Makako-ma
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:05 pm
Your Boy Roy
Makako-ma
Your Boy Roy
Makako-ma
Your Boy Roy

I teach math, so the idea of math hurting my head is laughable. I calculate numbers bigger than what calculators can completely calculate for fun. And from that...I find your explanation still somewhat...lacking. Which is why I can say....that I think you are actually underestimating the numerical value, which is partly a factorial, if I am understanding things correctly.

5*(5*4*3*2*1), wherein the 5 inside the parenthesis represents the 5 powers, and the lower numbers represent the number of ways the power can react if a certain number of people are near (4 ways if 1 other person is near, 3 if 2, and so on). Then multiply that by 5 to do the inside formula for all 5 people. Altogether, that is 600.

Change the formula for 6, and you get: 6*(6*5*4*3*2*1), which equals 6*(720), or 4320 different combinations.

While that may seem big, since there has been a good bit of research that has already been done, it would just be taking it a step further. We don't need to begin again. After all, if we had to start over as a race whenever a new discovery was made, we would likely never have made it past the medieval era, at best. Whenever we discover a new element, we don't need to redo the entire periodic table. Whenever we reach a new digit of pi, we don't need to start from 3.14 again. I think it's plausible to do this new thing.

(And yes, I have calculated a number that won't fit into a calculator without relying on exponents. To the best of my knowledge, since the calculators had to round, it is correct. Somedays I get bored and do tedious math problems.)

Hardly laughable.. though I suppose it does depend where you come from.. but there are many teachers with zero passion for the thing they teach lol.

I am not so much underestimating as I am trying to make certain numbers fit into an analogy without over complicating the matter.

As for starting over as a race each time we make a new discovery.. that is actually close to what must happen. It’s why i refer to it as “reinventing the wheel”

Not only does adding the 6th element force us to rethink how everything interacts we are also tossing out a major game balancing element and rewriting the physics of a world that already had some sketchy physics to begin with. We can certainly accomplish this but if we go this route I don’t want to hear about how tired and busy everyone is later lol

Um...no. That's not how new discovery works. We did not have to start over from the flame when the car was invented, nor when the Wright Brothers flew the first plane. We took what we had, in conjunction with those new forms of transportation, and took the next step forward. Which is what we're doing here. You ARE overcomplicating things.

And there's a difference between finding pleasure in something and being good at it. For example:
I am both good and passionate about math. In addition, though I can be considered passable with playing the trombone, I do not enjoy it.

I’m not overcomplicating it, I’m just explaining why it was complicated to begin with. If you discover a new sub particle to the atom and suddenly it changes whether or not your computer works the complications will spread.

It’s one thing to discover a neat trick
It’s quite another to create something within somethignthat, within your world, is the origin of all things.

Again it’s certainly doable but do you really want to is the problem especially when the current system already has something similar to use

Mm...yeah, you're overcomplicating it. Again, even when they discovered the new features of the atom, they didn't need to start from the giant room-sized computer again. They simply adapted, just like we should do in this guild. So, again, a new discovery/invention does not necessitate remaking the wheel. So, step back, let's see what the idea is, and we'll see how it goes.

That’s because a mere discovery does not change the outcome. This could however. If you decide that electrons work slightly differently the earths could explode.. but getting back to my actual point just go ahead and step back if you really believe you have that kind of free time. You know my position and roughly my reasoning. My goal here is to explain and present not to persuade.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:10 pm
Makako-ma
Your Boy Roy
Makako-ma
Your Boy Roy
Makako-ma
Your Boy Roy

I teach math, so the idea of math hurting my head is laughable. I calculate numbers bigger than what calculators can completely calculate for fun. And from that...I find your explanation still somewhat...lacking. Which is why I can say....that I think you are actually underestimating the numerical value, which is partly a factorial, if I am understanding things correctly.

5*(5*4*3*2*1), wherein the 5 inside the parenthesis represents the 5 powers, and the lower numbers represent the number of ways the power can react if a certain number of people are near (4 ways if 1 other person is near, 3 if 2, and so on). Then multiply that by 5 to do the inside formula for all 5 people. Altogether, that is 600.

Change the formula for 6, and you get: 6*(6*5*4*3*2*1), which equals 6*(720), or 4320 different combinations.

While that may seem big, since there has been a good bit of research that has already been done, it would just be taking it a step further. We don't need to begin again. After all, if we had to start over as a race whenever a new discovery was made, we would likely never have made it past the medieval era, at best. Whenever we discover a new element, we don't need to redo the entire periodic table. Whenever we reach a new digit of pi, we don't need to start from 3.14 again. I think it's plausible to do this new thing.

(And yes, I have calculated a number that won't fit into a calculator without relying on exponents. To the best of my knowledge, since the calculators had to round, it is correct. Somedays I get bored and do tedious math problems.)

Hardly laughable.. though I suppose it does depend where you come from.. but there are many teachers with zero passion for the thing they teach lol.

I am not so much underestimating as I am trying to make certain numbers fit into an analogy without over complicating the matter.

As for starting over as a race each time we make a new discovery.. that is actually close to what must happen. It’s why i refer to it as “reinventing the wheel”

Not only does adding the 6th element force us to rethink how everything interacts we are also tossing out a major game balancing element and rewriting the physics of a world that already had some sketchy physics to begin with. We can certainly accomplish this but if we go this route I don’t want to hear about how tired and busy everyone is later lol

Um...no. That's not how new discovery works. We did not have to start over from the flame when the car was invented, nor when the Wright Brothers flew the first plane. We took what we had, in conjunction with those new forms of transportation, and took the next step forward. Which is what we're doing here. You ARE overcomplicating things.

And there's a difference between finding pleasure in something and being good at it. For example:
I am both good and passionate about math. In addition, though I can be considered passable with playing the trombone, I do not enjoy it.

I’m not overcomplicating it, I’m just explaining why it was complicated to begin with. If you discover a new sub particle to the atom and suddenly it changes whether or not your computer works the complications will spread.

It’s quite another to create something within somethignthat, within your world, is the origin of all things.

Again it’s certainly doable but do you really want to is the problem especially when the current system already has something similar to use

Mm...yeah, you're overcomplicating it. Again, even when they discovered the new features of the atom, they didn't need to start from the giant room-sized computer again. They simply adapted, just like we should do in this guild. So, again, a new discovery/invention does not necessitate remaking the wheel. So, step back, let's see what the idea is, and we'll see how it goes.

That’s because a mere discovery does not change the outcome. This could however. If you decide that electrons work slightly differently the earths could explode.. but getting back to my actual point just go ahead and step back if you really believe you have that kind of free time. You know my position and roughly my reasoning. My goal here is to explain and present not to persuade.

And yet once you explained, you kept trying to persuade. Once again, step back and let the captain handle it. Yes, I know your position and reasoning (even if you fail to see how you're overcomplicating it), though I don't agree with your reasoning. I cannot justly position myself on the position as I haven't seen the whole series. Nevertheless, a discovery doesn't change the world. It just creates an AU. Which is what this is. So, just back off, let's see what happens before you are tempted to add a bit too much Makako flair.  

Your Boy Roy

Wealthy Poster

9,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Makako-ma
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:18 pm
Your Boy Roy
Makako-ma
Your Boy Roy
Makako-ma
Your Boy Roy

And yet once you explained, you kept trying to persuade. Once again, step back and let the captain handle it. Yes, I know your position and reasoning (even if you fail to see how you're overcomplicating it), though I don't agree with your reasoning. I cannot justly position myself on the position as I haven't seen the whole series. Nevertheless, a discovery doesn't change the world. It just creates an AU. Which is what this is. So, just back off, let's see what happens before you are tempted to add a bit too much Makako flair.

This is not just an AU. It is extra work that will directly contradict what already exists and complicate things. I have not complicated nor simplified anything outside of attempting to create an analogy.

I don’t want to add Makako flair, I am attempting to avoid adding much at all actually. I have seen the bulk of the series and I’ve seen what happens to people trying to run or join these roleplays. An AU ribbon will not make the problem being presented nor the moderation headaches that follow go away.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:47 pm
Makako-ma
Your Boy Roy
Makako-ma
Your Boy Roy
Makako-ma
Your Boy Roy

This is not just an AU. It is extra work that will directly contradict what already exists and complicate things. I have not complicated nor simplified anything outside of attempting to create an analogy.

I don’t want to add Makako flair, I am attempting to avoid adding much at all actually. I have seen the bulk of the series and I’ve seen what happens to people trying to run or join these roleplays. An AU ribbon will not make the problem being presented nor the moderation headaches that follow go away.

Except the Captain is saying it isn't? That or she already has a plan for it. Which, it's fine to take liberties if one can handle it. And yes, I said that you have not added that flair yet. But, you do have a tendency to try and add more and more of your world into RP if you are given wiggle room. That's not necessarily a bad thing. And perhaps it will make the headache go away. Some people like building worlds. I thought YOU might agree with that. Let her build her world, as you built yours.  

Your Boy Roy

Wealthy Poster

9,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Elocutionist 200

-x- Rei -x-

O.G. Vampire

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:45 pm
*Sniffs about*  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:15 pm
Your Boy Roy
Makako-ma
Your Boy Roy
Makako-ma
Your Boy Roy

Except the Captain is saying it isn't? That or she already has a plan for it. Which, it's fine to take liberties if one can handle it. And yes, I said that you have not added that flair yet. But, you do have a tendency to try and add more and more of your world into RP if you are given wiggle room. That's not necessarily a bad thing. And perhaps it will make the headache go away. Some people like building worlds. I thought YOU might agree with that. Let her build her world, as you built yours.

As I mentioned

She hasn’t given me any solid answer and I am not a fan of wishy washy almost-decisions. As I also said I’m going to “step back” there’s no need for your habit of playing psychologist. What she has confirmed is that she wants it to be a democracy and two people here seem to want to walk down that path for whatever reason. Again as I also said it doesn’t matter if I’m right or wrong  

Makako-ma
Crew

Makako-ma
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:50 pm
-x- Rei -x-
*Sniffs about*
*adds copious amounts of pepper to an apple while in front of a fan*  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:55 pm
Makako-ma
Your Boy Roy
Makako-ma
Your Boy Roy
Makako-ma
Your Boy Roy

As I mentioned

She hasn’t given me any solid answer and I am not a fan of wishy washy almost-decisions. As I also said I’m going to “step back” there’s no need for your habit of playing psychologist. What she has confirmed is that she wants it to be a democracy and two people here seem to want to walk down that path for whatever reason. Again as I also said it doesn’t matter if I’m right or wrong

Never said I was playing psychologist, those are your (wrong) words. I don't need to play psychologist to know what you're going on about. I am simply saying that there's no need for your intervention at this time. If anything, I am simply being a mathematician, or a scientist. Putting the numbers together, and making an educated guess about the outcome, somewhat based on what I have experienced in the past. The conclusion: let's see what she has planned before either of us try to promote our own ideas. After all, you can't tell if it is a "wishy washy almost-decision" unless you wait to fully hear the idea out.  

Your Boy Roy

Wealthy Poster

9,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Makako-ma
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:46 pm
Your Boy Roy
Makako-ma
Your Boy Roy
Makako-ma
Your Boy Roy

As I mentioned

Never said I was playing psychologist, those are your (wrong) words. I don't need to play psychologist to know what you're going on about. I am simply saying that there's no need for your intervention at this time. If anything, I am simply being a mathematician, or a scientist. Putting the numbers together, and making an educated guess about the outcome, somewhat based on what I have experienced in the past. The conclusion: let's see what she has planned before either of us try to promote our own ideas. After all, you can't tell if it is a "wishy washy almost-decision" unless you wait to fully hear the idea out.

Wish washy half decision refers to me making an offer and not getting a clear green light or red light. But we can’t change this quickly if it will be a democracy, which at least suggests a forced neutrality in the name of fairness  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:43 am
Your Boy Roy
Akemi Mercuraki
Your Boy Roy
Makako-ma
Your Boy Roy

you do realize you posted that twice right? Also why have you stopped talking to me?

Gaia mishap. And I wasn't sure how to respond to what you said.

Akemi Mercuraki
Captain

Unbeatable Hero

12,300 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Inquisitor 200

Akemi Mercuraki
Captain

Unbeatable Hero

12,300 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:13 am
-x- Rei -x-
*Sniffs about*
Are you new? Or a returning member?  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:15 am
Your Boy Roy
Makako-ma
Your Boy Roy
Makako-ma
Your Boy Roy

As I mentioned

Good Morning! How are you?  

Akemi Mercuraki
Captain

Unbeatable Hero

12,300 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Inquisitor 200

The-DJ-Ghost

Sparkly Cat

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:52 am
Ummm....

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:06 pm
Akemi Mercuraki
Your Boy Roy
Makako-ma
Your Boy Roy
Makako-ma
Your Boy Roy

As I mentioned

Evening! I am now tired.  

Your Boy Roy

Wealthy Poster

9,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Akemi Mercuraki
Captain

Unbeatable Hero

12,300 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:45 pm
Your Boy Roy
Akemi Mercuraki
Your Boy Roy
Makako-ma
Your Boy Roy

As I mentioned

Evening! I am now tired.
*gives you a Body Pillow of your favorite Naruto Female*  
Naruto: Souzoujutsu

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out