm Madam Tamra Forne, your new school librarian! I'm a former Hufflepuff, and I'm thrilled to be back at Hogwarts, years later. I traveled the world for a few years after my graduation, and I have a love for books, riddles, (maybe I should have been a Ravenclaw...), old music, and libraries! And if you happen to see a ginger cat roaming around, well, that's just Sir Fluffytail. Yes. That's his name. So if you need any help finding a book or have any questions, come find me at the front desk!

Rules
1. Food and drink are not permitted in the Library.
2. While permitted, conversation should be kept to a minimum.
3. Horse play and fighting are also not permitted.
4. If you are having problems locating a book, the Librarian or an assistant can help you.
5. To take out a book, you must bring it to the Front Desk.
6. If you do not return the book or re-new it in two weeks, you will receive a letter {PM} from the Librarian.
7. Further lack of return or re-new will result in the deduction of House points and a possible fine.
8. In order to access the Restricted Section, you must have a note from a Professor.
9. Unauthorized access to the Restricted Section will result in a heavy House points deduction.
10. Do not write in the books. House points will be deducted for damaged books.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:39 am
User Image
User Image

Keith stepped into the library, the pass for the restricted section in his hand. He looked for the Librarian before he approached the desk, tapping on the small silver bell there. Maybe that would get her attention. "I have a pass from Professor da Vinci for the Restricted section?" he called out to the empty desk.

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:59 am
I don't like WALKING around this OLD and EMPTY HOUSE
So HOLD my HAND, I'll WALK with you, my DEAR
The stairs CREAK as I SLEEP, it's KEEPING me AWAKE
It's the HOUSE telling you to CLOSE your EYES
There's an OLD VOICE in my HEAD that's HOLDING me BACK
Well TELL her that I MISS our LITTLE TALKS
SOON it will be OVER and BURIED with our PAST
We used to PLAY OUTSIDE when we were YOUNG and full of LIFE and full of LOVE

User Image
~Madam Germaine Umber~
~Former Hufflepuff~
company- Keith
location- library front desk
reading- Great Expectations by Charles Dickens
wearing- never fear

Germaine heard the bell from her location a little bit aways, amongst the shelves dusting. She hurried over to the front desk, giving the student there, a blonde teenage boy, a warm smile. "Hello young man. How are you this fine day?" she greeted him as she stepped lightly around him to come behind the desk. The young woman plucked the pass from his hand, and straightened her glasses, peering at the pass intently. She glanced up at the boy. "Might I ask what exactly you plan on looking for in there?" With a nod of her head she indicated the roped off Restricted Section behind the desk. But Germaine doubted his intentions were anything but pure. He seemed like a nice enough boy.

Without LIBRARIANS, what do we HAVE? No PAST and no FUTURE.

You're GONE AWAY
I WATCHED you DISAPPEAR
ALL that's LEFT is the GHOST of YOU
Now we're TORN APART
There's NOTHING we can DO
Just LET me GO we'll MEET again SOON
Now WAIT for ME, please HANG AROUND
I'll SEE you when I FALL ASLEEP

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:07 am
User Image
User Image

Keith smiled and nodded at the Librarian. "I'm good. And I'm trying to learn some more advanced Defensive and Offensive Charms, I have an interest in being an Auror and it would really help me advance in the future." the Gryffindor said. He smiled at her and she let him in.

(Exit to Restricted Section)

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:56 pm
User Image
User Image

---------Can you feel the Magic
--------Can you hear the Love
-----Can you be the one for me?

══════════════════════════════╝

Lukas stepped into the Library, searching for the Librarian. Not seeing Madam Germiane Umber he set the enveloped marked with her name on the desk and took his leave.

╔═══════════════════════════
Will I feel the Magic---------
Will I hear the Love--------
Can I be the one for you?-----

User Image

Quote:

Dear Germiane Umber,
User Image
The Ball will be occurring during the upcoming summer and will be open to the members and their guests:

Germiane Umber and Family

Please send back an owl to the Brighton Estate with your acceptance or your denial as soon as possible.
Child Care will be available.
We hope to see you on our day and evening of dance, feast, and enjoyment.
~ The Brighton Family

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:00 pm
User Image

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Library

David walked into the library right after his history class. He'd never been in the library before so he had no idea where to start looking. So he rang the bell at the front desk. Maybe someone there could help him in his search for information on ghosts. Hopefully he could find extra information to help him in class.

With: other people in the library I guess

Wearing: Uniform

OOC: ---

The Forgotten Weasley

You might belong in Gryffindor,
Where dwell the brave at heart,
Their daring, nerve, and chivalry
Set Gryffindors apart;

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:03 pm

User Image
~Madam Germaine Dyan Umber~
~Former Hufflepuff~
~Muggleborn~
company- a young Lion
reading- Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
wearing- hardcore librarian

"Hello, coming!" a voice called from behind a shelf. Within moments Madam Germaine Umber hurried to the desk, a smile working its way onto her face. She looked almost eagerly at the teenage boy at the desk. No one ever rang that bell. Ever. Well some of the more...boisterous students occasionally did and then hurried off, snickering, but no one actually rang it for help. Oh, she hoped this boy needed help. "Yes? How may I help you, young Lion?" she quipped, noting his house crest on his uniform.

murruelecreuset

You're GONE AWAY
I WATCHED you DISAPPEAR
Now we're TORN APART

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:29 pm
User Image

David looked over in the direction that the voice came in. Then he noticed the librarian rush over. It seemed she was happy to have someone at the desk. 'Guess she doesn't get anyone around much.' he thought before she asked in what he needed help with. "Well... I'm interested in finding information on ghosts and why people stay as ghosts after they die." David explained. "Only problem is I have no idea where to find a book on that..." he admitted. Now David could have gone a step further and said he didn't know his way around the library but he wasn't about to do that although it would have been the truth.

With: Librarian

The Forgotten Weasley

Set Gryffindors apart;

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:06 pm

User Image
~Madam Germaine Dyan Umber~
~Former Hufflepuff~
~Muggleborn~
company- a young Lion
reading- Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
wearing- hardcore librarian

Germaine looked thoughtful. "Ghosts, hm? Not a very written about topic, I'm afraid. But I'm sure we have something on. Check the Magical Creatures section. Ghosts are technically creatures, after all." She'd never seen him in the library before, and decided that he probably had no idea where to go. "You're going to want to go to the right and to the very back. There's a sign," she said helpfully. "If you need help just call for me, it's akin to a tomb in here, I'll hear you." Well, that was a morbid comparison. Maybe it was because the topic of ghosts had been brought up.

murruelecreuset

You're GONE AWAY
I WATCHED you DISAPPEAR
Now we're TORN APART

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:01 am
User Image

David nodded when Madam Umber explained to him where he needed to go. He knew it wouldn't be hard for her to tell that he never came to the library. She was the librarian after all. "Thank you Madam Umber." David said before heading off in the direction she sent him in. 'Magical Creatures...' he thought all the while as he looked for the section sign.

(Exit over to the Magical Creatures Section)

With: Librarian

The Forgotten Weasley

Set Gryffindors apart;

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:32 am
User Image
Lola Mutan Ye a.k.a. Lolli xxxxx
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xxxxxxxxx <2nd Year>
Time: 2029-2030
Looking: Pretty Clever

------------------------------------------------------------------------xx
When Devonte rolled his eyes and warned her that her niceness would be her downfall she nodded somewhat grimly, "I reckon it will be." And as the conversation moved to her apology she wasn't sure if Devonte claimed personal questions didn't bother him, she couldn't decide if he was lying or that he honestly didn't care. There were plenty of people who refused to answer the questions and still didn't like them being asked in the first place. It made sense, or at least it did to Lola. As for whether she cared about the answer, she wasn't sure the specific answer mattered as long as it was true and honest. When he said he wanted her to shut her mouth she said, "I thought you didn't care if I asked... I mean you could try asking for me to shut-up... asking goes a long way."

She shrugged and was glad at least he found humor in her relaying the opinion of various of the garden's plant residents. It was mostly because he didn't believe her about plants talking, she was sure, but she also had the feeling he was the type to laugh if someone told him that someone called him a wanker behind his back. "It probably is for the best you don't show with that attitude," Lola answered, "if you don't have to worry about the mischief the plants would wreck against you, I'd worry about Professor Hill's reaction to your lack of respect to plant life. They say he's one of the scarier professors."

She shrugged as she led the way to the library, not bothering to say anymore as she walked through the castle and entered into the library where she turned around and said to Devonte with a slight frown, "I would think you'd have a better idea than me on what section he might be in. What's your best guess?"

------------------------------------------------------------------------

{OoC: }
King Beardly

Quote:

Quote:

The Library

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items