Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Word Games
Gaming discussion

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

maui boy no ka oi

Allied Ally

12,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Newbie Helper 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:40 am
I'll probably end up just talking to myself here, but what the hell. Gonna try and start a discussion here about games and the like.

So to start off, Black Friday is coming right around the corner. Tons of sales are bound to be happening all over the country. I have my eyes on Steam in particular since you don't have to wait in line, they're always going to be in stock, and there are lots of games I have on my wishlist that will probably go on sale soon. If you don't know what Steam is, here's a link.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:05 pm
maui boy no ka oi
I'll probably end up just talking to myself here, but what the hell. Gonna try and start a discussion here about games and the like.

So to start off, Black Friday is coming right around the corner. Tons of sales are bound to be happening all over the country. I have my eyes on Steam in particular since you don't have to wait in line, they're always going to be in stock, and there are lots of games I have on my wishlist that will probably go on sale soon. If you don't know what Steam is, here's a link.

I used to have Steam on my laptop, but it couldn't run it very well. emotion_sweatdrop That's a good alternative to actually going to the store (like Amazon almost) to buy something when there's going to be a ton of people there.  

Eternal Rebellion

Inquisitor

8,950 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

maui boy no ka oi

Allied Ally

12,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Newbie Helper 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:44 am
Eternal Rebellion
maui boy no ka oi

I used to have Steam on my laptop, but it couldn't run it very well. emotion_sweatdrop That's a good alternative to actually going to the store (like Amazon almost) to buy something when there's going to be a ton of people there.
Pretty much. Plus game retailers don't really have a lot of PC games for some reason. It's always baffled me why that is since PC gaming is probably home to the most die-hard gamers out there. Then again, there are far more console gamers than there are PC gamers AFAIK. It's easier to set up, it's cheaper (when it comes to the more intensive games), and it makes people feel like they have something cool that other people want LOL.

In any case, I just took my 6-man battle team online in Pokemon Y and completely rolled my opponent. I had only two which was my Hydreigon which I sacrificed to get rid of a much larger threat in Aegislash and my Azumarill which I just used as blind bait when my Hydreigon died to take out Ambipom and suicide for my Gengar to switch in. Ragequit was soon to follow LOL.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:07 am
I have a Steam account. c:  

Harmonical Melodies

Hallowed Lunatic

13,700 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Battle: Knight 100

maui boy no ka oi

Allied Ally

12,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Newbie Helper 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:03 pm
Harmonical Melodies
Add me @ fishpirate666  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:43 pm
maui boy no ka oi
Harmonical Melodies
Add me @ fishpirate666

Sent, I'm Smeagol.  

Harmonical Melodies

Hallowed Lunatic

13,700 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Battle: Knight 100

maui boy no ka oi

Allied Ally

12,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Newbie Helper 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:26 am
Steam sales were recently released to kick off the holiday season. Picked up CS:GO and Rome 2 Total War. Will likely pick up Skyrim DLC if it goes for 75% or more off.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:11 pm
Just ordered myself a Gigabyte FX990 UD3 motherboard and an AMD FX8350 CPU from newegg. I will likely need a new GPU as well later on. Am currently looking at an Evga GTX 660 FTW edition with 3GB of GDDR5 VRAM.  

maui boy no ka oi

Allied Ally

12,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Newbie Helper 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

maui boy no ka oi

Allied Ally

12,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Newbie Helper 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:37 pm
The Jedi Knight series from Dark Forces through Jedi Academy just went on sale on Steam today for $7.50. Pretty good deal and really good for me since I was thinking of buying Jedi Outcast for my girlfriend anyway. I used to splitscreen with my friend all the time on my GCN back in the day. This and Battlefront 2 were our mainstay games.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:22 pm
User Image I'm more comfortable playing with consoles (QAQ) I don't have a high-end PC or laptop fit enough for gaming. My current PC is heavily clogged with graphic-editing softwares xD

I only play offline though xD User Image

koromyst

Illuminated Star

19,900 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100

maui boy no ka oi

Allied Ally

12,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Newbie Helper 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:07 am
koromyst
User Image I'm more comfortable playing with consoles (QAQ) I don't have a high-end PC or laptop fit enough for gaming. My current PC is heavily clogged with graphic-editing softwares xD

I only play offline though xD User Image
You should try out some lower end games. Older games from back in the day should be fine on most modern computers. Try checking out Steam for older games such as Civilization 4 or even Spore.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:36 pm
Been playing clash of clans lately. Pretty decent game to get on when you're too busy to actually pay attention lol  

maui boy no ka oi

Allied Ally

12,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Newbie Helper 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
☆ Word Games

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items