Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Mafia Guild

Back to Guilds

Anything and Everything Mafia 

Tags: mafia, games, skank 

Reply T3h Mafia Guild
Mafia Chat~! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 29 30 31 32 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

123jimmy321

Tipsy Vampire

10,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Jack-pot 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:28 pm
Le King
Jimmy you do realize your Mafia game is locked, right? xD;
Yeah it won't be open till October. That's when the sign ups and games starts.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:58 pm
@ Jimmy: oooooooooooooh I'm stupid. K lol. I was busy reading the rules and skimming the other game. I have a thing.

@ everyone: I'm actually kind of interested in the mentality behind this bribes-are-a-okay policy.

I mean, sure, some people do actually play for fun and satisfaction of winning, but many would actually choose that sure 500k bribe over a small cut of the prize pie that isn't even a sure thing.

So hypothetically, let's go with me as an example and crunch some numbers.

I like winning. I can pick the people I like and bribe them to vote against people I don't like. I then get my bribed people to vote each other out.
1. People I don't like have a very unsatisfying game and get nothing.
2. People I like get my bribe money.
3. Math happens and me+1 win by sheer virtue that I s**t out gold bricks while other people are too poor.

I understand there will be counterpoints of "yes but you're just counting votes and ignoring the killers etc" and "what if people don't want to vote eachother out" and "what if they just turn on you" and that kind of thing. None of the these three points are actual problems when I'm sitting on a huge pile of gold. This just makes the killer the most expensive role to bribe, is all.

It's sort of my unsolicited input on bribing. Cause I saw that and I was like waoh o__O

Cause like if that's an actual rule you guys are going to stick with and a rich a*****e such as me walks in an decides to just buy the game, it's gonna suck really badly for everyone.

Can I have some input on if it's a common practice to allow bribes, or did something happen, or is there a backstory? Cause I feel I'm missing a whole lot of something (probably a heart emotion_awesome ) that makes sense with the bribe thing, and I'm just slow today. x-x  

Le King

Noob

123jimmy321

Tipsy Vampire

10,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Jack-pot 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:04 pm
Le King
@ Jimmy: oooooooooooooh I'm stupid. K lol. I was busy reading the rules and skimming the other game. I have a thing.

@ everyone: I'm actually kind of interested in the mentality behind this bribes-are-a-okay policy.

I mean, sure, some people do actually play for fun and satisfaction of winning, but many would actually choose that sure 500k bribe over a small cut of the prize pie that isn't even a sure thing.

I like winning. I can pick the people I like and bribe them to vote against people I don't like. I then get my bribed people to vote each other out.
3. Math happens and me+1 win by sheer virtue that I s**t out gold bricks while other people are too poor.

I understand there will be counterpoints of "yes but you're just counting votes and ignoring the killers etc" and "what if people don't want to vote eachother out" and "what if they just turn on you" and that kind of thing. None of the these three points are actual problems when I'm sitting on a huge pile of gold. This just makes the killer the most expensive role to bribe, is all.

It's sort of my unsolicited input on bribing. Cause I saw that and I was like waoh o__O

Cause like if that's an actual rule you guys are going to stick with and a rich a*****e such as me walks in an decides to just buy the game, it's gonna suck really badly for everyone.

Can I have some input on if it's a common practice to allow bribes, or did something happen, or is there a backstory? Cause I feel I'm missing a whole lot of something (probably a heart emotion_awesome ) that makes sense with the bribe thing, and I'm just slow today. x-x
There was a game I played in the forum months ago where some one bribed people out in front of everyone else to vote me out and they would get 10k for doing so and they wasn't playing the game at all in turned into a mess but I think only one or 2 people took the bribe and I made it to the next round and the game ended after that because of the drama. Of weather or not that, that was aloud to happen in a game.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:10 pm
123jimmy321
Le King

There was a game I played in the forum months ago where some one bribed people out in front of everyone else to vote me out and they would get 10k for doing so and they wasn't playing the game at all in turned into a mess but I think only one or 2 people took the bribe and I made it to the next round and the game ended after that because of the drama. Of weather or not that, that was aloud to happen in a game.

That's my point. What if he offered 100k?
Imagine me. I h8 u 5eva, I have 100k. More people would've taken it. Bam, you're gone because you can't re-bribe them 150k each to NOT vote you out.

And then the game was a mess, and you got almost voted out because you're 2poor, and then there was drama, and then the game was cut short.

So... if the rule is a bad rule... what exactly is the point of keeping a shitty rule around?  

Le King

Noob

Pandelic DJ

Shillys Bestie

34,400 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Best Friends Compassion 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:14 pm
I do hate the whole bribing thing, but its in Jimmy's game, so I have no control over it tbh.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:21 pm
Pandelic DJ
I do hate the whole bribing thing, but its in Jimmy's game, so I have no control over it tbh.
I'll take it out.  

123jimmy321

Tipsy Vampire

10,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Jack-pot 100

Le King

Noob

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:21 pm
Pandelic DJ
Oh no! I'm not saying he should change it. I noticed it in Jimmy's game but it's in the other game you guys just played, the one with 400 pages, and he just copy-pasted the rules and it was sort of there.

So it's one of those legacy rule things, that's why I'm bringing it up.

I completely 100000% stand by that it's a host's prerogative to do whatever the ******** the host wants if it amuses the host. lol emotion_yatta

Except that one time I hosted a New Year game. I think you played that one. When it was New Year and I got really really drunk and noticed "the host may change/edit/remove rules at any point in the game" in my own rules.........

.........and so the logical thing was to delete all the rules. emotion_kirakira

The rules actually read something like "there are no rules go wild, you can vote 10 times and make 10 kills I'll accept it" for like 5 minutes until... I think it was Bo? Someone. Someone yelled at me and I pasted the rules back before anyone noticed, and then I sobered up and regretted everything in the morning.

Yes that was a bad hosting decision......  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:22 pm
Le King
123jimmy321
Le King

That's my point. What if he offered 100k?
Imagine me. I h8 u 5eva, I have 100k. More people would've taken it. Bam, you're gone because you can't re-bribe them 150k each to NOT vote you out.

And then the game was a mess, and you got almost voted out because you're 2poor, and then there was drama, and then the game was cut short.

So... if the rule is a bad rule... what exactly is the point of keeping a shitty rule around?
I'm taking it out.  

123jimmy321

Tipsy Vampire

10,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Jack-pot 100

123jimmy321

Tipsy Vampire

10,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Jack-pot 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:24 pm
Le King
Pandelic DJ
Oh no! I'm not saying he should change it. I noticed it in Jimmy's game but it's in the other game you guys just played, the one with 400 pages, and he just copy-pasted the rules and it was sort of there.

So it's one of those legacy rule things, that's why I'm bringing it up.

I completely 100000% stand by that it's a host's prerogative to do whatever the ******** the host wants if it amuses the host. lol emotion_yatta

Except that one time I hosted a New Year game. I think you played that one. When it was New Year and I got really really drunk and noticed "the host may change/edit/remove rules at any point in the game" in my own rules.........

.........and so the logical thing was to delete all the rules. emotion_kirakira

The rules actually read something like "there are no rules go wild, you can vote 10 times and make 10 kills I'll accept it" for like 5 minutes until... I think it was Bo? Someone. Someone yelled at me and I pasted the rules back before anyone noticed, and then I sobered up and regretted everything in the morning.

Yes that was a bad hosting decision......
I remember that, that was one of my first games I ever won! I'll also make sue I won't get drunk during my game.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:26 pm
123jimmy321
Pandelic DJ
I'll take it out.

I'm not saying you should, just from things I've viewed from the past and as of what king said, it is only my personal opinion. Its your option to have it in there then have it ^^  

Pandelic DJ

Shillys Bestie

34,400 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Best Friends Compassion 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

123jimmy321

Tipsy Vampire

10,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Jack-pot 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:27 pm
Pandelic DJ
123jimmy321
Pandelic DJ
I'll take it out.

I'm not saying you should, just from things I've viewed from the past and as of what king said, it is only my personal opinion. Its your option to have it in there then have it ^^
But I did copy the rules and I saw that before King said anything and thought about taking it out but never got to it.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:37 pm
123jimmy321
Pandelic DJ
123jimmy321
Pandelic DJ
I'll take it out.

But I did copy the rules and I saw that before King said anything and thought about taking it out but never got to it.
~*~*~*~*~*opinionated youth with a valid opinion*~*~*~*~*~*~

That was the smartest thing I've said all day. emotion_yatta Why couldn't I've just said something as smart as that when my prof was like "you what's your name" in class today and I didn't hear him so the safe thing to say was "I don't know." emo emo

I didn't bring it up specifically to change it, I just thought it was a guild policy, and now that you took it out I'm kinda regretting saying anything cause like yaaaay free game with no effort. xD;;;  

Le King

Noob

123jimmy321

Tipsy Vampire

10,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Jack-pot 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:42 pm
Le King
123jimmy321
Pandelic DJ
123jimmy321
Pandelic DJ
I'll take it out.

That was the smartest thing I've said all day. emotion_yatta Why couldn't I've just said something as smart as that when my prof was like "you what's your name" in class today and I didn't hear him so the safe thing to say was "I don't know." emo emo

I didn't bring it up specifically to change it, I just thought it was a guild policy, and now that you took it out I'm kinda regretting saying anything cause like yaaaay free game with no effort. xD;;;
I never stated that it wasn't allowed at all.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:43 pm
123jimmy321
Le King
123jimmy321
Pandelic DJ
123jimmy321
Pandelic DJ
I'll take it out.

loophole exploit loophole exploit wahmbulance  

Le King

Noob

123jimmy321

Tipsy Vampire

10,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Jack-pot 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:44 pm
Le King
123jimmy321
Le King
123jimmy321
Pandelic DJ

loophole exploit loophole exploit wahmbulance
It's what I do best.  
T3h Mafia Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 29 30 31 32 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games