Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Third Year Classes
Advanced Flying II ~ Lesson 1/4 (Opened 11/22) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:27 pm
Professor Landon Price
Muggleborn Former Hufflepuff
Professor of Flying (1st to 3rd Year)

User ImageUser Image
                                    Location: Class (on the pitch) - Friday @ 10:00am

Landon liked what he saw during the last class. They were a good bunch of students when it came to targeting things. However, now they'd be dealing with the snitch an evasive little ball that was down near impossible to see. Landon knew full well that catching the golden ball was a challenge and a real challenge at that. As he waited for his class to arrive he thought about the position they would be going over.

“Good morning class. Last we covered the position of Beater. Today however we will be learning the position of Seeker.” Landon told the class. “The Seeker has only one sole purpose in the game of Quidditch.” He explained. “Now can anyone tell me what that is and why it’s one of the most important jobs?” he asked the class. It was an easy question but it got them involved before working on the practical.

With: my third year class

Wearing: Professional

OOC: - - -

Kiska166
                                    Philip Quimby-Winthrop, Hufflepuff : 0/4 || 0 Reports

Kungfudemoness
                                    Cian Quinlan, Slytherin : 1/4 || 0 Reports

Yukina101
                                    Jackson Hawthorne, Gryffindor : 0/4 || 0 Reports
                                    Wilson Hawthorne, Slytherin : 0/4 || 0 Reports

The Forgotten Weasley
                                    Dagrun Eide, Hufflepuff : 0/4 || 0 Reports

Julian Galaksylph
                                    Donner Eide, Gryffindor : 0/4 || 0 Reports
                                    Esmerelda Mortemor, Hufflepuff : 0/4 || 0 Reports

Summer II
                                    Iona Duffy, Ravenclaw : 0/4 || 0 Reports

murruelecreuset
                                    Griffin Fearon, Gryffindor : 0/4 || 0 Reports

mc2
                                    Mary Conri-Dechering, Hufflepuff : 1/4 || 0 Reports

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:11 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
❁ Mary Fidelma Conri-Dechering ❁ xxxxx
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xxxx <3rd Year> <"American Girl" and Georgia Peach>
Time: 2042-2043
------------------------------------------------------------------------xx

Mary was all the more excited about Advanced Flying class now that she was named one of the starting-line chasers for her House. She hadn't expected the position for a couple more years, but she must have impressed with her eagerness and strength of will. Either way she was really thankful and felt like squealing in happiness at the news. Coming to class early, Mary clutched her broom tight waiting for class to start. Today they were learning about the seeker position. Mary figured it would be fun to try out the position in class and eagerly raised her hand when asked why its one of the most important jobs, "I mean it is really important because the seeker catches the snitch which is 150 points and it ends the game, but it isn't always a guarantee of a win. Like in 1994 at the World Cup when Viktor Krum for Bulgaria caught the snitch but Ireland still one because they had the better chasers." She blushed a little at sounding like a know-it-all but the 1994 World Cup was famous for its upset and the events surrounding a Dark Mark appearing, and Mary liked to read about history and quidditch, so the 1994 World Cup always stood out to her.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
                                                  My dear, I wager your father will be proud of you regardless
                                                  You need to forge your own path
                                                  And I think you'll be doing just that in

Hufflepuff!
                                                  {OoC: }
                                                  Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:46 pm
New Year 2043 - 2044

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:54 pm
Professor Landon Price

User ImageUser Image

Landon walked onto the field for his third year class. He hoped the students would enjoy this year more than last. He’d be teaching them everything they would need to know to play Quidditch and for some, make them into professionals. It was a tough job but someone had to do it. Landon knew just about everything there was to know about Quidditch, so it was only fitting for him to want them to know just as much.

As the students started to come onto the field Landon smiled. "Good morning class, it's good to see you back again and I hope your first week back has been going well so far." he told them brightly. "Just a quick reminder on the rules before we get started, come to class on time and prepared to have fun and do your best. No horsing around and please leave your wands in your bags." Landon quickly skimmed over. "Now, this year we will be covering all the positions in Quidditch. For today we will be starting off with the position of Beater. So what can you guys tell me about it?" he asked curiously wondering what his class already knew.

Wearing: Professional

Kungfudemoness
                                    Nicodemus Lovette, Ravenclaw : 0/4 || 0 Reports
                                    Shui Quan, Hufflepuff : 0/4 || 0 Reports

The Forgotten Weasley
                                    Laire Thorburn, Gryffindor : 0/4 || 0 Reports
                                    Ilene Warlow, Hufflepuff : 0/4 || 0 Reports

murruelecreuset
                                    Chelsea Durant, Gryffindor : 0/4 || 0 Reports

Jade Galaksylph
                                    Samuli Farquarson, Ravenclaw : 0/4 || 0 Reports
                                    Vilhelmina Markov, Slytherin : 0/4 || 0 Reports

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:16 pm
New Year 2044 - 2045

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:17 pm
Professor Landon Price

User ImageUser Image

Landon walked onto the field for his third year class. He hoped the students would enjoy this year more than last. He’d be teaching them everything they would need to know to play Quidditch and for some, make them into professionals. It was a tough job but someone had to do it. Landon knew just about everything there was to know about Quidditch, so it was only fitting for him to want them to know just as much.

As the students started to come onto the field Landon smiled. "Good morning class, it's good to see you back again and I hope your first week back has been going well so far." he told them brightly. "Just a quick reminder on the rules before we get started, come to class on time and prepared to have fun and do your best. No horsing around and please leave your wands in your bags." Landon quickly skimmed over. "Now, this year we will be covering all the positions in Quidditch. For today we will be starting off with the position of Beater. So what can you guys tell me about it?" he asked curiously wondering what his class already knew.

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:50 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

GWYNETH.& RHYDIAN.MCHALEN
Third Years
Ravenclaw and Gryffindor

══════════════════ ══════════════════

The twins were in high spirits as they made their way to the quidditch field where class was being held. With a bag slung over their shoulders, they each carried their custom made broom, specially made by their father, and jogged their way down the field to meet up with the class.

”I can't wait to be up in the air,” Rhydian said, skipping backwards as Gwyneth walked forward. ”I wish Da' could be here. I wish Da' could be our professor! Or referee! Or somethin'! It'd be so much fun.”

Gwyneth shook her head, laughing. ”You're so weird!” Rhydian stuck out his tongue which only made Gwyneth laugh more. By the time they reached the professor, they quieted down and set their belongings aside while waiting for class to start.

Rhydian was the first to answer. ”Beater's are important! On defense, they protect the players from getting thwacked by bludgers. On offense, they try to knock out the other team's players'.”

╔═════════════════════════╗
【WHEN:: Fall 2044
【WHERE:: Adv. Flying Class
【WITH WHO:: Third Years
╚═════════════════════════╝

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:24 am
Professor Landon Price

User ImageUser Image

"That's correct Rhydian, 10 points to Gryffindor." Landon said with a smile. "A beater's job is in fact to hit bludgers at the opposing team to make it more difficult for them, as well as to protect their own teammates from incoming bludgers. There are two beaters on each team and they are known to be the ones most hit by bludgers, whether it's by being aimed at or missing their target." Landon explained.

“Now, I’m sure you don’t want to just sit and listen to one giant lecture on how playing Beater works. Besides I find the best way to learn is to try it for yourself.” Landon told them with a small smirk. “So today I’m giving you a change to try it out for yourselves. For those who already know how to play Beater think of this as practice. I promise our next topic will be something you’ve never done less you’ve played any other position.” He said knowing it would be boring for those who already knew but they could at least help their classmates if they wanted too.

Landon then handed out the Beater bats and brooms to anyone who needed them. “Now before I release the bludgers on you I’m going to explain how this works. Line the Beater bat up with the incoming bludger, and give a good swing at an angle that will get it to go in the direction you want it to go.” He explained. “You are all aiming at those targets there, so good luck and most importantly have fun. As mentioned before, with playing Beater you take a big risk of being hit, but do not worry if that happens. I’ll be casting the softening charm to insure you don’t get injured during class.” Landon assured them hoping they’d go out there and just have some fun.

Rules: Same as Quidditch Rules
                                    Dice roll 3 or lower you lose a life (In this case you won't take a life)
                                    Dice roll + Modifiers if higher then targets AC = Hit (In this case - Targets AC is 13)

Skills:
                                    If you already have skills - use the skills you have
                                    If you don't have skills click the link provided --> Here and pick your skills.

OOC: If you have any questions just let me know.
                                    Note : You may try to hit the target as many times as you like and you don't have to wait the six hours as you are hitting dumb targets.

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 11:01 pm
New Year 2045 - 2046

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 11:02 pm
Professor Landon Price

User ImageUser Image

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:36 pm
New Year 2046 - 2047

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:37 pm
Professor Landon Price

User ImageUser Image

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

Rawwry

Feral Fatcat

5,800 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:36 am
User Image

User Image

s h e ' s x a x k i l l e r x q u e e n , x g u n p o w d e r , x g e l a t i n- - -
h u f f l e p u f f x t h i r d x y e a r ✶
a d v a n c e d x f l y i n g x I I ✶
p r o f e s s o r x p r i c e x a n d x c l a s s m a t e s ✶
s c h o o l x u n i f o r m
r e s e r v e x c h a s e r ✶

Saffron bounced excitedly on her toes, a grin plastered across her face. Flying was her favorite class and she was a bit sad about this being her last year enrolled, but she'd make it last. She pulled her hair up into a ponytail to keep it out of her face as she listened to Professor Price opening speech. At his reminder of the rules, she slipped her wand into the perfectly wand-sized pocket in her bag, her mother had made some alterations to make sure she wouldn't lose anything. Her broom lay at her feet as her hand shot into the air to answer his question. She knew this one! "Beaters hit bludgers at opposing players to slow their advancement toward the goal, or the snitch, but they also protect their own players so that their players don't get hurt!" Saffron had tried out for the beater position once after all! Turned out she was better suited to play chaser, but she still had some experience playing in that position.

✶ ✶ ✶ ✶- - - - - - - - - - - - d y n a m i t e x w i t h x a x l a s e r b e a mx , g u a r a n t e e d x t o x b l o w x y o u r x m i n d x a n y t i m e- - - - - - - - - - - -✶ ✶ ✶ ✶

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:58 pm
User Image
Canaan Grey
RavenclawThird YearThirteen Years OldSingleReserve Keeper

Canaan was glad at the chance to be on the pitch, as he loved the sport of Quidditch, and had made something of a study of it. It was also an excuse to get out of the castle. It was a pity this was the last term he'd be taking Advanced Flying, as the extra practice was helping him be a better flyer, and gave him the chance to try other positions besides his usual place between the hoops. He got to class as early as he was able, and was ready to get started when Professor Price began things.

While Saffron beat him to the punch as far as answering the professor's question, Canaan offered up a thought. "Um, a good crew of Beaters can have an effect on the speed and flow of a match, as they can spoil an opposing Chaser's shot on goal, or cause the opposing Seeker to spend more time worrying about getting knocked off their broomstick than spotting and catching the Snitch."

OOC:
Username

User Image
AC: 14
Modifiers: +4 Blocking the Quaffle, +4 Shooting the Quaffle
Special Skills: Good Arm, Hold the Line, Natural Flyer
Lives: [ ] [ ] [ ]
Action:
Effect Value:  

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points