Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Private Homes
Hall Family Rowhouse

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:50 pm
User Image

This quaint rowhouse in London is home to the Hall family. A primarily muggle home, the three young daughters that live here all happen to be witches. The father, Darius, works in a law firm while their mother, Miranda works as an accountant. It is well-kept, and is a very cheery home for the muggleborn family.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:55 pm
~Reserved~

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:56 pm
~Reserved~

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:01 pm
User Image
                                                    Can't help if I space in a daze,
                                                    My eyes tune out the other way,
                                                    I may switch off and go in a daydream

User Image
                                                    ════════════════════════

Ħʊḟḟℓ℮℘υḟḟ Åʟüмηḯ || ℳüℊℊłℯßøяη || ϴωηℯя øḟ ℉ℓ◎ґ℮αη ℱøґтℯṧ¢ʊℯ'ṧ

════════════════════════

Rose looked nervous as she set out the final touches for dinner. She had been working for a bit on it, and she hoped that Nell actually liked it. Rose wiped her hands off on a dish towel before grabbing up the plates for dinner. Eggplant parmesan, and some autumn vegetables. She even baked a dessert, but that was set aside for afterward. She looked the entire table over, then nodded to herself. While it wasn't their anniversary, it was however a spontaneous event. At least for Nell. Rose had alternative plans, however, and she was just waiting for Nell to get home to spring them on her. Maybe Nell would hate it, but Rose doubted it. She crossed her arms, thinking that the warming charms on dinner were a good idea, and that it shouldn't be too long before Nell came home.

════════════════════════
                                                    Thinking: It shouldn't be too long now...
                                                    Taken With: Chantale Ellis
                                                    OOC:

Bubo and Peaches

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

In this head my thoughts are deep,
                                                    But sometimes I can't even speak,
                                                    Would someone be and not pretend I'm off again in my World

Yukina101

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:11 pm
Grew up in a small town
And when the rain would fall down
I'd just stare out my window
Dreaming of what could be
And if I'd end up happy
I would pray

User ImageXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXUser Image
XXXHufflepuff AlumniXXXPurebloodXXXⓂⓨ ⓛⓞⓥⓔ

〖Nell walked into the town home closing the door behind her with a tired sigh before raising a hand to let her hair out of its tight knot. While today hadn't been as busy as some of her other days, it had certainly been long. Then again, anything could seem long when you were assisting in a difficult birth. Twins at that! Poor hippogryff didn't know what was happening just that both eggs wanted to escape at the same time. Having an establish rapport with the hippogryff she was called in to help but the dear wasn't in the greatest frame of mind so she had to be especially cordial when vying entry to her nest. That alone had taken nearly an hour and then knocking her out and working on the inside...suffice to say, it had been rather difficult. But she was home and there were two healthy eggs hours away from hatching into two beautiful hatchlings. And one hippogryff mother still shaking the effects of a tranquilizer off. But she'd deal with that tomorrow. After stepping out of her shoes Nell noticed the smell of eggplant and other vegetables and followed it to the dining room table to see an elegant meal spread before her. Their anniversary was a few months ago (which she hadn't forgotten nor did she forget how they had -ahem- celebrated), it wasn't her birthday nor Rose's since she would've made the redhead close up shop to spend the entire day with her instead, it wasn't Claire's birthday since she wasn't anywhere in sight...so what was it?! "Wow, everything looks amazing Rose. I'm a tad curious on why all the splendor but I'm not complaining! Not even a little if eggplant parmesan is on the table." Never play around when Italian's on the table. Literally.】

Diamond Wales

Wearing: Clothes | Where: Home | With: Rose | Thoughts: Ooooo, what did I forget? | OOC:

I'll spread my wings and I'll learn how to fly
I'll do what it takes til' I touch the sky
And I'll make a wish
Take a chance
Make a change
And breakaway

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:03 pm
User Image
                                                    Can't help if I space in a daze,
                                                    My eyes tune out the other way,
                                                    I may switch off and go in a daydream

User Image
                                                    ════════════════════════

Ħʊḟḟℓ℮℘υḟḟ Åʟüмηḯ || ℳüℊℊłℯßøяη || ϴωηℯя øḟ ℉ℓ◎ґ℮αη ℱøґтℯṧ¢ʊℯ'ṧ

════════════════════════

Rose smiled when she saw Nell enter, and walked over to give her a kiss, draping her arms around the Scot's shoulders. She giggled slightly as Nell said she wasn't complaining about the dinner, and instead took her girlfriend by the hand and led her over to the table. After all, she had made it specifically for Nell, and thankfully Claire had decided to make herself scarce for the evening so it was just the couple by themselves. "I figured that since you seemed to be working late tonight, and had been busy preparing for the new mum-to-be in the hippogryff, I'd do something nice and treat you to a relaxing evening. You know, some Nexflix, a nice bath, and a nice dinner for two. Besides, you were always doing the same for me when I started the shop, so I figured it was my turn." She brought Nell over to a seat and sat down herself, placing the napkin in her lap and folding her hands. "So, how's the new mum? She doing all right? I have a feeling I'm going to lose you completely when the babies are hatched." Not that Rose thought that would happen. She just knew how enthusiastic Nell was about her job. After all, it had been her dream since Rose had first met her.

════════════════════════
                                                    Thinking: It shouldn't be too long now...
                                                    Taken With: Chantale Ellis
                                                    OOC:

Bubo and Peaches

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

In this head my thoughts are deep,
                                                    But sometimes I can't even speak,
                                                    Would someone be and not pretend I'm off again in my World

Yukina101

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:38 pm
Grew up in a small town
And when the rain would fall down
I'd just stare out my window
Dreaming of what could be
And if I'd end up happy
I would pray

User ImageXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXUser Image
XXXHufflepuff AlumniXXXPurebloodXXXⓂⓨ ⓛⓞⓥⓔ

〖Nell grinned and eagerly reciprocated the kiss as she wrapped her arms around Rose's waist for a brief hug as well. She was happily lead over to the table seeing only two table settings and guessing that Claire was off somewhere else for the evening which just left the two of them. She cooed as her girlfriend explained the spontaneous romantic dinner and gave her hand a squeeze before dropping into her own chair and removing her cardigan to lay it on the back of her chair. "That sounds like, so amazingly sweet and just what I need after this crazy day." she told her with a sigh and chuckle before taking a better look at her food and wondering just where she should start. It all looked so good! The Scot decided to go for the egglant first so she could enjoy it while it was still warm and as she cut a small piece Rose asked about the new mother hippogryff and snorted in amusement when she assumed she'd lose her to the excitement of new hatchlings. Well she wasn't wrong. "She's probably waking up now from her tranquilizers if I'm honest. There was a mild scare when her egg didn't drop when we thought it would and when we tried to check her she would flip all sorts of unholy hell. So finally we managed to successfully stun her then slipped her a mild sedative to keep her under while we checked and low and behold it wasn't one egg dropping but two! There hasn't been an actual clutch of hippogryffs for ages! They'll probably be fully hatched sometime tomorrow either late morning or midday and we've already gotten a few missives from the Ministry to come and see the family. If all goes well they'll be the most famous hippogryffs in all the UK!" Nell finished and punctuated with an eager grin before popping a piece of her parmesan in her mouth and groaning a bit at how utterly delicious it was. She was so glad she had Rose; she might now be able to go into a kitchen and not everything spontaneously erupt in flames but she'd never be at the level the redhead was. And she was perfectly ok with that as long as she kept cooking like this.】

Diamond Wales

Wearing: Clothes | Where: Home | With: Rose | Thoughts: Ooooo, what did I forget? | OOC:

I'll spread my wings and I'll learn how to fly
I'll do what it takes til' I touch the sky
And I'll make a wish
Take a chance
Make a change
And breakaway

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:42 am
User Image🌸✨NKONAZANA SARAHI JULIEN Y CASTILLO
fourth year || Simbi || muggleborn
Astrology club stargazer || Music Club drummer || Advice diviner

The school year had started with an adventure—Lulu and her cousin Riddles had broken her out of her house in Seville. A night of daring escapes--climbing walls, sneaking past cameras, climbing the estate gate in a dress, her small collection of shrine elements and divination shells tucked in her purse. A private jet--so very different from a broom or a (public?) plane-- and a portkey back to the beautiful shores of Behanzin.

Nkonazana had received a few letters since from her parents about the situation, and more from her uncle and aunt, concerned when they heard she’d apparently just left the house. Finally though, the whole issue had been settled by a pair of people from the Magical Child Protective Services in Spain and the UK—they would settle the deal over the breaks. For Nkona in September, that felt like all the time in the world. She had busied herself with studies and school and figuring out how to get the supplies and generally ignored the whole parent-guardianship situation. As far as Nkona was concerned, Lulu was her guardian at Behanzin and that was ‘real’ life. Until now. Now that could not be procrastinated much longer.

But Nkona was in an unusually good mood today, and nothing could quite bog her down, even the impending hearing. It was a little funny to Nkona that she was returning to the Ellis-Hall residence wearing the same dress she had when she arrived here at the start of the school year— blue with ruffles—ruffles she had hidden her wand beneath and the only reason why her parents couldn’t take that too.

”Buenas tarde!” She greeted as soon as the portkey stopped spinning. Her English had much improved, but Spanish was still her preferred tongue whenever polite. And as much as she wasn’t looking forward to anything else, she loved Lulu, and looked forward to spending more time with her mums.

setting The Hall Family Rowhouse. || with Lulu, Nell, Rose
appearance 5’3”, spindly, with glasses || wearing blue dress with ruffles
status This is starting to feel more and more like home

Yukina101

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
Si alguna vez te sentiste solo
Si ayer creías todo era gris
Hay algo que yo quiero decirte
Si tienes ganas de seguir
Por suerte siempre existe un mañana
Y cada día sale el sol.
✨🌸
~"Hoy" by David Bisbal.

addaellis

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:44 pm
I don't ********' know if it's a lie or it's a fact
All your little fake friends will sell your secrets for some cash (Hey, hey)
Smile in my face, then put your cig out on my back
If you ever see me, just get to runnin' like The Flash
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Ɓєнαηzιη AℓυмJυℓιєт Oƒ Aℓℓ Ƭяα∂єѕSιмвι Ɗєνσтєє

☁☼☀✰Lulu had basically just been enjoying not having plans the first week or so after vacation. And for the most part, her mums' allowed it since they thought-well deserved in her opinion-that she was owed a break. However apparently a week was a little too long since now they were trying to subtly ask her plans for the summer i.e. the future. Short term, she was planning on going to the cafe and applying for a barista job because money would be nice plus she could practice latte foam art. Long term.....eh? She knew she didn't want to go anywhere near the Ministry, as much as she enjoyed potions she couldn't see it as a career, she didn't really have the patience for healing like her cousins, honestly the closest that somewhat understood her was Nasim. She was working at Galen's while mostly focusing on her webcomic and becoming a whole a** artist. She liked art fine but her problem was that she couldn't really just focus on one form. She liked watercolors, lattes, makeup, music, nails, body art, there was just so much out there she couldn't pin herself to just one niche. So she figured maybe she should try and at least narrow it down before branching outwards into career thinking.

But as for the current to-now, Lulu was recharging her crystals since they'd been feeling off since the big move and she needed them in top form for her next few readings. She was finishing up with her agate when she heard a familiar voice call out into the home causing her to grin and go running to the entrance.

"Nkona! ¡No sabía que ibas a volver tan pronto! How are you? Where'd you end up settling?" she asked in a mix of Spanish and English. She knew the younger teen preferred Spanish but had also been trying to better her English so she tried to help when she could. Speaking of help, Lulu had no regrets about breaking her little mentee out the first time around so she'd have even less doing it a second time. Major bonus points that she wouldn't even need to borrow Riddles and her jet this time! (Although that had been wickedly fun and added to the top secret agent theme she'd been going for). "Ah, es lo que sea. Las mamás estarán felices de verte. Probablemente intente engordarlo nuevamente." she laughed thinking of her mum Rose.

I knew a boy just like you
He's a snake, just like you
Such a fake, just like you, but I can see the truth
Transparent soul
I can see right through, just so you know

addaellis

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:08 am
User Image🌸✨NKONAZANA SARAHI JULIEN Y CASTILLO
fourth year || Simbi || muggleborn

”Entre su madre y su hermano no es posible que no engordamos.” Nkona laughed cheerily at Lulu’s comment of her moms trying to fatten them up-- Between the ice cream shop and the bakery though, who could resist the goodies? Not to mention the candy shop. Nkona wasn’t a fan of candy in general, but she understood the temptation well enough. ”¡Y su primo!; ¡todas las golosinas!”

Nkonazana twirled a little, breathing a little lighter around the now-familiar scene of the Hall Family Rowhouse. Perhaps her improved English made London seem less foreign, or perhaps her interactions with the Ellis-Hall family in Diagon Alley were so sweet that it made everything seem a little more….

Well, she ought not get ahead of herself.

Lulu asked where she had ended up settling, and Nkona nervously sat down, her foot tapping out of nervousness or excitement or just excess energy. "Actualmente, aún no se ha resulto,"” she said, reporting on the ongoing custody questions. They had finally decided that ”Pero es cierto que mis padres no tendrán la custodia mucho más tiempo.” she grinned.

Since her grandfather had died, Seville hadn’t been home. Her parents had never been family, she had to realize-- her grandfather, and her santería community had been. With him gone and her imprisonment from the community, Behanzin had become her new religious community. Her Uncle Julius and Aunt Edaline had been family by blood, but if it was up to her…if she were to choose her family like the santería community did...then...well, Lulu was already her spiritual sister.

Voice a mix of excitement and nervousness and hope, Nkona asked, repeating herself in English just to make sure it was clear: ”Quería preguntar... ¿Puedo ser parte de su familia? Could I…be part of your family?”

setting The Hall Family Rowhouse. || with Lulu, Nell, Rose
status This is starting to feel more and more like home

“Actually, it hasn’t yet been resolved.” “But it’s certain my parents will not have custody much longer.”
“I wanted to ask...can I be part of your family?”

Yukina101

Si alguna vez te sentiste solo
Si ayer creías todo era gris
Hay algo que yo quiero decirte
Si tienes ganas de seguir
Por suerte siempre existe un mañana
Y cada día sale el sol.
✨🌸
~"Hoy" by David Bisbal.

addaellis

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2021 7:06 pm
I don't ********' know if it's a lie or it's a fact
All your little fake friends will sell your secrets for some cash (Hey, hey)
Smile in my face, then put your cig out on my back
If you ever see me, just get to runnin' like The Flash

Ɓєнαηzιη AℓυмJυℓιєт Oƒ Aℓℓ Ƭяα∂єѕSιмвι Ɗєνσтєє

☁☼☀✰Lulu cackled as Nkona correctly assumed that it wouldn't exactly be difficult to get fattened up in her family. She pretty much thanked whatever genetics she'd been graced with along with her semi-active lifestyle for the reason all those candies and cookies weren't currently settling on her hips. Her smile softened as she watched the younger girl twirl and get comfortable in the home already thinking about how her mums were going to react seeing her again. Mum Rose was going to-rightly-ask if she'd kidnapped her again while Mum Nell was just going to be too excited to see her to really question anything until later.

She settled down on the seat next to Nkona bouncing slightly still invigorated from the surprise visit. Lulu frowned as her friend talked about her current living situation and while she was happy she wasn't ever going back to her biological parents but annoyed she was stuck in this weird custody limbo. She was also sad for her since she knew the younger teen missed her santeria community back in Spain and was still pissed her parents tried separating her from it. "Aw, lo siento. ¿Te dejarán al menos visitar tu antigua comunidad en Sevilla? Sé cuánto los extrañaste..." Lulu trailed off remembering the stories Nkona would share about her grandfather and the community she was part of. It made her a little sad she'd never met him before his passing but also made her think that Nkona would just love her grandmum Jarai. From the stories alone she could imagine they were hella similar plus she didn't hear much about a grandmother and everyone deserved a grandma hug at least once in their life.

She noticed the girl becoming jittery and was going to suggest maybe getting them something to drink (and just maayybbeee push off something she'd been experimenting with just maybe) when her thoughts were interrupted by Nkona's question. Lulu blinked once. Twice. Then she let out a screech she'd only really heard herself do once before when her eldest sister had given her a cluster of alexandrite she'd found (like in the wild like WHAT) and dived onto the unsuspecting teen grabbing her in a tight hug. "YES OF COURSE HOLY s**t WHY DO YOU THINK YOU EVEN HAVE TO ASK?!? ¡Esto va a ser genial! ¡Podemos quedarnos despiertos toda la noche intercambiando historias de miedo y haciendo uñas y por la mañana-! ¡Estoy haciendo gofres! ... ¡o intentaré hacer gofres!" Lulu reluctantly let go of her new sister to now pace and gesture wildly in the space between them.

This was the best case scenario! Now all she needed was for her mums to sign the forms she'd possibly drawn up last year (seriously, she owed Riddles like the absolute best Yule gifts 5ever) which uh. Of course they'd sign, they loved Nkona as much as she did and she was more than sure she'd seen some bedroom purchases that looked a little too small for her room but probably perfect for the extra bedroom.

Translations:
"Will they at least let you visit your old community back in Seville? I know how much you missed them..."
"This is gonna be so great! We can stay up all night swapping scary stories and doing nails and in the morning-! I'm making waffles! ....or I will attempt to make waffles!"

I knew a boy just like you
He's a snake, just like you
Such a fake, just like you, but I can see the truth
Transparent soul
I can see right through, just so you know

addaellis

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:42 am
User Image🌸✨NKONAZANA SARAHI ELLIS- HALL
fifth year || Simbi || muggleborn

“Nunca. Pero...ahora no es tan importante.” Nkona replied when asked if her parents ever let her visit her old santeria community. It was strange, now that she thought of it-- she had seen more of Port-au-Prince and London and even Inverness than Seville, despite the time and years she had spent there. It was past. She wanted to respect that past, but she knew now she could not respect the past there.

Nkona’s breath caught for a terrible moment when Lulu simply blinked at the question. Her english had been intelligibly pronounced, right? Had she messed up the words?

And then Lulu had screeched and dived on her in an unmistakable hug. Nkona squealed in delight, her earlier anxiety melting away immediately. There was still asking her new mums, but given Lulu’s enthusiastic response, all her doubts had been blown away.

Nkona squealed in giddiness again. ”¿Gofres? Oooo ¡Con mantequilla de cacahuete y jalea!” she requested, bouncing up and bounding off after her new sister. She had a sister now! “¡Quiero ayudar, esperame hermana!~” Sister! She had siblings!

She couldn’t wait to greet her other siblings as well as such. Oh, this summer was suddenly so much brighter!

setting Home || with family
status I have siblings! <3

"Waffles? Ooooo with peanut butter and jelly! I want to help! Wait for me, sis"

Yukina101

Todo puede suceder si estamos huntos
Es hoy, el tiempo que tenemos es hoy
Y hoy te invitaremos a volar
Por hoy entrego todo mi corazón
y juntos iremos por más
Sueña, vive, siente y no pierdas el valor