I bet you thought that slave labor ended with the Civil War. Well, you're wrong. It may not exist here in America, but there's plenty of American companies using forced labor to make their products. These are companies that I'd be willing to be you consume their products if not on a daily basis, but perhaps a weekly basis, at the least a monthly basis.

Some of these companies include Hershey, Victoria's Secret, Forever 21, Aeropostal, Toys 'R' Us, and Urban Outfitters.

Common products to be produced using forced labor include carpets, cocoa, coal, diamonds, garments, rice, cattle, coffee, bricks, tobacco, sugarcane, cotton, and gold.

So, why am I posting all of this here? Well, I for one want this to change. Nobody should have to be forced to work in such conditions as these people, many of them children, do. Nobody. They hardly have proper living conditions, and it's quite common for a forced laborer to be abused and murdered.

Which leads me to the title. Today, November 19th is National Day of Action here in America. I know we have some international members, but many of us are from the States. If you live in America, click this link to get involved. No matter where you live, you can decide not to go to these businesses. You can download an app called Free2Work which will tell you more about the companies using slave labor. Go through your closet and see if you own any clothing made by companies using forced labor. If you do, donate it to a homeless shelter. Don't just go for the thing you've been wanting to get rid of for ages, make a sacrifice.