Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Questions and Assistance
question about another guild

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

bonneville shoreline

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:29 am
I AM only asking this question in here because it is a newbie guild and since you seem to know quite a bit about guilds I am hoping you can answer this for me and possibly for others in here

now while I completely understand that you have no control or say about what another guild does I am just wondering if this is something new or what

there is a button at the top of the guild where it says moderator panel and when I hover over it, well it says send guild announcement

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

it actually sends me to a screen where it looks like I could send a message
no two people can seem to agree in there if I could send one if I wanted too and just to let you know I did not send anything but how weird

is this normal to have this button for members to send announcements?
is this ability available to all guilds? or just certain guilds?
has the captain done something wrong to have this feature? or is this a pay feature for some reason?

something I think should be addressed for me and for future members of this guild just in case they come across something like this hopefully you can come up with an answer for me and others in the future who may see this feature  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:52 pm
bonneville shoreline

Ebania

Daypaw

Hello! Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

The Captain of the guild didn't disable, or enabled, the ability for members to send guild announcements. The moderator panel is usually only visible the Captain, Crew, or Moderators.

• This is not a normal occurrence, as far as I'm aware of. Members are usually unable to send announcements, or view the Moderator Panel at all.
  • I believe the ability to turn this setting on or off is available in all guilds. I've quoted Daypaw and Ebania to confirm this.
  • The captain hasn't done anything wrong, other than, maybe, forgetting to disable the setting for it. Guilds do not have any paid features; if anything pops up that asks you to enter a password or Paypal number of some sort, report it immediately in Gaia's Reporting Bugs forum.

Thank you again, and I hope this helped! I've moved this post to the Questions and Assistance subforum in the guild.

Eternal Rebellion

Inquisitor

8,950 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:02 pm
Unless one of the VCs or the Captain enables it, standard members cannot post announcements. It's possible that someone accidentally saved the settings with it active for regular members
The Daffodil Movement allows everyone to send announcements, my guilds are restricted to VC(s) and Captain being able to send them, so it depends on the guild and its purpose. If you're not supposed to, let one of the higher-ups know, so that they can fix it  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:36 am
Eternal Rebellion
bonneville shoreline

Ebania

Daypaw

Hello! Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

The Captain of the guild didn't disable, or enabled, the ability for members to send guild announcements. The moderator panel is usually only visible the Captain, Crew, or Moderators.

• This is not a normal occurrence, as far as I'm aware of. Members are usually unable to send announcements, or view the Moderator Panel at all.
  • I believe the ability to turn this setting on or off is available in all guilds. I've quoted Daypaw and Ebania to confirm this.
  • The captain hasn't done anything wrong, other than, maybe, forgetting to disable the setting for it. Guilds do not have any paid features; if anything pops up that asks you to enter a password or Paypal number of some sort, report it immediately in Gaia's Reporting Bugs forum.

Thank you again, and I hope this helped! I've moved this post to the Questions and Assistance subforum in the guild.

i finally got a hold of the captain, and he told me that he had set some box to allow members to send them. he said he has his reasons why
he also told me that the vice in that guild are not to happy he did this but oh well i guess its his decision to do this
he also told me so long as i tell a vice or him that i want to send one i guess he does not mind , well pending they feel its ok content so i guess its ok

but i think i would rather not send any at this time. i just dont wanna cause the guild any problems  

bonneville shoreline

Daypaw

Hardened Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:52 am
This is how the option appears (and this example is fairly standard setting):

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Any guild can change these settings at their whim, but yes, it is unusual for access to announcements to be enabled for anyone other than crew smile  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:08 am
bonneville shoreline

Just passing by with a random Hi!!! Remember me? I'm glad you're here at the NSTG heart Hope you're enjoying!  

Artistic Wizard

Angelic Spirit

☆ Questions and Assistance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces