Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Event Archive
Craft Fair Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Squeeky Luff

1,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:12 pm
User Image

User Image
"The violin plays a soft melody,
as my mind starts to feel ease.
Let the music wash over my soul,
make my mind pure and whole.
Let me be renewed."

At the mention of non-alcoholic cider, Victor looked utterly confused, "But...then it's not cider?" He said, looking at the drink.
Was it really non-alcoholic?

Taking a sip of it, he didn't taste any alcohol...so it should be safe, though his mother always did like to drink...alcohol that she said didn't taste like alcohol, "Ah I only really had alcohol at dinner parties. Wine to be exact." He then tilted his head, "Is zat weird?"

He then listened as Ronna went on about where she lived, it sounded like a nice place, "I only ever visited Northern England." He then took another sip of the cider, "Since father has an estate over there." He then mulled it over in his head, "Yorkshire to be precise."

He then took out a pin with a white rose on it, "See...Even got this."

Victor then smiled, "A beach? Private right?"

I feel decent you know?
My inner thoughts are, "Oh home..."
I'm in the house of Hufflepuff.
I am a proud second year
My puppeteer says "..." Out of character.

mc2

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:49 pm
User ImageUser Image
Blood Status: Muggleborn
Wand: Inflexible//13 inches//Laurel//Dragon Heartstring
Current Age: 12
Year at Hogwarts: 2nd year
Height: 5'3"

➳ ➳ ➳

[Wearing:[Fall Attire]
Company: Those at the Bonfire

➳ ➳ ➳

Ah... Yorkshire... never been. Can identify it on a map.

➳ ➳ ➳

Ronna stared at Victor confused when he asked about a private beach. "Private?" She spluttered, laughing. "You do know what a policeman makes, right? Private beach. Yeah... that's funny. I live in a two bedroom house in a smaller town outside of Dover. The only real thing we have of interest is a museum about WWII. My Dad is a single father living on a policeman's salary..."

She shook her head still laughing and muttered, "Private beach... that's a good one."

Finally after a good minute she recovered and said, "You're French... don't they drink wine there at an early age normally? I mean it's like I grew up drinking black coffee... Dad's a police officer, only natural, right? And I'm pretty sure it can still be called cider if it isn't alcoholic, if not I suppose it is legal to drink at a younger age in the wizarding world so why worry? Alcohol laws weren't my interest so I never read up on them... sorry."

User Image

Squeeky Luff

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Squeeky Luff

1,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:04 pm
User Image

User Image
"The violin plays a soft melody,
as my mind starts to feel ease.
Let the music wash over my soul,
make my mind pure and whole.
Let me be renewed."

Victor was just confused as Ronna laughed at him, did...did people normally not have their own private beach?
As he listened to Ronna explain Victor suddenly felt guilty, had he offended her?
He hoped he didn't. It was just...odd to talk about these things.

Victor really wasn't used to it.

"Dover?" Victor blinked, so she lived in a two bedroom house? That seemed really small.
At least to him.

Victor shook his head, "Not normally...But for upper-class dinner parties...ze rules are sort of lax for the upper-crust."
The frenchman then nodded, "Oh...so I guess it would be okay even if this was alcoholic?"

The wizarding world sure was strange.

I feel confused you know?
My inner thoughts are, "I hope I didn't offend..."
I'm in the house of Hufflepuff.
I am a proud second year
My puppeteer says "..." Out of character.

mc2

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:13 pm
User ImageUser Image
Blood Status: Muggleborn
Wand: Inflexible//13 inches//Laurel//Dragon Heartstring
Current Age: 12
Year at Hogwarts: 2nd year
Height: 5'3"

➳ ➳ ➳

[Wearing:[Fall Attire]
Company: Those at the Bonfire

➳ ➳ ➳

Rules are always more lax for the upper-class... at least in Muggle world it buys you a better lawyer which gets you out of trouble easier.

➳ ➳ ➳

Ronna smiled at Victor's confusion and said, "Dover. The White Cliffs of Dover. There are dozens of poems and there are even songs about it. Wanting to get home to see the White Cliffs of Dover? Eh... maybe it is an English thing. They are pretty though, right on the seaside..."

She shrugged, "And I could bore you with various hypos about even if this drink was alcoholic even without me knowing the alcohol laws of the wizarding world. For example the vendor would have sold alcohol to a minor-me. And with these pigtails I don't think even I could pass as 17 if that was in fact the drinking age. I mean there are other possibilities of course but... like I said it would probably bore you."

"Dad and I sometimes talk about legal hypotheticals over breakfast if he works day shift," Ronna said with a smile. "Before we knew I was a witch he wanted me to be a lawyer."

User Image

Squeeky Luff

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:33 pm
User Image
Damien is...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // Looking Casual in Locationspace
CURRENTLY // single // fancying // loving Marina Aldredspaces
CURRENTLY WITH // Marinaspacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Happyspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Of course she chose this bit... good thing I came prepared.' spacespac

∳ ∳ ∳ For my entire life I never knew what love was like,
But now I've felt it's touch, and it's far too much for me to hold inside.
∳ ∳ ∳
═════════════════════════════════════════════════

Damien scowled. Why should he have to get something? It was his money and he could spend it on her if he wanted to! And what on Earth could be possibly find at something like this for him? "Don't be ridiculous. I don't see anything I want. You, on the other hand, are bound to find at least one thing. And you know I'll figure out what it is. So you might as well tell me." What was she on about, anyway? The purpose of the date might not be to buy her something... but it was to make her happy, after all, and he loved the look on her face whenever he surprised her... of course, this wouldn't be a surprise, but still. It took out the guesswork.

∳ ∳ ∳ Feels like I'm on top of the universe, on a shooting star
                                                          Well, life feels so wonderful and every thing is by far so spectacular.
                                                          ∳ ∳ ∳

User Image

(( OOC: ))

[quote="The Forgotten Weasley"

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:54 pm
I can see, when you stay low nothing happens
Does it feel right?
Late at night, things I thought I put behind me
Haunt my mind
I just know there's no escape
Once it sets its eyes on you
But I won't run, I have to stare it in the eyes
Stand my ground, I won't give in

MARINA EUGENIE ALDRED
PROUD HALFBLOOD SLYTHERIN
SIXTH YEAR PREFECT
User Image
Though this might just be the ending: Calm | Of the life I held so dear: I don't know... I like this season... | I won't run: Damien | There's no turning back from here: Craft Fair |

Marina narrowed her brown eyes, a stubborn light coming into them. Oh really? He wanted to argue that SHE was being ridiculous? "Damien, I have money. If I want something for myself, I can buy it. I'm not a child." She looked around. "And how do you know you don't want anything? It's your money, get something for yourself." He was speaking utter nonsense. He did not need to be come constantly buying her things just because they were dating. That was just stupid. She glowered at her boyfriend, daring him to argue.

A hero is one who knows how to hang on just one minute longer

No more denying, I've got to face it
Won't close my eyes and hide the truth inside
If I don't make it, someone else will
Stand my ground
It's all around, getting stronger
Coming closer, into my world
I can feel that it's time for me to face it
Can I take it?

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:02 pm
User Image
CURRENTLY FEELING // Annoyedspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Seriously? You're going to fight with her over this?' spacespac

∳ ∳ ∳

Damien rolled his eyes at her. She really was being ridiculous. He saw that look in her eye, knew better, but he couldn't help it. "I don't buy you things because I think you're a bloody child, Marina, I do it because you're my girlfriend and I like buying you things. And you're right, it's my money. Which means I can spend it any way I bloody well please." That small, rational voice in his head was screaming that he needed to shut up, that he was only going to make things worse, but it was being drowned out by the much louder voice telling him that he had just as much right to be annoyed as she did... maybe even more, because her annoyance had been prompted by his offering to do something nice for her! "I'm not a girl, I don't wear jewelry or scarves or hair things or any of that. The only things I like to have are books. And I don't see anyone selling books or things like that." Dammit, why did she have to be so bloody difficult all of a sudden? She'd never complained about his buying her things before! He glared at her, just waiting to hear what she had to say now. All the while, the teeny voice in the back of his head was trying to make its tiny screams heard, shouting 'mayday! mayday!' over and over... but he was too annoyed to listen.

∳ ∳ ∳

User Image

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:25 pm
Does it feel right?
Haunt my mind

MARINA EUGENIE ALDRED
SIXTH YEAR PREFECT
User Image
Though this might just be the ending: Calm | Of the life I held so dear: I don't know... I like this season... | I won't run: Damien | There's no turning back from here: Craft Fair |

Marina's glower morphed into a glare. He did not. Just. Roll his eyes at her to her face. She grit her teeth. "Maybe I don't want you to always buy me things, because it makes me feel like I'm free loading. Honestly, Damien. That's bullshit." A small part of her felt a tiny bit bad for cursing at him, but he'd said bloody around three times now, so what did she care? "You're not a girl?!" she echoed him in angry disbelief. "This has nothing to do with me being a girl! It shouldn't, anyways! Don't you think I might feel the slightest bit guilty, when you're always giving me things and I never have anything to give you in return?!" Maybe should be more calm about this, but he wasn't! He was supposed to be the logical one! So why was he acting like an idiot? "Don't be dense," she said firmly.

Stand my ground
Can I take it?

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:40 pm
User Image
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Seriously? You're going to fight with her over this?' spacespac

∳ ∳ ∳

Damien watched her snap, a sight both familiar and unfamiliar, it'd been so long since he'd seen it. Not since first year, actually... he returned her glare, his eyes flashing dangerously. Why was this making him so bloody angry? And yet, it was. "Free loading? What, like you bloody owe me? I thought this was a relationship! We aren't supposed to bloody owe each other anything! And even if we did... I mean, bloody hell, Marina! I... I was such a jerk! All my childhood, to everyone! And I was miserable, and you! You made me happy! And... And if anyone owes anyone anything, I owe you! For... for bloody everything! And you... you won't even let me buy you a bloody present!" For a second, his eyes shifted, and he looked miserable. She didn't get it! She was the only thing that was keeping him from ending up like his father had been. From marrying a woman like his mother, from living a miserable life meeting the expectations of others and ignoring his own wants. Even if they broke up, even if he didn't marry her, stay with her, if she left him (because let's face it, there was no way he was breaking up with her), he would still be better off, because she'd already changed things, and there was no going back! And she bloody felt guilty because he wanted to give her a gift? Where was the logic in that? He ground his teeth, his eyes hurt and angry. "Dense... you think... I'm being dense... of course you do. Of course. Because you think... You think you don't have anything to give me! You don't bloody need to give me anything! You gave me everything and I have nothing! All I have is my name and my family's money! I was going to end up a miserable, horrid prat, sitting in that bloody manor with some b***h for a wife and prats for children and money to spend on nothing! And I've actually got something worthwhile I could do with it, and you want to bloody fight with me about it!" He huffed, not knowing where all this was coming from... he'd always felt rather like he was lacking somewhat in their relationship. She'd made him a better person, and what had he done for her? He couldn't think of a single bloody thing, except the gifts, which apparently she didn't bloody like because it made her feel beholden to him. As if she could ever owe him over something so stupid.

∳ ∳ ∳

User Image

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:14 pm
Does it feel right?
Haunt my mind

MARINA EUGENIE ALDRED
SIXTH YEAR PREFECT
User Image

Marina wasn't about to calm down. Oh hell no. "Then why do you keep acting like you owe me?! I'm not some pure, innocent angel who was destined to redeem you! You owe me. Nothing. Yeah, you were a right little git! You grew up! Maybe I influenced you a little, by constantly being on your case about being a jerk, but you're your own person! I did not single-handedly make you into the man you are today! I might have helped a little along the way, but really!" Her hands curled into fists. "You think I'm so, so good and you're some villain! You're not! You never were! You were a little boy, Damien. A little boy terrified of not living up to his parents' expectations. Your mother made you the way you were. It wasn't. Your. Fault," she spat. Didn't he see all the things wrong with her?! She was the one who was always angry, and bitter, and paranoid. Secretly, she was terrified of the day he realized he could do better, and moved on to a nice, sweet, happy girl. Not her. "I could never give you enough," she snapped, her voice ragged. "You saved my life when you hated me, Damien, because it was the right thing to do. Would I have done that? I don't know, because I was a bitter little girl who grew up feeling like she was a freak because the kids at school said so. When I was eleven I had two emotions, angry and neutral." She stared him down. "I hate it when you say things like that. You're brave, and loyal, and loving, and kind and what do you think I would be like, without you? I'd be alone. Do you think any other guy would be able to put up with me? No."She exhaled sharply. All of this over a fricking present. What was wrong with her? What was wrong with him? She folded her arms over her chest moodily. She kind of wanted to hit him right now.

Stand my ground
Can I take it?

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:43 pm
User Image

∳ ∳ ∳

Damien's face fell as she went off on him. She was right, of course she was right... he thought that perhaps she was underplaying her role in keeping him from growing up into a git, but all in all, she was right. They weren't supposed to owe each other anything. They were just supposed to be together. He ground his teeth. Great. Now she was upset and feeling all insecure. He wanted to hit himself for being such an idiot. He sort of wished she'd do it; she wanted to, he knew it. He could see it in her eyes. He debated for a moment, unsure of what to do. After a moment, he let out a small, aggravated sigh, wondering how they'd managed to turn a perfectly nice outing into an argument. "You're right. I'm... I'm being a bloody idiot again, aren't I?" He stepped up to her and wrapped his arms around her, ready for her to fight back or push him away, but hoping she wouldn't. His hands rubbed her shoulders, and he laid his head next to hers, his face in her neck. It was a bit awkward, with her shoulders tensed up like they were, but he made it work. He sighed. "You would've saved me. I know it. Because as obnoxious as we both were to each other, you were a good person. I don't doubt that for a second, ever. And anyone who ever called you a freak is wrong, because you're wonderful... the only freakish thing about you is the fact that you can put up with me." He chuckled a bit, the sound both happy and sad at once. "And I'm never going to let any other guy get the chance to even try to put up with you. Because you're mine. I love you." The words hung in the air, seeming somehow incomplete, like there was something else to be said, but he couldn't think of what. He was prepared for her to stay angry, to shove at him and yell at him and do whatever she wanted, but seeing her upset like this reminded him of the day she'd run out of the Great Hall because of his mother, and he didn't like thinking of her feeling that way. Even first year, when they'd hated each other, he'd never hurt her, not really... but then, that had probably been because she didn't care enough about him to be hurt by him. Now she did, and he needed to keep that in mind, because he was the last person on Earth who should ever hurt her.

∳ ∳ ∳

User Image

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:56 am
I have screamed until my veins collapsed
I've waited as my time's elapsed

Now, all I do is live with so much hate
I've wished for this, I've bitched at that
I've left behind this little fact:

You cannot kill what you did not create
I've gotta say what I've gotta say
And then I swear I'll go away

But I can't promise you'll enjoy the noise.

User Image

𝔇mitri 𝕲rigori 𝔎amenev
я никому не уступлю
of house Slytherin ___________ Twelve Years Old
Second Year

User Image

No. He cried mentally, his brows concaving in and his shoulders slumped miserably. No, no, no, no, no! He wanted to scream. C’mon! He rolled his eyes and tried not to bang his head on the wooden pillar of a vendors cart. A heavy sweat drop rolled down the back of his head as he pretended to be surveying scarves, muttering to the owner of the fine silk about his cousin’s birthday that was coming up, all the while, keeping close tabs on a pair of arguing voices. He couldn’t believe it, were they really fighting over the act of gift giving? It was incredulous! It was all he could do to not to stamp right out of the craft fair and throw himself into the recessed of the cold Black Lake. Dammit, Vlad, you were to be here already, where the Hell are you?! He mentally beseeched. This was going to drive him insane if he had to watch anymore of this..

And—aw—awwww, ewwww! Now they’re making up! He wanted to gag!

Fire of Fall
                          1.5m (5ft) and 45kg (98lbs)

User Image

User Image

I guess I'll save the best for last
My future seems like one big past ________

You're left with me 'cause you left me no choice

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:05 am
Go to heaven for the climate and hell for the company.
Vladimir Lyov Kamenev
Durmstrang Student, Team Musta

Right now I’m having amnesia and déjà vu at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before.

User Image
Fourteen Years Old
1.7m {5' 7"}, 65kg {145lbs}
Vanille Insensee

Bony fingers tapped restlessly against the strap of leather that coiled around his shoulders, his satchel beat noisily into his thigh with every step he took. He wasn’t even sure if he was allowed to be here, really, because he hadn’t at all asked for leave of Durmstrang. But still, it was a Fall Festival, and hundreds of people would be gathered—no one would notice him, anyway. His lips perched on the end of a cigarette, the ashen remains fell off and scattered like dust in the wind. He surveyed the pumpkin patch, first, seemingly the easiest place to scout out his little cousin. But he wasn’t there, so he moved on. Not too many were gathered in the barn, but he took a moment to glance within and spotted several children, none of whom he was looking for. It wasn’t until he stumbled around the craft fair, looking over the heads of the smaller children until his hand clamped down on top of Dmitri’s shoulders. ”There you be, cousin.” Vlad’s deep and thick voice held the rasp of a dense Russian accent. ”I was looking all for you, high and low, you been well in de school, ah?” He laughed, senselessly teasing the younger boy. He was, of course, one of the only Kamenev to walk through the halls of Hogwarts in a long, long time.

”Vun along now, little cousin, I vill have it from here.” Vlad had never see Dmitri look so relieved in his life before. The younger of the two gave a grin, muttered something rapidly in Russian that Vlad had only barely heard before the little bugger ran off and mentioned something about the quidditch game. Of course…

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:34 pm
Does it feel right?
Haunt my mind

MARINA EUGENIE ALDRED
SIXTH YEAR PREFECT
User Image
Though this might just be the ending: Annoyed | Of the life I held so dear: Stupid... I like this season... | I won't run: Damien | There's no turning back from here: Craft Fair |

Marina twitched a little at the look on his face; he looked like a kicked puppy and now she felt sort of horrible for exploding like that on him. She was still angry at him, of course, but she could have had a little more self control. "Maybe," she said darkly, staring at her feet. Boys. They caught on so late. The redhead didn't push him away when he wrapped his arms around her, but she didn't reciprocrate his hug either. She huffed as he laid his face in her neck. "Fine. I'm not a freak and you're only an idiot sometimes. A bloody idiot," she mimicked him. She snorted. "You're mine too then," she warned him, but looked like she might relent for a second. "I'm still mad at you," Marina told him decisively. "And if you even think of trying to buy me something tonight I swear I'll punch you. But I do love you too." They'd never really had a fight like that before. It had started over something so silly, and ended up opening multiple cans of worms. He'd calmed down first, of course, before things got really ugly and one of them said something they'd regret. She was still seething inside, not ready to apologize just yet. Let him think he was in trouble a little while longer.

Stand my ground
Can I take it?

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:45 pm
User Image

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Fall Festival - Craft Fair

David could just imagine the fun the boys were having. “Yeah cousins and all.” He answered. “The girls wanted to I think go to the pumpkin patch so we separated. I was with my sister at one point don’t know where she disappeared to though.” He explained. “Same here but who said we had to buy things we need?” David asked her with a smile on his face. When she offered the beans he thought about it. Did he really want to take the risk…? “Sure I’ll give it some luck.” He said grabbing one and popping it into his mouth. Chewing for only a second he made a face like he’d ate something awful. “Yuck! That gives a whole new meaning to watching your mouth out with soup.” he said tossing candy corn in his mouth to get rid of the taste. “Just my luck…”

With: Shayna

Wearing: Fall Festival

OOC: ---

User Image
Ashton the Barn Owl

shabatha

Event Archive

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers