Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Plotting
Roleplay Partner Search Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:59 am
Looking for something to do? Post here with your available characters and their professions. Just let people know what you're up to.

Example

Idris Wyn, Improper Use of Magic Office, Fox Animagus.
- Wants to figure out what the fox says.

Please note that you don't have to include an idea. It is helpful to include a link to the profile if you do not have an idea though.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:36 am
Almost all of my adults need social lives! Friends, things to do, places to go!

The Blythe Family:

Jonathan:
                  Pureblood
                  Potioneer/Herbologist
                  Former Ravenclaw
                  Married
                  Two children, Adalaide ( 16 ) and Sebastian ( 3 )
                  40 years old
                  Interests: Potions, Plants, Swimming, Reading.

Natasha
                  Muggle
                  Gardener/Housewife/Stay at home mom
                  Married
                  Two children, Adalaide ( 16 ) and Sebastian ( 3 )
                  39 years old
                  Interests: Cooking, gardening, reading.

Notes on the Blythes: Jonathan works three days a week in his Potions office, where he brews and sells potions. He can also be hired as a 'consultant' in regards to issues were potions may be helpful, or commissioned to attempt to create a potion for a customer. Natasha likes to take her son Sebastian to the park during the day while Jonathan is at work, and usually eats at a cafe near Finsbury Park.

The Lovette Family:

Thackery:
                  Pureblood
                  Head of the Misuse of Mugget Arifacts Office
                  Former Ravenclaw
                  Married
                  Two children, Gypsy ( 12 ) and Echo ( 11 )
                  29 years old
                  Interests: Muggle media (games, movies, television), classic literature, the internet.

Piper
                  Pureblood
                  Ceramic Artist
                  Married
                  Two children, Gypsy ( 12 ) and Echo ( 11 )
                  29 years old
                  Interests: Art, Theater, Music, anything creative.

Notes on the Lovette's: Thackery plays a lot of online multiplayer video games, and is obsessed with the internet. His favorite developer is Valve and his favorite game is Portal 2. He also plays the MMO Guild Wars 2. Piper spends a lot of her free time in her studio, which is open to the public. She is interested in taking on pupils to teach, and uses no magic in her shop, so it is open to muggles as well as witches and wizards.

The Edgeworth Family:

Wesley:
                  Pureblood
                  Hogwarts School Governor
                  Former Slytherin
                  Promised to MYSELF (Siobhan)
                  One child, Damien ( 16 )
                  46 years old
                  Interests: Classic literature, classical music, fine wines, discussing politics.

Notes on the Edgeworths: Wesley takes his work very seriously, and is not very sociable. However, he finds that lately he feels rather cooped up in his home, and lonely, and so will probably be making many attempts to be out in public. He is also very dedicated to creating and maintaining professional and social connections which will benefit his family. He is 'best friends' with his ex-brother-in-law Michael McHalen. He is romantically unavailable because PLOTS but does need friends.

The McKinney Family:

Fiona:
                  Muggleborn
                  Owner of Madame Malkin's
                  Former Hufflepuff
                  Single, Straight
                  No children
                  27 years old
                  Interests: Fashion, good food, music, nature walks, reading.

Notes on the McKinney Family: Fiona is best friends with Nicole Cherri. She does not approve of drinking because her father was an alcoholic, and will not drink herself, but is accepting of other's choices to do so, provided they don't get drunk in her presence. She tries to, at least once a week, take a walk through the woods or along a river or something that gets her close to nature. Often she will take this opportunity to have a small picnic and read to herself.

The Lowery Family:

Siobhan:
                  Pureblood
                  Owner of The Magical Menagerie
                  Former Gryffindor
                  Promised to MYSELF (Wesley)
                  Three children, Jarlath ( 12 ), Devin, ( 9 ), Prudence ( 8 ).
                  40 years old
                  Interests: Classic literature, classical music, fine wines, discussing politics.

Notes on the Lowery Family: Unlike the others, this is a composite family, made up of many RPers (myself, Sir Spazalots, Yukina101, Maiya Kajuji, Brianna_Locke, Xistund, Miss GryffindorK, Living Lately, Diamond Wales). I have only provided the information for my character.

Siobhan lives with her late husband's family and their children on an estate. She is usually either at her shop or at the home, since she is the primary 'homemaker' in the family. Any interactions with her or friendships would likely have to begin at her shop. She is romantically unavailable because PLOTS but does need friends.

The Harlowe Family:

Amata:
                  Halfblood
                  Hogwarts Professor of Mythology
                  Former Gryffindor
                  Promised to Grayson Powell
                  No children
                  31 years old
                  Interests: Snow (snow ball fights, making snow angels or men, pretty much doing anything outside int the snow), history, mythology, literature, baking.

Notes on the Harlowe Family: Amata is away at Hogwarts through most of the year, but she is a faithful pen pal. She is best friends with Ciaran Lowery and currently flirting with/crushing on Grayson Powell. She still needs friends, though! She is pretty lonely at her house and will use almost any excuse to get out of it, so details aren't as important with her.

The Somerset Family:

Drusilla:
                  Pureblood
                  Hogwarts Professor of Divination
                  Former Ravenclaw
                  Single, Bisexual
                  No children
                  24 years old
                  Interests: Talking to people (no, really... she's not picky), animals, candy.

Notes on the Somerset Family: Drusilla is a Seer, and she tends to be a bit of a space case because of this. She has trouble remembering what is a memory and what is a vision of things to come, and typically calls upon the latter as though it were the former. She is a professor and therefore spends most of her time away at Hogwarts, but she needs something to do over the Summers as well. She is best friends with Professor Lulu Huckabee. But, she needs some luffs. Someone who can handle her crazy, hopefully. Temporary relationships are totally alright.

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:01 pm
[Removed]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:48 pm
Essy ze Ninja
I know I up this time,
Just give me one more try,
I
know you’ve made up your mind.
So leave me here behind you…

╔══════════════╗

Welp, I have a character whom I very much wish to have a social life.
She needs a few friends, enemies, maybe even a boytoy to play with.
I miss playing her.
<3

Annabelle Rich

She is an eighteen year old Slytherin Alumni, pure of blood.
She graduated in 2021.
She is not a purist.
Was chosen as Prefect and Head Girl in her years of Hogwarts
Played quidditch as the Slytherin Seeker from second to seventh year.
She has recently been widowed from her fiancé, William Anthony Devin Cloud.
Devin was committed to St. Mungos Hospital upon the discovery of his body found near Hogsmeade Grounds.
He was discovered in a coma whereby he'd been struck with the dementors kiss.
She is an outstanding duelist, and owns the Dueling Range in Hogsmeade.
Her family history has a very shady, well known background.
The Rich Family is infamously known in the underground wizarding world.
For high debts amongst noble families, crimes of extortion, blackmail, bribery, racketeering, insurance frauds, and black widows.
She tries to hold her head above the accusations that she's the same.

Despite being in a bit of a depressed mood recently,
Belle is usually bold, reckless, and haughty. Fun-loving, and adventurous.
Is compatible with like-minded men, especially the egotistical, alpha males.
Prefers the company of older gentleman than young adults, but won't complain.

╚══════════════╝

User Image

And all the things you said made it harder to breathe,
When I was lying on the floor
I couldn’t believe you wouldn’t save me,
But you
blame me…

Hey Essy, Antony's a few years older (he's 25) but he's from an old family so it makes sense that they would know one another, we could have them drum up a friendship sort of thing o3ob

Ooo, that would be cool. He is about to be working with her cousin (Gabriel,) so they could also know each other on that front. :3 Would you want them to meet each other first time like thing, or meet like they haven't seen each other in a while? o3o  

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

PropertyofGaara

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:17 pm
Hello and Happy New Year! I'm a newbie ( I wonder if any one is willing to give me a try? o3o ). I have an unsorted Hogwarts student revving to go. Would any one care to bump into him before school starts? On the streets, in the wilderness? The sky is pretty much the limit on what could happen as far as my preference is concerned. If you have any 'to-do's on your character development plot list, by all means, use me if you can.

Warren Hornby
He's an all-around animal whisperer in the making - like the brown wizard, Radagast. Therefore he's got the most potential to deal with anything beast related - a potioneer poacher, pet trouble, a coincidental date of animal watching, yada yada. He's very amiable and chill, but he likes to play by the rules. He has a brotherly aura. He'd do well hanging with an older person because he's a respectful, helpful sort of kid. He's muggleborn. He has a little brother with a more gryffindor-ish personality who has shown no magic yet that could or could not also be present. I'm particularly interested in a witch or wizard's place he can get away to in the summer to practice doing magic, since he's the diligent sort; so now would be a great time to start a potentially recurring relationship.

As for Diagon:
Instant friend chemistry?
Or maybe an older student finds him and decides to take him under their wing.
Or sabotage him and send him and his poor muggle parents down Knockturn. ...that actually sounds pretty promising, I like that idea.

Cara MiaKitty

The Lowery Family:

Siobhan:
                  Pureblood
                  Former Gryffindor
                  40 years old

Notes on the Lowery Family: Unlike the others, this is a composite family, made up of many RPers (myself, Sir Spazalots, Yukina101, Maiya Kajuji, Brianna_Locke, Xistund, Miss GryffindorK, Living Lately, Diamond Wales). I have only provided the information for my character.

Siobhan lives with her late husband's family and their children on an estate. She is usually either at her shop or at the home, since she is the primary 'homemaker' in the family. Any interactions with her or friendships would likely have to begin at her shop. She is romantically unavailable because PLOTS but does need friends.

The Somerset Family:

Drusilla:
                  Pureblood
                  Former Ravenclaw
                  Single, Bisexual
                  No children
                  24 years old

Notes on the Somerset Family: Drusilla is a Seer, and she tends to be a bit of a space case because of this. She has trouble remembering what is a memory and what is a vision of things to come, and typically calls upon the latter as though it were the former. She is a professor and therefore spends most of her time away at Hogwarts, but she needs something to do over the Summers as well. She is best friends with Professor Lulu Huckabee. But, she needs some luffs. Someone who can handle her crazy, hopefully. Temporary relationships are totally alright.

Hello Cara MiaKitty! I see two of your characters that seem like good candidates for a run-in with mine, if you're interested.
Siobhan: Not gonna lie, Wren would be keen to befriend the magical pet shop owner. He'll run into her eventually when he goes to buy a pet, but he could run into her taking one or two crups for a walk in the woods one evening, or looking to tame something new for a more unique encounter. He'd probably be interested in an internship or part-time job at her shop in the future, too. And she has kids around his age.
Drusilla: As you say, she's not picky about company, and she shares a love of animals and candy.

I'm down to interact with whoever, just thought I'd bring up the most likely ones as a starting point.

I look forward to bumping elbows with you all!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:43 pm
PropertyofGaara
Hello and Happy New Year! I'm a newbie ( I wonder if any one is willing to give me a try? o3o ). I have an unsorted Hogwarts student revving to go. Would any one care to bump into him before school starts? On the streets, in the wilderness? The sky is pretty much the limit on what could happen as far as my preference is concerned. If you have any 'to-do's on your character development plot list, by all means, use me if you can.

Warren Hornby
He's an all-around animal whisperer in the making - like the brown wizard, Radagast. Therefore he's got the most potential to deal with anything beast related - a potioneer poacher, pet trouble, a coincidental date of animal watching, yada yada. He's very amiable and chill, but he likes to play by the rules. He has a brotherly aura. He'd do well hanging with an older person because he's a respectful, helpful sort of kid. He's muggleborn. He has a little brother with a more gryffindor-ish personality who has shown no magic yet that could or could not also be present. I'm particularly interested in a witch or wizard's place he can get away to in the summer to practice doing magic, since he's the diligent sort; so now would be a great time to start a potentially recurring relationship.

As for Diagon:
Or sabotage him and send him and his poor muggle parents down Knockturn. ...that actually sounds pretty promising, I like that idea.

Cara MiaKitty

The Lowery Family:

Siobhan:
                  Pureblood
                  Former Gryffindor
                  40 years old

The Somerset Family:

Drusilla:
                  Pureblood
                  Former Ravenclaw
                  Single, Bisexual
                  No children
                  24 years old

Hello Cara MiaKitty! I see two of your characters that seem like good candidates for a run-in with mine, if you're interested.
Siobhan: Not gonna lie, Wren would be keen to befriend the magical pet shop owner. He'll run into her eventually when he goes to buy a pet, but he could run into her taking one or two crups for a walk in the woods one evening, or looking to tame something new for a more unique encounter. He'd probably be interested in an internship or part-time job at her shop in the future, too. And she has kids around his age.
Drusilla: As you say, she's not picky about company, and she shares a love of animals and candy.

I'm down to interact with whoever, just thought I'd bring up the most likely ones as a starting point.

I'm about to start working on a scene at the Magical Menagerie, but I can shoot you a PM when it's done, shouldn't be too long cuz it's just me RPing with myself setting up Siobhan and Wesley's relationship. Siobhan would be more than happy to talk to Warren. Talking with the first years is her favorite thing about her job smile As for Dru, she'll be wandering about soon probably.

Also, I have a second year who would probably get along with him, Echo Lovette. He's really bookish but he needs to come out of his shell a bit and be more outgoing and adventurous.  

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

PropertyofGaara

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:26 am
Cara MiaKitty
PropertyofGaara

Warren Hornby

As for Diagon:

Cara MiaKitty

The Lowery Family:

Siobhan:
                  Pureblood
                  Former Gryffindor
                  40 years old

The Somerset Family:

Drusilla:
                  Pureblood
                  Former Ravenclaw
                  Single, Bisexual
                  No children
                  24 years old

I'm about to start working on a scene at the Magical Menagerie, but I can shoot you a PM when it's done, shouldn't be too long cuz it's just me RPing with myself setting up Siobhan and Wesley's relationship. Siobhan would be more than happy to talk to Warren. Talking with the first years is her favorite thing about her job smile As for Dru, she'll be wandering about soon probably.

Also, I have a second year who would probably get along with him, Echo Lovette. He's really bookish but he needs to come out of his shell a bit and be more outgoing and adventurous.

Excellent, I await with baited breath.
I think he'd get along swimmingly with Echo, and hopefully drag him into a beastly misadventure somewhere down the line. I'll keep an eye out for him in Diagon.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:19 pm
I have so many lonely characters!
Mostly I want love interests for my lovely Andrea Lowery and Abigail Bainesworth. Though there is also Gardenia Lincoln who owns Obscurus books, plus most all of the Doyle, Bennett, and Mitchell families.  

Maiya Kajuji

Beloved Bloodsucker

10,625 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Team Jacob 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:41 am
Right now I have free:

Cathaline (Cathy) League-Age 9- who currently does not know of the wizarding world though she is technically a witch but is believed by her family to be a squib as she has yet to show any noticeable displays of magic.

Seymour Benjamin Ryans-Age 8- who has just moved to England from Paraguay though he was born in England. His mother owns Flourish and Blotts and his father is a mediwizard.

Edwin Ryans (a mediwizard) and Dr. Sinclair League (a squib and plastic surgeon) are currently talking in the Leaky Cauldron and can be interrupted by anyone who cares to.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:25 pm
I have two characters that really do need some kind of social life. I have the Albion-Alexandre family in general who is indeed(by inheritance) a rich, high class family. So I need people to associate with to improve the social connections the family have within not only the wealthy community, but the regulars and the underground as well.

This family has two members, one of them being Calvin Albion and the other being Iñigo Albion-Alexandré. Just a little background information on them:

Calvin - 45 - His spouse died four years ago after being married for around 20 years. He is a cold-hearted man, but is always open to strengthening connections within community. He has never been involved in the Dark Arts, and does not plan on getting into it because of the nature of his spouse's death. Despite this, he is open to networks within the underground to see if he can indeed find his wife's killer.

Iñigo - 11 - He is the first and only child of Calvin Albion and the late Jéssica Albion-Alexandré. He is a seer who foresaw his own mother and uncle's death a week before it happened and still has grief over the fact, but he has found his own means to deal with it and is quite social compared to his father. When alone, he can become angered from the constant replay of the death in his mind.However, when around others, he is confident, but he is not arrogant. At times, he has sporadic visions that can come at many different times and has no idea how to control them. He is attending Hogwarts of course, but I feel he should try to make friends before hand.  

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:43 am
RedEagleEye007
I have two characters that really do need some kind of social life. I have the Albion-Alexandre family in general who is indeed(by inheritance) a rich, high class family. So I need people to associate with to improve the social connections the family have within not only the wealthy community, but the regulars and the underground as well.

This family has two members, one of them being Calvin Albion and the other being Iñigo Albion-Alexandré. Just a little background information on them:

Calvin - 45 - His spouse died four years ago after being married for around 20 years. He is a cold-hearted man, but is always open to strengthening connections within community. He has never been involved in the Dark Arts, and does not plan on getting into it because of the nature of his spouse's death. Despite this, he is open to networks within the underground to see if he can indeed find his wife's killer.

Iñigo - 11 - He is the first and only child of Calvin Albion and the late Jéssica Albion-Alexandré. He is a seer who foresaw his own mother and uncle's death a week before it happened and still has grief over the fact, but he has found his own means to deal with it and is quite social compared to his father. When alone, he can become angered from the constant replay of the death in his mind.However, when around others, he is confident, but he is not arrogant. At times, he has sporadic visions that can come at many different times and has no idea how to control them. He is attending Hogwarts of course, but I feel he should try to make friends before hand.

Dr. Sinclair Alfred-Jon League (Age 43) you may be interested in.
-He is a Squib but comes from an old wizarding family as does his wife (who's family is rumored to have had connections with Voldemort). While they aren't very actively involved in either of their families they do visit the families regular enough and would have some connections. He is freed up for use. Right now he is in the Leaky Cauldron, but it is rare to find him in typical wizarding locations.

He is a high end plastic surgeon in London England, and has a son (age 12 in Ravenclaw who is not a natural people person) and a daughter (age 9) believed to be squib, though she is not-the wizarding world does not know of her and she does not know of the wizarding world. He isn't particularly fond of the wizarding world but becomes involved when it suits his needs (money or to protect his family or secrets he wishes to keep secret about himself or his family).  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:06 am
So i'm looking for a way to roleplay more with Attina Elliott

She has no life!
She is the Transfigurations professor for years 4-7
She has custody over her Nephew (Sixth Year) Rowan Elliott
She is 32, would love for her to find some kind of romantic interest but if not, that doesn't matter either.
She has gotten rather boring... Except the fact that she is an energetic Gryffindor teaching one of the hardest subjects....

Any help is wonderfully appreciated.  

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

MsKiwiness

Demonic Divorcee

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:23 pm
Alessandra La Russa

I have Alessandra also known as Lessie to her sister Valentina. Shes 23, Beauxbaton's grad, she was living in Egypt and Lyon before moving to London to look after her sister while shes not at Hogwarts. Alessandra needs a social life if possible something that could lead into a relationship. Shes mostly after friends though as she does not know anyone. Alessandra is bisexual. Alessandra loves cooking, making new friends and history.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:56 am
Hello gaia_kittenstar I am new to the guild, not sure as to were to start, None of my characters know anyone so this seems like a good place to attempt a start.

Elide Lyzorion is an Unsorted soon to be Hogwarts Attendee, She's currently at her home in Wales but could meet up anywhere. I'd like her to make some friends or meet up with some Hogwarts students or soon to be students.

Selene Lyzorion is a Hogwarts graduate, Ravenclaw Alumni from the class of '05. She is the mother of Elide and several other children. She as well is at home but can head anywhere.

Garland Lyzorion is 9 years old, assumed to go to Hogwarts in 2038. Like Elide she could use some friends.

Euphemia Darrow Lyzorion is the eldest child of Selene and she is probably my most interesting at this point, however all of my characters have something that the other does not so how interesting she is is purely from my point of view. She is just returning to the UK from a six year long absence as she travelled though Norway and Europe/Asia. She is a Gryffindor graduate of 2027, she was not played in the 2027 year so she doesn't know any of her classmates from that year (sorry) She can be anywhere at this point since she is just returning from her travels.

So, if anyone would like to go for it um, I guess just either PM me or Quote me here? Whichever works best.

river rocker

Profitable Bloodsucker

7,900 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Survivor 150
Plotting

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers