Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Event Archive
Party Tent: The Masquerade Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:09 pm
The smaller of the two tents, here is where an event easily associated with Circus Maisc takes place. Participants in the Masquerade are encouraged to dress up and wear masks.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:40 am
So you wanna call me the devils' advocate
But you don't even know the half of it
I was raised to believe in miracles
My life is so cold
User Image

Annabelle Emery Rich
Owner of Blaze of Glory: Dueling Range
╔════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄══════════════════╗

There weren’t many that lingered in the party tent; it was still early, to be true. The sun had barely dropped from its heights and was quickly receding into the shadows of the night. And soon, the moon would creep over the horizon as it had done for centuries, but for now, it would remain hidden under nestled trees that overlooked the lands. Behind her, the golden rays reflected off of the ocean, crowning in her gold as she stepped through.

But now, under the high fabricated tent, she was emitted into shadows. Pale green eyes darted back and forth, the colors were dull and blinding all at once, mismatched in their darkened hues that, sometimes, she could barely discern them apart. Music swirled, and she was anxious to do the same.

Fashionably: Golden
Troubles: Patience

╚══════════════════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄════╝

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:44 am
User Image

Amanda hadn't originally planned to come to the masquerade, but once Eretria found out the circus would be having one, she forced persuaded the girl to buy a dress and act like a girl for once in her life. I look ridiculous, she thought, rolling her eyes after looking down at her outfit for a moment. The last time she even wore a dress was in her first year when Hogwarts hosted a masquerade. If she thought she looked ridiculous then, this had to be a step up on the scale. At least when she was eleven, she wasn't forced into buying high heels. Of course, her sister did ask her to at least try some on. The blonde nearly twisted her ankle trying to walk in them, so they came to an agreement on buying flats instead. How do girls wear this stuff constantly? she wondered. There were so many teenagers who wore high heels and dresses on a regular basis. This was absolute torture for Amanda.

((OOC: outfit in top picture))

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:54 am
User ImageUser Image

☭ Halfblood ☭ Fifth Year ☭ Dating Dominic Montague ☭ Vampire ☭

You can't quit until you ҭгұ. You can't live until you ∂ιε. 
                                                            You can't learn to tell theҭгยҭђ, until you learn to ℓιε. 
                                                            -------------------------------------①. . . ②. . . ③. . . ☭

Gracie wandered into the tent for the masquerade silently. With the sun set and the night upon her, she was perfectly awake and perfectly safe. She slid a pale hand through red locks and looked around. Most had yet to show up for the dance, and she wasn't even sure why she had come. Sure Chris had wanted to go, probably in hopes of seeing Ada there and she had just tagged along. She figured maybe, with a bit of luck, Dominic would come to the carnival and show up at the dance. A masquerade was a perfect place to meet him too. The masks hid their identities and even though her bright hair made her easily identifiable, besides her family and her clan, Dom was the only one to have seen the new colour. She sighed and spun on her heel. Part of her was surprised she didn't fall over from that act alone.

The Ravenclaw was truly just happy to be out of the shack and out doing something interesting. She knew she would have fun whether or not Dominic happened to be there or not. She could always entertain herself by giggling and commenting on Chris and Ada. She knew Ada was going to be there. There wasn't a snowball's chance in hell that Michelle would miss out on a carnival of freaks and 'interesting' people. Michelle would drag Ada along to the carnival and Ada would drag Michelle to the masquerade. She sighed and glanced at Chris, quirking her eyebrow at him slightly, even though she knew her eyebrows were concealed by the mask she wore. She sighed and smiled, reaching up a finger to trail over the necklace Dominic had given her earlier in the year. She wore it and the matching bracelet with almost everything now a days.

I know some things that you ∂øи'τ. I've done things that you ωøи'τ. 
                                                            There's nothing like a trail of вℓøø∂to find your way back нøмε. 
                                                            -------------------------------------③. . . ②. . . ①. . . ☭

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:04 pm
I settled down a twisted up frown
Disguised as a
smile, well

You would have never known
I had it all
But, not what I wanted
'cause hope for me was a place uncharted and overgrown

𝕯ominic 𝕸ontague
𝔖𝔩𝔶𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔯i𝔫 𝔓𝔲𝔯𝔢𝔟𝔩𝔬𝔬𝔡
Fifth Year, 𝔅eater
User Image

It’d taken the bulk of his afternoon, a welt on the crown of his skull, and a few horribly taken photographs before he’d finally gotten the slip on his brother. He could have always told him, but, that wasn’t nearly half so much fun (and Gabriel had to be the worst liar he’d ever met.) Anyway, in hindsight, he’d have rather asked than be trying to wrap this damned string around his head to keep the mask in place.

And really, he didn’t even know why he was here. He hadn’t gotten any chances to send or receive any more owls, and the only chance he really had to get in touch with the outside world since their rather uneventful (and thank God for it) was through Damien and Marina. And to be honest, he didn’t want to try and pretend to be happy for his friend. Not now, anyway. Did that make him a prat? Eh, probably, but it wasn’t anything he wasn’t used to.

He was a selfish little thing, he could admit that.

Which begged the question, again, why the hell was here. Slowly, people started to linger through the tents flaps and step inside. More and more would flock, and each and every one of them would be a doting loving couple that he’d really rather knock down a few pegs than watch them lord over everyone and everything without a date.

Jesus Christ, what the hell is going on with him?!

He never cared about other people before, not unless it had something to do with him, but, these people…. They were just people… Why was he getting so angry? He shuffled in place as he adjusted his mask, never really paying much attention to where he was going or who he passed by. He just needed to find a little corner and stand against, pretend to be one of those blokes who really couldn’t care less about what’s going on.

Oh, Merlin, if only it were bloody true.

╔═══════════════════╗
Height: 5’7” ☣ Weight: 171lbs ☣ Age: 14
Masquerade Tent
Sundown
╚═══════════════════╝

You'd make your way in
I'd resist
you just like this

You can't tell me to feel
The truth never set me free
So, I did it myself

User Image

”XxXDevil-Chan”

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:53 pm
User Image

User Image

And now I walk a lonely road...

Chris shifted as he entered the tent after Gracie. Okay, why was he here again? Oh yeah, because he was trying to catch a glimpse of someone and hope that they recognized each other with masks on. He adjusted the mask on his face for probably the hundredth time that night, feeling a little awkward. There were still quite a few that didn't know about his recent undead status, and even though he and his brother had finally met back up, no one else in his family knew. He'd practically begged his brother not to say anything to their father after all. Hopefully Chalmes could deflect people that knew him in the wizarding world that he and his twin both knew. Such as a certain sister of theirs. He was sure that Eretria wouldn't hesitate to confront him, and despite the fact he knew she kept her secrets, it would be an awkward meeting. He looked over at Gracie, who smiled at him. "So, I take it you're waiting for someone too?"

With no light to guide my way.

--------------------------
State: Nervous
OOC: ...
--------------------------

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:15 pm
User ImageUser Image

☭ Halfblood ☭ Fifth Year ☭ Dating Dominic Montague ☭ Vampire ☭

You can't quit until you ҭгұ. You can't live until you ∂ιε. 
                                                            You can't learn to tell theҭгยҭђ, until you learn to ℓιε. 
                                                            -------------------------------------①. . . ②. . . ③. . . ☭

Gracie watched Chris shift and fidget around uncomfortably. He could deny it all he wanted but she knew exactly why he was here. He was here to hopefully meet up with Adalaide tonight. Whether the Hufflepuff would recognize him or not was a question Gracie couldn't answer, but she knew that she (and probably Chris too) would recognize her cousin's best friend just by her scent. Honestly the girl smelled like pumpkin 99% of the time. It wasn't hard to seek her out, even in a crowd this large. She blinked and shrugged silently as Chris asked her if she was waiting for someone. "I dunno....maybe?" She said quietly, toying with a lock of her hair and watching a few more people filter into the place. "I'm hoping Dom will be here, but he's been kinda on lock down, so I haven't had any way of contacting him to ask." For all she knew, she could be standing by herself all night long, or warding off other guy's attempts at getting her to dance with them. She shrugged again and gave Chris another smile, nudging him gently with a knowing smirk.

Gracie didn't miss a thing as she watched the crowd slowly trickle into the tent as night fell. She had smelled him coming before he ever showed his face.... or well mask. A tiny smile crept onto her face as blue eyes followed his movements. So he was here. Luck was on her side tonight it seemed. She glanced back at Chris and smirked. "Have fun with Ada." She cooed, giggling wildly as she hugged him tightly before meandering off through the crowd towards her own fun. She slid silently to Dominic's side and leaned in to whisper quietly in his ear. "What's a handsome guy like you doing here all alone?" She asked coyly, smirking at him. She couldn't hold the facade though and fell into a fit of giggles as she slid her arms around him happily and kissed his cheek gently.

She couldn't help but love to sneak up on him and surprise him, but she never could keep up any kind of act. Not around him. She liked being herself with him way to much to try and be anyone else around him. She hummed happily and snuggled against him happily, before pulling away suddenly and looking up at him. "So how exactly did you get permission to come to a carnival by yourself when you can't even send letters? ....... unless you're not alone?" She asked curiously. It wasn't like she really cared.... but she honestly didn't know if he'd care. Would he not want to be around her if his parents were near by? She sucked on her cheek and gave him a small gentle smile.

I know some things that you ∂øи'τ. I've done things that you ωøи'τ. 
                                                            There's nothing like a trail of вℓøø∂to find your way back нøмε. 
                                                            -------------------------------------③. . . ②. . . ①. . . ☭

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:20 pm
User Image
To this world I'm unimportant
Just because I have nothing to give
So you call this your free country
Tell me why it cost so much to live
Tell me why

User Image

Chalmes entered the tent, eyeing the place a bit before making his way to his twin. Chris had dragged him out here, and now, well, he had to play screen for him. The fact his brother was a vampire had come as a shock, and given the older twin had been recently assaulted by some made him a bit jumpy about that fact. He shuddered a bit as he got to his brother, not liking the explanation he gave him about the situation, but knowing that if anyone else knew, they'd just blame Chris for the murder of their mum. He could totally see Eretria doing that, since she was still stinging from the incident. Shoving his hands in his pockets, he suddenly grinned as a thought struck him. "You know, I just realized that we're not mirror images of each other. I'm probably a good inch taller than you." Shoving his shoulder against Chris, he was rewarded when the other teen shoved him back. Man, he did miss goofing off with him. It seemed like an eternity since they had a chance to do anything together, and Chalmes was already plotting ideas about meeting up with his twin. "We really need to do something together, well, besides standing around looking like idiots at this place. Yeah, I know, no daytime stuff, you're occupied, but that doesn't mean we can't do anything."

-------------------------
State: Goofing off
-------------------------

This world can turn me down
But I won’t turn away
And I won’t duck and run
Cause I'm not built that way
When everything is gone there
Is nothing there to fear
This world cannot bring me down
No cause I'm already here

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Xistund

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:00 pm
User ImageUser Image

Halfblood Fourth Year Single

Please just follow me. I thought you wanted me.
                                                          Cause I
                                                          want you all to myself. Make me feel

Darius felt like a complete fool walking into the tent With Ver. He was sure that the suit looked ridiculous on him as he walked in with her. "Remind me again why I have to wear these things?"Darius asked having never in his life had to dress up formally or where a mask that he disliked.

OOC: Darius's Outfit: X X

I'm under the gun, you're the only one.I just can't decide what I'm running from.
                                                          This isn't what I
                                                          wanted, but I can't keep my filthy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:28 pm
User ImageUser Image 

♫ Pureblood ♫ Fourth Year ♫ Single ♫

After I've cried my ℓαṡτ, there'll be ๒єคยҭұ from pain 
                                                        And though I can't
                                                        υи∂εяṡταи∂ why this ђคקקєภє๔ 
                                                        I ќиøω that I will when I look back ร๏๓є๔คұ

Verily walked into the masquerade her fingers gently intertwined with Darius'. She smiled gently at him and rolled her eyes. "You look wonderful. And because dressing nice is fun and stuff." She stuck her tongue out at him playfully and giggled gently. She chewed on her lip quietly, looking up at him. Her heels making her almost the same height as him. "I'm glad you said you'd come with me." She whispered. She smiled very gently up at him and leaned towards him to press her lips gently against the exposed part of his cheek.

Here I am at the єภ๔ of me. Tryin' to hold to what I can't ṡεε  
                                                        I forgot how to ђ๏קє. This night's been so ℓøиģ 
                                                        I cling to Your קг๏๓เรє. There will be a ∂αωи 
                                                        Though it won't be ҭ๏ค๔ұ, someday I'll нøρε again

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:47 pm
User Image
Adalaide is...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // Looking like a dark Fairy Tale at the Masquerade Ball.space
CURRENTLY // single // crushing on Chris // lovingspaces
CURRENTLY WITH // No onespacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Tumultuousspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Ooh, this is so exciting! It's like out of a Fairy Tale!' spacespac
'You didn't have to look my way;
Your eyes still haunt me to this day.'

═════════════════════════════════

Adalaide stepped into the tent the Masquerade was being held in, barely able to contain herself. This was so exciting, the energy coming off of the Hufflepuff was intoxicating. She ran her hands down her dress front, rolling her weight from her heels to the balls of her feet and back, standing aside from the entrance so that others could enter, but wanting to take everything in before she really stepped into it all. This... this felt magical. Maybe it was her inner romantic, and the bit of her that craved adventure and mystery, but she couldn't help imagining all sorts of fantastic scenarios for the evening. And yes, maybe one of them was that a certain someone would make an appearance, but she wasn't holding onto that one too closely. She'd rather not think about it, actually, since if it didn't happen she might not be able to truly enjoy her night. Her gaze flitted from one thing to the next, one person to another, excitement lighting the brown til they almost seemed to sparkle, golden flecks sparkling in the deep, woodsy color. She finally took a few more steps under the crown of the tent, twirling as she did so, her skirt flaring out in a flurry of motion. She couldn't hold back the giggle that erupted; it came like the ringing of holiday bells, almost musical. She spied a head of rather bright hair, and her eyes narrowed, her mouth curving into a bow. She watched the girl approach a dark-haired boy. That had to be Gracie and Dominic; she didn't know any other girls who colored their hair quite so brightly. She watched with curious eyes. She remembered the sudden declaration when Gracie had confronted her about Chris, remembered that she wasn't supposed to know about them... but it still made her smile to see them together. She wondered if Damien and Marina would make an appearance as well; it was nice to know that those two had been able to see past their parents. She twirled again, deciding that she would talk to Gracie later. In the meantime, she wanted to spend some time people watching. It was amazing, how free people could be when they wore a mask.

═════════════════════════════════
                                                          'But you did... yes, you did.'

User Image

(( OOC: ))

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:44 pm
User ImageUser Image

Halfblood Fourth Year Single

Please just follow me. I thought you wanted me.
                                                          Cause I
                                                          want you all to myself. Make me feel

"Yea well I may look good but I feel like someone cased the full body-bind curse on me." Darius said but he had a smile on his face.

He blushed a bit as she kissed his cheek and added"Besides I want to see your face, I spend a year avoiding it."He placed a finger on her cheek trailing her skin to her hair.

I'm under the gun, you're the only one.I just can't decide what I'm running from.
                                                          This isn't what I
                                                          wanted, but I can't keep my filthy

Xistund

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:56 am
When you came in the air went out,
And every shadow there filled up with doubt,

I don’t know who you think you are but before the night is through

𝕺cclumens 𝖂illiam 𝕯ante 𝕹ott the Third
𝕳eir of 𝕯uke of 𝖂ales, 𝕾lytherin 𝕬lumni

User Image

Silence encumbered him, and in a shrouded veil of mystery he hoped he managed past the entrance unnoticed. Adalaide swirled in place, her skirt rippling with the wind. He sought to turn his face away as he strolled past her as another face in a crowd of masks. His thick, heavy brows and golden eyes were naked in a sea of painted faces. He crept like a creature of the night as he found a stall. There were hundreds outside, and even a small few in here.

Gold coins exchanged hands and a black mask was being tied to the back of his head. How odd, he realized, he’d gone his whole life living behind a broken mask, and now that he’d set himself free—here he was, buying just another mask to add to the collection.

With so much to do, and so little time, he found himself recounting his entire day. Was it a series of mistakes, one after the other? Piss poor decision? Geez, he’d have thought he was a drunken loon, the way he’d been acting today. Brash and irrational, he hadn’t thought to plan anything out.

But what was the point, anyway? He could plan every detail, every painstaking riddle until the rhymes were perfectly aligned, and still! Still, it blew up in his face!

Every time.

╔══════════════╗
Height: 6’2” ♜ Weight: 189 ♜ Age: 18
Masquerade Tent
╚══════════════╝

User Image

I wanna do bad things with you.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:29 am
I settled down a twisted up frown
Disguised as a
smile, well

You would have never known
I had it all
But, not what I wanted
'cause hope for me was a place uncharted and overgrown

𝕯ominic 𝕸ontague
𝔖𝔩𝔶𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔯i𝔫 𝔓𝔲𝔯𝔢𝔟𝔩𝔬𝔬𝔡
Fifth Year, 𝔅eater
User Image

Look at you, you and your perfect little life and your perfect little girlfriend, damn you, damn you all. He huffed, eyes narrowed in contempt as he lounged casually against the wall of a booth set up primarily for drinks and snacks. The bloody fools, all of them… Or at least he thought so. Alright, so maybe he was being just a tad melodramatic, but he didn’t even want to be here. Not really… The only reason he’d consented so easily was when he realized they’d be out of the house all day and some of the night.

He may not have a snows chance in Hell to find her, but she could find him, and easy, too, he bet. Which, was also sort of weird, he had to admit. He’d always been a competitive one, but even he had to admit that it went just a little beyond competitive. It unnerved him deep down into his bones just knowing that he was defenseless around her, compared to her. And he always would be.

Nothing would change that… Nothing, anyway, while his heart still beat.

And even despite all of that, he could see through it. Despite all the wanton jealousy and all of the queer stares, aside from never being able to hide, he didn’t know how he’d ever be able to handle growing, changing, and aging, while she… She just stayed the same. Young, beautiful, perfect….

So yes, he was a bit melodramatic, and yes, he was jealous of the happiness that everyone else seemed to have. He was furious that he was alone, not even Damien to feel his pain. He hated how his family was daring him to choose.

But most of all, he couldn’t stand the fact that she wasn’t here with him, right now.

Maybe if she was, he wouldn’t care so much about everything, and everyone. Maybe… maybe he’d let go of it all.

”What’s a handsome guy like you doing here all alone?”

”Dammit, I don’—Grace!” He blinked, the surprise rushing in his eyes as surely as the blood boiling his cheeks. He was about to go on a tangent rage, and he didn’t even know why! He blinked, again and again, just to let it all simmer down into a small, greedy smile. ”I was wondering if I’d see you here.”

That was a gross understatement. ”Permission? They practically dragged me here kicking and screaming until I realized we’d be out past dark.” A sly grin crept up on his face as he pulled her in close while her arms snaked around him and her cold lips graced his cheeks for a simple kiss.

”Family appearances, y’know?” He shrugged. ”It was mostly a matter of trying to shake off my brother; I guess they figured a torturous excursion being chaperoned by my older brother would count as a sort of punishment…

“They just forgot to consider how easy it is to tackle that bloke and knock him down a few pegs.”
Of course, he would never mention how easily it was that his brother had bested him. How he’d gotten the welt that formed on the top of his head. Or how much of a cheater his brother was for using magic just because he’s ‘old enough,’

Damn cheatin’ sore loser.

╔═══════════════════╗
Height: 5’7” ☣ Weight: 171lbs ☣ Age: 14
Masquerade Tent
Sundown
╚═══════════════════╝

You'd make your way in
I'd resist
you just like this

You can't tell me to feel
The truth never set me free
So, I did it myself

User Image

”XxXDevil-Chan”

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:55 am
User ImageUser Image

I'll be your soldier, fighting every second of the day for your dreams.
So don't stress, don't
cry, we don't need no wings to fly.

Cameron, mask already on, walked towards the tent which held the masquerade ball. He figured he would have to keep an eye out for bright red hair to find his girlfriend since her face would be unrecognizable through her mask. It'll probably be hard to find her, he thought. There were many females with red hair. If they all came dressed in a disguise to hide their faces, it would be extremely difficult to find a certain girl. Plus, Elli had a twin, so he could easily mistake Verily for her. Well, if Ver was coming. After walking into the tent, Cam scanned the space full of people dancing, talking, or standing around. It would take him forever to find Elli.

As long as you love me, we could be starving,
we could be
homeless, we could be broke. As long as you love me.

((OOC: outfit in right picture))

Event Archive

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces