Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Event Archive
Craft Fair Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:42 am
Here, various vendors can be found selling their wares.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:10 am
User Image☾ ☆ ★ ☆ ☽Shayna Aileen Snow☾ ☆ ★ ☆ ☽
So come and dance to the beat, wave your hands together
Come feel the heat, forever and forever
Listen and learn, it is time for prancing,
Now we are here, we're Caramell Dancing!

// // // // 14 //

Where? --
With? ---
Feeling//OoC ---

User Image

Shayna smiled as she looked through the different stalls. They were all so... Different! She liked the differences of the stalls the best. Not just the wares.Of course she had already bought a bracelet and some candy for her brothers. Her mom and dad were taking the twins through the barn to look at animals for the moment and Shayna was doing well being on her own for now.

User Image

User Image

I want to Scream and Shout,
And Dance the Night out.
And Scream and Shout,
And Go All Out

Sapphire The Owl

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:52 pm
I can see, when you stay low nothing happens
Does it feel right?
Late at night, things I thought I put behind me
Haunt my mind
I just know there's no escape
Once it sets its eyes on you
But I won't run, I have to stare it in the eyes
Stand my ground, I won't give in

MARINA EUGENIE ALDRED
PROUD HALFBLOOD SLYTHERIN
SIXTH YEAR PREFECT
User Image
Though this might just be the ending: Calm | Of the life I held so dear: I don't know... I like this season... | I won't run: Damien | There's no turning back from here: Craft Fair |

Marina walked through the craft fair, hands in her pockets, occasionally stopping to look at wares being sold. Autumn was in fact her favorite season, and not just because it meant the return to Hogwarts. She liked all the colors of the leaves on the trees, and the way the air got somehow crisp and cleaner, and the way the breeze snapped at you playfully. Her mum didn't like autumn very much, said she never liked to see the leaves shrivel and fall off the trees. But the Slytherin didn't mind. Everything had to come to an end so things could begin, anew, right? Even if it was sad. She scuffed at leaves with her boots, and smiled to herself a little.

A hero is one who knows how to hang on just one minute longer

[No more denying, I've got to face it
Won't close my eyes and hide the truth inside
If I don't make it, someone else will
Stand my ground
It's all around, getting stronger
Coming closer, into my world
I can feel that it's time for me to face it
Can I take it?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:02 pm
User Image
Damien is...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // Looking Studious in Locationspace
CURRENTLY // single // fancying // loving Marina Aldredspaces
CURRENTLY WITH // Marinaspacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Happyspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Of course she chose this bit... good thing I came prepared.' spacespac

∳ ∳ ∳ For my entire life I never knew what love was like,
But now I've felt it's touch, and it's far too much for me to hold inside.
∳ ∳ ∳
═════════════════════════════════════════════════

Damien was following right behind Marina, a small smile on his face, his eyes alight. Of all the sections of the festival she could have chosen... but then, perhaps this was perfect. He never could resist buying her presents, after all. He just had to wait for something to catch her eye... And something would. He was sure of it.

His hand reached out to take hers, and he gave her a smile and a light nudge.
                                                          "Enjoying yourself?" he asked. He couldn't help but worry about what horrible, catastrophic thing was in store for them this time. After all, last time they'd gone to something like this... well, he wanted to duck out a bit early, whatever the case may be. Before things had time to get disastrous. He gave her hang a light squeeze. He was happy, really he was, but... there was a sense of unease just below the surface. His ears were listening, his eyes scanning, looking for the first sign of trouble... so that he could grab her and go.

∳ ∳ ∳ Feels like I'm on top of the universe, on a shooting star
                                                          Well, life feels so wonderful and every thing is by far so spectacular.
                                                          ∳ ∳ ∳

User Image

(( OOC: ))

[quote="The Forgotten Weasley"

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:21 pm
Does it feel right?
Haunt my mind

MARINA EUGENIE ALDRED
SIXTH YEAR PREFECT
User Image
Though this might just be the ending: Calm | Of the life I held so dear: I don't know... I like this season... | I won't run: Damien | There's no turning back from here: Craft Fair |

Marina nodded so eagerly, that for a split second she didn't feel like she was sixteen. She felt like she was six again, swinging on her parent's arms and smiling a grin full of missing baby teeth. But she wasn't a little girl anymore, she reminded herself as she took Damien's hand. But... she wasn't yet an adult either. She had one more year left of childhood, and she intended to make the most of it. Looking at her boyfriend, though she could tell he was hiding some uneasiness. After all, the last event like this had ended in a not so good way. She felt a little wary too, in the back of her mind, but she wasn't going to let it ruin a date that was so far going perfect: no one was screaming obscenities at her and no one had died yet. She kissed Damien lightly on the mouth before pulling away. "Hey. I see that look in your eyes. It'll be fine." she reassured him, and herself. "I mean, we both have wands and know how to use them, so if anything does go wrong...I'm not head of Dueling Club for nothing." she said mildly, before breaking into a full on grin, which was rare for her.

No more denying, I've got to face it
Stand my ground
Can I take it?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:03 pm
User Image

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Fall Festival - Craft Fair

David was at the festival with his family but the girls wanted to go do their own thing he guessed. He decided to walk around and separate himself from the family and just have a fun time. Looking around David noticed a particular brown haired Ravenclaw. "Shayna!" he called out racing over to her. "You here with your family?" he asked her. "Find anything interesting?" David asked as popped some candy corn in his mouth. "Candy corn?" he offered politely.

With: Shayna

Wearing: Fall Festival

OOC: ---

User Image
Ashton the Barn Owl

shabatha

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:50 pm
User Image
Damien is...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // Looking Studious in Locationspace
CURRENTLY // single // fancying // loving Marina Aldredspaces
CURRENTLY WITH // Marinaspacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Happyspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Of course she chose this bit... good thing I came prepared.' spacespac

∳ ∳ ∳ For my entire life I never knew what love was like,
But now I've felt it's touch, and it's far too much for me to hold inside.
∳ ∳ ∳

Damien gave her a light smile. She was right, of course. Everything was fine, and if it all went to hell, well, it wasn't like they were defenseless. Still, he'd like for, just once, the two of them to have an outing that didn't end up fraught with danger... he supposed the time she'd taken him shopping in London counted, but at the time, he think he would rather have faced Voldemort than try on a pair of those jeans... of course, he was wearing them now, so he supposed he should stop counting that as a bad date. Not that it'd been bad per say... just... awkward. What with him standing about awkwardly in fabrics he'd never even considered wearing and her giggling like a madwoman at him over it.

He returned her kiss, although his lingered a moment, and when he pulled away, he gave her another on her forehead, lightly squeezing her hand.
                                                          "Ah, you know me. I'm always worrying about something. I'm sure you're right. Everything will be fine." His eyes lit up when she smiled. It was a rare sight, and one of his favorites to see. He gestured towards the various booths and things, winking at her. "So, let's enjoy ourselves, shall we? And you know that means you're getting some sort of little trinket or something. Might as well tell me what you want; makes things easier on both of us." Damien's expression was mischievous. He was firmly of the belief that there was no point to having money if you didn't use to to enjoy yourself. One of his favorite things in the world was to give her gifts; so, obviously, the best use of his money was to spoil her. His father, oddly enough, agreed, although he did have something of a limit on how much Damien was allowed to spend... with the exception of anniversary gifts, an occasion on which Damien could do whatever he pleased. Damien wondered if he'd gotten this gift-giving penchant from his father, although he couldn't recall a single occasion on which Wesley had spoiled anyone... then again, the Wesley he knew now was a far cry from the man his father had been before. Perhaps it had always been there, but suppressed. Damien had a hard time believing his mother would've been grateful for anything she'd been given; she would have considered it her due. He pulled his thoughts away from that, not wanting her memory to darken his evening. She wasn't here to ruin his life anymore, after all.

∳ ∳ ∳ Feels like I'm on top of the universe, on a shooting star
                                                          Well, life feels so wonderful and every thing is by far so spectacular.
                                                          ∳ ∳ ∳

User Image

(( OOC: ))

[quote="The Forgotten Weasley"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:53 pm
I have screamed until my veins collapsed
I've waited as my time's elapsed

Now, all I do is live with so much hate
I've wished for this, I've bitched at that
I've left behind this little fact:

You cannot kill what you did not create
I've gotta say what I've gotta say
And then I swear I'll go away

But I can't promise you'll enjoy the noise.

User Image

𝔇mitri 𝕲rigori 𝔎amenev
я никому не уступлю
of house Slytherin ___________ Twelve Years Old
Second Year

User Image

The autumn leaves fluttered down to the ground, their veins cracked with a crisp wisp of breath that struck his ears with every step he took. Through the small throng of people, he spotted the pumpkin patch down a dirt path speckled in pebbles and even farther down lay the quidditch field and its stands. For now, however, he meandered along one of the craft stalls. His nose, and fingers procuring through the different scented candles at a venders stall, while his eyes and his ears held firm attention upon two certain individuals. His brother, however, would be here soon, and for that, he couldn’t wait. Dmitri could only do so much; standing and watching and listening and waiting was all becoming very tiresome. At times, his targets often became very very boring. It was all he could do to stay sane. ”I will be having this one.” He explained with the raise of his hand, a pomegranate and acai berry candle waved between his fingers. A sickle and a few knuts exchanged hands and he moved on like any other individual in the crowd, moving to a stall of pumpkin pie and pastries, that was, increasingly closer to a certain redhead and her companion.

Fire of Fall
                          1.5m (5ft) and 45kg (98lbs)

User Image

User Image

I guess I'll save the best for last
My future seems like one big past ________

You're left with me 'cause you left me no choice

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:27 pm
Does it feel right?
Haunt my mind

MARINA EUGENIE ALDRED
SIXTH YEAR PREFECT
User Image

Marina snickered. "You're going to give yourself gray hairs early if you worry too much, " she half jokingly chided him. "And I don't want a boyfriend that looks like an old man." At his wink and gesture she scowled. "Damien. The purpose of this date is not for you to spoil me with gifts." Having not been brought up with much money at all, she was unused to getting things this often, and especially for no particular reason. Not that she didn't ever not love whatever Damien got her... but she always felt like she had to get him something back, though she knew he'd probably disagree wholeheartedly. "Unless," she suggested, brown eyes glinting. "You buy something for yourself. Actually, yeah, I insist on that. If I get something, you have to get something." Ha. There. Take that, Mr. Oh Marina, Let Me Buy You Everything in Sight. She was rather proud of her conniving.

No more denying, I've got to face it
Stand my ground
Can I take it?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:38 pm
User Image

Cara Jane League
[Former Slytherin wife of Dr. Sinclair Alfred-Jon League]

Wand: Springy and Decorated Shaft//9 inches//Elm//Fairy Hair
Wearing: Proper in Grays and Blacks

AND

David Sinclair League
[Ravenclaw]

House: Ravenclaw
Wand: Supple and Smooth//11 3/4 inches//Hawthorne//Fairy Hair
Current Age: 11
Blood: The son of a squib and witch from pureblood families
Year at Hogwarts: First Year
Wearing: Fall Attire

Cara Jane League walked through the craft fair with her head held high and perfect posture. She would occasionally stop at a booth and amicably chat with one of the vendors. Behind her, book in hand, walked her son David Sinclair League who would glance at vendor's wares and return to his book. To him this was just another thing he was dragged to by his mother for her to show off. He sincerely hoped he didn't run into any of his friends though he did spot upperclassmen and one he thought was in Ravenclaw.

"Does Father know we are here?" David asked in a hiss coming to his mother's side.

"I told him we were visiting my parents," Cara said with a smile. "He was more than happy to get out of going."

"I can imagine," David muttered. His mother's parents were very quick to remind his father of the fact he was a squib and their precious Cara Jane could have had her pick of almost any pureblood: the scary thing was it probably was slightly true.

"Now stop reading and enjoy the festival," Cara said pulling the book with him with a look that dared him to challenge her.

He sighed, rolling the dark brown eyes he inherited from his mother, "Fine. I'll try."  

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:58 am
User Image☾ ☆ ★ ☆ ☽Shayna Aileen Snow☾ ☆ ★ ☆ ☽
So come and dance to the beat, wave your hands together
Come feel the heat, forever and forever
Listen and learn, it is time for prancing,
Now we are here, we're Caramell Dancing!

// // // // 14 //

Where? --
With? ---
Feeling//OoC ---

User Image

Shayna chuckled as she heard a familiar voice from behind her. She turned just as David stopped in front of her. "Yeah, Mom and Dad are taking Ryan and Carter to see some of the barn animals. What about you? Is your family here?" She asked curiously. She smiled at his offer and shook her head. "Just some cute things that I don't really need. If I find anything i'll let you know before I get it." She said smiling. She pulled out a box of Bernie Bots every Flavor Beans from her pocket and popped on in her mouth. "Ooh blueberry. No thanks, Want some Beans?" She asked sticking another one in her mouth, and smiled. Honey. So far so good.

User Image

User Image

I want to Scream and Shout,
And Dance the Night out.
And Scream and Shout,
And Go All Out

Sapphire The Owl

murruelecreuset

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:57 pm
User Image

User Image
"The violin plays a soft melody,
as my mind starts to feel ease.
Let the music wash over my soul,
make my mind pure and whole.
Let me be renewed."

Victor calmly walked into the craft fair portion of the fall festival, feeling some wind and chill he pulled his scarf tighter around him.
He had loosened it earlier at the bonfire, but now that he was away from the area...it was pretty chilly.

"Look at all ze booths..." Victor commented to Ronna, knowing he had to lead. He then noted some pumpkin pasties and smiled as he walked over to them to get some.

It was fitting actually, considering.

I feel hungry now actually you know?
My inner thoughts are, "Pumpkin pasties~"
I'm in the house of Hufflepuff.
I am a proud second year
My puppeteer says "..." Out of character.

mc2

Squeeky Luff

1,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:10 pm
User ImageUser Image
Blood Status: Muggleborn
Wand: Inflexible//13 inches//Laurel//Dragon Heartstring
Current Age: 12
Year at Hogwarts: 2nd year
Height: 5'3"

➳ ➳ ➳

[Wearing:[Fall Attire]
Company: Those at the Bonfire

➳ ➳ ➳

Hmm... does look like an ordinary craft fair.

➳ ➳ ➳

Ronna noticed Victor tighten the scarf around her neck and she had to agree. It usually was warmer down near Dover and she was wishing she had worn jeans or sweater tights instead of just shorts and thigh high socks which usually worked back at home during this time of year. She smiled as he admired the booths and followed him over to where the pumpkin pasties were... sweets one of those things she had no interests in though it did fit the season.

She then noticed the booth had warm apple cider and she happily ordered two and she handed one to Victor after she paid with the money she had converted that she had gotten from her Dad. "Apple Cider, the drink of the season. And warm. It's warmer down where I'm at: what about you?"

User Image

Squeeky Luff

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:18 pm
User Image

User Image
"The violin plays a soft melody,
as my mind starts to feel ease.
Let the music wash over my soul,
make my mind pure and whole.
Let me be renewed."

Victor smiled as he chewed on the pumpkin pastie, the taste filling his mouth.
These really were delicious, he wondered why he didn't notice them earlier?

Oh...right...he was muggleborn.

Noticing Ronna go over to the cider booth, Victor tilted his head, but...cider was, were they even old enough?
He doubted that, "...Umm.." He took the cider offered though, "We are underage though?" He replied motioning to the cider.
"Unless rule are different?" He then blinked at her question, "Ah...It's decent...it depends on ze time but around this month, it's usually chill in France."

I feel confused you know?
My inner thoughts are, "But I'm not of age?"
I'm in the house of Hufflepuff.
I am a proud second year
My puppeteer says "..." Out of character.

mc2

Squeeky Luff

1,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:43 pm
User ImageUser Image
Blood Status: Muggleborn
Wand: Inflexible//13 inches//Laurel//Dragon Heartstring
Current Age: 12
Year at Hogwarts: 2nd year
Height: 5'3"

➳ ➳ ➳

[Wearing:[Fall Attire]
Company: Those at the Bonfire

➳ ➳ ➳

Didn't smell alcoholic...

➳ ➳ ➳

"It's probably non-alcoholic and if not the vendor should get in way more trouble than we ever would," Ronna said. "Besides, there are differences in Muggle and Wizarding Law, like 17 is being an adult in the wizarding world. Dad's still trying to recover from that one."

She shrugged, "I always found it kind of pleasant in southern England during this time of year... that's where I live. I feel like everyone lives in the North and I am stuck living in the South. At least I have the White Cliffs, a castle-though it is more like a fortress- close and during the summer the beach is fairly close."

User Image

Squeeky Luff

Event Archive

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas