Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Event Archive
Barn Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:36 am
A large red building with a floor covered in hay. A DJ is playing music for dancing and refreshments are provided.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:43 pm
User Image
Gypsy is...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // Looking Awesome at the Fall Festivalspace
CURRENTLY // single // crushing // lovingspaces
CURRENTLY WITH // No onespacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Hyperspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Let's hope that there's something to do around here...' spacespac

ஒ ஒ ஒ Who shot that arrow in your throat?
ஒ ஒ ஒ Who missed the crimson apple? ஒ ஒ ஒ
It hung heavy on the tree above your head ஒ ஒ ஒ
═════════════════════════════════════════════════

Gypsy stepped into the barn and was rather saddened to find that it was mostly empty. She sighed in aggravation, hoping that this so-called party would pick up soon. She'd come because she'd thought it would be nice to get away from school and homework and all that boring nonsense... but she'd not found a single thing to do. She also didn't know if any of her friends were here... should have probably talked to a few of them to see if they were planning on coming. Oh, well. She'd make the most of it, she supposed. She always did. There had to be something to do. She wandered over to the refreshment table and grabbed a drink, her expression thoughtful and bored.

ஒ ஒ ஒ This chaos, this calamity, this garden once was perfect
                                                          Give your immortality to me; I'll set you up against the stars
                                                          ஒ ஒ ஒ

User Image

(( OOC: ))

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:20 pm
jeѕѕαмιɴe αɴd тoвιαѕ wαlѕн
| тwιɴѕ | ѕecoɴd yeαrѕ | нυғғlepυғғ αɴd ɢryғғιɴdor |

User ImageUser Image

jeѕѕ and her twin weaved their way through the few dancers in the Barn, spotting a certain Ravenclaw at the refreshment table. "Gypsy!" She launched into a hug at the other girl, but slowed herself down a bit so as not to spill her friend's drink. "Hiya! We just ditched our family. Mum's going to be furious," she giggled. She knew Cora might be mad at first but would let it go, because really, what did she expect? The twins weren't going to hang around like goody-two-shoes, ahem, Uriel, just because they were told not to go off alone. She looked around and frowned. "This place is empty... Well, this blows."

тoвy nodded in agreement with his twin, grinning at their Ravenclaw friend. "You'd think there be some more..I dunno...partying. Pretty tame for a wizard festival." It had been his idea to sneak off, actually. he wasn't going to walk around with his brothers and sisters in utter boredom all night. Jess had quickly agreed, and after some strategic maneuvering, using the crowd to their advantage, they were gone.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:21 pm
User Image
User Image

ℐirst 𝒴ear ❶ ℳuggleborn ❶ ℛavenclaw

Wide eyed, the boy dashed through the barn door, slipping on the hay and landing on his butt. He let out a cheerful laugh, picking himself up and dusting off the seat of his pants. This was by far the most fun he'd had since school had begun, and probably long before that. The orphanage never offered much in the way of festivities. Catching a flash of familiar multicolored hair, he dashed up to his friend. "Gypsy! I didn't know you'd be here, you should've found me. Is Jer gonna show?" A wide smile plastered across his face, he began kicking his feet and nodding his head to the music. He was even more pleasantly surprised when he noticed the refreshment table. In seconds, he'd already downed a cup of cider.

Classes had been alright so far, Alex was getting along much better with accepting magic as a part of his lifestyle. The textbooks were a big help, he could read through them quickly and therefore understand. Understanding made him much happier, and it certainly didn't hurt to excel in school. Even the homework was fun, it was always much better than math and science. But even magic had some science involved- like in potion making. It was one of his favorite classes- he got to mix chemistry with magic and bottle the result. And being with the ravenclaws, nobody cared if he set the standard for something or got compliments from the teacher, because there was a whole house of students doing the same thing. They weren't nerds, they were just willing to be intelligent. Finally, Alex belonged.

Standing with Gypsy in the barn, he couldn't help but feel more at home. Gypsy's outfit was awesome as it always was. Sometimes Alex wondered how it was possible for someone to be so creative. He now noticed something about her outfit that made his smile grow even wider, making his face muscles ache. She was wearing a batman charm. The first year had idolized comic books when he was little, he had taught himself to read off them. Batman was just one of the few. He pointed to the charm and gave his friend a thumbs up, continuing to kick and sway awkwardly to the beat.

Noticing the two others that had just joined her, Alex offered his hand."Hi, Alexander Sherwood. First year."

❶ OOC: ❶

KlutzyChild

Gracious Gekko

5,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250

Rawwry

Feral Fatcat

5,800 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:52 pm
User Image

Muggleborn // Single

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

The Engels walked into the barn. Caitlin trailing a few paces behind Darren and Savannah a few paces behind her. Both behind for two different reasons. Cait wanted to give the younger boy some private time with his friends, not having an older sister hanging over his shoulder and Savannah wasn't sure she knew how to feel about all of this magic stuff. "Gypsy! Toby and Jess!" Darren shouted happily and made his way toward them as Cait and Savannah both drifted toward the refreshment stand seeing as both of them knew no one.

User Image  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:42 pm
User Image
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Let's hope that there's something to do around here...' spacespac

Gypsy grinned when the twins, Alex, and Darren joined her, offering a small wave. She should've known that someone would show up. People always did. She liked to think it was because of her magnetic personality. She rolled her eyes a bit at the twins. "I know, right? Totally dead in here. But, good job sneaking off. I didn't have of, of course. I'm here alone... sort of. I mean, Echo's around here somewhere. But he can take care of himself." She draped an arm over Alex's shoulder, pulling him close to her. "I didn't know you'd be here, kiddo, or I would've. No idea if Jer's lurking... which is a bit strange, now that I think of it. Anyway... Alex, these're my friends Jess and Toby, and Darren. They're all in my year." She smiled at Darren, noticing the two girls just behind him. Sisters, she guessed. She wondered if they were gonna be looking over his shoulder all night, or if he'd be free to go off on his own. After all, the gang was... well, almost all here. Enough of them that if they got a good enough idea, they could cause some trouble, after all.

ஒ ஒ ஒ

User Image

The Forgotten Weasley

KlutzyChild

Rawwry

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:50 pm

User ImageUser Image

jeѕѕ smiled at the first year. "Nice to meet you. Jess Walsh, second year." she introduced herself, then waved furiously back at Darren. "Hey Darren! Are those your sisters?" she asked, indicating Cait and Savannah with a nod of her head. She bopped to the beat of the music a little, dancing like any twelve year old dances. Horribly awkwardly, but blissfully oblivious.

тoвy smiled at Alex as well. "I'm Toby Walsh. We're twins." Not that that really needed clarifying, as they looked so similar. He spotted Darren and his sisters and nodded at his housemate. "At least this place is getting more lively," he commented, looking around at the small crowd beginning to from.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:18 pm
User Image

Gypsy rolled her eyes a bit at Toby saying things were getting more lively. Yeah, like five people had showed up. The place was totally hopping. She snorted a bit. "Please, this place is a snooze fest. I thought that it would be... fun. Like, dancing and stuff. People cutting loose. Apparently not." She pursed her lips, her expression growing thoughtful. After a moment, she smiled. "Hey, the bonfire looked like there was a real party going on. We should go there, see what's up. I bet it'll be fun." Without really waiting for an answer, she flounced off, heading for the door. If they wanted to join, they'd follow. If not... well, she wouldn't hold it against them, Not everyone had as short of an attention span as she did.

ஒ ஒ ஒ

User Image

Klutz super sorry but Gypsy and the Engels are up on the chopping block for the chaos so we needed to move them. We were gonna wait for you to get on and post Alex but stuff is starting soon! SORRY TTnTT

The Forgotten Weasley

KlutzyChild

Rawwry

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Rawwry

Feral Fatcat

5,800 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:25 pm
User Image

Muggleborn // Single

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Darren blinked when he saw, over Gypsy's shoulder, he's sisters leaving. They'd actually left him? That was...a surprise. Though, Cait did say something about hanging out with friends. When Toby mentioned more people had been coming in, he shook his head with a smile. When Gypsy suggested going to the bonfire, he nodded, "I'm down, Darren said quickly, before walking out of the barn, following Gypsy. The fire looked nice anyway.

User Image  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:42 pm

User ImageUser Image

jeѕѕ latched onto to Gypsy's suggestion like a leech. "I'm coming. A bonfire sounds fun. Maybe there'll be smores." she joked, following after the Ravenclaw. The brunette grabbed her brother by the arm, not even giving him the option of staying.

тoвy didn't have the chance to even say anything before Jess was dragging him along with a surprisingly strong grip. "Coming, I'm coming," he muttered, jerking free from his sister and pulling her ponytail in annoyance. She shrieked in outrage as they left the Barn.  

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:49 pm
The chaos is spreading...

It is engulfing people's minds.

It is deadly.

People are running, screaming, away from the center of it all. People push past each other, hoping to run as far as possible from this festival. No place is safe. Nowhere, because three deadly vampires are here. And they won't stop until all is dead.

Please don't trample each other.

Please don't cry.

On this autumn night.

Note: This is a safezone, so yes, the above message is highly hypocritical.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:46 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Corabell Kiremono~Hufflepuff Third Year~Half-Blood

Corabell pulled the barn door open enough to slip inside. She looked around, startled that it was entirely empty. She pulled Rowan inside with her, trembling slightly. "It seems empty in here, but we should check it out to be sure," she said, wand held ready.

shabatha

Relationship status: Dating Rowan Edgar Elliott.
Where am I? Barn
Who am I with? Rowan
What am I doing? Checking the barn for people
Wearing this outfit and Rowan's Gift
OOC: (( ... ))

Nanashi Kage Enjeru

Skilled Camper

23,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:19 am
User Image
♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ Rowan Edgar Elliott ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Been far away for far too long
I keep dreaming you'll be with me
and you'll never go
Stop breathing if
I don't see you anymore

User Image

Rowan went inside and looked around to see if things were okay here. Soon people would be seeking shelter here. He was sure of it. But currently at least corabell was safe... Oh gods.... He just remembered his mother was out there! Even if she got mad at him for not making slytherin house.... She was still his mother. He was about to head back to find her but his Gryffindor side wouldn't let him leave Corabell alone. He pulled his wand out as well and started checing places that could hide a vampire or other creepy person.

third Year/Gryffindor/Taken by Corabell
(O.o.C.)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:55 pm
Corabell Kiremono~Hufflepuff Third Year~Half-Blood

Corabell searched the barn, but found no hidden surprises. "It seems clear," she called, walking back over to Rowan. "So," she said, with a somewhat watery smile. "Want to come with me next time I feed the threstrals? You'll be able to see them now."

shabatha

Relationship status: Dating Rowan Edgar Elliott.
Where am I? Barn
Who am I with? Rowan
What am I doing? Talking to Rowan
Wearing this outfit and Rowan's Gift
OOC: (( ... ))

Nanashi Kage Enjeru

Skilled Camper

23,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:19 pm
User Image

The Lovettes……………………………………………………
Gypsy // Echo
Ravenclaw // Second Year // Looking Surprisingly NOT DEAD at The Fall MURDERFESTspace
CURRENTLY WITH // Echo, othersspacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Terrified, in painspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Oh, Merlin, this is awful...' spacespac
Ravenclaw // First Year // Looking Intact, thankfully at the Fall Festival... yeah, real Festive...space
CURRENTLY // single // crushing // singlespaces
CURRENTLY WITH // Gypsy, othersspacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Worriedspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Oh, God, I hope that Kas and the others are okay...' spacespac

════════════════════════════════════════════════

Gypsy had seen other people heading to the barn, making a beeline for it like it was supposed to be safe or something. The reason was evident when, upon her arrival, she saw several older witches and wizards casting various wards around it. She had to confirm with a man that she and her brother were totally NOT psychotic murderous vampires or whatever before he would let them in, but when he realized she was injured and saw how terrified Echo looked, he let them pass. She entered the barn, barely able to contain a small snort.

Echo glanced at his sister, a small glint of curiosity shining through the fear and worry. "What's so funny, sis?" he asked quietly, his voice a little shaky, the usual annoyance caused by being within ten feet of her doused by the fact that she had pretty much saved his life, and risked her own in the process.

She shrugged, biting down a scream when the movement caused a sharp stab of pain to tear through her. She took a couple of deep breaths, then tried to smile through the pain. "I was in here earlier and it was a total drag. Just thought it was funny that not even a bunch of crazy murderers could liven it up."

Echo rolled his eyes at his sister, his expression weary. Only she could find something to laugh at in a situation like this. Honestly, how did she do that? He sighed a bit. "Har, har, real funny Gypsy. Now let's try and find a Healer to take care of your shoulder." He noticed his sister giving him an odd look, and glared at her. "What?"

Gypsy started to shrug again, but stopped herself when the first twinge of pain registered. "I dunno. You just... it's weird, seeing you try to take care of me. I'm the eldest, after all, I'm supposed to take care of you, right?"

Echo rolled his eyes. "You're only a year older. I think I can manage to take care of you sometimes. Besides, I'm not the one that needs it. You're the idiot always getting into trouble."

Gypsy gave her brother a look of mock offense. "Idiot? Who, me? Why, I never!" She gave him a light push with her good arm. "Well, one of us has got to know how to have fun. I love you, kid, but you're boring. Like, if I had to choose between spending all night with you, or hanging out in his barn... I'd probably sneak off because both of those sound awful." She gave him a small wink, letting him know she was teasing.

He stuck is tongue out at her. "Well, sucks to be you, because it looks like you'll be doing both. Here you are, in the boring barn... with me. Perish the thought." The Ravenclaw sighed, looking around. He didn't see his friends anywhere... they hadn't gotten here yet... he hoped they were safe.

Gypsy chuckled, and then saw his look, saw him searching. She frowned. "Well, some super awesome hero I turned out to be. Swooped in and I only thought of myself. Saved my kid brother and left the rest to fend for themselves."

Echo stared at her. "Hero? Since when are you supposed to be a hero? Aren't you like... an anti-hero? Getting in trouble but with a good heart deep down and all that?"

The pink-haired girl laughed, and then choked a bit, because laughing hurt... she might have cracked a rib or two as well. "Look at you, using literary terms like they're real things. She ruffled her brother's hair, which she knew he hated but could never resist doing. Then, she glanced all around, making sure no one was listening... this was supposed to be a secret, after all. But she couldn't keep a secret from her brother. They might hate each other, but they totally loved each other, too. "You know that thing over the Summer? Apparently, I've been, like, recruited, or something, to some weird group of people who think they're like, heroes or something. Like, the leader-type guy was all white-knight and 'you must protect' and all this weirdness. Totally weird... Dunno why they recruited me. I mean, I'm totally an anti-hero."

Echo rolled his eyes a bit. "Yeah, right. And now who's using literary terms?" He dodged when his sister tried to slug him, laughing a bit. He didn't believe a word of it, of course. Gypsy was always making up grandiose stories about stuff like this. Still, it was pretty weird, and she'd seemed pretty confused by the whole thing... so maybe she wasn't making it up? He honestly couldn't say which would surprise him more, if she were, or if she weren't. "Seriously, Gypsy. We need to get you to a Healer so they can set your shoulder." If Gypsy lost use of one of her arms, she'd freak. She was left-handed, and the right shoulder was the one that was broken, but she had been training herself to use both hands. If an injury ruined all that work, she'd be furious... and so would Echo, honestly. She'd worked really hard for it, it'd be a shame if it all went to waste...

════════════════════════════════════════════════

Event Archive

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas