Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Event Archive
Pumpkin Patch Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:10 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

You o f f e n d my D E L I C A T E little sensibilities....

"Does it?" Del smiled, looking down at the boy's bright eyes. "Then maybe we should! What will you do with it?" he asked, crouching down next to Monty, looking over the orange fruit. The child was fun to be around, to be honest. The excitable blonde always had something new to share. "A few years ago, my father and I decorated our house then with pumpkins," he said wryly. "I was a horrible child, though. We ended up with a pile of mangled pumpkins," he grinned. "Hopefully if you plan to carve them, you'd have better luck then I did."

.... My sexy blonde (and delicate!) N A T U R I S T sensibilities.

Yukina101

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:42 pm
But I think, I want to live with all my memories.
Even if they're bad memories.
Even if they're memories that only hurt me...that I'd rather forget.
If I keep them and keep trying without running away, then one day I'll be strong enough that those memories can't defeat me.
I believe that because I want to think that there's no such thing as a memory that's ok to forget

User Image
User Image
color=#F87431

Monty thought for a second as he continually pet his odd pumpkin. Should he carve it? No! He shook his head violently at the idea, it would hurt the poor Things! As he was trying to think of what to do with his new fruit Del Rey told him a short story about his own childhood making his heart swell that his new friend would share such things with him. "Ven me and Ma-ma used to live still in Germany, ve used to decorate leaves and place zem around ze house! Zen ve vould have tea parties or listen to ze radio...it vos much funner there." he added quietly still missing his homeland. He realized England wasn't completely horrible, he had made a new friend after all!, but Germany had been his home. It had been where his mother loved him most. Almost immediately his hand went back to his locket and a voice inside scolded him. Of course she still loves you! Stop acting so childish! Monty snapped out of his stupor as Del Rey called himself a horrible child making him come to his rescue. "No! Not horrible! Big bruder cannot have been horrible!" he said passionately.

Greycast

What happened to the memories of yesterday?
Did you store them neatly away,
Or maybe you scattered them around in your mind.
Only to be lost by the ages of time.
Bring it all in the open, and maybe you'll see.
A memory or two that used to be

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:56 am

Listening to the young boy's sharing admittedly brought about a nostalgic feeling in him. As Monty told him about what his mother and he did back in his home in Germany, it brought back a pang of longing for his own mother. When he had shared his own experiences with his father- - - which were the most fresh and the most vivid in his mind- - - what he had not expected was the emotional outburst the ash-blonde had had once he jokingly- - - or not- - - referred to himself as a 'horrible child.' Looking down at the boy, stunned, blue eyes met fiery hazel, the elder shocked at the amount of passion in the boy's voice and what he had said.

"Big brother?" he asked, still in disbelief. "Monty, did you just.....?"

He hadn't ever thought anyone would refer to him as big brother. Maybe once, a long time ago, when his mother was still here and he used to talk and run himself ragged telling stories about his day to his baby-sibling-in-the-tummy, prattling on about the things he did and the things they would do when his sibling had grown up. He had referred to himself using that term then, just like his parents did. It had been a long time, since then.

Yukina101

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:18 am
If I keep them and keep trying without running away, then one day I'll be strong enough that those memories can't defeat me.
I believe that because I want to think that there's no such thing as a memory that's ok to forget

User Image
User Image
color=#F87431

Oh no! Monty thought in fear. Too late he realized to take his words back since Del Rey had replied. He seemed just as stunned as he was that the words came out of his mouth. So instead he strengthened his resolve, while blushing furiously, and looked back up to the boy. "I haff talked to no one since moving here from Germany. Y-you are vurry nice a-and I'd like to zink of you as my big bruder." As he talked his words became softer and his head lowered as if he was afraid to meet the other's eyes.

Greycast

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:26 pm
۪T۫۰۪h۫۰۪e۫۰ ۪W۫۰۪a۫۰۪l۫۰۪s۫۰۪h۫۰ ۪F۫۰۪a۫۰۪m۫۰۪i۫۰۪l۫۰۪y۫۰

User Image User Image User Image
User Image User Image User Image

ᴄᴏʀᴀ walked through the pumpkin patch with her family, outerly serene, though she was actually quite annoyed. Her two twelve year olds had vanished on her, and she didn't think it was an accident. She should have expected this by now, but after the last festival or any sort they'd been too... she wanted all her children where she could see them. She bit back a sigh, noticing Vi looking at her with concern. "I'm fine, sweetie," she assured the little girl, picking up a small pumpkin and showing it to her. "Look at this little thing. It's like a baby, isn't it?" she smiled gently.

ɢᴀʀʀᴇᴛᴛ had an excited as usual Thea perched on his shoulders, who was crowing in delight at all the pumpkins. He glanced at Cora. "Ya know, if you're really worried, we could go root 'em. Yell at 'em in front of their mates, ruin their social lives forever," he joked with a grin. She just shook her head, muttering something about how they would never hear the end of it if they didn't "magically" reappear within the hour.

ᴜʀɪᴇʟ walked alongside his family, minus the twins, content. All the pumpkins were really cool, after all, and without Jess and Toby things were nice and calm, just the way he liked them. He smiled when Vi silently showed him the small pumpkin she'd hesitantly taken from Cora. "Look what Auntie found," she said so very quietly her cousin almost didn't hear her.

Uriel laughed. "It's pretty cute, huh?"

She nodded.

ᴇʟᴇᴀᴢᴀʀ trailed behind his older brother, talking happily with Thea. Despite the age difference, the two chatted like best friends, since he never talked down to his little sister, and she actually acted more mature around him, as if remembering when it had just been the two of them, alone on the streets. "Can we carve pumpkins this year?" he asked eagerly, getting a typical adult response of "maybe, we'll see". He seemed hopeful anyways, knowing his parents would cave eventually.

ᴠɪ stared at the small pumpkin like it was a treasure, ad clutched it like priceless gold. It was just so...adorable. She poked and prodded at it as she walked, humming an odd tune to herself. For once she seemed happy to be just doing nothing, outdoors, with her family. Though she missed Toby giving her a piggyback ride.

ᴛʜᴇᴀ pointed and gasped at the size of several huge pumpkins. "Daddy! Mumma! Look at that one! Ooh, and that one! They're so big!" She looked down at Eleazar from her perch, beaming. "Do ya see them, Lea?"

He nodded sagely.

۪F۫۰۪a۫۰۪m۫۰۪i۫۰۪l۫۰۪y۫۰ ۪i۫۰۪s۫۰ ۪f۫۰۪o۫۰۪r۫۰۪e۫۰۪v۫۰۪e۫۰۪r۫۰

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:54 pm

Watching the boy realize what he had said and blush enough to make a tomato proud and then answer him- - - well, what the boy had told him was anything but expected. When the boy had spoken about being new to the place and having not spoken to anyone since he had arrived, the blonde's heart went out to the younger- - - he did know how it felt to be alone, and different contexts or not, alone was alone. When he had said the part about thinking of him as a big brother, the boy had looked down, anticipating his reaction. The elder bent down and drew the young boy into a hug. Smiling, he replied, "Thank you. And I would be honoured to be your big brother, if you'd have me."

Yukina101

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:41 pm
User Image
User Image

((OOC: outfit in picture))

User Image

Ariana let out a shrilly scream and laughed as Dhylan scooped her up into his arms. She threw her hands around the boy's neck, feeling a lot safer than plainly relying on him to hold her up. Brown eyes searched the distance for a large pumpkin. Whoa, that's huge! she thought, staring off at one that stood out from all the others. Her jaw dropped slightly then closed a bit, so she could speak. "That is big!" she agreed. It was a lot bigger than the one right in front of their eyes. The next moment, Ariana felt as though gravity was pulling her down, but it was only Dhylan letting her back on her feet. Once she was safely standing on the ground, the redhead tightened the strap on her bag which had been falling off her shoulder while in the boy's arms.

Ariana continued to laugh and giggle as Dhylan placed the tiny pumpkin on her head. "What can I say? Orange loves me," she said before bursting into another giggle fit. The colour orange didn't love her. In fact, it was quite the opposite. That colour clashed quite horridly with the seventh year's bright red hair.

Miss GryffindorK

User Image

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:44 pm
User Image
I burn, burn like a wicker cabinet, chalk white and oh so frail
I see our time has gotten stale
The tick tock of the clock is painful
All sane and logical, I want to tear it off the wall
I hear words and clips and phrases
I think sick like ginger ale
My stomach turns and I exhale

User Image

I would swallow my pride, I would choke on the rinds
But the lack thereof would leave me empty inside
Swallow my doubt turn it inside out
Find nothin' but faith in nothin'
Want to put my tender, heart in a blender
Watch it spin around to a beautiful oblivion
Rendezvous then I'm through with you

Dhyl couldn't contain his laugh, so instead the sound erupted from him, making him seem a bit more odd than normal. After the girl had been safely set back on the ground, the tall teen looked her over to make sure she wasn't too rumpled up. When informed that orange loved the girl, Dhyl gave a nod. "You look good in any color, Ari. You should know that. I've seen you pull a load of colors off before!" He nodded enthusiastically, beaming in happiness.

kiska166

{OoC:}

So Cal is where my mind states
But it's not my state of mind
I'm not as ugly, sad as you
Or am I origami, folded up and just pretend
Demented as the motives in your head
I alone am the one you don't know
You need take heed, feed your ego
Make me blind when your eyes close
Sink when you get close, tie me to the bedpost

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:46 pm
User Image
User Image

Now that she's back in the atmosphere
With drops of Jupiter in her hair, hey, hey, hey
She acts like summer and walks like rain
Reminds me that there's a time to change, hey, hey, hey
Since the return from her stay on the moon
She listens like spring and she talks like June, hey, hey, hey

Chris chuckled, smiling. "Maybe brooding is the wrong word then, obsess, probably. Our father's a workaholic, and he spends as much time at his office as he can. Mostly because he likes the work, but he's single-minded that way. You know how that is." He thought for a moment, thinking of things they could do together, but ended up shrugging. Well, he could always take her out for something to eat, right? It didn't bother him to do that. "Well, how about dinner then? I mean, maybe actually get out and about and well, have some times to ourselves without potential stalkers, I mean. Can't be too hard, right? I'm pretty sure there's a pub or something around we can go to. And my sister's with a friend. He's basically got her all night." If the way he was not worried about his sister concerned anyone, they didn't know Eretria. After all, he was convinced that anyone do anything wrong, and they would be in real trouble from her, and not him or Chalmes. After all, she had a wand, and knew how to use it.

But tell me, did you sail across the sun?
Did you make it to the Milky Way to see the lights all faded
And that heaven is overrated?
Tell me, did you fall for a shooting star –
One without a permanent scar?
And did you miss me while you were looking for yourself out there?

--------------------------
State: Mischievous
OOC: ...
--------------------------

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:55 pm
User Image
Adalaide is...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // Looking Autumnal in the Pumpkin Patchspace
CURRENTLY // single // fancying // loving Chrisspaces
CURRENTLY WITH // No onespacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Excitedspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'So... many... PUMPKINS!' spacespac

❀ ❀ ❀ "Is this the last of our haunting?"
She says as she floats like an angel.
❀ ❀ ❀
═════════════════════════════════════════════════

Adalaide chuckled, her nose wrinkling. "What, you mean like a normal date? I'm not sure we're allowed to have those, Chris," she said, her tone teasing. She straightened out her skirt with her free hand and tossed her hair over her shoulder. It wasn't a bad idea, though. She was a bit hungry, after all, and it would certainly get them away from her friends. She smiled widely. "That sounds lovely, actually. Let's go." She found herself silently thanking whoever this friend of Eretria's was. She so rarely got to be alone with Chris in a normal setting... she felt like maybe they needed this.

═════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          ❀ ❀ ❀ You will never know until you let me go;
                                                          I'm hoping this will never end.
                                                          ❀ ❀ ❀

User Image

(( OOC: ))
** EXIT **

Diamond Wales

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:59 pm
User Image
User Image

User Image

Ariana shook her head quickly, but her mouth still wore a smile. "No, orange looks horrid on me," she stated. The girl doubted she ever even wore orange before. Or at least, she didn't after dying her hair red. And if she did.. Yikes! Ariana closed her eyes and shook her head, shuddering at the thought of wearing orange in public with her hair this colour.

Miss GryffindorK

User Image

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:11 pm
User Image
I burn, burn like a wicker cabinet, chalk white and oh so frail
I see our time has gotten stale
The tick tock of the clock is painful
All sane and logical, I want to tear it off the wall
I hear words and clips and phrases
I think sick like ginger ale
My stomach turns and I exhale

User Image

I would swallow my pride, I would choke on the rinds
But the lack thereof would leave me empty inside
Swallow my doubt turn it inside out
Find nothin' but faith in nothin'
Want to put my tender, heart in a blender
Watch it spin around to a beautiful oblivion
Rendezvous then I'm through with you

Dhyl snickered, then shook his head. "Nope. You can pull it off. Trust me, dahlink." He was teasing, using his stepmom's favorite word "darling" and accenting it in the annoying way she did, even if he was using it ironically, since Ari didn't actually know the woman. A blush touched the boy's cheeks, but he tipped his gaze to the sky, effectively hiding much of his face from the shorter girl.

kiska166

{OoC:}

So Cal is where my mind states
But it's not my state of mind
I'm not as ugly, sad as you
Or am I origami, folded up and just pretend
Demented as the motives in your head
I alone am the one you don't know
You need take heed, feed your ego
Make me blind when your eyes close
Sink when you get close, tie me to the bedpost

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:46 pm

User Image
User Image
color=#F87431

Monty was shocked that instead of harsh or spiteful words of rejection that he was drawn into a warm hug by Del Rey who said it would be an honor to be his older brother making an enormous smile break out onto his face. It was a smile so wide that tears formed at the corner of his eyes but never fell. "DA! Da da da! I promise not cause no troubles!" He clung tighter to the older boy before releasing him with a smile wiping his eyes a bit. "So, can ve get ze Things pumpkin?"

Greycast

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:22 am

The enthusiastic 'da's' coming from Monty brought a laugh bubbling up out of him at how happy the younger boy was. And, well, knowing he had brought that about admittedly caused a warm, fuzzy feeling inside him. He'd never had the chance to be a brother before. When he was released from the tight grip the young blonde had on him, he looked down and placed his hand on his head. "It's alright," he laughed. "Even if you cause trouble, as long as no one gets hurt, alright?" he smiled. Looking at the twin pumpkins clutched in Monty's hands, he nodded. "I suppose you can," he grinned. "We just have to take care of it."

Yukina101

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:28 pm
User Image
User Image

User Image

Ariana laughed when Dhylan called her "darling" in a funny accent. She hadn't understood that he was quoting, or making fun of, his step mother. Instead, she thought it was just Dhyl being.. well, Dhyl. He was a funny, awkward, and sweet boy, so Ari didn't think anything of it. "If one of us can pull off orange, it would be you," she stated. After all, he was the pale one with black hair. Orange would look ace on him. On a synthetically redhead girl with lightly tanned skin, that colour wouldn't turn out to be one of the better choices.

Miss GryffindorK

User Image

Event Archive

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas