Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Event Archive
Fairway Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:33 pm
The pathway between all of the tents and other activities.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:52 pm
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Gwynfair Cadoc Darryn Idris

The Wyn siblings had always loved the circus. Who wouldn't? Bright colors, warm summer air, and the fact that it was by the seaside was also a plus. The boys were particularly fond of all of the flying games. After all, they were professional Quidditch players. It was a good chance to show off, and possibly show up some of the other teams, as well as to get to play with them. It wasn't like the competitions here actually mattered on the pitch. The girls loved the masquerade. It was a good chance for them to socialize and get to see other people that they haven't in a while. So what, Gwynfair was the Minister. She could handle herself at such a thing as a circus, it wasn't like anything was going to happen there.

When everything had finished spinning, three of the siblings floated gently to the ground. The fourth, and the youngest, had decided she'd much rather fly down. Why fly? Well, when Idris was a registered animagus, a hawk to be precise, it was simply more fun to do so. Landing on the ground, she switched back to her redheaded human self. "Well, where to first?" the youngest Wyn asked.

Cadoc hardly had to listen to the question before he knew the answer. He was the captain of the Welsh Quidditch team. He had been sure to bring his broom with him, as well as to make sure his younger brother did the same. Nothing like a little sibling rivalry. "Idris, you even have to ask?" the man laughed. "We're off to register for some of the games! Let's go Darryn," he said as he slapped the man on the back.

Watching as their brothers left, the women finally felt some peace. It could be annoying still living with their siblings. They were always so loud. They were Gryffindors, and they did play professional Quidditch, but that didn't give them an excuse to be loud all the time. "Why don't we walk around a bit?" Gwynfair suggested. The masquerade wouldn't be starting yet, and the sisters weren't about to go register for the talent contest. They really didn't have anything worth showing off. And besides, Gwynfair had the whole image thing to worry about. She was the Minister for Magic, and she was out in public. She had to be professional. Otherwise, the Prophet would go crazy at the supposed scandal.

Smiling, Idris looked around. There weren't too many people at the circus yet. It would be good to walk around. After all, she should walk around with her sister. The woman insisted that she didn't need any security while at the circus, but that didn't stop the younger of the two from worrying. She might not be an auror, but she was Gwynfair's sister and she loved her. Love could do some pretty powerful things. "Alright," she said as the two women started walking through the fairway.

Minister for Magic Welsh Seeker and Captain Welsh Chaser Office of Improper Use of Magic and Animagus
The Wyn Siblings

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:12 pm
User Image

___________ Job ___________ Former Coyote ___________ 38 years old ___________

↜ I aim to misbehave....↝

Well this looked interesting to say the least. A magical circus by the sea, this country darn near tried to do everything it could with magic. Although doing a normal circus might be a bit boring to some folks who are used to seeing dragons and unicorns walking around the place. Still wouldn't hurt to add a touch of muggle style to make it seem different and maybe even a touch mystical for some magical folk.

Jack wasn't really here for the fun though unfortunately. The newly appointed Hit Wizard had a feeling that a place like this would be a prime target for any misdeeds of any kind. So many people going about having a good time, if something horrible was to happen during this event it would be put down in the history books. Jack really didn't want that to happen, besides if nothing happened he might even try his hand at a few games. He was curious if there was anything that involved skilled shooting, and anyone running said games to be foolish enough to let him have a turn?

↜ If you can't do something smart...do something right ↝

Those who are by my side ||No one
While I strive with all my might || Keeping the peace
To turn this darkness into light ||Fair Way  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:33 pm
User Image 

ஒ Mudblood ஒ Orphan ஒ Single ஒ

But I know that, I was put here, to fight Vikings, in the cold war, 
                                                                                                with my arms out, in the front lines, singing, “Dare me. Dare me.”

Steffi walked onto the fairway. She was wearing a simple pair of shorts and a tanktop plus a pair of sandals. She had spent a little extra money on buying a bag with a undetectable extension charm and her clothes plus a few of the others with her's clothes for the masquerade were shoved inside. She wiggled her feet and looked around for everyone else. She had sort of lost.... all of them in the crowd. It was the problem of being short. But they would all reach up with her again in a minute or two so she wasn't worried. As much as she worried about her siblings... they were all a lot like her. They could take care of themselves when necessary. She toyed with her braided hair. She didn't know why she had done it. She had spent so much time on her hair that morning. She wanted to look nice for the masquerade. She didn't know why though. It wasn't like she'd need to impress anyone right?

Steffi sighed and dropped her hand away from her hair. Who would she need to impress? It wasn't like what she looked like mattered to any of her siblings or Luke. She chewed on her lip and dug her toe into the ground. She sighed and licked her lips. Maybe she was just trying to prove that even though she was all tough and street-sy and stuff didn't mean she couldn't be a girl once in awhile.... but why in the world would she need to prove that? It was obvious in the way she mothered everyone at the orphanage..... but.... Luke didn't live at the orphanage..... She shook her head and rolled her eyes. She was over thinking her own actions and being ridiculous. She had done her hair because she had wanted to look nice.... that was the only reason! ....Right?

I hope they hurt you. I hope they scar you. I hope they heal you. 
                                                                                                You’ve got to weigh your
                                                                                                wars make sure you’re not fighting for nothing

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:53 pm
User Image

The Dean family strolled down the fairway. The 10 year old standing between her parents, holding each of their hands. "Kayla, what would you like to do first?" Natasha asked as she looked down at her youngest. "I dunno Mum. I have no idea what there is to do." replied Kayla, the 10 year old looked over the crowded circus. She didn't know what to do, there were just so many things to do. Micheal smiled at his daughter before looking around. "Oh look, there is the Minister of Magic, Gwynfair Wyn. She is my boss, so Kayla if she speaks to you be on your best behavior." he said to the blonde girl.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:06 pm
User Image

So far everything seemed to be going well without anything looking to be out of sorts. People moved about talking about what attraction they wanted to go see next or if they were going to sign up for one of the competitions. If everything went well Jack could enjoy telling himself he was wrong and being to protective over something. When it was over. As it was there did seem to be a matter he could attend to.

A lone girl who looked to be either lost, confused, or both even. It was not common to see someone walking around by themselves during such an event. People either came together with a group or had settled on a meeting point with friends and family. It wasn't something that was really a pressing concern but sometimes the smallest matters required the most attention. He made his way to the young girl and smiled as he spoke.

"'Scuse me Miss, but you look a might puzzled. Have you gotten yourself lost from your group, or just lost in all this hub-bub of a circus?"

Those who are by my side || Unknown girl
While I strive with all my might || Looking to lend a hand
To turn this darkness into light || Fair Way  

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:38 pm
User Image
                                                    Do you really wanna be like them?
                                                      Do you really wanna be another trend?
                                                        Do you wanna be part of that crowd?
                                                          Cause I don't ever wanna
                                                            I don't ever wanna be

User Image

Luke walked up to where Steffi was. Well, he had offered to pay for the trip, and thankfully he didn't look like his face had met a brick wall today. His mum had offered to give him the money so that he and his friends could have a good time, and now he was quite nervous. Why? Honestly, he wasn't sure, but he meant to find out. He hated not knowing why things bothered him. When he got up to Steffi, she was talking to some guy. Okay, so it was an older guy, but somehow it bothered him. Putting on a smirk, he approached the two. "Hey Steffi, what's going on? Bloke's not bothering you, is he?" It was at that moment that he noticed the way Steffi was dressed, well, her hair, to be precise. He blinked and shook his head. Okay, there was seriously something wrong with him. "Umm, are you feeling okay Steffi?"

User Image
State: Confused
OOC: ...

You, don't wanna be just like youxxx
What I'm sayin' isxxxxx
This is the anthemxxxxxxx
Throw all your hands upxxxxxxxxx
You, don't wanna be youxxxxxxxxxxx

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:56 pm
User Image

Hey you, look around!
    Can you hear that noise? It's a rebel sound.
    We got nowhere else to go.

User Image

Magni sighed and scratched his head. How did he get stuck with keeping an eye on Luke anyway? Luke didn't seem to mind, which naturally made the older teen worried that he was plotting something. Of course, that could be his imagination. He slumped and looked around. So far, only things he could see were just people that were just hanging around and discussing where to go, or people that seemed intent to going to another attraction. Well, this might get boring real quick. His gaze shifted to Luke and his friends and he just leaned his head back, wondering if he could actually fall asleep on his feet waiting for his brother and friends to decide on what they were doing.

┏━━━━ᚦ━━━━━┓
    State: Bored
    OOC: ...

┗━━━━ᚦ━━━━━┛

And when the sun goes down, and we fill the streets,
    You're gonna dance 'til the morning to the rebel's beat.
    You can take everything from me, oh, yeah.
    You can take everything from me
    'Cause this is all I need.

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:03 am
User Image
User Image

Lyre looked around, a bit nervous. Her parents had dropped her off while they had to go to her auntie's for some grown-up party, so she agreed to wander the carnival. Of course, she was terrified to be on her own, since she didn't know anyone here. Her red hair was down, but her headband kept it from her eyes for the most part. She had a handful of pounds in the pocket of her dress, but she had eaten shortly before coming here. Wide violet eyes searched for anyone she may know...

{OoC:}

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:13 am
User Image 

ஒ Mudblood ஒ Orphan ஒ Single ஒ

But I know that, I was put here, to fight Vikings, in the cold war, 
                                                                                                with my arms out, in the front lines, singing, “Dare me. Dare me.”

Steffi blinked as a random man came up to her. She narrowed her eye at him and immediately slid her hand into her pocket and wrapped her fingers around her switch blade.... just in case. "I'm fine." She basically growled. She was clearly uncomfortable by the presence of a strange man talking to her. Last man she had been in this close vicinty to for longer than a few seconds that wasn't a professor had gouged out her eye.... so her feelings were warranted. Her free hand slid a loose piece of hair behind her ear as she watched the man warily, refusing to take her eye off of him in case he tried something the moment she looked away. She wasn't stupid. She was a street rat after all.

Before she had to do anything to make the guy leave her alone though, Luke had appeared and was looking at the man in hostility. She slid a step closer to Luke and kept her narrowed eye on the man. "He better no be." She said simply, when Luke asked if the man was bothering her. And then he asked her if she was feeling okay and she was blinking in confusion at her best friend, all thoughts of the man washed from her brain.She blinked her eye, noticing his eyes on her hair. Self consciously she reached up to toy with a loose lock of her hair. Why was he staring at her like....that.... She gulped and licked her lips. "I'm fine." She repeated. This time not in a growl but more of a soft .... almost dainty tone. Of course nothing about Steffi was dainty so that was impossible... right? Her sounding dainty? She chewed on her lip and offered Luke a unreasonably nervous and shakey smile that she was trying to make reassuring.  

I hope they hurt you. I hope they scar you. I hope they heal you. 
                                                                                                You’ve got to weigh your
                                                                                                wars make sure you’re not fighting for nothing

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

Rawwry

Feral Fatcat

5,800 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:13 am
User Image
User Image
Single ♡ Halfblood ♡ Slytherin ♡ Third Year ♡ Orphan ♡

❝Oh! We're gonna let it show! We're gonna just let go of everything,
Holding back our dreams, and try, to make it come alive!
C'mon let it shine so they can see, we were meant to be somebody!❞

User Image
Aubrey frowned, looked for her sister's blonde hair or Luke's fiery red hair. Or any of her brother's heads actually. She stood on her tip toes, trying to peer over the crowd. That was obviously no use. Most people were taller than her thirteen year old self. Bree looked down at her white tank top, pink shorts and blue converse, trying to figure out a way to locate her group without getting even more lost or trampled. That was when she heard someone say "Steffi." Aubrey walked in that direction until she found who she was looking for. For the most part. "I finally found you guys...Erm, who's he?" The red head nodded to the man in front of Steffi.

Aubrey let her gaze slide down to his pockets. She didn't normally steal, or tried not to, but she did occasionally. Her problem being she was really clumsy. She'd usually get caught, then have to come up with some clever excuse on why she was reaching into the person's pocket or purse or wherever they had money. Bree's green gaze turned back to the man and she smiled a little.

User Image
❝Somehow... Someday... Someway... Somebody!❞

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:44 am
User Image

This one seemed popular all of a sudden, as three people appeared two of which knowing the girl. Jack eyed the group curiously as he could fill the tension building. It's what he got for trying to help out and do the right thing, but then he felt more obligated when he was also doing his job in the process. Although his specific job was just tracking and blasting darks, but helping the occasional lone girl worked too.

J ack had not been a lawkeeper in the states for all those years without being able to pick up on possible hostilities and intentions. Too many hands in pockets and eyes looking about the Hit Wizard for Jack not to fill sized up and gauged. They were just a bunch of kids, but kids carried wands just like every other witch and wizard in the magical world. That meant any of them could be reading a hostile spell, that was the biggest difference he could see from muggle and wizarding lawkeepers. Everyone was technically armed.

"Just tryin' to be a good Samaritan is all. Y'all don't need to be creatin' a fuss now I'm not here to cause in trouble. I'm here to keep that from happening as a matter of fact. Jack Reinalds, pleasure everyone," Jack nodded to everyone in turn with slightly less enthusiastic grin then he had before, "Newest Hit Wizard brought over from State-side to help out over here. If Y'all see anythin' a miss, you let me know."

Those who are by my side || Bunch of kids
While I strive with all my might || Looking to lend a hand
To turn this darkness into light Fair Way  

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:48 am
User ImageUser Image
Second YearGryffindorPurebloodSingle

Minn skipped ahead of her brother, grinning madly. They were at the carnival! How cool was that! It was the perfect thing to get them both out of the house! Dhyl had been cooped up doing nothing but practicing his guitar and being a bum, while she'd done nothing but read and try and play with the baby. She looked around, eyes wide in curiosity. "Come on Dhylly! We don't wanna miss the fun!" She grabbed her brother's hand and attempted to make the tall boy walk faster.

{OoC:}

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:02 am
User ImageUser Image

Fifth YearHufflepuffChaserPureBlood

Dhyl was much less enthusiastic than his little sister. She had dragged him out of the cool air conditioning to make him come stand in the heat and do nothing. As far as he could tell, none of his friends were even here. Joy. So it was hotter than the depths of hell... and his only company was his little sister. Blue eyes scanned the crowds, before falling on a sign for a Masquerade Ball? He hoped Minn didn't-"Ohmigosh! Dhylly! A ball! Can we go?! Please?! Please please please! I'll be the best ball-princess ever! Please?!" Too late. "Minnie, I don't know. It'll be full of people we don't know wearing poofy dresses, and we won't know who anyone is..." Minn's eyes went wide just as Dhyl realized his error. "We have to go now! I'll be your date and it'll be just perfect!" He frowned, then sighed at her pleading eyes. "Fine. Just no pink." She grinned brightly, knowing she had won. "Bright yellow it is!" The boy groaned in agony of a very, very long day ahead.

Wearing
Out Of Character:

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Rawwry

Feral Fatcat

5,800 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:46 am
                User Image
                User ImageUser Image

xxaitlin ngels
                                                      ≂≂≂≂≂≂≂≂≂≂≂≂≂≂≂≂≂≂
                                                      xFifth Year // Gryffindor // Chaser

When the wind passes by, I can feel it move me.
                                                          I just want to run. I just want to be free.

User Image
            Caitlin walked onto the fairway, looking around for her friend. She was in a dress, sandals and had a backpack slung over her shoulder, which held her Masquerade stuff. Cait took her phone out again, nervously checking for any messages from Jem. She chewed the inside of her lip, not even stopping when she felt it going raw.

Maybe she got the date and time wrong or something? She hoped not. Cait had tried to get her brother to go with her, but he was afraid there'd be clowns. 'And I'd thought for sure he was a Gryffindor...' Caitlin thought to herself bitterly, toying with the bird stud in her ear. Speaking of birds, she wondered how her best friend had been doing. Cait had only really seen her once last year. But seeing as Caitlin failed to attend some of her classes, she didn't get to see much of any one last year.

User Image

Made by Vampire Toy. Please do not change the code, claim this as yours, or share with monkeys. Especially not the monkeys. Enjoy!  
Event Archive

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff