Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Private Homes
Bailey Residence

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:20 pm
The Bailey family Apartment

This apartment is located in London England.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.//User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Emma's Bedroom xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Master Bedroom

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.//User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Living Room / Kitchen Combo xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Bathroomxx

This two bedroom apartment was just a starter home for the family of three however with Emma and Logan's dispute the family has dropped to two. Though Emma does stay for a few weeks in the summer. Walking into the apartment you enter the kitchen and living room combination. A modern looking room with black, white, and gold coloring style. On your right as you walk in are three doors. Door number one leads to the bathroom. The second door leads to Emma's room which has been updated to a black and purple set up. The final door at the far back of the apartment is Claire and Logan's room colored in shades of brown and light green. This rather seemingly small rental allows more then enough space for Claire and Logan with the occasional Emma.

Ways To Get In Touch

✓ Muggle Phone Lines
                                ✓ Owl Messaging
                                ✗ Floo Network
                                ✓ Apparition

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:29 pm
Bailey Family Locations:

Claire (Price) Bailey : Home
Logan Bailey : Home / At Work

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:31 pm
Family Facts:

Relations: The Price family

History: Claire is the half sister of Landon

Since showing signs of magic at the age of seven Emma hasn't lived at the apartment.
Instead she's been living at her Uncle's until things can get sorted out with her father (If they ever will...)
- As of 2032 Emma stays at the home a couple weeks in the summer as a way of trying to work things out with her father.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:39 pm
User Image

User ImageLocation: Home

Claire was in the kitchen making lunch. As she did so she began to think about what she should make for dinner. She knew she could think of something but what she wasn't sure. Right now at the moment a pie was in the oven baking away. "Lunch is ready!" Claire called to her daughter.

Emma was in her room coloring away on her bed with about a dozen stuffed animals when she heard her mother call. They ranged from cats and dogs to bunny rabbits and teddy bears. Upon hearing her mother she looked over her animal friends before grabbing a brown bunny from the collection. "Coming!" she called out racing out of her room and over to the kitchen.

"Lunch," Emma said smiling as she took a seat and placed her rabbit on the chair next to her. "What pie's in there?" she asked her mother. "It's a banana chocolate cream pie." Clair told her. "Mmm sounds yummy." she said happily. It sure made lunch uninteresting. "Yes it sure does now doesn't it." she replied. Emma nodded in agreement. User Image

Stats'

Emma: Happy
Claire: Content

Who we're with: each other
OOC: ---

((Outfits in pics))  

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:47 pm
The Bailey Family...

Logan///////////////Claire//////////////////Emma////////
User ImageUser ImageUser Image
Store Manager//////Mother & Wife////Seven Years Old//

Claire had picked up Emma only a little while ago from school, and was now in the kitchen like always getting dinner ready for when her husband came home. On the other side of the room only a small distance away Emma had found a small collection of her stuffed animals and lined them on the couch before taking her story book and sitting in the middle. She was reading yet another book that was all about some made up magical world. Smiling as she watched Claire went back to what she was doing. As far as she saw it her daughter could do her homework, if any later.

It wasn’t long before Logan came home. Putting his keys on the counter he gave a small smile to his wife before looking to his daughter. “Daddy!” Emma called out happily. “Hello pumpkin.” He said putting his briefcase next to the couch. “What did you do today?” he asked her. “We wrote our own stories in class today. Mine was about a fairy that sprinkled her magic dust on a little girl and she was given magic powers.” She explained. “M we talked about this.” Logan began before Emma continued. “I know but wouldn’t it be great if we really could fly or make animals talk?” The girl’s father had tried everything to get her to believe that magic wasn’t real but still she persisted. The young girl talked as if this stuff would really happen.

“It’s not logical for human beings to fly or animals to talk in anything other than barking, hissing, or any other kind of animal noise.” Logan told his daughter trying to remain composed. Claire could tell he was having a tough time with it. He was tired and he was having one of those discussions so she knew where this was going to go. Being the quiet one in the family Claire couldn’t bring herself to speak up. “I was only saying…” Emma started to say before being cut off by her father. “I don’t want to hear it Emma. Magic does not exist.” He told her clearly frustrated.

Emma stared at her father with angry eyes before grabbing her bunny and sliding off the couch. “It’s not fair, you never listen to me.” She said walking toward her room. “It’s not that I don’t listen, it’s just you need to stop believing in something that doesn’t exist.” Logan tried to tell her. Emma stopped and turned around to face her father. “It does so exist, why would people write about it if it didn’t?” Emma retorted. “Emma Bailey that’s enough. It’s a fantasy, nothing about it is real. You talk about magic as if it’s right here in this room and I assure you it’s not.” He told her looking to his wife to back him up, like always that didn’t happen.

Claire just wanted as the two yelled at each other. She wished she could get them to stop but nothing she could say would help the situation. “Yes it is! Just because you can’t see it doesn’t mean it isn’t real!” Emma shouted and as she did there was a spark and then Logan’s jacket caught fire.

Stats'

Logan: Tired... Freaked out!
Claire: Happy... Worried/Panicked...
Emma: Happy... Upset...

Who we're with: Each other
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:57 pm
The Bailey Family...

Store Manager//////Mother & Wife////Seven Years Old//

It happened so fast nobody saw what happened, not even Emma herself. “What the…?” Logan said whipping his jacket off and trying to put it out. Claire at that moment rushed over to her daughter who was still screaming half at her father and half at what was going on in front of her. “Emma! Emma sweetie you need to calm down honey.” She told her daughter. “Close your eyes.” She added. Emma listened to her mother as she tried to breathe. “One, two, three…” Claire and Emma counted together till they hit ten.

Opening her eyes Emma looked from her mother to her father. The flames she had seen were gone now but she knew they weren’t in her imagination. They were real and they did happen. Logan stared at the jacket in his hands that refused to go out until his wife calmed their daughter down. It seemed fine now which he didn’t understand and he was more shocked then anything. Logan didn’t want to know what happened, this was just too much for him. “Get out.” He said suddenly. Both girls looked at him in surprise.

“What did you just say?”
Claire asked her husband. “Get her out of our house.” He rephrased. “But Logan…” she began but was cut off. “Get that witch out of my house!” Logan shouted out of fear more so then anger. “You can’t be serious. She didn’t do anything.” Claire tried to reason with him. “I know what I saw. That girl is a danger to both of us.” He continued still not budging on his position. “She’s no such thing.” She told her husband. “You’re just over reacting.” She added before he said what she never thought he'd say. "Get her out of here before I deal with this myself."

Now calm, Emma hugged her stuffed bunny as she looked at her father with hurt eyes. Why was her father kicking her out? She hadn't done anything... had she? Logan's words were all Claire needed to hear from him. "Let's go M get your things." she told her daughter before ushering Emma out of the apartment and into the hall. Where they were going to go Claire didn’t know but she needed to come up with somewhere and fast.

(Exit Claire and Emma to Landon's Apartment)

Stats'

Logan: Freaked out!
Claire: Worried/Panicked... Shocked...
Emma: Upset, Very Hurt...

Who we're with: Each other

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:56 pm
Logan Bailey
Store Manager
Muggle

Claire Bailey
Mother & Wife
Muggle

User ImageUser Image Location: Our Apartment

Claire had been receiving letters from Emma almost every week with updates on how things were going at her new school. Despite not understanding the world her daughter was growing up in she was happy for her just the same. She was just grateful that her brother understood it all. If not she wouldn't know what to do. Claire had managed to keep it a secret that she was receiving any kind of contact from her daughter. The last thing she needed was her husband to find out.

It was now after Christmas and Claire had received yet another letter talking about all the fun Emma was having. She couldn't help but smile knowing that her daughter was having a good time. However, unlike usual Logan arrived home early and noticed Claire sitting on the couch reading the piece of parchment. "What's that?" he asked her as he walked into the living room. He had just gotten home from work, only he was early. "It's nothing, you're home early." Claire answered folding the letter up as she went to put it in her pocket.

Before Claire could get it into her pocket however Logan snatched it up. "It's really nothing Logan." she tried to tell him which only made him even more skeptical. "Why don't I believe that? You don't generally hide things from me." he commented as he opened the parchment. Questioning the paper as he went to read it, it took Logan only mere seconds to realize what his wife was up too. "You're still in contact with her? Where is she?" Logan snapped demandingly. "She's at my brother's..." Claire answered shamefully. "You're brother's?" he questioned forgetting she even had a brother. "Yes, I didn't know where else to take her." Looking to the floor the brunette didn't know what else to tell him.

After a few minutes of processing, Logan set the letter down before looking back at his wife. "She still doing unspeakable things?" he asked of course it wasn't the right thing to say. "If you mean magic then yes, but... she's at a school learning to control it..." Claire replied a little braver then she usually did before falling silent. "I told you..." Logan began to say before he too fell silent. "I know what you told me..." she said quietly. Looking over at him now sitting on the couch she didn't know if he was mad or just upset...

"I want to see her."

Now that was something Claire would never have expected Logan to say.

Logan

Wearing: Work Clothes

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Claire

Wearing: Beige and Brown

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

With: Each other...
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:31 pm
The Bailey Family...

Store Manager//////Mother & Wife/////////Hufflepuff/////

Emma was nervous… very nervous. She hadn’t seen her father since… since she was seven and set his sleeve on fire. Honestly the twelve year old had no idea what to expect. Why he wanted to see her was anyone’s guess and truthfully she didn’t want to be there. This apartment wasn’t her home. Her home was with her uncle. That’s how she saw it. Overhearing that her uncle wouldn’t be far in the event he was needed she knew it was mostly for safety reasons. Though Emma was aware that her father was more afraid of her then they were of him. She was the dangerous one and she knew it too.

Going up the old familiar steps and up to that all too familiar door, Emma took a breath. “You ready…?” Her mother asked. “Yeah… as ready as I’ll ever be.” She told her. “Alright, just be yourself M.” Claire told her nervously. “I always am…” she muttered as her mother opened the door and let her in. Walking into the apartment, Emma remembered it all too well. Nothing had changed. Not the furnishing or the paint on the walls. She recalled where she was standing when everything happened… right by the fridge, next to the island where her father always put his keys.

Sure enough they were there. Heading for the adjoining living room there was her father on the couch. “Emma.” Logan spoke his voice shaky. She could tell it was fear, just by the way he said it. “Father…” Emma replied back a bit more monotone then she wanted to be. “You’ve gotten big.” He commented as almost sounding like he was in shock. “Yeah, that happens when you haven’t seen me in five years.” Emma commented right back, a hint of irritation in her voice at that. “Look… I’m sorry Emma. The way I acted wasn’t right… I should never have done that…” He told her looking from her to his wife. Claire was just watching the exchange between the two. This wasn’t for her to sort out.

“It took you five years to figure that out?” Emma asked more or less rhetorically. “It’s not like that… I didn’t know…” Logan fell silent. “You didn’t know mum was still in contact with me.” She finished his sentence for him. The truth was she was right, he didn’t know. “Is that the only reason you wanted to see me… to apologize?” Emma asked him getting straight to the actual point. “No, that’s not the only reason.” He told her before gesturing for Claire to join him. Without a word Claire took a seat on the couch beside him as he continued. “Your mother and I would like for you to come live with us again.”

“No! I live with Uncle Landon now.” Emma retorted rather suddenly. There was no way she was moving back in. “Now Emma listen for a second.” Claire chimed in. “No!” she repeated as if it didn’t sink in the first time. “Sweet heart, we aren’t asking for full time... just a couple of weeks here and there during the summer.” She told her. Emma didn’t want to… she just didn’t. This wasn’t fair… “Please, Emma. I’d like to try and make things right.” Logan asked almost pleading. It made Emma wonder if it was for her or for him, like he had a hidden motive he wasn’t saying. “Can I think on it…?” She asked quietly.

“Yes of course.”

“Of course you can.”

Both of Claire and Logan seemed to be in agreement. Only problem was Emma wanted no part in it.

Stats'

Logan: Let's see how this goes.
Claire: Worried / Nervous...
Emma: Nervous... I have to think about this...

Who we're with: Each other...

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:58 pm
The Bailey Family...

Logan/////////////////Claire////////////////Emma////////
Store Manager//////Mother & Wife/////////Hufflepuff/////

The moment Emma had gotten to her parent’s apartment she locked herself in her bedroom. The purple and black room was pretty much the closest thing she could get to home. She still couldn’t believe she talked her parents into letting her paint her walls that color. Putting her stuff next to her bed she collapsed down onto the bed. She could hear her uncle and her mum talking about her from behind the door but didn’t say anything. It didn’t matter what they thought, whether it was a phase or something else. She just didn’t want to be there. Why didn’t they get that?

Before Emma knew it her uncle had left and her mother had come into her room. “How are you doing?” Claire asked her. The fifteen year old looked over at her from her spot on the bed. “Fine…” She commented before rolling onto her side. “I see you cut your hair, it looks nice.” She told her with a smile. “Thanks…” She said back to her mother. Claire sighed clearly her daughter wasn’t happy with her. “Emma it’s only a week. Your father… I need this… I know that sounds selfish but I really want us to be a family.” She told her. “I know you do…” She answered back. “Look I know you aren’t happy with me but if you want to come out… I wouldn’t mind the company.” Claire told her before turning and leaving the room.

Emma laid there for a moment before getting off her bed and going out into the living room. “I’m not unhappy with you.” She told her before adding. “I’m unhappy with dad.” Just then Logan walked in before freezing where he stood. He hadn’t realized that his daughter was there. Noticing her very dark look not to mention the haircut he was quite shocked. “Hello, what’s with the new look?” He asked somewhat curiously. “Just a new look.” Emma answered him looking back to her mother. Claire looked between her daughter and her husband. “Your father and I were thinking we could go out, if you wanted too.” She said glancing from Logan back to Emma. The fifth year certainly didn’t want to but then she remembered her Uncle’s words. “Yeah, sure I guess…”

Stats'

Logan: Bothered...
Claire: Worried...
Emma: Wishing I was somewhere else...

Who we're with: Each other...
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:03 pm
Logan Bailey
Muggle ~ Store Manager

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Wearing: Casual
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

User ImageUser Image

Emma was sadly forced to go to her parents. She begrudgingly didn’t have any excuses this time around. So off she went down the street to her impending doom. Backpack over her shoulders she walked into her parents’ flat and cringed. “Where is mum?” Emma asked her father who was sitting on the couch. “She went out for a bit.” Logan answered his daughter as he turned his attention to her. “Oh…” It was obvious that she wasn’t overly happy about that fact. Though she began heading to her room. “When you’re done putting your stuff in your room I’d like to talk.” He told her. Emma didn’t say anything on the matter and proceeded to head to her room. Putting her stuff next to her bed she thought of every reason why she shouldn’t walk back out into the living room.

Despite all the thoughts telling her this conversation her father wanted was going to end horrible, Emma walked back out into the living room. Walking over to her father she stopped at the couch. “What do you want to talk about?” She asked waiting for the impending doom. “I just wanted to talk. Like how was school? How did your exams go?” Logan began to ask her. “Why… Why do you even care, about any of that?” Emma questioned defensively. “Cause it involves you and your life.” He answered. “You never cared before. You haven’t ever since you threw me out. If you did maybe you’d do what you said you were going to do. Maybe you wouldn’t nitpick at every little thing I say.” Emma momentarily ranted.

“I do care Emma and I haven’t been nitpicking everything you say.” Logan replied trying to keep himself level headed. Course that was hard, they both had quite the emotional imbalance. “Then how do you explain last summer?” Emma asked defensively. Her anger and frustration beginning to get the better of her as the lights began to flicker. “No Emma. I was just being a realist.” He told her. Noting the flickering of the lights a visible look of fear could be seen on his features. Emma picked up on it right away it caused her to snap. “You’re afraid of me. You’re afraid of the fact that I’m a witch. That I can do magic… and you hate me for it!” She shouted. “You’re right, I am afraid but not of you. I don’t do well with things I don’t understand magic is one of them but I have never hated you for it.” Logan tried to explain. “You could have learned about it, mum learned about it, but you didn’t want too.” She retorted.

“I’m like that girl that murdered her whole class at a school dance in some horror film.” Emma added still very frustrated that her own father would look at her like such. By this point tears were welling up in her eyes. “I know that M.” Logan replied a bit on the quiet side. “The way I treated you was wrong… and I’m sorry… I should not have taken it out on you.” By that point he had found his gaze at the table, his look of fear now a look of pain and regret. “The worst part is if you don’t hate me for that then you probably will for like the same sex.” Emma added the tears finally falling from her face. Looking up at his daughter his look of changed to one of surprise and shock. “What…?” Was all he managed to get out as the lights stopped their persistent flickering.

Emma looked at her father taking a few deep breaths. It was evident that her deep breathing had stopped the flickers. “I’m gay.” She answered as if she hadn’t said it simple enough. “When did you find this out?” Logan asked her. “Two years ago… when I was fourteen.” She answered taking a deep breath. “Is there...” Her father went to say before being cut off. “Is there anyone? No. I liked someone but they didn’t like me that way.” She told him seemingly defeated. “I’m sorry M. There are other fish in the sea.” He told her. “I know…” Was all Emma managed to say. “Emma, could we possible start things over?” Logan asked his daughter. “I really do want to make things right with you. If you’d let me.” He added. After a moment Emma gave a light nod before finally sitting down on the couch. She could give him, one more try. After everything they’d admitted to each other perhaps there was still some hope left.

With: Each other...

Emma Bailey
                      Sixth Year Hufflepuff
                      Muggleborn ~ Chaser

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
                      Wearing: Casual
                      ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points