Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:52 am
The Ballroom is one HUGE room, with a wide hardwood floor that has become dusty and dirty from lack of cleaning. It is dark here, save for on one wall where a large fireplace with crackling flames... but oddly, the flame is a bright cyan blue! It makes you colder as you approach it...

More slashes have been torn through the peeling wallpaper. The Year-round tree in the corner is covered in spiderwebs and brown pine needles, and something with glowing red eyes seems to be hiding in the branches...

Suitably creepy music is playing, and the place is lit by floating candles candles... and the flames are the same chilly blue as the fireplace.

Halloween Playlist so far

Moon Trance
Monster Mash

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:54 pm
Moonie walked across the hardwood floor away from the refreshment table towards the large fireplace. The cyan blue flames caught her attention and she curiously drew closer to it until the chill from the fire seeped through the fabric of her gown. While it probably would be refreshing after a long period of dancing, being near the chilling fireplace when she hadn't done anything active wasn't ideal.

I wonder who is in responsable for this place, thought Moonie, fingering the brown pine needles of the tree, avoiding any contact with the spiderwebs that were spun between the branches. Certainly seems quite run down... unless they specifically made it look like this for the Halloween season.  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:50 pm
As Moonie strode and explored around the ballroom, she heard the floorboard creek under her shoes, and the scurry of what seemed to be rats in the walls. A few bats flew overhead.

Near the Year-Round Tree is a raised platform not discreetly obvious... infact well hidden in the gloom. It was empty... at least until she started playing with the tree.

Small blue flames lit in various places of the stage, growing larger and taller slowly...

~~~

I wandered around the ballroom, my hair swishing about behind me as I walked; eventually approaching the tree and standing next to Moonie.

This place has quite the atmosphere. I said, looking at a bat flying around the ceiling.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:51 am
Moonie pulled her hand away as she slightly jumped seeing blue flames light up on the stage she hadn't noticed before. The sound of rats in the walls and bats flying overhead didn't bother her; she was used to that. The blue flames, on the other hand, was a different story. She stared at the growing flames in confusion before her attention was grabbed a voice addressing her.

"Yes," replied Moonie. "It certainly has its... charms."  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:02 am
The flames continued to grow, until they emitted a sound that echoed through the ballroom. The sound of a breath, a heartbeat, then the sound of a plucking string; a disembodied human voice, as the flames grew taller and took on the forms of... spirits. One was clearly female and held a violin; she was dressed in all black and had a black mourning veil falling before her eyes; there were others with instruments of different verities; though they seemed more 'faded out' then the ghostly violinist. As the sounds continued, she put the bow to the violin and started to play. And with that, the rest of the ghostly band started to play as well.

((Current song: Moon Trance - Lindsey Stirling.

And the Violinist User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.))

I giggled as I watched the flames. Looks like the band was waiting to make an entrance!

The music echoed through the ballroom, and I smiled. I bopped my head and tapped my foot to the music, then starting to sway to the ghostly tune.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:51 pm
Moonie let out an amused breath of air in response to Okami's comment. She had to give it to the ghostly band, they certainly did make a great entrance and their intro song selection was impressive. A smile appeared on her face as she felt the power of the music seep through her body, making it harder for her to resist the urge to dance. That was the main reason she came to this masquerade after all, right? Why come and not do the very thing she wished to do?

"You gonna stay off to the side all night?" teased Moonie, as she flashed a smile in Okami's direction as she backed up onto the dance floor. "Or are you gonna help me get more of the guests on the dance floor?"

She seemed to skip the rest of the way towards the center of the ballroom, the material of her bustle bouncing and rustling behind her. Once there she slowly let the mental walls that kept her in her regal-like state fall, allowing her to grow more relaxed and more receptive to the music. It didn't take long before Moonie began doing a strange combination of ballroom, ballet, and modern/interpretative moves.  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:10 pm
I returned the smile that Moonie had given me. I followed her towards the center of the dance floor slowly, timing each step with the music.

Soon I had reached the center as well, and I stood on my tip toes, starting to dance and move to the music that echoed through the hall. I swayed, spun, clapped and leapt, taking a little bit from every dance style I knew.

I even took my gun off my back; the sniper rifle was very long, taller then I was; capable of firing large shells as well as arrows. It was rather heavy, but I handled it with ease as I spun it around like a baton and danced with it almost like it was a partner. Then I slammed the butt to the floor (which gave a loud creeeek in response) and spun around it like a pole-dancer as the beat picked up.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:02 pm
Moonie watched Okami dancing to the music out of the corner of her eye when she wasn't doing turns and various movements herself. She laughed seeing Okami use her sniper rifle as a surrogate pole for her pole dancing-style moves. Although she appeared cheerful on the outside, Moonie was a bit unnerved by the presence by the gun. It wasn't that she had bad experiences with guns in the past; they just simply made her uneasy. And being in this eerie mansion on a Halloween night... having a rifle in a place like this seemed like a bad combination.  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:06 pm
Soon the music drew to a close, and the ghostly spirits that were the band started to shuffle among themselves for a moment. The violin vanished from the lady spirits hands.

Everyone~! The young spirit's voice echoed through the ballroom. It sounded very young, like a child was speaking. It is a pleasure to welcome you all back to the Why Not Mansion. It's been so long since we had the pleasure of playing for guests. We will play for you all night long, and if you have a request, feel free to ask. She bowed deeply, as the band with their new variety of instruments started to play. She seemed to vanish for a moment, before re-appearing.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

She was wearing a long white lab coat stained with green sludge, with a pair of silver goggles on her head. Her long silvery blue hair had been tied back into a bun.

The music started with a long creek, the some rattling of chains, some drums and the bubbling of chemicals. I got a big smile when I landed on my feet after a rather... enthusiastic twirl. I quickly strapped my gun to my back.

The spirit started to sing, but not in the light, childlike voice that she had spoke in before, or even the more womanly vocalizations of the last song. It was much deeper, and sounded like a male's voice this time. She started to sing, swaying slightly back and forth.

♪♫ ~ I was working in the lab late one night,
When my eyes beheld an eerie sight,
For my monster from his slab began to rise,
And suddenly, to my surprise...

He did the mash!
He did the Monster Mash!
The monster mash!
It was a graveyard smash!
He did the mash!
It caught on in a flash!
He did the mash
He did the Monster Mash!

From somewhere the spirit was getting backup from a bunch of female voices... or was she singing it all herself?

I was dancing already; the Monster Mash was the type of dance that mainly meant you were flailing around like a limb was about to fall off.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:51 pm
Moonie ceased her dancing as the music came to an end and the lead spirit lady spoke out to the dance floor. She looked over her shoulder from the corner of her eye to see if anyone else had joined Okami and her on the dance floor; a frown appeared on her face seeing the lack of new dancers. While she understood that dancing wasn't everyone's forte... Moonie felt that it was foolish for someone to attend a dance-oriented event, if they weren't going to dance.

"He did the mash!" sang along Moonie, as a smile reappeared on her face as she swayed to the music again. Her moves seemed to resonate a 70s/80s vibe. "He did the Monster Mash! The Monster Mash! It was a graveyard smash!"

((The first thing I thought when I saw the spirit lady's new attire was Dr. Horrible, lol. xd You didn't happen to take inspiration from his look, did you? ))  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:12 am
((Nope! Actually, I was going for a general mad scientist vibe. But it's funny to think of the coincidence.))

The Spirit continued to sway to the music, singing with the deep voice.

♫♪ ~ From my laboratory in the Castle East,
To the master bedroom where the vampires feast.
The ghouls all came from their humble abodes...
To get a jolt from my electrodes!

They did the Mash
They did the Monster Mash!
The monster Mash
They did the Mash
It caught on in a flash!
They did the Mash
They did the Monster Mash!

The zombies were having fun,
The party had just begun!
The guests included Wolf Man...
Dracula and his son!

The scene was rockin', all were digging the sounds,
Igor on chains, backed by his baying hounds.
The coffin-bangers were about to arrive,
With their vocal group, "The Crypt-Kicker Five!" ~ ♫♪

More flames started to form in the air as they had on the stage, this time,twirling around in pairs. They grew and formed into many fully fledged spirits, dressed in funky retro costumes that included things like Frankenstein, Werewolves, vampires, and other monsters. They were all dancing some 70/80's dance.

As I danced around, I found myself getting one of these ghostly partners. He looked kind of someone had dressed Elvis as a werewolf...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:00 am
Moonie's eyes widened in surprise and amazement as the blue flames formed into various spirits in retro interpretations of the classic Halloween figures and other similar supernatural creatures. She watched as they drifted down onto the dance floor joining Okami and her. A look of surprise came across her face as one of the vampires glided over and joined her in dance; he had a similar appearance to Ian Somerhalder and was wearing a Victorian-styled suit and a black cape - reminding Moonie of Dracula's classic look. He flashed a smile at Moonie which she couldn't help but return in response.

"Enjoying the party, I hope," said the vampire. Just like his appearance, his voice matched Somerhalder's.

"So far, yes," replied Moonie. "It has proven to be quite enjoyable."

"Well, the party's just getting started," said the vampire, leaning in to whisper the words into Moonie's ear. A wide smile graced his face while mischief sparkled in his eyes.

Moonie's heart skipped a beat by the nearness of the vampire spirit. She wasn't sure if it was because of him being a ghost of sorts, the words he spoke, or the fact that she found Ian Somerhalder attractive and as a result, this vampire as well. All she knew was that she was enjoying her time dancing with the vampire spirit and wasn't ready to let it end just quite yet.  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:53 pm
They played the Mash
They played the Monster Mash!
The Monster Mash!
They played the Mash!
It caught on in a Flash!
They played the Mash!
They played the Monster Mash!

Out from his coffin, Drac's voice did ring,
Seems he was troubled by just one thing...
He opened the lid and shook his fist,
And said,
"Vhatever happened to my Transylvania tvist?"
As she sand this bit, the spirit lifted her arm and shook her fist towards the ceiling.

It's now the Mash!
It's now the Monster Mash!
The Monster Mash!
And it's a graveyard smash!
It's now the Mash!
It's caught on in a flash!
It's now the Mash!
It's now the Monster Mash!

Now everything's cool, Drac's a part of the band
And my monster mash is the hit of the land
For you, the living, this mash was meant too
When you get to my door, tell them Boris sent you

Then you can Mash!
Then you can Monster Mash!
The Monster Mash!
And do my graveyard smash!
Then you can Mash!
You'll catch on in a Flash!
Then you can Mash!
Then you can Monster Mash!

The music quieted down again, and once again did the spirit vanish. She returned again, with skull facepaint on her visage and wearing a black and red double breasted jacket and a black and red skirt.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I took one look at her outfit and smiled.

Of course! You can't have a halloween Masquerade without...

The music started up again, a steady haunting beat. With this song her voices started to change after every two lines or so, mimicking the singers of the original...

Boys and girls of every age,
Wouldn't you like to see something strange?

Come with us and you will see...
This our town of Halloween!

This is Halloween! This is Halloween!
Pumpkins scream in the dead of night!

This is Halloween, everybody make a scene!
Trick or treat till the neighbors gonna die of fright!
It's our town, everybody scream!
In this town of Halloween...

I am the one hiding under your bed,
Teeth ground sharp, and eyes glowing red!

I am the one hiding under yours stairs,
Fingers like snakes and spiders in my hair!

This is Halloween! This is Halloween!
Halloween! Halloween! Halloween! Halloween!
In this town we call home...
Everyone hail to the pumpkin song!

I was still dancing with the Elvis dressed werewolf. I was laughing as I watched him dance. This certainly wasn't really Elvis-- the man could dance better!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:37 pm
"She's quite the entertainer, isn't she?" said the vampire spirit during the quiet period between songs.

"She certainly seems to know what songs are big hits now a days," replied Moonie, glancing over at the spirit lady. "But who is she?"

"Does it really matter?" asked the vampire. "Just try to focus on enjoying yourself at this masquerade. It's time to let loose and have fun."

"I suppose your right. It's not that important," agreed Moonie. She turned her attention back to the vampire spirit. "But there is something important that I would like to know."

User Image

"What's that?"

"Who are you?"

"Just call me Damon. It'll make things easier."

"Damon, huh?" Moonie chuckled at how ironic the name was considering she thought the vampire spirit looked exactly like the actor who played Damon from The Vampire Diaries. She wondered if the vampire spirit knew this somehow and was the reason why he chose the name. "Very well then."  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Leprechaun_Sean

Loyal Hunter

10,900 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:41 am
After leaving the bathroom, Sean returned to the ballroom feeling slightly refreshed. As he entered, he noticed that a female zombie dressed in ragged police attire was following him. She had been following him for a while now, but she didn't seem to be making any attempts to attack him. Nevertheless, the gaina entered the ballroom. things seemed to have changed. Everyone was having a merrier time. People were dancing. Not one to be left out of the fun, Sean worked up his courage to ask some to dance with him. "Who to ask?" He said looking around. There didn't seem to anyone. Yet again, Sean was left in the corner sitting by himself.

"TMT" Truly Memorable Threads!

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff